Fortune86

CLOSED

"I think it's vegetable" said Eli.

He walked over to one of the chairs and sat down, placing the flask of water on the ground by his feet. He picked up the spoon that had been placed in the bowl and tentatively ladled up some of the stew. He raised the spoon to his mouth and placed it inside.

The stew was hot and a lot better tasting than he thought it would be, or maybe he was too hungry to notice. Swallowing the stew he removed the spoon from his mouth and looked thoughtfully over at the hatch.

Kanya looked a bit skeptical at the bowl and flask not sure if they should even eat or drink it. When she looked at Eli who had take a sip and nothing had happened she guessed it wouldn’t kill them then. Taking her bowl and flask she noticed that she didn’t have a spoon.

“Hey.” She spoke placing her bowl down again and knocking on the hatch door. “I have no spoon.”

Still looking curious at the hatch it opened quickly and a spoon flung straight for her forehead. Kanya fell backwards holding her head and whimpering slightly. She could feel a sharp pain run over her skull.

“Ouch.” She spoke softly before standing up and going to the bathroom.

Despite being unwilling, Luc returned to the hallway. It was better then being out in an arena where monsters just show up... it also provided some comfort for rest.

In the hallway, he saw Eli standing in front of the door, a bowl and a flash in his grasp. Walking towards the common room he stood before the door, watching as a bowl and flask were slid into the room. He looked at it with distaste, however it was better then nothing.

Carrying his portions he entered Cell 10.

"Kanya?"

Eli watched as a spoon was flung out of the hatch and bounced right off Kanya's head. The blow caused her to fall over and then run to the bathroom cluching her forehead. Eli put his bowl of stew down and followed after her, worried.

"Are you okay?" he called through the door.

Andromeda stirred slightly. She heard dreadful clanging noises coming from the hall. She raised her face to see out the cell door, unaware that there was still dried blood on her face. She saw Eli with what appeared to be a bowl.

"H...hey, wh..where did you get th..that from..m?" She hated the weakened stutter she'd gained, and cursed it. With a groaning effort, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and promptly had to hold her head, a massive headache taking hold.

Kanya sat in the corner of the bathroom near one of the sinks. It was so embarrassing; she got taken down by a spoon like that and in front of someone as well. She felt stupid and was actually glad it was just Eli there, the others would have most likely laughed at her.

“I’m ok.” She spoke sniffing slightly.

Eli took a step back from the door and looked at it with uncertainly. Kanya didn't sound like she was in pain. Maybe she was just embarrassed?

"Okay then" he said feeling like an idiot for not being able to think of anything further to say. "I'll just...go then."

Andromeda appeared at her cell door and called down to him. She must have seen him with the bowl of stew.

"There's a hatch" he explained. "It opened and put some bowls out. There's water too."

Andromeda gave a wordless smile and nod as thanks, leaning on the cell door in order to open it. She stumbled as it opened, but she grabbed the bars to right herself. She slowly dragged her feet across the cold floor into the common room, where she stopped and looked around clutching one arm as though it were injured. It wasn't of course, but it certainly was a comfort.

The hatch rattled as a bowl and water appeared just like Eli's, alerting her to its location. Those look pretty heavy. She picks them up and nearly keels over, falling into one of the chairs. By some miracle she hadn't spilled anything. Guess I'm eating here. She didn't realize just how hungry she was until she was devouring the soup. It wasn't great soup, but it was food.

((Don't wanna just leave him there, so~))

Alia glanced about herself. Seemed the battle was over. But this guy wasn't awake. They could go back now though; there had to be some sort of medical attention. She checked his wrist for his cell number, then grabbed both of them and began to drag him out as carefully as she could, being careful not to bash him about too much. She deposited him on his bed, then sat on the edge of it, panting. About to get up, she paused. The grazes on her knees were going. And his- his legs... Peering over at them, she was surprised to see them slowly healing. Healing magic. She poked him one last time in the hopes of waking him up.

(( oh shoot way behind here))

Lydia felt the ice go away only to be sitting in the sand. Guess the plan worked then. She thinks as the sand then turns into cold stone and the grating sound of the doors returned again. Sighing she got up and clicked to see where the door was and walk in that direction. Remembering that she would lose her powers when entering she put her hand out to touch a wall and walked on losing most of her hearing again. She clicked to see down the hall then walk to the common area. Where people were eatting fro the sound if spoons and bowls clattering. "Where did everyone get their food?" Lydia asks leaning agenst the wall.

