Moonbeam22

CLOSED

Tike noticed that Celestis was limping. There was a red scratch on her shoulder. It seemed very unpleasant, and maybe itchy. Tike wondered if moss would help, since she was looking at the moss on the bluish dragon's (Airean, he believed) claw. He followed the path Airean and Halith had taken, careful not to get lost like last time. Hopefully there would be a great supply of moss there, and perhaps he could help bring some to the others.

Gysentia sighed as Tike wandered off, presumably to help Halith. She looked around the ruins one more time. I wonder what creatures lived here She thought. Maybe they're the reason that we hatched like this. Or maybe I'm just crazy She shrugged to herself. It would take a lot more investigation to figure something like that out, but it would have to be another day. She was tired, her muscles ached a bit, and her stomach rumbled. Turning back towards the cave she began walking along quietly, following the yellow rocks. Coming across the lizard she had left behind she placed it on one of the rocks, hoping that Tike or some other hungry dragon would finish it off. She wanted to finish off her first kill.

user posted image

Airean lightly giggled as Halith wiped away the moss on her nose. He tried to maintain composure at her question. "I'm only in a little pain, but if I move my wing it begins to hurt. So I don't stretch it out much." He turned and saw a small hatchling approaching them in the distance. "Here comes another hatchling, it probably needs some help." said Airean as he approached it.

(OOC: @Aquila Airean only cut his wing)

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Halith blushed when Airean giggled at her. "Your wound looks fine," she said, wrapping it up neatly. "I wouldn't fly for a couple of days, just to make sure you don't tear anything. Could you help me carry some of this moss back to the cave? I don't want to take too much, but it's very useful." She turned around and recognized Tike. "Hi, Tike. Are you hurt at all?" Halith was more confident with only a few hatchlings watching her. She assesed Tike, but couldn't see any obvious injuries.

Edited by Aquila

user posted image

"Of course I can help bring it back! We need to make sure the rest of us are taken care of." Airean began smiling, he was happy that there were dragons looking out for others. He walked up towards Tike, and joyfully introduce himself. "Hi there! My name is Airean. I take it your name is Tike?"

"Hi Airean," said Tike. "And that's me, Tike." he grinned. "I'm not actually injured," he explained. "Can I help carry some of the moss back? There seem to be hatchlings that might want some." On the way, he'd picked up a large green leaf. It was three-fourths of his size. "I could carry some in there," Tike said, pointing at the leaf.

(OOC: okay I have no idea what happened to onix so...)

Lance left after Airean managed to walk on his own and found the other hatchlings leaving with the white hatchling who had been proved to be quite the doctor. He looked around to find that nearly everyone had left except for a blue and brown hatchling (Celestis). He approached her as he noticed her paw. "You need help? You don't look so good," he pointed out. "I'm no healer like the white hatchling, but I can help you get back to the cave."

-=-=-=

Estra waited for his response and watched him carefully. Why was he so trooubled? Why couldn't he just say what was bothering him? She was about to say something before he blurted something about fish, "What? Oh! That's great! And I was looking for my own food. See?" She took a step to grab the stem of a red food as she placed it in front of Ferovan. "I even grabbed some for you. I didn't know if you'd like it so I figured it was worth a shot since they're not those orange ones you brought back to the cave, yesterday." She nudged it towards him, hoping it made up for missing his big catch. She hadn't meant to miss it, but she had wanted to venture out on her own and experiment with her capabilities. "Sorry I missed it..." she whimpered as she looked down at the ground, not knowing if this is what was making him so distressed.

"Umm.. I can help carry the moss, too." Kiyra offered. She usually was shy, but that could change. She just didn't really know anyone. "Oh.. I can't hold it...." Kiyra realized, remembering she could just fly and didn't have paws or hands.

Edited by girlfairy76

Halith nodded at Tike and began to hand him and Airean strips of moss to carry back to the cave. "Umm...I can help carry the moss, too. Oh...I can't hold it...." came a soft, quiet voice. Halith jumped about a foot in the air and whirled around, staring at the new hatchling. She was snakelike but with wings, and rather hard to see. "H-who are you?" Halith demanded, too scared to be polite. Her heart beat wildly in her chest.

Edited by Aquila

"Umm, Kiyra. I'm.. Um.. A dragon... I was in the cave with everyone else." Kiyra explained.

"I think she's a snake," Rihu thought aloud. "I mean, the body and stuff, the wings are just off." the Dark Myst Pygmy explained.

