Fortune86

CLOSED

Jack opened one eye and turned his head slightly as he heard a new voice. A man with reddish horns had entered right after August had left, a new face. Had Jack looked like a normal person he would have questioned the red horns, however in his current condition, he had no right to judge how someone else looked.

"Seems like he could put up a fight.." he thought to himself. "If he looks like that... his powers may stem around fire..." he continued to ponder, his assumption based on the stereotype of devils and demons.

His thoughts were interrupted as Kanya strolled passed him, his attention shifting towards his biggest threat in today's events. He sighed, deciding to worry about person with confirmed abilities over fire, then suspecting the new comer. He sighed once again, before getting onto his feet.

He stood at the doorway to Kanya's cell, his shoulder rested against the cell door frame. "Worried?" he asked, glaring down at her. The darkness of the corridor and overcast of his hat shrouded most of his face in shadow. Only his mouth was visible.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Eli looked up when the door opened again, but it wasn't August who entered. It was a horned man in a red coat who looked around at the room as if disappointed.

"I was expecting a dungon and blood along with screaming...... Pity."

Eli watched as the man took a chair and spun it around so he could sit with his arms resting on the back. This was probably one of the newcomers August had mentioned. He didn't particulary feel like talking to him at the moment, so Eli let his gaze drop back to the floor. Moments later his attention was caught again by a familar sound. The arena doors were opening.

“Very.” Kanya spoke not looking at Jack. She didn’t know how long he was standing there but it didn’t matter. Soon one of them might die or one of them might kill each other. She didn’t want to she didn’t want to kill again but she didn’t want to die. It was all continues struggle with in her own mind.

Suddenly she heard the doors and Kanya shot up from her bed, legs trembling. The sound of the doors had opened which meant they had to go fight. She looked at Jack who seemed to not have a worry what so ever.

“They want it to happen now?” she asked with a tremble in her voice.

Jack ignored her last comment and began to walk into the cell. As he approached her, he kneeled down until he was face level with her and held out his hand.

"Wanna team up..?" he asked bluntly, putting on a fake smile. "That bald man said only half of us will return... so why not make those three people, people we can get along with..." he paused. "...unless you want someone like Luc hanging around here much longer... remember how he treated that boy yesterday?"

Jack had yet to even look at the open arena yet, as he waited for Kanya's reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luc sat up as he heard the familiar sound of the arena door opening. Stepping out, he turned his head towards the arena, then back towards the common room.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Luc."

Eli stood up, realising that the other boy had completely missed everything that had been revealed that morning.

"August came. He...explained some further things. There's another match this morning..."

"And you're in it kiddo" cut in Siren. "You and five of the others. Sucks to be you."

"Sucks to be the other five.." he replied in response to Siren. He looked down at Eli, before turning around and heading towards the Arena. Something had broken inside of Luc, he had resolved to accept anything that happened here... his goal to survive and only to survive.

"Wait..." tried Eli, but Luc had already walked away. Dejected he sank back down onto his chair. He didn't get the chance to tell Luc it was a death match, and that he would be forced to kill or be killed.

Siren watched him and sighed.

"He'll figure it out soon enough, so don't worry. Personally I wouldn't miss the little twerp."

"How can you be so calm?" asked Eli. "Three people are going to die."

Siren gave a little shrug before twisting in her seat to place her empty porridge bowl on the hatch shelf where it vanished.

"I don't know about you kid, but I've had to kill before to survive. My main concern is getting out of here before I get a turn in one of these death matches."

Kanya was taken aback by Jacks question. Team up. She had never thought of something like that but three people still had to die. Maybe Jack could help her, maybe he could be the one who does the killing. Thou it’s still against her believe she still wanted to live and learn new things.

Kanya opened her mouth to speak but she couldn’t say anything, she just closed her mouth again. She wasn’t even sure why the scarecrow would approach her. He must have some plan or maybe he was just friendly to her. The tension of deciding made her head hurt in the end she had to choose. After several minutes of thinking Kanya only nodded on agreement and took Jacks hand. She was walking a dangerous path now, she didn’t even really know if she could trust him.

As Kanya took his hand, Jack could only smile. It was better to have her fight with him, then against him... for obvious reasons... and if someone else where to do something to her and he couldn't 'protect her'... well two birds with one stone.

With his other hand, he patted her head, before standing at full height. "Well than.. we better get going" he suggested, as he began to walk out the cell. Jack was beginning to find it hard to suppress his excitement.

Kanya slowly followed Jack but something inside her made her uncomfortable. The way he smiled didn’t feel right to her as if he was playing her somewhat. It was then that she decided not to put too much trust in him. As she felt her room she looked down to the common room still with her worried expression. She noticed a new figure there but didn’t pay too much attention to it, she had a bigger problem. Kanya turned her gaze towards the gates where she then in turn slowly made her way towards the arena.

Andromeda was startled as the door opened and a boy with red horns walked in. She eyed him warily, not particularly liking how he looked. Anyone who looks like that cannot be good news. He was too comfortable too, as though this were nothing. I'll keep an eye on him for now.

