Fortune86

CLOSED

((I’m really sorry about not posting. Things have been really hectic for me in RL, so I haven’t been able to get on very much, although a long absence hopefully won't happen again, since I can normally get on in the morning/early-to-mid afternoon now.))

Isamu had retreated to the second cell soon after leaving the arena, only considering going down to the common room for a few seconds. It was easier to ignore how something seemed wrong with the world when he was alone, although everything still seemed almost. . . shimmery. Like it was actually a reflection on water rather than being real.

Am I dreaming? Isamu suddenly thought. He guessed it was possible that when he’d entered the cell earlier that he’d managed to fall asleep, despite the worry that’d been eating at him. It’d most certainly explain the way everything looked. As well as why it seemed that everyone who spoke had been almost garbled, even though Isamu had managed to figure out what they said after thinking a little.

He laid down in the bed, and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes, not sure of what to think. Was he dreaming right now? If he was, how much time had passed since he’d fallen asleep?

As the second thought crossed his mind, Isamu suddenly bit down on his tongue, feeling a slight pain for a few seconds. However, it quickly passed, making him worry about whether or not he’d imagined it.

He wasn’t sure how long he continued to stare at the ceiling, not sure of what he should do. If he was dreaming, he had no clue how to wake himself up. If he wasn’t dreaming, then why was everything shimmery?

((It's really difficult to describe derealization. . . And I was hoping this would be longer, but I ended up having to rewrite it.))

Edited by sapfirewolf

Vex was glad when Eli and Kanya safely and successfully brought him back to 'his' room. Well, it was more like a cell, and it was extremely possible someone else had already lived there... but it was still his own room and he didn't have to share - not even one bit. He was able to see from where he was, that the others ate food. censorkip.gif... I'm hungry, but I'm very tired... He sighed as he waited for a few minutes, the healing magic finally granting him enough energy to rise from his bed. Taking the food, Vex ate quickly and then returned the plate along with the spoon. He barely looked at the food - it looked very much like a failed attempt of stew, yet it was good enough in taste. Walking back inside and shutting the cell door behind him, Vex stumbled to the bed and lied down on it.

((Okay, I am closing the first day now. Anyone who has not posted within the last two weeks of this post will be shoved into a Death Match the next day. I'm just going to go check who that might be.

Edit: DragonlordJT has not posted since April 9, so both Summanus & Lance will be placed in the Death Match.

Will post proper post soon.))

It was Siren who woke up first. The bed wasn't the most comfortable she had ever slept in and her apprehension over the situation she was in kept her from sleeping. She had tried to leave her cell a couple of times, but the door was locked. Maybe Zygard didn't want them wandering around on a night, but apart from the commom room and the other cells where could they go?

Eventually she heard the door click open and Siren quickly left the small cell for a chance to stretch her legs. After spending several minutes in the bathroom freshening herself up Siren walked over to the hatch and was only mildly suprised when a bowl of porridge was shoved through. She took it and retreated back to one of the chairs to wait for the others while she ate.

Edited by Fortune86

Kanya rolled around in bed most of the night. She had dreams about the ugly worms that kept attacking her. Being woken up by another dream she decided to sit in her bed and wait. She didn’t know what might happen today but staying awake now is a lot better than facing her dreams. It wasn’t long when she heard one of the doors opening, with the silence it echoed rather loudly.

Curious Kanya crawled on the floor like a child to the door. She pulled it open a little bit and peered out to see who it was.She didn’t notice who it was at the moment seeing that she could only remember a few faces, but it seemed like one older captives.

As Andromeda stirred from sleep, she knew something wasn't right. She sat up straight and gave a testing stretch, feeling none of the aches she expected. When she opened her eyes, she cringed in anticipation of the searing pain that came with the abuse she gave them the day before. But none came. She was well rested and as strong as ever. Grinning, Andromeda leaped to the floor and made her way into the hall. This is incredible! I shouldn't be feeling this good!

Her grin vanished as she entered the common room however, remembering the situation they were in. She sighed and retrieved her bowl, and cautiously sat next to Siren. After a moment of silence, she whispered, "As much as I dislike Luc, and probably would've laughed had we been out of danger, it wasn't exactly a good thing to shove him off, leaving his rescue to someone as tired as I was. We could've both been killed."

Luc stood over the bed, his gaze focused on the scarecrow that currently occupied the bed. The bowl containing the stew from the previous day was placed against the wall of the cell adjacent to where he had slept that night.

"Oi.." he spoke forcefully, "Oi.. wake up.." his foot was raised, "Dam it wake up!" he shouted now, his foot stamping the side of Jack's body and leaving a temporary imprint of a shoe on the side of his straw abdomen.

Jack stirred, moving his head to one side, however his eyes remained closed. He had barely felt the impact.

Frustrated, Luc pulled against his leg, forcing jack of the bed as he began to drag his body out of the cell.

