Moonbeam22

CLOSED

Struggling up past two more rocks, Gysentia sighed as she raised her blue eyes; they were only half-way there. The thought of pulling herself up one more time made her legs tremble, and they were already quite shaky. She could hear one of the orange dragons speaking, but it took a moment for her to realize that he was talking to them. She only caught the last part of what he said, Who knows how much food is up there anyway? Gysentia looked at Tike, but was distracted by a flash of movement on a rock. There, warming in the sun, was a little lizard. It was a dull brown, but Gysentia flattened herself instinctively, creeping to the edge of the rock. She leapt forward, one of her paws landing directly on it. She looked at it as it squirmed under her paw, then took a bite off its head. It stopped moving. "Mmm." She said as she chewed, moving aside so Tike could jump over too. Swallowing she smiled. "Try it, it's good. Let's find more of these guys. At least our trip won't have been for nothing!"

~~~

After resting for a moment on land, Ferovan pulled himself up again and hopped back over to the fallen log. Balancing on the same branch, he looked out at the water. His talons were locked securely around the branch, and his yellow eyes gazed attentively at the water. This time He thought determinedly, I'll get it. He watched as a bug drifted above the water, caught in the breeze and fell onto to the water. One of the fish spotted it as well, and Ferovan waited as it came up...then he jumped, his claws sinking just into the water as he flapped his wings as hard as he could. He could feel his talons sink into the slippery scales, except now he couldn't fly. Taking a deep breath he let himself sink to the bottom, the fish in one talon and the other one free, and he began walking towards the shore again. The current was tugging him along, but he was almost up...his lungs burned, but he wouldn't let go of the fish. Bursting out of the water he sucked in the air greedily, triumphantly placing his mutilated fish on the shore. "Do you want some Estra?" He asked, proudly looking down at his first kill. He looked around for his friend, hoping that she wasn't too bothered that he'd been so focused.

With one final heave, Tike was up. He lay there panting for awhile. He was a little disgusted when Gysentia bit the lizard's head off. But it seemed like it was edible, but also tasty. He cut off a bit of the tail with his claw, and chewed. It had a nice crunchiness, but he didn't like the blood. Maybe they should cook it first? There was a rustling leaf close by. Tike creeped closer.

"Hey look!" he exclaimed. "Another one!" He slammed his arm against its tail before it could get away.

Alla winced in pain as she tried to move her right leg. She concluded that it wasn't broken, but her ankle might be twisted. Thankfully, it was only one leg. She crawled to a tree, dragging the bird behind her. Alla forced herself into a sitting position. She'd stay there for awhile, until she could move again. Besides her ankle, her face had several scratches and her arm had been bruised. She looked at the bird again. It didn't seem so big anymore. Besides its black tail, it was a simple, brown color. It was clearly smaller than her, on close examination. But just a little bit.

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis awoke to the growls and jolts of pain in her stomach. Hunger. This time, it was more demanding than when they had just hatched. When was last time she had last eaten? Yesterday morning? She trudged up to Tike, who was catching weird scaly things with Gysentia. Where did all this food come from? Celestis thought as her belly rumbled again, louder this time. Just at that same exact moment, she saw a flash of green. Another lizard! With an excited yowl, she pounded after it, trying to maneuver through the closely packed rocks as she persued the lizard. With a flying leap, she landed on top of the scaly lizard and lunged down to bite it. At the last second, the little reptile squirmed out of her claws and disappeared into the dusty stones that were jumbled around. Celestis looked around in confusion. Where am I? How do I get back? She heard the tumble of stones along with a crraacck, which sounded like something was being shattered. Maybe there was more food! She raced towards the sharp noise, and skidded to an abrupt halt when she saw Mifoki confronted by many scary-looking hatchlings, all who looked much older than both Mifoki and her. Celestis squeaked with fear and scrambled backwards.

(( OOC: Sorry if you don't want me to be in this scene, Onix. I want to keep my characters together tongue.gif ))

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Gysentia watched the little lizard squirm beneath Tike's arm, feeling a bit bad that it looked so scared, when Celestis bounded up the rocks easily past them it distracted her, but when she looked back the lizard was gone! All that was left was a wriggling tail under Tike's claw. "It dropped it's tail!" She exclaimed, shocked. She looked the rest of the way up, not wanting to climb anymore. "I bet I can catch more on the way down than you can!" She challenged him playfully.

user posted image

