Fortune86

CLOSED

This dude was looking paler and paler by the second. If she didn't manage to pull him out soon, he might faint, which would probably result in him being dragged underground. Deciding she might have better anchorage if on the ground, she made sure to land very lightly. This was sort of for nothing,as she dug her heels into the ground. The motion had caused one to be attracted toward her, she could hear it tunnelling. "Come on, come on," she muttered, giving him an almighty yank of one arm, then the other. Perspiration formed on her brow as she continued this pattern, hoping to wriggle him out somehow.

"Thank's for the lift" spoke Luc, as Siren dropped him onto the icy pillar, the cold air already beginning to cool his body down. Most of the other captives were already up here, as he had suspected. He glanced down at Lydia's leg but immediately turned away. He could handle the blood in video games etc, but the real thing was different.

A cry from somewhere beneath caught hold of his attention. Rushing over to the side, he could see the girl, whom had earlier had blood gushing out her hears struggling to rescue the man garbed in slightly 'unique' clothing. Had he had the energy to do so, he would have tried to draw any remaining graboids to the other side of the arena through his sonic scream and buy them some time, but even that looked to be out of his reach this moment. His energy reserves were reaching their limits and any long range type attack would be rendered weak and practically ineffective, however he had to do something. He had only seen about three of the others capabale of sustained flight through different means. Two of them were preoccupied on ground level, while the third looked to be at her limit, he needed another plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack stared in fascination as Lydia's would was healed, he had known that Andromeda has some form of healing ability, based on how she had earlier aided Alia, however seeing it up close only confirmed it.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((As I have already pointed out, the Sorceress controls the landscape in the arena. She filled it full of sandy earth to allow the graboids easier passage, which is why I said that it contained no rocks. If you jumped into it from a height all you are going to do is bury yourself up to your ankles in it. The looseness of the ground is how the graboids where able to churn in up so quickly and easily.))

Eli watched as some of those capable of flight tried to help those still trapped on the ground. Two of the men were sinking into the swirling mass the graboids had created. Alia went to help one while Siren headed towards the other. Eli hoped they would be able to free them soon, he didn't want to carry out his plan with people stuck in the way.

Siren flew up to Lance and grabbed at his arms. For a moment she wondered if she was going to have another tug of war on her hands, but after just a few seconds of pulling Lance began to move slowly upwards. The graboid that had seized him must be one of the injured ones.

Eventually she managed to haul him clear and began to carry him back towards the ice. Exhausted she landed on the ice beside him and sat down.

"I'm sorry" she apologised. "I can't do any more."

((If Alia can rescue Summanus and Holly Isamu, we can start to wrap this fight up and start getting ready for the more personal fights o3o))

Holly floated around, looking for another person that was still stranded. Someone had already been trying to help other figures in reach of the graboids. She started to go towards them, but then noticed another person who had miraculously not been snagged by the hungry worms. It looked male. She knew what she had to do. Holly flew towards the man, going as fast as she could. While Isamu had managed to hold his own without prior intervention from others, the ice platform was heck of a lot safer than this sand. "You're going to get eaten here, so it's best to let me carry you." Since he had groundbound for most of the ordeal, she assumed that he did not have flight powers.

She wrapped her arms around him, holding on tight as she slowly made her way over to the iceberg. Hopefully the weird black-out incident wouldn't happen again.

(( Wow how did I get so far behind this?!?! oh wel going to be a little lazy though))

Lydia felt herself be freed from the Graboid and lifted to somewhere that was cold very cold. She sighed happy now that she was out of that situation though she grunted as she felt a pain in her leg. Being almost eaten alive is not an experiance that she wants to repeat again in the near future but the pain was starting to become too hard to bare.

When Jack kneeled beside her, she could only nod in answer too tired to speak yet. She smiled though at his concern and only nods at Andromeda in thanks for healing her legs sighing as she sits up noticing her hearing is returning slightly.

((DLTJ, Fortune wanted me to finish this up, so slight powerplay. Sorry. I'll try to keep it as bland as I can. smile.gif))

With one final, determined, yank, the electricity man was pulled out of the ground. It only took the second he was off the floor for her to be electrocuted, a shudder passing through her body and a short yell. But she knew what she had to do, and pulled his arm over her shoulder. She didn't know whether he was conscious or not as she dragged him away, supporting his weight which was almost certainly more than her own. "I... Can't... Get up!" she yelled up at the column, knees trembling. She was about to fall over from pure exhaustion. Loud pants escaped her mouth frame by thin lips, black slightly curly hair all of a tangle down her straight back.