Kanya was still sitting on the floor behind her door. She wasn’t sure if she should get up and see what was happening in the common room. Hearing another door open Kanya peered out once again from behind her door. She was quite surprised to see Luc up this early but what surprised her more was the fact that he was dragging Jack out.

“They must be sharing a room.” she spoke to herself softly. She gave a little giggling thinking that it was rather funny seeing them paired up in one room. She also wondered if they survived each other seeing that they were so different from each other.

"If I hadn't done something, we would all have been killed" pointed out Siren. "That boy was taking to long to shift his rear into gear."

She gave a little shrug and continued to eat her breakfast.

~~

Eli had also been awake for a while, but he could not bring himself to rise. Instead he had lain staring at the wall for the last hour or so and it wasn't until he heard the distant noises of the others getting up that he felt like he should too. He didn't want to be trapped on the wrong side of the arena doors after all.

He rolled over and swung his legs off the bed. Rubbing some life into the arm he had rested on Eli got to his feet and left his cell. He could smell porridge wafting up from the common room.

Eli walked down the corridor to join the others and started to move towards the hatch for his own bowl when the door next to the bathroom opened. August stepped through and looked around at those gathered as the door locked again behind him.

"Where are the others?"

Alia, meanwhile, was still in her bed. Sleeping. It had been a rather testing day the day before. She was a teenager as well; of course she would sleep in. Rolling over, she snuffled into her pillow, still having a nice leisurely rest.

With Jack out the Cell, Luc dropped the leg he was pulling leaving Jack's body spread out across the hall way floor. He was just about to go back into the cell when he heard the door open and close. August had entered.

Making eye contact with the bald man, Luc raised his hand and gave him the finger. Before returning back into his cell, closing the door and laying down on the bed.

It wasn’t long when Kanya heard a voice asking about the others. She recognized it as the bald man’s voice. Quickly she got to her feet and dusted herself off. She kind of put one in one together that he will be giving them information on what was going to happen next. She didn’t want to feel left out and ask what was going to happen so she decided to hear for herself.

Walking down the corridor she saw Luc going back into the cell while Jack remained on the floor. Kanya wasn’t sure what to do with him there but decided not to bother him and just head to the common room.

Andromeda sighed and tilted her head in acknowledgement before returning to her food. Luc really was quite stubborn.

She smiled at Eli as he entered the room, but her smile faded again as August made his entrance. She happened to catch Luc make a rude gesture at him from just outside the room and return to his cell. She scowled. Stubborn and egotistical more like. He's gonna get us all killed. Nonetheless, Andromeda's expression was more of an aggressive neutral as she stood up to face him. "My guess is they'd still be sleeping in their cells, sir," she said in a mock politeness.

Lydia kept tossing and turning through the night being haunted by her memories. Eventually she woke up with a start breathing heavily. It took her awhile to remember where she was and how she got there. Once she remembered though Lydia just sighed, rising from the bed and walking around the cell memerizing the interior. She could hear voices outside the cell but she wasn't in the mood to deal with the others just yet.

August shrugged. He wasn't wearing a bracelet, if these people didn't value their lives that was up to them. He only cared about doing his own job.

The large man strode across the room towards the hatch that served the food. Eli stepped out of his way as he approached and tried not to look at him. August ignored him as he had done Luc earlier. As August approached the hatch a slip of paper appeared on the shelf, put there by the mysterious figure that lurked behind.

August picked it up and held it up to those in the common room. It was a list of names in red ink.

"Each morning you will receive a list of names of those who are to fight in the arena that day. If your name is on the list you are to walk through the arena doors when they open and prepare for combat. If your name is not on the list you are to remain here.

"Green ink indicates you will face a challenge of some sorts, such as the Graboids you faced yesterday. Black ink indicates you will face one another in combat."

"And what does red ink mean?" asked Siren, eyeing the list carefully.

"Almost the same as the black" said August. "The one difference being that only half of those who enter may leave the arena. The others must be killed."

Eli gasped with horror. A death match?

August turned and pushed the list into Eli's hands. He quickly looked down at it and his heart sank as he read six names. Three people would have to die.

"What does it say?" asked Siren urgently.

Eli remained silent for a moment. He didn't want to have to read out the list, but people needed to know. Eventually he began to speak, his voice cracking.

"Luc Fernandes, Holly Campbell, Summanus, Lance Winter, Jack Hawkins, Kanya."

With the names read out Eli stepped back and away from the others. He felt terrible and as if he might be sick.

Luc could barely hear the conversation taking place in the common room, one of his ears buried into the pillow as he laid sideways preventing him from hearing well. He vaguely heard his name being spoken, however he couldn't tell what the topic of conversation was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's finger twitched, he had been awake for most of the time. Not 'waking up' and allowing himself to be dragged while he was 'unconscious' was all an act. His body did not function the same way as a regular persons. He didn't need the sleep, however pretending to be asleep and getting under the skin of others was just another way for him to pass the time.

