Fortune86

CLOSED

Kanya lay still in her bed when a sound startled her. She looked at the door wondering who it was. Slowly she got out of bed, still holding her pillow and walked towards the door.

“Eli?” she whispered after opening it and looked straight at him.

“I did a horrible thing again.” she spoke again but this time looking down at her feet.

When Kanya opened the door she didn't look any less miserable than the last time Eli had seen her. He felt moved to comfort her, even though he didn't really know how, so he reached out for what he hoped was a completely acceptable area of contact and patted her gently on the shoulder.

"You didn't have any choice" he said softly. "You did what you had to do to survive, the same as the others. You shouldn't blame yourself."

He removed his hand as he was starting to feel uncomfortable with the prolonged contact with a girl, but remained standing where he was. Then his brains caught up with his ears.

"What do you mean by 'again'?" he asked softly. "Have you had to do something like this before?"

Edited by Fortune86

Kanya nodded. She wasn’t sure if she should told him but maybe telling someone what happened might make her heart feel lighter. The nuns had always said anyway it was bad to bottle up so much negativity.

“I didn’t mean to.” Kanya spoke looking back up at Eli while a single tear ran down her cheek. “They wanted to stop me from having my powers. They tied me down and stabbed me. I was so afraid that... that flames...”

Kanya stopped for a second remembering black and white flames burning everyone and destroying the monastery. Her fear caused her to loose control and anger caused the fire to burn hotter but she still didn’t mean to do it.

Eli suddenly felt a huge burst of empathy for Kanya. His father had always told him that people would be afraid of him because of his powers, but he had never really thought that other people might be going through the same thing. The people who had tied her down sounded like they feared her magics just as they would fear his. It it also seemed like she too had accidentally killed in self defence.

Eli looked down the corridor towards the common room but decided that for added privacy they shouldn't continue speaking in the corridor. He felt like only Kanya should hear what he had to say.

"Come with me" he said taking her hand and hoping that it wouldn't upset her. He lead her across the corridor to his own cell, opened the door and gestured to her to take a seat on his bed.

((Don't squish his eagle please D:))

Edited by Fortune86

Kanya rubbed her tear away and followed Eli to his cell. He most likely want to say something to her that he didn’t want to say before the others. Stepping in she went to sit on his bed next to the piece of paper. She looked at it curiously but didn’t touch it, it might be something that Eli don’t want someone to touch. After looking at it a few more minutes she wiped another tear away before looking at Eli.

Eli closed the door and then moved further into the cell so that he could stand before Kanya. He didn't look directly at her, but at the paper bird on the bed beside her.

"When I was very young, only about six years old, I did something very bad" he said in a low voice. "I don't really remember what happened, I wasn't old enough to form proper memories, but people worked it out later and told me what they think happened."

He shifted his weight from one leg to the other and then looked at Kanya properly.

"A man broke into our home. We think he was trying to steal something but he got a lost and ended up in my bedroom. I...must have woken up and gotten scared or something, because everyone heard me screaming and came running. My father got there first and found...found the man. Or what was left of him."

Eli looked away again before he continued.

"I was covered in blood so my father took me away to get cleaned up and for the next few days I slept in his room because apparently it took ages to clear the mess in mine. My father said they couldn't shift all the blood so they had to replace nearly all the furniture and things. When I was allowed back in I found a tooth. I don't know why, but I held onto it for a while. I threw it away later when I realised what I had done."

"Anyway, I spoke to my father about it and he said I wasn't to worry. I was young and scared and I couldn't control it and it was in self defence. He said that they must have tried to do something to me because normally I can sleep right through anything. If somebody tries to hurt you then you need to fight back and you shouldn't be ashamed of doing so. You need to take care of yourself, because if you don't you're not the only one who will get hurt. The people who care about you will be hurt too."

Eli reached up and scratched the back of his head.

"I don't know if I'm making any sense here, but what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't feel bad about protecting youself."

((For some reason I see a social link forming Fortune.))

Kanya tried to hide her expression when she heard what had happened to Eli. She was surprise and felt sorry for him at the same time. She was also glad to know that there was someone who was almost in the same situation. Kanya stood up and walked over to Eli giving him a little hug. She knew talking to someone he barely knew about what happened must have been hard, just like it is for her.