As the doors of the arena swung open, she sighed and watched as the competitors slowly walked out. She was concerned for all of them, even Luc. She glared slightly at Siren at her nonchalance before sitting down next to Eli. "Are you alright? I'm sorry for flying out of control and putting you in the middle of it." She looked at him with the same concern she felt for the death match participants. She almost felt motherly.

"I'm okay" replied Eli quietly to Andromeda's question. He was watching those listed for the death match walked towards the arena doors. Summanus and Lance were the first ones through and Kanya and Jack were not far behind. It made Eli's stomach turn to think that some of them would not be coming back.

He looked away, not being able to bear it any longer, and instead tried to focus on Andromeda.

"How about you? How are you holding up? Yesterday was pretty tough on you after all."

((Lance and Summanus can be 'controlled' by anyone who is in a Death Match, but please treat them with due respect.))

Edited by Fortune86

Alia awoke from her leisurely slumber, stretching. Then, she remembered where she was. She froze. Another day of the same thing. She didn't want to go. But she had to, and she could hear the doors opening. Groaning, she got herself up from her bed, and peered out the door. Only a couple of people were out there - the others must still be coming. Yawning and feeling rather grumpy, she ambled toward the arena, unknowing that she was not supposed to be going.

Andromeda gave a slight smile at that question. "I learned a great deal about who I can and cannot trust. There are some in here who seem to be trying their hardest to make enemies." She couldn't help but glance at the newcomer suspiciously but shook that from her mind. She needed to be presumption free. "Other than that, I feel as though I really shouldn't be feeling as whole as I do. I went to bed bleeding and tired, I came out without a scratch. It doesn't make sense."

Just as she finished her sentence, the same door swung open that let the other boy in. Another newcomer? How many more could there possibly be?

===========

A fairly small and timid girl peeked around the corner of the door, wide eyed and shivering. She looked to be younger than her actual age, but she was seventeen. Some invisible hand shoved the girl into the room and she squeaked as she hit the floor. The door slammed shut behind her and her shaking became visibly worse, making small frightened noise in between her shivers.

Quickly, she scrambled against the wall, knees tucked up close as her wide eyes flitted nervously around the room at the people in it. She started to speak quickly and nervously. "Wh..who are you? Where am I? Why am I here?" She was moving her hands as though she were trying to activate some power, but also had a wristband on her, preventing whatever it was.

Edited by Rarek

Eli was about to explain about the crystals imbedded in the cell walls when the door the horned man had entered through opened again. A girl was harshly pushed through it and onto the floor, causing Eli to rise from his chair to help her, but she backed away and cowered against the wall. Eli hesitated and looked back down at Andromeda, at a complete loss as to what he should do.

"Oh great. This just keeps getting better" said Siren. "If anyone else gets shoved in here we're going have to kill each other just to make room."

"Kill each other? Wh..What?" The girl began to whimper uncontrollably. "I..I can't kill anyone!" She was so frightened of everyone now, she began to have tears in her eyes.

Andromeda looked at Siren incredulously. "What the hell is wrong with you? Have you no feelings? Shame on you for scaring the girl like that." She walked over and hugged the girl, who hesitated before turning around and latching onto her tightly. Andromeda ran a hand over her back soothingly. She spoke softly, "No, you don't have to kill anyone. You just got here, you wouldn't be forced to do that."

The young girl seemed to relax a bit before giving a slight nod. "Alright. I really don't know anything about this place. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do." She was rambling, still very confused.

Lydia sighed and rested her arms on the table and putting her head in them exhaustion from not sleeping well earlier was taking over. She heard a door open then the main doors, though she understood that everyone was not going out and didn't even move. Someone would tell her if she had to leave with the others probably if she was suppose to go.

------

The man grin sadistically when the others were mentioning that three people were going to die today. he then frowns knowing that he wasn’t going to be the one to end their deaths. He then looks around the room seeing that one of the girls kept looking at him in suspicion. Smiling he just tilted his head in his arms watching her in curiosity.

When the door opened again both Lydia and the man raised their heads and faced the door finding a frightened girl. Lydia clicked and found that there were two new people in the room, the newest one was a young girl. Sighing Lydia got up and clicked to where the girl and stop next to her and Andromeda. "We are suppose to live and keep on living little one, even if you feel that the world is agenst you." She says calmly smiling.

--------

The man looked at the frightened girl frowning. She is young a lot of these people are young, such a waste of life forcing them to kill each other. He shakes his head even though he is a demon some parts of his former self rises up at times. The man Looks back at the girl who is joined by two other women then at the one who spoke about killing to make room. "I would hush thy tongue if I were you scaring the newcomers will just get others to hate you." He says standing up and with his hands behind his back, he walks over to the three women stopping a few feet away red eyes flashing at the scared girl. "Here is a hint on how to live in a place like this. Find something to give you hope and hang onto it, don't ever let your hope go away once it does then you have given up on living in this world.......... Remember this for I will not say it again." The man states bowing to the three and turning around glaring at Siren before walking back to his seat.