"I'll help with the moss! I can hold it!" Miha yelled, running over. She tripped over Rihu's tail and fell flat on her face. "Ow."

"Where are all of you coming from?! Halith snapped, overwhelmed by the appearance of three new dragons. "I haven't seen you around before," she added in a more reasonable tone. She eyed the pink hatchling and took several steps back towards Airean. "No, she said firmly. This hatchling was too clumsy. If she spilled the moss in the dirt, it would be a waste. "That is, Airean, Tike, and I will be able to carry plenty. I don't want to take too much. Um, I...I appriciate your offer, though," She added after a second of thought. "Why don't you go ahead and ask the other hatchlings if they're hurt, and then come tell me?" she offered, figuring it would be good for the energetic hatchling.

user posted image

Airean was overwhelmed and confused at the many dragons approaching them. Where were these dragons before? Were they in the cave? And why didn't they help us? Airean wondered. He grabbed pieces of moss with his left wing, keeping an eye on the new group of hatchlings. They all seemed so different to him. He wasn't quite sure what to say for the first time, do he did some introduction. "Yes....my name is Airean. What are your names? Do you know each other yet? I'm also not sure about sending you hatchlings out to check on the others, but it would be a good way to introduce yourselves to everyone."

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis lifted her head and became face to face with a dark blue hatchling with silver streaks. He was looking at her with concern and was saying something about her paw...and going back to the cave...Celestis blinked and lifted herself to her feet, careful not to put pressure on her wounded paw. "Help?", she managed to stutter, confused. There had been many hatchlings here just a moment ago. Maybe they had left to go to the cave too? "Err, sure, let's get back to the cave. Is that where everyone else has gone?" Celestis coughed as a cloud of dust was lifted into the air by a swish of her tail. She began to take a few steps, but faltered to a stop. She grinned sheepishly. "Hey...do you know how to get back to the cave?", Celestis remembered her failed attempts to return just before this. "And what's your name? We never got a chance to introduce ourselves. I'm Celestis."

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Mifoki turned around to answer Malkan, but she suddenly winced and looked at her wound and cried out. She didn't notice it before, but it looked downright awful and hurt a lot worse. She hadn't noticed her wide gash before because of her adreneline rush. She fell down and started crying, not caring if anyone was watching. "Please help!" she sobbed to Halith. She crawled over to the pure part of the stream and held her wound against it. Her pain eased a good amount, and she stopped sobbing. Her tears still streamed down her face. "It's not that bad anymore." She spoke softly.

"We were always here! And I remember you! Airean? Remember, I was there when you fist came out of the shell. No, wait, that was someone else." Miha said. "But I'm no healer! And I know not of these other two." Miha complained, but went off to check anyways.

"Oh. In that cave, you may not have noticed me. I'm pretty small, and I blend in with the dark well." Rihu explained. "My name's Rihu. "

Kiyra dipped her head. "I, umm... I'm... I don't like bring around others. And I think I can help with hurt hatchlings. Just, not big ones." the Sunsong confessed.

Edited by girlfairy76

Woah, where'd they come from? Tike thought. He hadn't seen them around before. They didn't look like they were newly hatched either. Could he have missed here hatchlings? Tike swept the strips of moss onto the leaf, glancing at the curiously at the three of them. One was as small as Nylaeni and he, one that seemed to glow in the sun, and one with a light, reddish color he has not seen before. Tike glanced at them again, not sure what to say.

Lance walked after her as she managed to walk on her own. "Alright, if you're sure you don't need help walking..." he said cautiously as he walked with her. "Yeah, everyone left to either get healed or to go heal. And yeah, it shouldn't be that far from here." He answered as they walked. He had never formally met this hatchling before, but shrugged it off. Was it really necessary to know someone in order to help them? When she brought up the subject, he only smiled, "That's true, we haven't have we? Well I'm Raj--I mean Lance." He stumbled, catching himself before saying his real name. "I've seen you around before, though. You were there when that blue hatchling got hurt in the water, weren't you? I believe you had hatched before me as well."

<OOC: Hi, I'm fairly new to the DC forums but I've pretty much worked out the basics. Anyway, Moonbeam's approved of my dragon so...yeah. Just please don't kill me if I make a mistake because I'm a bit confused with so many dragon hatchlings. Which dragons were in the cave again?>

The little purple dragon opened her eyes only to see herself surrounded by darkness.