“Well all be ok.” She spoke stepping a bit back

((Thou art I... And I am thou

Thou hast established a new bond...

It brings thee closer to the truth...

Thou shalt be blessed when creating Personas of the Death Arcana

*sparkly lights*

You have established the Young Necromancer Social Link of the Death Arcana!

You may earn an EXP bonus when fusing Personas of the Death Arcana!

Social Link Rank: 1

Eli: What the hell just happened? O.o))

Eli froze up a little when Kanya got up and hugged him, but didn't try to push her away. He actually felt rather pleased with himself that he had managed to help Kanya feel better. It didn't stop him from blushing deeply though.

When she stepped back he nodded in agreement.

"You didn't have any breakfast did you?" he asked. "I think it will be time for dinner soon. You should have something to eat. Keep your strength up."

Andromeda sighed, putting her elbow down on the arm of the chair as she laid her face in her hands, shaking her head. She turned to Lydia as she began to cry and put a hand on hers, giving it another gentle squeeze. This time though, she left her hand there, hoping that it would be a comfort for someone else to be there with her.

Cassandra blinked and turned her head slightly as she watched Eli and Kanya leave. She saw Andromeda busy trying to comfort Lydia, seeming as though she was going to be busy for a while. Silently, she slipped from the chair and slowly walked across the room, hoping to be unnoticed as she slipped through the door to the cells. Her curiosity got the better of her as she walked into the long hallway of cells. Only one was closed, one near an end. That must've been where they had gone. She slowly walked down the hallway, knowing she might make a big mistake, but it seemed so strange that they'd leave all on their own. Suddenly, she kicked a rock, and she gasped, putting a hand quickly over her mouth.

Lydia felt Andromeda's hand and reaches out with her other hand placing it on top of Andromeda's. "S-she was so kind. Why is it that the people I care about die around me?" She asks between sobs resting her head on the table.

-------

Samael frowned at Eli then he shrugs not really caring about escape anyways. He turned his attension to the two women trying to console eachother. Placing his head in a hand he gives out a small 'hmph' and stands up looking at them clapping his hands together. "So how about a story I have one in mind that will make everyone not think about this place." He says smiling evily.

(( I'm a bad person and started reading scary stories in the dark again....))

Kanya’s stomach growled loudly when Eli spoke about food. Her face turned bright red causing her to look away.

“That’s embarrassing.” She spoke softly feeling her ears getting hotter and hotter. She was indeed rather hungry but she wasn’t sure if could face the others. She did notice a new figure in the common room but her mind was still a bit in a buzz on what had happened.

The conversation seemed to be continuing normally, and Cassandra breathed a sigh of relief. She'll have to be more careful of rocks from now on. Slowly she slipped to the outside of the cell and slid down the wall next to the door and listened. They were talking about food? Was that all she was going to hear? She suddenly felt bad, but knew she had gotten this far. She held her breath and tried to listen to anything seeming important.

Jack was only half interested in the topic of conversation taking place in the common room. His primary concern now was to get himself cleaned up. Without contributing to the conversation, he strode pass the conversing group and disappeared into the bathroom, where he began to wet his handkerchief, before attempting to rid himself of the dried blood.

Eli gave Kanya a smile, the first proper one he had managed since his arrival in the common room the day before.

"Come on" he said turning towards his cell door. "Let's go back."

He opened and walked through the door but after he turned to make room for Kanya to step through he fell over someone crouched by the wall. He fell down hard on the stone floor and cracked the side of his head. The sound of the crash echoed through the otherwise silent hallway.

Suddenly, without warning, someone came out of nowhere around the corner. Before Cassandra even had time to scream, they were falling onto her, their weight too much to counter, even if she was ready for it. Over they went, falling until she landed flat on her back, gasping for air as the wind was knocked from her lungs. The other wasn't as lucky, as a sickening crunch echoed through the hallway. It barely registered in her own mind however, her eyes wide as her oxygen deprived muscles try in vain to push the boy off, gasping for any air she could not inhale.