The young girl cringed as the man with red eyes and horns approached her, curling into a tighter ball as though trying to back away further. She knew what he said was true, but his ominous presence took away any reasoning that it may have provided her. Another approached her, seeming to make a strange clicking noise. She also said things, but in a much calmer tone. Suddenly she noticed something, and couldn't help but reach up to touch Lydia's cheek.

"You're...blind," she said surprisedly, then quickly retracted her hand. "I'm sorry, that was rude of me, I'll try to control myself a little better." She was shivering a little less, Andromeda's body heat and presence being added to by Lydia's calming words. "M...my name is Cassandra," she said meekly.

==========

Andromeda felt sorry for the poor girl, glaring slightly at the other newcomer's seemingly intentional dominant and frightening attitude. She was starting to dislike him already.

She looked at Cassandra's wrist and her bracelet, then a wide grin spread on her face. "Well little one, it appears you get to share a cell with me." She gave her a warm smile. "My name is Andromeda, and this here is Lydia." She gave a brief motion with her head towards the horned man. "Him, well we don't know much about him yet. He got here just before you did." She winked, and it got a small giggle from Cassandra. Holding out her hand, she invited her to take it, and she did. She knew from then on that Cassandra was going to be a big help for keeping her rational. After all, the girl already trusted her more than any of the others, and it gave her someone to focus on.

Lydia was suprised by the touch and flinched a little, but smiled at the gril's innocence. "It's ok Cassandra I was a little suprised is all and it wasen't rude you were just stating a fact." She faced the direction the horned man went. "And what's your name sir?"

----------

The man noticed that the young girl was frightened of him and probably didn't take what he said to heart. Oh well she''ll learn that what I said is true later on. He looked at Lydia with interest when the girl, Cassandra said she was blind. She is blind? Interesting. When inquired about his name the demon only chuckling evily looking at Andromeda. "I think you know more about me then you think. My name is Samael but most people now my by another name. Here is a little hint I am the Prince of the Air." Samael says grinning like a psycopath.

The minute Kanya stepped into the arena she could hear her hounds again, which caused her to smile a little. Like the day before they comforted her the most compared to any other person. They were after all a part of her. Already half way in Kanya stopped and waited to see what would happen in mean time she formed a barrier around herself in case she were to be stabbed in the back.

Eli watched Samael the self proclaimed Prince of Air carefully. He had guessed due to his appearance that the newcomer was at least part demon, but now he had heard the name he knew who he was. Sort of. Eli's studies of demons and their ilk hadn't been very extensive.

Either way, Samael could cause problems. Demons and Necromancers didn't exactly get on very well.

Andromeda tilted her head confusedly. He looked at her as though she specifically would know what "Prince of the Air" would mean. But Andromeda knew nothing of it. Did he know her somehow? Was she watched in the forests where she lived without her knowing? The thought gave her chills, but she couldn't recall any Prince of the Air. Who was he?

She paid no further attention to him and instead took Cassandra by the hand to two side by side chairs in the common room. She sat down in one, gesturing for Cassandra to sit in the other.

==========

Cassandra looked warily at Samael before following Andromeda closely behind. As she motioned to a chair beside her, she opted instead for the same chair, of which Andromeda only took up half. The chairs were rather large, supposedly to accommodate any size of guest, so she fit snugly in the space. She looked up and saw Andromeda's look of surprise before smiling back. Yes, this one she could trust.

Cassandra looked curiously at the boy who seemed very indecisive, the one who looked at Andromeda helplessly from the beginning. "What's your name?" She asked in a small voice, trying to be more confident.

"Agh... my head..." Vex groaned slightly as he woke up. He slowly rose up in the bed and also raised a hand to his forehead. He could feel as the small headache slowly went away, and sighed in relief as he got off of the bed. Wait, what? His gaze went down to his body, obvious confusion visible in his eyes. No wounds, no pain - except the headache - and nothing that could remind him of the fight he was in yesterday. Maybe... maybe there was some kind of healing magic that revitalized him so he was prepared for today? Oh... he'd probably have to fight today, too. With a sigh, he fixed up slightly his blonde hair and opened the door, then turned left and headed for the place he'd first woken up. Wait... there were newcomers? Yes, he could see two that were very different from everybody he remembered - a guy with some horns on his head and a young girl. Interesting. "Good morning, and welcome!" He said as he passed by, taking the bowl from the small hatch before taking a seat and starting to eat. His eyes, though, observed the others as they conversed.

Cassandra squeaked in surprise as she was addressed. A blond boy, about average height who had just entered the room. She quickly moved from behind her seemingly new default hiding place behind Andromeda, trying to act with a little more courage. "H...hello. And you are?" she asked to the newcomer. Something about him made her nervous when he entered, despite his seemingly pleasant demeanor.

"Huh? Oh. I'm Eli."

Eli had been so distracted with Samael that he had temporarily forgotten about the second newcomer. He smiled at her as he spoke to try and put her at ease, even if he did not feel it himself. The poor girl was a step behind everyone else, at least they knew what was going on.

At that moment Vex arrived sounding a lot more cheerful than the situation warranted, but Eli nodded hello. It wouldn't do anyone any good to let themselves get overwhelmed. Samael was right on that point, they had to hold onto hope.