As Andromeda collected her own bowl from the hatch Eli gave the bathroom door one last glance and then walked back to his stew. Sitting down he picked up the bowl again and laid it gently on his lap. He managed another two mouthfuls before someone else entered the common room.

"Where did everyone get their food?" ask Lydia.

"There's a hatch on the wall" Eli explained. "Some bowls of stew came out of it."

Edited by Fortune86

Holly instantly ran out of the arena as soon as the battle was over. The place was really freaky. What if the vampire decided that siccing giant monster worms on them wasn't enough and did something else? Her imagination ran wild, replaying tons of horrible last minute death scenarios. She imagined the floor break out from under the group, making them all fall into a bottomless pit. Okay, she had to stop doing that. Brooding on what Zygard could potentially do was not a good way to deal with things at all.

Mid-run, Holly felt rather hungry. She had been using most of her powers throughout all of the battle. While she was no longer sick from exploding, the redhead felt drained. She stopped, looked around, and saw that people were going into another room. Figuring that it couldn't hurt to be with the rest of the group, Holly followed.

"There's a hatch on the wall" Eli explained. "Some bowls of stew came out of it."

Lydia nods at the voice as she pushes herself from the wall and walks along it hopingto find the hatch. As she walked there was a small grating sound in front of her along with the sound of something sliding. Hesitantly she reaches forward slowly and clicks finding a bowl with a spoon and a flask. Lydia quickly grabs the two items and clicks again to find a table to sit. She slowly walks over to a table and sits across from Andromeda and sets her stuff down gently. With proper edicate Lydia grabs the spoon after a quick click and starts eating her soup slowly even though she was very hungery.

Andromeda was so busy eating her meal, she almost missed Lydia as she approached. She blushed as she realized how eagerly she was eating and set down her spoon.

"Look I, um...just wanted to say I'm very sorry for the pain I caused you when we first entered the arena. I had been so worried I wouldn't have been able to use my powers again that I became a little careless. I hope I didn't do any permanent damage, and that there be some way I could make it up to you."

Lydia sets down her spoon quietly and lifts her head up tilting it to the side smiling. " It's ok there wasen't any permanent damage that I know of. Though it was really scary having my last line of sight going away. At least it returned slowly with time and you don't have to make it up to me because you already did with healing my leg." She says grining at Andromeda showing that she holds no anger toward her. " I do suggest though that you give a small warning in the future so that the other girl and myself can cover our ears before hand." Lydia gives Andromeda a small nod before clicking to see where her bowl and spoon were and returned to eating.

Kanya sat for a few minutes longer in the corner when she heard voices. She couldn’t hide here the whole time plus the smell of the soup was starting to make her hungry. Standing up she quickly rinsed her face and the spoon she clutched the whole time before looking in the mirror. There was a long red mark on her forehead. Still embarrassed she stepped out.

Kanya didn’t maker eye contact with the others. She just took her bowl of soup and flask of water and sat in one of the chairs. Slowly she started to eat her food trying to hide the mark with her bangs.

Eli looked up from his half finished bowl of stew when Kanya left the bathroom. He tried to give her an encouraging smile, but she was looking anywhere but at him. It seemed she was trying to avoid eye contact.

Turning back to his stew Eli felt a litle dejected. Had he upset her somehow? He didn't know much about girls, so he could have done something wrong without knowing it. His father had always said he was clueless when it came to the fairer sex, which Eli had always thought to be slightly unfair, as there was only one woman he had ever had much in the way of conversation with and even that happened only rarely.

He finished his supper in silence and drank his water. When he was done Eli stood up and for a lack of any better ideas went back to the hatch. He didn't really know what he was supposed to do with the empty flask and bowl, but he couldn't just leave them lying around.

Eli placed the bowl and flask on the shelf before the hatch and gasped when they were snatched away. It happened so fast they had practically vanished into thin air. Eli leaned over sideways and tried to peer through the hatch, but all he could see was darkness. Maybe that was just as well. It was known that not everything in Zygard's employ was human.

He stepped away from the hatch and looked around at the room of eating people. Everyone looked as tired as he felt, which reminded him he still hadn't checked out his own cell yet. He left the common room and walked down the corridor towards his cell, the door swinging open as he approached it. Eli stepped inside and saw a bed like those he had seen in the other cells.

Wait? Just the one bed? What about those who had to share a cell? The beds weren't really big enough for two people, even two people who got on very well.

Wondering if anyone was going to come in and order him off Eli sat down on the bed and looked at the stones in the walls around him. A few moments later they started to shine, working on healing the few scrapes and scratches he had obtained in the fight against the graboids.