Ruscella awoke snuggled against Cat. She got up and washed away her dried blood and walked over to a rushing river. Like the one in my dream! She thought excitedly. She jumped in with joy, not studying how fast the currents were. She was sucked in off guard and splashed around trying to break the surface. She managed to take in a huge breath of air and was sucked in the water. Hey, if I go deeper, then it won't swish me around as much! She explored underwater, not noticing that she could hold her breath for a very long time. She found some good things to eat like fat fish and slurped in a small eel ((just like you would spaghetti biggrin.gif )). She swam over to shore with ease and brought in thrashing eels and flopping fish in a net Alla left nearby. She dragged them to the cave and started slurping up the eels first.

(( _ )) = ooc

((still waiting for people to claim!! BTW, it's fine Wolfy, just wait.))

Edited by Onixthebunny1

(( OOC: @Onix: If you want, I could claim someone else... ))

Edited by SpiritWolfe

(OOC @Onix: If no one else wants him, I'll claim the male Ember just to speed things up. Can I change his name to Char, though?)

Nylaeni's face fell. "Oh," she said sadly. "Well, thanks anyway. She rolled onto her back, the sun reflecting off her belly scales. She felt rather lonely, and after a moment decided to see what Gysentia was up to. The little dragon had been friendly to her yesterday, and Halith was probably still sleeping. Nylaeni leapt onto the sandy bank of the stream and scurried over to the rocks. She shook sand off her claws, then scrambled up the rocks in less than half the time it had taken the smaller dragons. "Hi, she said, so as not to startle them. A moment later, when she noticed the wriggling tail, she added,"Ew!" and reeled back, disgusted. After a moment, curiosity took over. "What is it? she asked, using her height to see over the two smaller hatchlings.

~

Halith woke, starving. She rolled over with a small groan, every muscle sore. Is this what healing always feels like? she wondered, and winced. Hopefully not, because she was miserable. The white hatchling stumbled out into the open, blinking in the sunlight. She wandered over to the orange tree, ate another orange, then looked around. There was a berry bush a little ways away. Maybe those are good to eat, too, she thought as she approached it. There were several different colors. The black ones smelled different, so she avoided those. The blue ones smelled fine, but Halith remembered Ruscella's incident yesterday. Sure, that berry had been bigger, but it had still been blue.

She selected a purple berry and delicately plucked it from the bush, eating it and reaching for another one. Before she could finish her meal, a small plant growing about two feet away caught her eye. Its leaves were shaped like curved arrowheads, and they were shiny dark green. She eyed it for a moment, wary of strange plants, then walked over and sniffed it. It smelled good, so she tried the tiniest bit on the tip of her tongue. Peppermint, she realized, and settled down to eat some more.

~

Seraza scowled at the sunlight until her eyes adjusted to it, then tore out of the cave in a sudden frenzy of energy. She tried to slide to a stop, but wasn't able to do it fast enough, and slammed into a blue-and-tan hatchling, shoving him into the stream. She peered over the edge of the bank and watched the hatchling splutter with slightly guilty eyes. "Sorry! I'm Seraza. What's your name? Where are we? Why did we hatch now? How many other dragons I mean hatchlings besides us obviously because I can see us, are there?" She asked, seeming to almost vibrate with pent-up energy. "Sorry," she said again, mostly because she wanted her questions answered.

(OOC: Onix, I don't understand the mature hatchlings thing. How are there already mature hatchlings if it's only been a day? And are they even from the cave?)

Gysentia heard someone climbing up the rocks, and smiled when she recognized Nylaeni. She was somewhat envious of the hatchlings size, climbing looked so much easier for her. She smiled proudly when Nylaeni asked about the lizards. Balancing her now headless and almost tailless first kill on her paw, she offered some to Nylaeni. "Do you want to try it? I really like it." She said, placing it down on the rock again and hopping to another rock. "It's a lizard" She added with a big smile. The one bite had helped ease her hunger pains, and now she was eager to catch some more.

Ooc; Oh, and Onix, does Moonbeam know?

((Just made up her mind, this won't work. I edited my post of the hatchlings.)

Edited by Onixthebunny1

Can I join?

Username: Makayla13213

Name:Majera

Species:swallowtail (I'm new I don't know how to put the images on plus I'm using my iPad )

Personality: smart brave and skillful. She is kind and will always help a friend out.

Crush/mate:none just hatched.

Talents/abilities: ( if I can) breaths lightning and and can communicate with animals. Can turn into a swallow or can make her the same size As one.Is very fast and loves water.

Others: looks more like a bank swallow with pale purple. And is very small with a size like a small pygmy dragon.

Edited by Makayla13213

Ooc; It's easy, find one of her posts and at the bottom there will a tiny button that says PM. When you click it it will take you right there. You can see if she responds by clicking the New message link right under the search bar in the upper-right hand part of the screen.