"A death match eh.." he said softly, as he continued to lie there with his eyes closed. "This could be interesting..."

Reaching with his right hand, he yanked a strand of straw from his head and placed one edge in his mouth and began to chew on it, as he began to go through yesterday's events and recall what powers the other 'chosen' had used. Kanya would be his biggest concern.

Kanya was close enough to hear what the bald man had to say. It was at that moment she wished she didn’t heard what he said. Death matches… Red… She thought to herself slightly shaking with fear.

When August stuffed the paper in Eli’s hand and read out the names that were in red, Kanya fell to her knees. She was feeling light headed and scared, shaking all over. She had to kill to survive or be killed. She can barely live with the fact that she killed everyone at the monastery.

Siren gave a little sigh of relief when her name was not read out, but she turned to look at the entries nearby. Kanya has sunk down to her knees, but Jack was looking thoughtful. She wondered if either of them where going to be walking away alive.

"One other thing" said August striding back towards the door. "New people will arrive every now and again, to replace those that fall. We plan on prolonging this experiment for a while."

He reached the door and stepped through it when it opened. It closed again behind him, but Eli continued to stare after him. The young boy suddenly didn't feel very hungry any more.

Andromeda's stomach twisted in rage as she heard that the very first match was to the death. She wanted to strangle August where he stood. She wasn't sure what she'd do if her name was on that list.

But as she stood there, her eyebrows raised in surprise. Despite the show she put on yesterday, neither she nor Vex, the only other who showed off their power shamelessly, were to be in this match. Was it a random selection? Did they just get unlucky? She wasn't surprised though when Jack was called, he seemed to be completely useless.

"So what about the rest of us then? We just sit here worrying and wondering what is going on?" She suddenly felt compelled to do something, flying into a fit of pure anger. Her eyes flared white hot as she began to storm over to the door August left through, clearly having no regard for her own safety as she appeared to wish to break down the door and give August a rather large piece of her mind, her eyes flaring up and fading as the bracelet holds back any useful bit of her power. Andromeda was half way to the door as she spoke behind grinding teeth. "I'm gonna tear them both to shreds."

"Wait!"

Realising that Andromeda was intending to go after August spurred Eli into motion. He quickly leapt in front of her and barred her path.

"Don't try to force your way out" he said putting his hands up in front of him in a conciliatory gesture. "They'll just activate your bracelet."

Andromeda looked down at the thin piece of metal encircling her wrist. "What, this flimsy thing? It looks like I could breathe on it and it would fall off. I'm sure I can smack it against a wall and it'll come right off." The problem with Andromeda was her stubbornness, and irrational thinking when she's angry. She looked down at Eli with determination, convinced she could take on the warlords.

"Size doesn't give a true indication of power" said Eli. "These bracelets were forged by the Sorceress. I would treat them very carefully."

Which brought up a horrible thought. What would happen if the bracelets were damaged in battle? Would they think the wearer had tried to prise them off and activate?

Feeling ill again Eli shook his head and tried to focus on Andromeda. The important thing right now was to prevent her from doing anything rash.

She knew he was right, and gave a frustrated growl, clenching her fists. "Alright. August better watch his back when he decides to show his face here again though." She'd probably come to her senses in the interim, but for now she sat down in the closest chair, shivering slightly with her arms wrapped around her. She wasn't used to sitting in one place, she didn't usually need heavier clothing. She half wished she had made some now.

With Andromeda's desire for revenge cooled for now Eli went and sat down in one of the other chairs. He stared down at the floor, not really wanting to look at those who had been picked for the up coming death match. He felt bad enough, but he couldn't imagine how they felt. If they wanted to survive the day, they would have to kill at least three of the others. He wondered how long it would be until the doors to the arena opened.

(( this is the third time that I wrote this post my phone kept deleting it hopfully it works this time))

Lydia decided to leave the cell hearing the voices escalate wanting to know what happened. She opened the door and clicked turning to her left, Lydia walked into the common room and sat in a chair. She flet the tension in the air becoming more intencse by the second. Sighing she tilted her head and asked. "What happened in here? Did I miss something important?"

----------------

The door August left opened revealing a man clad in a red leather coat, a normalish shirt, and brown pants with a eleaborate metal belt and shoulder pauldron. The most destinguishing features thought where the bright red eyes and red horns. As the man walked out the door slamed shut behind him causing him to turn his head to the door. Shrugging he turnes his head back forward and crosses his arms over his chest looking around the room. "I was expecting a dungon and blood along with screaming...... Pity." He goes to a chair and spins it around sitting on it so that the back of the chair was in front of him, crossing his arms along the top and resting his chin on them.

Kanya trembled in the spot. She wasn’t sure what to do or what to say. Slowly the girl stood up and went back to her cell passing Jack without a glance. Her mind was spinning on what to do. Not only was she one of the inexperienced she was also the youngest in this battle. Kanya sat on her bed, swaying back and forth to calm herself but sadly this was rather useless.