Moonbeam22

CLOSED

user posted image

"I'm hurt?!" Airean gasped as he turned to see his wing bloodied. He tried his best to maintain calm, but his fear showed in his eyes. He rolled over as she instructed and saw one of the beasts eat the giant blue berry that he let go of while unconscious. Oh my, how did it get the berry?! I must have let go... he wondered as he saw the beast eat it. Similiar to Ruscella, it slumped over and soon died. "Thank goodness they're all gone.", he said as another hatchling walked over and asked a question to them both. "I actually don't walk, I sort-of slither," Airean said in reply, "But I think I'll be fine to slither. However, flying is a different story."

Edited a few key words, since Blusangs can't walk.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

He nodded in response to the blue and white hatchling, "Good, I'm glad to hear it. If you can, we'll need your help to move other injured hatchlings." Lance looked to the other hatchling, "What about you? We all need to move out quickly. The longer we stay, the more of those things that can come out and get us."

Tike was relieved when the beasts were taken down. He felt guilty that he hasn't done anything to help. He had arrived too late, and he had taken action too slowly. Tike hung his head down, even though they were triumphant. Maybe next time. But hopefully, there wouldn't be a next time.

Alla heard the sounds die away. She smiled. Maybe the hatchlings had succeeded. They should be coming back to the cave soon. She had gathered a bunch of food in a pile. Her leg was seriously getting on her nerves. It was causing her pain whenever she accidentally stepped with it, which was quite common. Maybe it was time she fixed it back in place? Alla shook her head at the thought at first. She would probably damage it more. Maybe she should wait for Halith, but Halith would be tending to the battle wounds. And she was never all that patient. Alla felt the muscles and bones of her leg, and after some observation and hesitation, put it back into place. She felt very weak after that. It wasn't perfect, but it would do. She limped to a tree close to the cave, and slumped against it.[

Malkan watched as the motley and unorganized array of hatchlings finished off the chimeras. Ooooor I guess that works too. It seems you don't need a plan if you have enough power. So, Nylaeni, what do you say, should we help some of the hatchlings who were hurt, like Eriadna here, get back? Malkan said, still amazed at how deadly the berry was to the chimera. It killed that thing almost instantly! How in the heavens did Ruscella survive it? Maybe it hurts more based on how big you are? Whatever, it's gone now, so there's no use in wondering about it. Looking down, he asked Eriadna, do you need help, or can you get back on your own?

~~~~~

Eriadna listened to Malkan's amazement, and when he asked her if she could get back, Eriadna started to check how badly she was hurt. There weren't many cuts, since she luckily didn't land on any rocks, but Eriadna was bruised, and might have dislocated a bone in her wing. I guess I can get back, she replied, but ... Ouch! I think I dislocated a bone in my wing, so I won't be able to fly. I'd appreciate it if you could hold it up so it doesn't hurt as much. Looking back to see if he'd follow, Eriadna walked out and back to the cave. I just hope there'll be enough of us to get food ... Eriadna mused.

Gysentia chirped slightly, hoping to calm Airean down before she was distracted by the downfall of the Chimera. How in the world did the one head separate itself from the other two? She wondered. She shook her head as Airean started talking again, then realized he as addressing another hatchling.

~~~

Ferovan had sunk deep inside himself, Estra's voice sounding only distant as waves of confusion and frustration, pride and shame washed around him and through him, numbing his mind. He was instinctively following the marks he had left to get back to the cave. "Fer" He heard Estra say. He looked over at her, his yellow eyes startled. He dropped the apple into his wings beside the other one, freeing his mouth. "What?" He asked, his voice quiet and subdued. He felt overwhelmed, vaguely realizing his next instinct was to be nasty and fight.

Edited by Katedj

(OOC: Katedj, did you purposefully have Gysentia explain about what she was doing twice? It seems like a repeat of what you originally posted. And she already answered Airean questions, he didn't have any more)

Ooc; No, I was tired. Sorry about that

I edited it now. Thanks for pointing it out. I felt like I had replied, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Sorry again

Edited by Katedj

Estra continued to leap after Ferovan until he responded which is when he came to a stop. "So why did you shoot fire like that? It looked like it kinda hurt..." She watched him carefully, not sure how he was going to react. Ever since the encounter with his nightmare-monster he had been acting very...unusual. "Are you okay?"

