Moonbeam22

CLOSED

(OOC @Oliza: 'Defunct' means no longer valid or functional. @Kate: Yes, I believe so. It would fit their breed description, in any case.)

Edited by Aquila

Ferovan thought for a second. "Well, it was big. It had huge teeth and big paws with long, sharp claws. It was orange with black stripes running all over it." He said, "But I can't believe how huge it was!" He added emphatically. "But I don't think any monster would come here. I think that the bowl shape we're in helps." He said thoughtfully.

"I hope so," said Tike. "There's a lot of things to explore on land, and going up into the sky would be amazing. But until we get our wings, I'm content with just the ground."

The sky was no longer the black it had been before. There was a faint streak of color. Then a few more colors. Had time passed so quickly? He hadn't even slept yet. Tike was not tired, however. He was still as energetic as he had been when he first hatched.

Alla was completely immersed into her dream. All sounds and smells of reality were blocked. A large portion of the dream was peaceful. She ambled along on a path, as bright colors of orange, yellow, red, and splashes of green were around her. There were no solid objects. Just colors. For awhile, she continued along the path, admiring the floating colors, feeling happy and relaxed. Then a flash of an unknown shape pounced at her, and her real body shot up, her body tensed and prepared to bolt or attack. It took a moment for her to differentiate the dream between reality. She lay back down, wondering if dragons are looking at her strangly. She noticed that the sky contained similar colors as her dream. She gazed at it for awhile, not ready to properly wake up but not wanting to fall asleep.

Estra had seen a few orange dragons earlier and looked over at them when Ferovan had finished his description. "When they grow up, they don't get stripes do they?" She asked, giving it a thought. She chuckled a little, "If they do, then we have nothing to worry about. The two orange hatchlings looked fairly friendly yesterday."

user posted image

Mifoki woke up from her supposed to be 18 hour nap feeling grumpy that it wasn't completed. She only got 6 hours of sleep from midnight to now. She buffed her coat and fluffed it up. It was quite long for a Pillow her age. She noticed that Ruscella was being pulled in some sort of... blanket. She felt like scolding her for running off, but she decided not to because it wouldn't be fair. There's the trihorn that got lost. She thought, moaning in her head when she saw V. She couldn't hold in her grumpiness anymore. "And who do you think you are, running off causing trouble for half the group? You could have caused someone to get killed! We ought to kick you out!" she clapped her paws to her mouth, hitting herself mentally. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean that!" she stuttered apologetically.

-----------------------------------

user posted image

Ruscella slept on as they pulled her to the cave, having a nightmare about her running away from the figure that stabbed her before. She would never speak of that night again, no matter how much they pressed her, she thought stubbornly.

Edited by Onixthebunny1

V was surprised when another dragon came to help her pull the other dragon in the cave, smiling a bit at him as he helped. She was happy when they were safely inside the cave, letting go of the blanket as she sat down. Then the upset voice she heard almost caused her to fall over on her side from fright, scrambling as she sat up and looked at the fluffy dragon that shouted at her. She tilted her head when the dragon quickly apologized after shouting at her, curious that her mood changed that fast.

She smiled at the dragon and nodded. "It's okay. I shouldn't have wandered off in the first place. I just got too curious." she said, although she only want to explore more when it was light enough.