Eli felt the weariness rise and laid down on the bed properly. He had no idea what tomorrow was going to bring, but he sure he wasn't going to like it.

((I'd like to close this day now. Please be wrapping things up and sending characters to cells smile.gif)))

Edited by Fortune86

Kanya sat in silence not wanting to talk. She was afraid someone would ask what happened with her forehead. As she finished up she feel her whole body finally giving in after the days events. She noticed Eli placing his bowl and flask near the hatch again allowing it to disappear into the darkness. She was slightly scared of this thing or actually the thing behind it. Kanya didn’t want to leave the bowl and flash here it wasn’t like her to leave stuff dirty around. Sucking up her courage she stood up and did the same as Eli but stepped back quickly in case it wanted to take her on again.

“I-I’m going to rest a bit. Before the crazy man plans something else.” Kanya spoke leaving the common room. Looking down at her bracelet for her number the girl walked until she reached her cell. The door swung open with a creek sending shivers down her spine. Stepping in the girl went to sit on the bed and before she knew it she was laying down, sleeping.

Alia sighed gently, watching the guy's leg as it healed over. She was feeling muh better herself. Realising he wasn't going to wake up, she gently stood up and off the bed. Giving him one last glance, she turned around and then headed out of he door. She was feeling rather tired, but was hungry too. She headed into the lounge place and received a bowl of stew and a flask of water. She ate and drank eagerly before placing the bowl back and then heading through to her room. Do tired. Flopping back on her bed, she sighed before heading off to sleep.

Jack stopped in the middle of the hallway where the cells were and stretched his body out, his arms raised above his head and his back arched.

"Ugh.. that was tiring.." he muttered nonchalantly. Turning his head from side to side, he looked for the cell with the same number as the one on the bracelet.

Finding it, he headed over to to the doorway and stuck his head in, expecting to see an empty cell.

Seeing the sleeping boy on the floor, he took the opportunity to snag the bed for himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luc had succumbed to slumber, the bowl of stew still in his hands as he rested his back against the wall, his head slumped over.

Siren hadn't said or done anything much since returning from the arena. All the flying had worn her out, so she had silently taken a bowl from the hatch and ate quietly in a corner. She wasn't the only one too tired to talk, as nearly eveyone else seemed to be focuing their energies on the stew.

When she was done Siren placed the bowl by the hatch as a couple of the others had done and made her way to her cell. Stepping instead she looked at the bed before plopping down on to it. At least she didn't have to fight Hector for it now.

Andromeda yawns and stretches as she finishes her meal, instantly regretting it. She ached all over, stretching just put a kink in her shoulder. No matter, just one more thing to add to my list of ailments. I'll probably be dead in the next match anyhow. She wearily lifted her heavy bowl back to the hatch, where it was whisked away quickly. She slowly made her way back to her cell, her bare feet dragging across the cold stone.

She slowly slipped back onto her bed and closed her eyes, fully expecting this to be the last sleep she gets. When she felt this tired, it usually took three nights to get back to full strength, she didn't expect to last another day in the arena. I suppose all I can do is protect as many of them as I can. Good luck to all of you...

Andromeda closed her eyes and tucked her feet up near her, waiting for sleep to carry her to the next day.

Lydia ate quietly hearing the sounds of people leaving around her, even Andromeda left without saying a word. Sighing Lydia finished eating and drank what was in the flask putting it inside the bowl after words. She pushed her chair back and stood up grabbing the bowl and clicking to find the hatch again to give it to what ever was running the hatch.

"Thank you for giving us food and water. I don't know if the others appreciate it but I do." She says to the hatch before turning around and clicking to weave around the chairs and tables. As she arrived at the hallway Lydia realized that she didn't know her cell number or what number the cells were. She remembered something that the guy said earlier, August was his name about their cell numbers being on their bracelet.

She felt along the bracelet on her right wrist until she felt something engraved into it. Is this a two or and eleven? she thinks before clicking feeling that she might as well just walk from door to door. Lydia faced to her left and found the door along the wall and attempted to open it. Grinding her teeth she turned around and went to find the door opposite of this one. Once she found it she heard the click of a lock and it swung open.

Smiling she walks inside and clicks to find the bed and lays down hearing the door close behind her. Finally at ease Lydia stretches out and relaxes enveloping herself with darkness and memories of her adoptive family. "I'll miss you mom. I'll miss you pa. I'm sorry." She whispers tears falling down her face as she finally falls asleep.

(( I wasen't sure if the numbers were roman numerals or not so I just went with a wild guess and that they weren't))

Edited by Shadowwolflegend