The echoing crunch caused Andromeda's head to whip around, confusion turning to fright as she noted Cassandra's unannounced departure. "Cassandra? Cassandra!" What were the chances that the crunch was her? Andromeda suddenly felt frozen in panic, staring wide eyed at the hallway like a frightened deer.

Eli was dimly aware of something pushing at him from underneath so he rolled over until the rest of him hit the cold floor. He was clutching his head in his hands and trying to see past the stars clouding his vision. What had just happened?

His fingers felt sticky and he realised he was bleeding. Not much by the feel of it, he'd probably cut himself on stones somehow, but until his vision cleared he couldn't assess the damage.

"Kanya?" he muttered hazily.

“Eli!” Kanya called out when she saw him fall. Hurried she went to sit next to him taking a look at his head. He was bleeding rather badly, so she pressed with her hand on the wound trying to stop the flow. Looking around at what caused it Kanya noticed a new face. Who’s this she thought to herself before giving the girl a rather stern look.

“Come back in. The stones can heal you.” She spoke trying to drag him while still holding his head.

Eli allowed Kanya to drag him to his feet and followed after her. Once he was back inside his cell he could feel the magic of the stones start to mend his wound. Within seconds it was gone and his eyes slowly started to work properly. He looked around blinking.

"What happened? he asked. "What did I trip over?"

Cassandra's vision blurred as she started to lose consciousness, until the boy finally rolled off. She lay there wheezing and coughing, unable to even see the look she got. Suddenly, she was aware of the disappearance of the two, and she tried to sit upright, only succeeding in coughing more.

Andromeda snapped out of her stupor and rushed into the hallway. There was Cassandra, completely out of breath lying on the floor outside Eli's cell. She rushed over and caught a glimpse of Eli and Kanya inside Eli's cell. He was bleeding. She looked back at Cassandra in terror. "What have you done?" She tried rubbing her back, holding her loosely in an attempt to calm her breathing and bring her back to normal. An explanation was needed badly here.

“Someone was in front of your door. I don’t recognize her.” Kanya spoke relieved that Eli was better. She looked at her one hand which was covered in blood. A cold tingling ran down her spine as she remembered what happened earlier today.

“If your better need to wash it a bit off.” Kanya spoke still looking at her hand completely ignoring the two outside the room. She was referring to the blood covering Eli’s head rather than that on her hand but she could not help thinking about those words in stories, something about their blood is on their hands. Only this time it wasn’t a story, blood was on her hands and that scared her.

"Huh? Someone's outside?"

Eli turned and made to walk out again, nearly tripping over both Cassandra and Cassandra. Andromeda was sitting on the ground coughing badly and Eli wondered if he had crushed her when he fell.

"I'm so sorry" he apologised feeling wretched. "I didn't see you down there."

He hesitated and then spoke again.

"What were you doing down there?"

Edited by Fortune86

((Cassandra was outside, not Andromeda wink.gif ))

Andromeda looked up at Eli in wonder. Wasn't he bleeding a minute ago? She looked down at Cassandra, in the last stages of catching her breath.

Cassandra's voice rasped and sounded far away as she spoke. "You two left so suddenly...I was concerned it couldn't be good, ESPECIALLY when one of the people had just finished killing others." Her eyes displayed innocence stained with terror. "I...wanted to be sure that I didn't miss anything, that I would be able to survive. I still don't know what's happening!" Tears began to fall as her fear got the better of her.

((One of them o3o))

"That's unfair" said Eli gently. "Kanya didn't have any choice in the matter. You can't blame or fear her for things out of her control. And we didn't leave suddenly. I went to go and check in on Kanya because I was worried about her. That's all."

"I didn't know! I'm completely lost as to how this all works, and I'm scared out of my mind. I haven't been through this, I don't even know if I'm next!" She was beginning to talk at a million words a minute, beginning to hyperventilate all over again. She was beginning to panic, she didn't know if you were allowed to kill outside the arena either and was looking at Eli fearfully. Edited by Rarek

Eli took a step back. Cassandra was reacting far worse then he had anticipated. He looked to Andromeda and Kanya for help. He felt that if he said anything further he'd just make matters worse.