From where Gysentia was seated she watched the sky in fascination. "Do these colors mean that the bright orb is coming back?" She wondered excitedly. She felt mildly tired, but it was dwarfed by the excitement the day was bringing. Maybe she would take a nap. Later though, much later She thought, springing to her paws. "Time to hunt! Time to eat! Time to make softer nests!" She exclaimed happily, her voice still relatively quiet despite being fairly loud for her.

~~~

Ferovan stretched his wings one more time before he looked outside. "You're right. It was just a dream. Let's go outside! Maybe I can catch a fish!" He said, standing excitedly. He kept his wings folded as he started walking to the entrance to better accommodate his friend. The colors outside were growing brighter and brighter.

Tike nodded eagerly, although he wasn't as interested in hunting and making nests as he was in more exploring. It was always better to do that when there's light than when it's dark. The sky was getting lighter each passing moment. "Do you know what the orb is?" asked Tike. "Where does it come from? And can you touch it if you fly?"

Alla finally rose to her feet, unable to rest or sleep. She quietly stepped out of the cave, and found an orange fruit that fell close to the trees. She peeled it, then bit into its soft, juicy inside. We should make a food pile, she though. Or organize everything.

V and Ruscella had came back. She was glad. Alla vaguely remembered creating a blanket of some sort.

Nylaeni woke to the sound of excited voices discussing what to do that day. She yawined and stretched her wings, wondering if she could fly yet. She didn't have front legs like some of the other hatchlings (though she though she was somewhat luckier than Airean, who didn't even have back legs). She lay in her nest for a while, then got up and wandered over to the spring. Halith was still sleeping soundly, her chest rising and falling as the little hatchling snored softly. Nylaeni looked around for the other hatchlings she had spoken to last night. Gysentia was talking to a bright green dragon as small as herself, and Alla was thoughtfully munching on an orange. Nylaeni didn't want to interrupt either dragon, so she wandered off into the area at the mouth of the cave. Based on the vegetation, they were in some sort of tropical forest. A clear, sparkling stream ran through their little area and a few flat, grey boulders scattered through it made for easy crossing. Or, thought Nylaeni as she made her way over, The perfect place to sun yourself. She leapt onto the side of a rock, clinging with her sharp little claws, and quickly scrambled to the top. She let out a little shriek as her tail touched the cold water and flicked it away from the surface of the stream before stretching out on the cool stone, letting the first rays of sunlight strike her shimmering gold coat.

~

Seraza was trapped, stuck inside an egg. This filled her with fury. She let out a wail of anger and began to thrash about, snarling. She slammed her forehead into the shell of her egg, and it cracked. This pleased her, so she repeated the movement with even more vigor. This time, a piece of the shell fell away. A beam of light struck her eyes and the little black dragon howled in pain, struggling away from this strange new terror. After a few minutes of cowering in the back of her shell, Seraza’s anger returned. She would not allow this enemy to defeat her! Carefully, she tensed her muscles. She waited..and waited…now! She leapt forward with a snarl, intending to attack the light that had hurt her. Instead of sinking her teeth into something solid, however, she crashed through the eggshell and was suddenly surrounded by light. Seraza let out a shriek of pain and turned, looking desperately for her egg. But it was smashed to pieces, the back shards still glowing faintly. She ignored the other hatchlings in the cave and scrambled as fast she could to the shadows in the back. She glared out from there, observing the other hatchlings with glowing green eyes.

Estra slowly rose and stretched once more. "Alright...alright..." she walked after Ferovan, trying to quickly catch up with him. "What's a fish?" She asked, not sure what he was talking about. When they hit the mouth of the cave, she was amazed at what she saw: miles of trees, open water sources scattered across the terrain, a massive waterfall that engulfed everything past it! It was all so amazing! She didn't know what to explore first! Yet, she did...she bent over in pain again as she felt her hunger arise once more. "Ooohh...Fer...where are those foods you got last night?"

-=-=-=

Lance released the blanket to let the other hatchlings argue. He wandered off to a small corner of the cave and collapsed onto the ground, exhausted. He had had a long night and needed a well-deserved sleep. Unknowingly, he was more accustomed to the night and would, from then on, mostly sleep during the day.

"Fish is food in the water. They move around though. The foods from last night are just over there" Ferovan said, using his wing to point to the leafy green tree's just beyond the cave. "I'm going down to the water though, because I want to catch something for myself." He said, a determined glint in his eye. He strode down to the water confidently, perching at the water's edge. He could see a lot of fish swimming in the middle, where it was. He frowned, wondering how to catch them. He stepped into the water, hissing at how cold it was. He kept going, until his legs were completely covered, the water gently trying to tug him downstream. He could see the fish swimming around, carefully avoiding him. Taking a deep breath he plunged his head under and snapped his jaws...around water. He jumped back, flapping his wings wildly as he rushed back to shore. IT'S COLD!! he thought to himself as he shook the water off as quickly as he could.

~~~

Gysentia looked at the orb again. "It...has a name" She said hesitantly. "I think it might be called the sun. But I don't know if we can reach it. Maybe when we get our wings we can try and fly to it." She ran outside. "Come on, let's find out what's out here!" She said, her tail swinging wildly with her excitement. She looked up at the large rocks that surrounded them. She began climbing them, eager to get out of the bowl and see what else was around.

user posted image

Airean awoke to see the sun rising. He was glad to feel refreshed for once. He stretched his front legs, warmed up his wings, and flew back to the rest of the dragons. On his way, he saw one hatchling near the stream. It looked fearful of the water, and Airean wasn't sure why, until he saw it shivering. "Is the water too cold for you?", Airean said to the hatchling,"I can get you some of that fish if you want. By the way, what's your name? I'm Airean!"