"It's crunchy!" added Tike. "But make sure to squeeze the blood out first. It makes it taste bad." He demonstrated to Nylaeni, sweeping dirt over the red liquid out of the tail once it dripped out. The tail stopped wiggling after that. He gulped down his second tail in nearly one bite. "Oh, I'm Tike, by the way," he said to Nylaeni. "You can join us in our lizard catching competition!"

Alla did not move an inch. Her body ached. Her head as well. She was completely energy-drained, despite having woken up just a few hours ago. It was her injuries that did this, but something else. She recalled the burning, tingling sensation she'd felt earlier. What was it? Alla glanced at the dead bird. There was almost no way she could've killed it with just her physical strength. So how? Was it... magic? Yes, that seemed to be the reason. Something told her that she was a magic using dragon. Alla smiled, pleased and amazed that she brought down the bird. It may not seem as impressive to others, but it meant a lot to her. Now if she can only drag it to the cave. It could feed several hatchlings. It might go bad of she left it out there in the forest for too long. But later, she promise herself. After she recovered some more.

(OOC: Having another group of hatchlings seems like an interesting idea. Maybe some of us could split off eventually? Also, @Darklight: Is Tike pronounced like Bike, or is it Tea-kay? I keep thinking the second one in my head.)

Nylaeni smiled at Tike and Gysentia. "I'm Nylaeni. Call me...call me Nyla," she said, realzing how much longer her name was than Tike's. The smaller dragons seemed to be more friendly, or at least more laid-back, than the large ones. She sniffed the lizard cautiously and sliced off a small piece with one strong, silver claw. "Thank you," she told Gysentia as she leaned forward to take the piece she had selected, careful not to knock Tike off the rock. She squeezed the blood out as Tike has demonstrated and crunched into the flesh. It was good. "You can join us in our lizard catching competition!" Tike said excitedly. Nylaeni hesitated. A competition? What about the poor lizards? Who knew how many were left? What if they killed them all? She shook her head and pushed aside her doubts. She didn't want to lecture them. They were, after all, older than her. They could save the lizards and share them with the other hatchlings. Besides, the small creatures weren't exactly uncommon--just sitting there, Nylaeni spotted at least four scrambling through the rocks. That, and she did want to play with the other dragons."Sure!" she said, doing her best to look and sound excited.

Edited by Aquila

user posted image

After the hatchling left, Airean went back in the water for more fish. He took off into the stream, and managed to catch a rather large fish with his legs. He then noticed another fish close by, so he left the gasping fish for the other one. As soon as he got into the water, the fish slashed Airean with its sharp scales. Ah!, he screamed in his mind. Although in pain, he fought for the fish. It was fast and powerful, but it was no match for the Blusang. He brought it back out of the water, and noticed the cut it had left. It wasn't that big compared to the Tsunami's, so Airean shrugged it off, and went to eat the scaled fish, which he was extra careful about. I'll need avoid the scales..., he thought.

He saved the other fish behind a small bush and went back towards the cave, unaware he was losing blood.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

user posted image

Mifoki saw Celestis walk in and ran in front of her boldly. "I can fight them!" she announced overconfidently. She noticed that the monstrous looking animal smirked at her. She kept her stance and shifted two tiny bumps on her back. "Growing already?" one of the creatures asked mockingly. "My, are you a pretty one. Mind if we use you afterwards as a trophy?" Another one sneered. "Y-you aren't going to do anything!" She yelled fiercely. She leaped forward to bite one and barely missed his razor-sharp swipe. She sunk her tiny, sharp teeth on his snout and he yelped. She held on, trying to maul his face with little success. He swiped her off with his thick needle claws and scratched her. She was hurt and bleeding, staining her long silky fur, but she bared her teeth at him confidently as if nothing happened.

((You can be one of them too.))

Gysentia grinned when Nyla agreed to join. "It starts now!" She declared, leaping down a few rocks before she began balancing on the steep part of the hill, just above where she could see another tan one sunning itself. She kept her jaw clenched tightly shut, her blue eyes focusing on nothing else but the creature that was actually littler than herself. With a daring jump she landed on the rock, her paws scrabbling as they tried to slow her momentum and catch the lizard. Luckily, because she was so small, she didn't have that much momentum to stop so she was barely halfway across before she came to a sudden stop, the lizard racing towards the edge of the rock. She pounced again, this time she caught it's tail. She didn't wait for it to pop off, she hastily let go for a moment before pinning it with both paws. She bit it's head again, leaving the body on the rock. "I think we should see who can make the biggest pile. Mine will be here!" She said, placing her lizard in the middle of the rock.