Andromeda heard a yell and peered over the side of the spire. There was no way that Alia was going to have the energy to get up on her own. She was still panting, but she had determination.

Do I have enough energy? Can I do this? She decided the sooner she was off the ground the better, and she was already powering up. Curse her wish to help everybody, it would be the death of her yet.

Turned out, it wasn't far from the truth. Andromeda unleashed a torrent of power which formed a thin but simple platform of energy under Alia and Summanus. Then she began to draw them upwards. The platform moved the pair upwards from the ground, slowly but surely up the column of ice.

Just as they were near the top, something was wrong. A trickle of blood began to flow from the corners of her solid white eyes. She was beginning to fail, unable to keep her powers active for much longer. With one more push, and a scream of effort, Alia and Summanus were launched the rest of the way. For a few precious moments, Andromeda could rest before she reactivated her powers again and cushioned their fall upon the ice spire, with a "soft" bed of energy. Then she let it go, letting them gently down onto the top of the pillar. She collapsed, her chest heaving more and her breath rasped as she wiped the blood from her face.

Alia and Summanus were the only two left and Eli watched their efforts with concern. Alia finally managed to free Summanus from the attacking graboid, but she lacked the strength to fly the two of them to safety. Eli was just wondering what he could do to help them when Andromeda stepped forward.

A platform of light appeared under Alia and Summanus and began to push them upwards to safety. The strain of doing so obviously had an effect on Andromeda, who began to bleed from the eyes. When she managed to get them to safety Andromea let the energy constructs fade and fell down, her chest heaving.

Eli knealt down beside her, wondering if she had caused herself serious harm.

"Are you okay?" he ased, searching her features for any sigh of discomfort.

It had been the sheer amount of time that it took to save some people from the pit of hell that the worms inhabited. That was what allowed Vex to catch his breath, regain his powers - if only for a second - and focus once again to start his passive energy regeration - in battle or when somewhere he can't focus, it was slow, but othwersie if combined with a nap it could give him a boost like caffeine that would let him use powers for a long time before his body finally found that it was lied and he would be crushed by his exhaustion. "So... Eli, we got them all, got any plan?" Vex said, slightly rising to his feet. He had a huge headache going on, his throat felt hoars and yet he had strength.

Edited by SkullKrusher

Alia wasn't quite too sure what was happening, but she knew they were being brought up. When they were finally deposited on the ice, she slipped his arm off from around her slim shoulders, and brought him to the ground with a bit of a bump as she collapsed next to him. She closed her eyes, tilting her head back slightly with the same erratic panting. After a couple of moments, she turned her head toward him. He had nice, strong, features - slightly reminiscent of a knight from a fairytale. She poked his cheek. "You awake...?" Her green eyes travelled to his leg, and they widened. She poked his cheek frantically a couple times more, sitting up. That was a lot of blood, and needed attention. Uh, pressure and stuff, right? Hopefully the others knew more than she did.

((The poking of his cheek amused me. xd.png And his picture made me think of a knight...))

Edited by Chicogal

Andromeda was still heaving with the immense effort it took, but she opened her eyes and looked up at Eli. Her eyes didn't seem to show any signs that she had just gone through such a huge ordeal, other than those lines of now drying blood. She gave a weak smile up at him and nods.

"I'm okay. My energy reserves only go so far, and they were already low when I started. But I knew I could do it. They're safely up here now, and that's what matters." As if to reassure Eli that she was alright, she even made the effort to sit up. "Let us know what you have in mind Eli, I'm willing to do anything if it means we can survive this longer."

Once Andromeda has assured him that he was okay Eli stood up and looked around at the arena. The graboids were still churning the ground up, not realising that their prey was currently out of reach. The tactic of mushing the soft earth into a quicksand like state meant that prey was dragged underground, so that when the graboids allowed the earth to settle they could hone in on the vibrations of those struggling to reach the surface. Eli wasn;t sure how long it had been since they started this, but they would be stopping any minute now. Once the ground had settled and the graboids realised their plan had failed, it wouldn't take long for them to start using their powerful beaks to smash through the icy support of the pillar.

"Okay" he said mostly to himself as he finished forming a plan in his mind. They would only have one shot at this. People were getting tired and graboids were fast learners. They wouldn't fall for the same trick twice, and right now Eli only had the one trick.