"Where am I?" she wondered aloud before remembering. "Oh yeah, I'm in some sort of egg...," she thought to herself. She tried to stretch but there wasn't enough space. Irritated, she tried to headbutt the shell but she couldn't move her head fast enough to make a hard impact as there simply wasn't any space. She stamped her hoof, feeling slightly angry, and heard a cracking sound under her. She looked down and smiled when she saw that the base of the egg below her had a crack in it. She stamped again, harder, and repeated her actions until the egg crumbled up and fell apart. She squealed in agony when the first rays of light hit her eyes and ran about blindly. She ended up galloping straight into the wall.

"Oww...," she groaned and she got up rather shakily. She recovered herself and looked around her. She blinked for a couple of minutes before getting used to the light. Where was she? "I seem to be in some sort of cave," she thought. "Ooh, 'cave', that's a nice word. How did I know that?" She shrugged and looked around her. There was an orange hatchling nearby. It seemed to be gathering some food. The purple hatchling's stomach rumbled. She was startled. "I must be hungry...," she thought to herself. She watched the orange dragon finish up gathering the food and proceeded to limp towards a tree nearby to the mouth of the cave. She seemed exhausted.

"Hmm...I could just take some of those orange stuff. No hatchling would notice...," the purple hatchling muttered to herself. However, she did not want to steal. She ran up to the orange hatchling, who was now slumped against the tree.

"Hi, could I have some of that orange stuff you gathered in the cave?," she asked, gesturing towards the mouth of the cave.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

<OOC: Also, I'm a bit confused about the setting. I know it's something like a crater and there's a cliff around it but where exactly are the ruins and the forest? Outside the crater? If so, does the cave lead out of the crater or something? Sorry, I'm just confused at the moment. unsure.gif >

Ferovan sighed when Estra whimpered an apology. I'm making too big a deal out of this He realized, it calmed him somehow to realize this. He jumped to his feet. "It's okay." He told her, looking at her seriously. "I'm sorry I'm crazy." He added, scooping up the apples. "I left the fish behind, I was hoping that we could share it cause you'd never had fish before. Well, I haven't either, but it tasted really good in my mouth and I've seen tons of other dragons eating it." He began, slowly at first but gaining enthusiasm with every sentence as he began walking along. "How did you get these?" He asked, looking at her curiously, though he was careful to follow the marks on the trees.

Ooc; The ruins are something we just added in, but in most of our posts it's like you climb up out of the crater, walk along for a bit and then the ruins are there. One person had them swim there...I'm not sure how that would work though because of the waterfall, but maybe the ruins are more downstream than I was thinking. The forest seems to be in the floor of the crater, at least it begins there, and it's almost like the crater isn't completely a bowl, just a bowl on three sides with the last one being the forest...

Oh, and the cave seems to be up a slight slope, and we haven't done much with where it is in relation to the waterfall

Edited by Katedj

<OOC: OK, thanks. I think I have a vague picture of the crater in my head now. Say, would you mind telling me who's in the cave now? I know I could read back but I'm still confused and I just wanted to make sure.>

Ooc; Recently...the only one I can remember is Alla. I know some people had their dragons go to sleep for nocturnal reasons. Most people had their dragons go outside though. I can't remember any more specific though, sorry.

<OOC: It's OK. Thank you for the info. smile.gif Anyway, I think you're right, Alla seems to be the only one in the cave.>

user posted image

Seeing both Tike and Halith confused, Airean decided to keep the task at hand. He scooped some more moss in his wing and said, "I'll be in the cave if you need me. I need to see if some dragons need the moss. He began heading towards the cave until his stomach reminded him something. I haven't eaten in forever... So he decided to make a stop near the forest, and found the berry bushes. Since getting fish won't be easy, I'll need to have some of these again. Ignoring his own rule, he grabbed a red berry with his mouth, and the taste of sourness and tartness filled his mouth. However, he enjoyed it greatly, and began eating more berries, forgetting the fact he was to be at the cave.

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

"Lance? Sure then, nice to meet you!", Celestis said, and giggled in spite of her wounds. "And yes, I was there when the blue dragon got hurt...I think her name's Ruscella?"She limped along in silence for a few moments. "Nobody was hurt too badly, right? Nobody.....died?" She immediately regretted her words. There were obviously many injured hatchlings around here, probably with wounds worse than hers. Celestis stopped and closed her eyes for a heartbeat, the images of the battle against the chimera flashing before her eyes. She shuddered as she opened her dark brown eyes wide, taking weary, unsteady steps towards the cave.

Edited by SpiritWolfe