~~~

Ferovan picked his fish up in his jaws, concern flashing through his yellow eyes. Where's Estra? He wondered, hopping up the bank. He began walking back towards the cave when he noticed that one of the orange hatchlings looked really hurt, or tired. As he neared he placed the fish down, looking at it quietly for a moment. "Are you...okay?" He asked, unsure of what to do. "What happened?" He added, noticing that one of it's legs looked...hurt somehow. Was it bigger? Darker? Slightly more twisted? He couldn't quite tell, it looked almost normal, just a little bit off somehow.

((@Aquila: Tike is pronounced like Bike. But whatever you think is fine.))

Tike saw another lizard hiding beneath a rather large rock. Its movements were too slow, and it was easily caught. He grabbed it with his mouth, not wanting to make the mistake of losing its tail again. Tike shook it a little, until he was sure it had been killed, then dropped it on a wide, flat rock, marking his pile. The excitement of the game/competition made him bounce a little with each step. There were few lizards in the open. Most probably fled. Tike flipped over some more rocks, hoping to catch a few more.

Alla caught herself dozing off for a while. She scolded herself, reminding herself that the meat had to be brought back, before it went bad. But she could not make her legs move. She felt too tired to do anything. Alla didn't notice the red hatchling at first. She turned herself, and saw another hatchling close by, and was a bit startled by his prescence. He asked her some questions she sort of understood.

"I'm, fine," she said. "Just had a bit of an accident. It's nothing serious." Alla saw him glancing at her leg. It did look bad on the outside. But she could ignore the pain if she tried. Alla leaned against the tree, and shakily stood up, using her three good legs. It was about time she started moving anyways. But whether she could actually move would be another test.

Leaving his fish behind Ferovan walked forward, hesitating as he got closer to the hatchling. He spread his wings, but he didn't think that he could catch her if she fell. He frowned to himself, glancing at the bird. "I could carry that, if you'd like." He said, pointing at the bird that was on the ground. He was somewhat weirded out by how similar birds were to him. But I'm tougher and stronger than those dumb things He thought, though it was a small comfort.

~~~

Gysentia watched Tike catch another lizard. She scurried along the rocks, trying to be quiet. Under one of the larger rocks, she could see a one sticking it's head out. She hunched herself down, walking slowly towards it, freezing when it looked her way. When it scurried out she exhaled in relief, only to have it scuttle back under the rock when it heard her. "Hey! Come back here!" She told it, pouncing towards the rock. She reached her paw in after it, but it was out of reach.

Ooc; Should I keep trying to bold the speech, or is just keeping it normal fine?

(OCC: Either way is fine. Most people use bold since it's easier to notice speech, but it's all a matter of preference)

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis shook her head in defiance and growled furiously. Many new sensations coursed through her body. There was anger, insistence, and....and fear. She an instinctive step back, but curls her lips back in a grimace of frustration. There's Mifoki, fighting these horrible beasts all at once, while I'm sitting here pitying myself! With a screech, she launched herself at the Pillow's attacker, unfurling her wings in a wide arc and flapping them as hard and fast as she could, hoping to daze the monster. When Celestis couldn't keep herself in the air for much longer, she dropped onto her opponent's back and started shredding it's matted fur with steel-hard claws. She snaked her head around it's arm and sank her fangs into it's shoulder, hoping to keep it's attention off Mifoki for a while.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Seraza scowled at the sunlight until her eyes adjusted to it, then tore out of the cave in a sudden frenzy of energy. She tried to slide to a stop, but wasn't able to do it fast enough, and slammed into a blue-and-tan hatchling, shoving him into the stream. She peered over the edge of the bank and watched the hatchling splutter with slightly guilty eyes. "Sorry! I'm Seraza. What's your name? Where are we? Why did we hatch now? How many other dragons I mean hatchlings besides us obviously because I can see us, are there?" She asked, seeming to almost vibrate with pent-up energy. "Sorry," she said again, mostly because she wanted her questions answered.

(OOC: Bacon_Strips, the blue-and-tan hatchling was Airean)

~

Nylaeni looked around and almost immediately spotted a lizard peering out from beneath a rock. She pounced on it and killed it quickly with a blow to the back of its head. She placed in her own pile and glanced sidelong at the other hatchlings's piles. They were already larger than hers. She snorted and leapt forward, overturning a rock. Three lizards scattered in three different directions. That one! No, wait, that one's closer! Agh! she thought. She caught the first one by the tail. It dropped its tail just as she remembered that trick, and she was able to snap it up with her mouth. She had just deposited it in her two-lizard pile when a piercing shriek reached her ears. She stopped, staring in the direction it had come for a second, then tearing across the rocks after it.

(OOC: Really? I had no idea. Blusangs don't look tan to me, but whatever, I'll go right into that storyline, although it might not make complete sense)

user posted image

As he walked back to the cave, Airean was suddenly knocked into the water. What was that?, he wondered as he got out of the water. He saw the hatchling, and it quickly apologized and began asking questions to him at a rapid pace. It was a confusing whirlwind to him, but he stilled tried to answer, "Hi Seraza. I'm Airean. I don't really know where we are, though I see a lot of trees and water.". He then thought about her other questions carefully. "I don't know why we've all hatched, I'm assuming it's normal.", he said, "And about other dragons here, I haven't seen any other than us, but I'm hoping they're there somewhere." He finished his last sentence in a hopeful tone to try and calm the fast-paced hatchling.

Edited by Bacon_Strips