"Okay" he said again, louder so that the others would hear him. "We can't keep trying to pick the graboids off one by one. It'll take to long and they'll change tactics again. We need to take them all out at once."

He looked at Luc and Andromeda.

"Andromeda, I'm sorry to ask this of you, but I need you to take Luc out on one of your...birds...over there."

As he spoke he pointed to a large patch of the arena some distance away.

"The graboids will probably stop churning everything up soon, so when they do I need ,you, Luc to use...whatever it is you have... to attract their attention to that spot. You should be safe with Andromeda as long as you both stay clear of the surface by seven or eight metres. The graboids should all rush towards your location, thinking someone is caught."

He turned around and looked at Vex.

"Once the graboids are using their tongues to explore the surface under Luc I need you to use your ice to try and bind them together. That should keep them trapped in place and close to the surface. When all of the tongues are stuck together by the ice..."

Again Eli turned and looked around until he spotted Kanya.

"...That fire you used before. Can you use it to burn the graboids once they are in place?"

Edited by Fortune86

Andromeda's smile faded slightly at the mention of Luc. He wasn't exactly her favourite person. She sighed and nods in agreement. It didn't matter who she worked with, so long as she and he cooperated.

"I'll do my best to do my part. Hopefully it will work the way you want it to."

Edited by Rarek

Holly finally made it to the ice pillar without any superpowers being unleashed on her or dropping Isamu. What was strange was that Isamu had not reacted one bit. If she had been randomly picked up by some flying person, she would have definitely had something to say. Odd.she thought was she lightly dropped the man on the ice pillar. She also landed, eyeing the moving ground warily. Flight was draining if used for too long, and slipping off the ice pillar was not something she wanted to do. Plus, she could still feel the migraine.

The ginger scanned the pillar, looking for Lydia. Thank heavens she was okay! Holly couldn't help beaming. Lydia's leg had been healed, which must have been the work of one of the other people because Holly knew for a fact that those graboids had teeth on their tongues. She missed part of what Eli had been saying, but Holly guessed that the boy was thinking up a plan to kill the worms.

The plan only addressed a few people from what she could tell. What would the rest of them do? Stay on the ice pillar?

"Should keep them trapped?... and if they don't? " replied Luc, "It's all good having a plan.. but what about a backup?", Andormeda's sigh caught Luc's attention, "Hey, your not exactly my cup of tea either" he spoke in response to her reaction.

Kanya stood up drawing her attention to the others. She wanted to help but what can she do now, what can she to bring them to safety. As she looked around it all seemed that everyone got the help they need and landed on the ice pillar safely but they couldn’t stay there forever.

When Eli revealed his plan Kanya was quite surprise that she was included. She didn’t know what exactly to say but just nodded reassuring him that she could do it again, even from this distance. When Luc spoke she wondered herself if it all would go soothingly.

“Well… the fire will cause the sand to melt which will make it hard for them to move.” she spoke not sure if it would help.

Eli shrugged under Luc's questioning.

"There is no guarantee that any plan will work, but right now I think this is our best shot. If the graboids can only sense one source of movement, or vibrations, then they will all converge upon it. I saw before that they have trouble breaking free from ice, so I'm hoping that Vex can produce enough to trap them all in place while Kanya strikes."

Kanya spoke up and said her fire would most likely melt the sand around the graboids, but if that stopped them from moving at all then to Eli it was still a good plan. If they could stop the graboids from causing any further harm, then the battle would be over, wouldn't it?

Eli turned to look at the box outside of the arena. Zygard had settled down back in his chair, but was staring right at him. He wondered if they could hear his plan from there. It didn't really matter if they could, it would either work or it wouldn't.

"Look!" said Siren pointing downwards. "The ground is starting to slow down. I think they are stopping."

Eli walked over to the edge of the ice pillar and followed Siren's finger. She was right. The graboids were letting the sandy earth settle down again. They didn't have much time.

"Okay" he said turning back to the others. "If we are going to do this, we need to start doing it now."

"This coming from someone who hasn't shown any ability and will be staying up here where it's safe..."Luc paused and clenched his fist "...but I guess for you it wouldn't really matter if the plan failed, as you wouldn't be the one surrounded by man eating worms.."

Luc's hand was visibly shaking now, he wanted nothing more then to punch this boy. The mere idea of acting as bait for such carnivorous creatures in his present condition was not one he liked, nor did he like the idea that some runt who has done nothing to help their current predicament is giving out the orders whilst staying safe up on a pillar of ice.