Edited by Bacon_Strips

"Sun," repeated Tike, squinting at the emerging orb. It blinded him after staring at it for awhile, forcing him to blink his eyes and turn his head. He happily followed Gysentia, and bounced on the rocks as well. He almost slipped on one with a wet surface, but caught himself in time. Tike was suddenly aware of his grumbling and empty stomach. Where were those fruit producing trees again? And was there anything else to eat besides the orange fruits?

Alla finished the last of the fruit, and buried its orange outer part in the dirt. She didn't like it when things are randomly placed, and not properly done, although she wasn't sure of the proper way to dispose of the peel. She drifted over to the group by the stream. They were observing some small creatures swimming in the water. Fish. One hatchling splashed in, attempting to catch one, but they all fled, and he did not catch any. Alla was about to try herself, since it seemed like fun, but stopped, when she remembered how cold the water was. As the sun began to emerge, the light was making her unable to see clearly, so Alla went into the forest for some shade. She marveled at the combination of the light and leaves overhead. It made everything so pretty. Alla climbed up a tree with some difficulty. She relaxed on a branch, observing some bugs that crawled beneath the tree.

"Hello Airen. I'm Ferovan. But I'm going to catch my own prey." He said, determinedly looking at the water. Since he couldn't fly...yet, he would have to settle for this. He knew he only needed his wings to get a little stronger, and maybe a bit bigger, before he could catch things in the sky. He began walking along the stream, trying to find any way that it might be easier for him to catch something.

~~~

Gysentia heaved herself up onto a rock, panting. She looked up, she still had a long ways to go before she reached the top. I wonder if this is so slow because I'm so small, But she brushed the thought away. "Come on Tike. We can make it!" She said, leaping between a few rocks and walking up the steep slope, digging her small, sharp claws into the brown rocks as her muscles strained to pull her up. They rocks were fairly soft, her claws could sink in enough to help her climb. She made it to the top of another rock, her stomach rumbling. "Maybe once we get to the top we'll find all kinds of food."

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis couldn't sleep for the entire night. Were her nocturnal senses already kicking in? Besides, she felt way too tired, and she didn't like the fact that she among the darkest colored hatchlings in the cave, making her stand out like black against white. Celestis slipped into a shady corner and called out to no one in particular, "I'm going to have a nap; I'm not supposed to be diurnal anyways." With a sigh, she curled up with her tail over her snout. "Wake me up if anything interesting happens," Celestis murmured with a yawn, her eyelids drooping.

(( Agh, I missed so much! D: ))

Edited by SpiritWolfe

(hey guys, i wont be able to respond for a while. My laptop is screwing up so i cant get on the internet for a while until i figure out how to fix it)

user posted image

After Ferovan left, Airean decided to get some fish for himself instead, I'll need to eat soon, it was probably for the better that Ferovan doesn't need my help.... Airean went towards the stream and found many fish. There's a lot of them right now... he thought. Once he dove into the water, the fish scattered around, and he gave chase. His forelegs grabbed onto the first fish pretty well, but it's erratic shaking caused him to let go. He went for the other one next to it, and was able to pull it out of the water successfully. He dropped it to the ground, where it began to flop uncontrollably. "What do I do with it now?", he wondered out loud, "Should I kill it?"

He first smacked the fish with his wings, but that did nothing. He then used his claws and tried to cut it. It left a large slice on the fish's body and it died. He then ate the fish, unaware he made his first-ever kill.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

The bright orb did a funny thing as it got brighter, it made long, skinny shadows. Some of which stretched over the water, especially if there was a tree near-by. As Ferovan followed the water along, he came across a tree that had fallen over the running water. His scales were slowly drying, but that was of little comfort to him as he knew he was about to get wet again. Climbing onto the tree Ferovan walked along it carefully until he was directly over the water. One of the branches sloped down to the water, and Ferovan balanced on it carefully, his talons gripping it with all his might as he balanced.

Looking down at the water, Ferovan could see many fish swimming lazily beneath him. He waited patiently until one came close to the surface not too far away, and taking a big breath he jumped forward, and with talons extended he tried to grab the fish. But he had over-shot it. He sank down into the water, his talons grasping nothing as he flapped his wings wildly to try and stay afloat. He felt his claws reach the ground and he dug in, just able to pull himself back to land.

user posted image

Ruscella curled up beside Catalyst, who was sleeping, and dreamt of small streams to world engulfing oceans. She couldn't wait to find one!

-------------------—------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Mifoki walked to the stream to bathe herself to what she thought was proper. When she was done, she dried herself and fluffed her fur up to max and buffed it to a healthy shine. She looked gorgeous. She wandered off far from the cave, leaving round, yellow rocks behind her so she could find her way back to the cave. She wandered for an hour or so to find something shocking and ugly. It smelled terrible! Ruins. She picked up. She walked towards it finding worn and chipping... skeletons. They didn't look at all like dragons! She walked into a broken glass opening, cutting herself on the way in. There was no grass inside. It was just dust and dirt and dim, light coming only through the way she came in. She didn't like it here at all. It was all corrupted and there was an uneasiness in the atmosphere. Then she heard glass and weird looking rocks shifting. Then 5 furry monsters jumped out!

Edited by Onixthebunny1

OOC: Qua (hench) female silver! I'm excited xd.png

(( Am I supposed to RP with her now? ))

Celestis is still sleeping :3

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Tike, who might actually be a bit smaller than Gysentia, was having more difficulty than she when they climbed the slope. He struggled up, losing more and more energy as he hopped off of each rock. He jumped up, and nearly came tumbling down when he missed the next rock. He gripped the surface of a rock, and pulled himself up, until he was caught up with Gysentia again. Tike hoped that the climb would be worth it. He wanted to sit there forever, but his belly urged him on.

Alla faintly heard the chirping of birds in the distance. It wasn't musical chirping, but a high, annoying chirp that made her unable to relax. Alla ignored it, until the chirping grew closer, and louder. However she tried, she could not ignore it. Alla cautiously jumped onto a leafy branch nearby, and then another. She was afraid to climb onto the higher limbs, although it would help her locate the sound better. When she was just about to turn back, Alla spied a black, feathered tail hanging from above. It was the source of the chirping. The bird was almost her size, which was not very big. But it seemed enormous to Alla. The bird located her as well, and eyed her with an unknown expression. She tried to back away, but was blocked by the trunk of the tree. The bird lifted its wings, and Alla tried to scramble down the tree. But it did not attack her. Alla stared at it, and suddenly wandered how a bird would taste. She'd seen the others eat one, and was also eager to catch something herself. Gathering all her strength, she head butted the bird out of the branch. The bird squaked angrily, scratching her face with its claws. Alla miraculously gripped the birds tail as it was about to fly away. Her body burned in an invisible fire, and then, bird came plummeting down. It took a moment for her to regain her senses. Alla stared at the bird, dead on the ground, and also at her leg, which she was sure she either broke or twisted in some way.

Malkan was uneasy. After myriad nightmares all ending with the destruction of the group, of the death of hatchlings, Malkan jolted out of his restful state, and shuddered. Why am I having these nightmares? Why are they so bad? Are they trying to tell me something? I really hope that doesn't happen next time. After stretching himself out, Malkan realized that his throat was itchy and sore. After deciding on a drink of cold water, Malkan walked outside. Well, the water definetly helped. I should remember that. Malkan saw two pygmies scrabbling up the rocks, and outside the bowl they were currently in. Are you sure you want to do that? Malkan called. There's probably dangerous things outside where we currently are. I mean, think about how hard it would be to get down here without wings. It's probably safer to wait here till we get older. Who knows how much food is out there, anyways? But, then again, it's your call if you want to check it out. Malkan wandered off. He ended up walking over to the stream again, and lay down. Ahh, the sun is so warm. I guess I'll rest here for a while, then I need to find some more food.

(OOC: Can I claim Cinders?)

Nylaeni watched Ferovan attempt to catch the fish, letting out a muffled giggle. He looked so funny in the water! She watched him and Airean expiriment with fish-catching, vagely amused. "Can you show my how to do that?"She called out to Airean from her place on the flat rock. She raised her head hopefully, eyeing his freshly-caught fish. She was sorry that it had to be killed, but it looked much better than oranges.

user posted image

Airean turned to see a fellow hatchling asking for a lesson on how to get the fish. "Well, I just fly over the water and dive in to catch the fish,", Airean said, "But you don't have wings. I'm not sure how I can help." He tried to think of something, but couldn't come up with anything.

Edited by Bacon_Strips