Edited by TotallyDrow

"If the plan fails we could all die" pointed out Eli to Luc. "If the graboids don't sense any movement through the ground they'll start picking up our vibrations through the ice. If the pillar falls apart we'll all be right back where we started, only we'll be more easy to hunt down due to everyone being so tired."

He looked back down at the ground. It wouldn't be long now before it had calmed down enough for the graboids to start searching for them again.

Luc raised his arm and grabbed Eli by the neck, pulling the boy closer. "That attitude of yours is really starting to get on my nerves". With his left hand around the boy's neck he gripped tighter, his right was soon raised to head level, his fist clenched and ready to strike. "You have no idea how much I want to punch you right now..". After a couple seconds, he lowered his right hand and released his grip, not before pushing against Eli's neck with his left hand.

He walked over towards Andromeda and stared at her, "Can you do it?" he asked sternly. "Before i agree to do anything he says and risk my life on a half-baked plan I want to hear it from you" if possible, he was looking at her with even more focus now. " Do you have enough energy to carry me out over there, long enough to attract those things out of hiding? he did not once take his gaze of her as he waited for a response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack tilted his head down low whilst at the same time he lowered his hat to hide his face in shadow. A grin he could no longer contain was present on his face as he relished in all the excitement that was now taking place right before him. Jack could understand Luc's concerns... after all, he was just told to act as bait for some nasty creatures... who wouldn't object to such a thing?. With Jack's ability he could easily cause a large enough vibration away from the pillar and solve the problem, but that was never going to happen.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Eli wasn't looking at Luc when the other boy grabbed hold of him and pulled him closer. Eli didn't understand what he meant by his attitude, it wasn't as though he was being rude or shouting at him, but he understood Luc was afraid. Who wouldn't be? Unfortunately, as far as Eli knew, Luc was the best person for the job. Anyone else who tried to attract the graboid's attention would have to make contact with the ground and therefore had a much higher chance of being caught. As least Luc would be safe with Andromeda, if she could hold the construct for long enough.

It seemed Luc was thinking along the same lines. He pushed Eli away, causing him to stumble and fall over backwards, and went to talk with Andromeda.

Eli stayed sitting where he was, looking down at his knees. He didn't want to ask Luc to do such a dangerous thing, but he couldn't see any other options. Not without putting someone in harm's way.

Kanya gave a step back when she saw Luc grabbing hold of Eli. This scared her due to it brought back a bad memory when the monks took her that day. Slightly trembling she watched as the boy fell backwards while Luc went to talk to Andromeda. So… so rude she thought to herself while she walked over to Eli. Kneeling down, still slightly trembling, she looked at Eli asking him with her worried eyes if he was ok. She was too scared to talk due she was afraid that Luc might say something mean to her.

Eli looked up when a shadow fell across him and he ended up staring into Kanya's worried face. He smiled weakly and tried not to blush at the closessness between the two of them.

"I'm okay" he said softly. "I just really hope this works."

And that we can get it done in time he thought to himself. If we waste any more time the graboids will start attacking the ice.

Edited by Fortune86

Andromeda's face twisted with fury as Luc grabbed hold of Eli. Her eyes lit up, her hands poised if he did anything stupid. She flinched as he shoved Eli backward. That ungrateful hateful person.

Then he had the gall to come and challenge her. Her eyes burned brighter, as though in response to his question. "I may be tired, but I have more than enough to get you over there and back and still kick your rear into next week if I have to." Despite her earlier state, she was serious, and was certain she would even at the detriment of herself. Luc had made a powerful enemy today, Eli deserved more respect than that.

Edited by Rarek

"Oh.. is that so? I'd like to see you try.. given the fact that you've already been flat on your back couple times now and rendered unconscious at one point.. you think because you can manipulate energy that your someone to be feared?... Give me a break... your overconfident in your ability... a fact well proven by how you so graciously decided to call out that bird for no apparent reason.. only to cause pain for others who had done nothing to deserve it..." Luc paused and readjusted his headphones.

"Go on... that look in your eyes tells me that you would like nothing more then to hit me.. so do it.. you didn't have a problem when you caused her ears to gush blood..." he was pointing towards Alia. "...so why should you hesitate now?" he finished.

Luc's heartbeat was gradually getting faster as adrenaline coursed through his veins. Any more and his passive ability would begin again.

"What are you waiting for..."