Celestis - Night Glory Drake

Celestis ambled back to the cave, struggling against the searing pain in each step. With a sigh, Celestis settled down on a warm, flat rock and studied her torn paw. With tentative licks, she began to clean the dust and grit out of it. With each stroke of her tongue, Celestis revealed more and more of her paw, and to her, it was horrifying. The skin around the cut felt tender, and a greenish color was starting to creep up her forearm. Before she could retch, Celestis quickly turned her head away, hot tears cutting a path down her dusty face. She muffled a sob and got up once again, making her way back to the cavern without putting any weight on her leg.

((OOC: If we get to the point when the dragons become adults and begin to mate/breed, do we have to follow the same rules in DragCave? Like pygmies breed with pygmies, drakes breed with drakes.... ._. ))

Edited by SpiritWolfe

(OOC: I'd assume so, but that's Moonbeam's decision.

Speaking of Moonbeam, we sure haven't seen her in quite a while.)

user posted image

"I don't think I can actually help the other dragons move," said Airean to the Royal Blue, "But I can gather supplies to help." Airean felt dissapointed in himself. He wanted to help to others move, but he couldn't in his condition. He got up, and felt a sharp pain in his wing, as if something was scalding him. He winced as he slithered across the ground to try and find something to cover his wound.

He found himself back at the stream, and decided to dip into the water to wash the blood. As he finished, he could finally see the true damage done to his wing. There was a giant cut, but that appeared to be it. Is that it? he thought. Searching for something to cover it, he found a large patch of moss near two large trees. Upon tearing part of it, he realized it was very sticky and flexible. This should help, I guess. He moved his bad wing straight against his body and wrapped the moss around the wing. It was firm, like a bandage, but there wasn't any high pressure on the wing. He moved around. His wing wasn't ready for flying, but he felt generally fine with everything else. I think I've found a solution... he realized. Leaving, he made a small path in the dirt with his foot so he could find the moss again if he needed to. He returned to the cave.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

(OOC: Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone for the past few days. Schoolwork, you know. Could you please give me a recap of what happened? Thanks.)

(As far as I know, the chimeras are now dead and everyone is just trying to get back to the cave. Several hatchlings weren't involved at all and are kind of doing their own thing. And dragons have to claim mates within their own breeds? That sucks! Sorry, but I've never heard that rule [then again, I'm new lol])

(Oh, nevermind then. Lol)

Edited by Wyvern_Oliza

(( Not breed specific, as in royal blue with royal blue, but I think drag cave breeding limits apply. Also, Aquila, I started a conversation with Nylaeni in my last post. Just saying so that we don't have plot holes laugh.gif )

Ferovan exhaled sharply and sat down. "Give me a sec." He said, closing his eyes. His mind whirled, his thoughts running into each other and sloshing about like the stream where he had caught his fish. Fish He thought, remembering his first kill. "I caught my first fish!" He declared proudly, looking at Estra. Then he frowned to himself. "But you weren't there." He added, his yellow eyes bright as he looked directly at her. He was a fireball of emotions, but when he looked at Estra she looked confused and he couldn't understand why. Is it confusion? He wondered

Nylaeni nodded at Malkan's suggestion, just as Halith pushed her trembling way out of the bushes. She peered over the rock and appeared to be transfixed with horror for a moment, then shook her head and ducked back down. Despite the White hatchling's obvious fear, she voice was steady as she asked, "What's the worst injury? I don't have enough power to heal everyone completely, yet. How many hatchlings are injured in total?"

Nylaeni considered this for a moment. "Airean was knocked out, so he's probably the worst. As for the rest of them, I think...Mifoki - she was also knocked unconsious - Celestis, Eridana, maybe Lance and Seraza...well, pretty much everyone who fought them has some sort of injury." She noticed that Halith was looking slightly overwhemled and shifted uncomfortably.

There were many injured dragons, Tike could tell. Almost everyone had some type of injury, big or small. A white dragon emerged from the bushes. Her name was Halith, Tike remembered. She could heal all the injured with her magic. But there were so many, and he thought that Halith might not be able to heal them all. "Can I help you with healing the others?" Tike asked her. "I don't know any healing magic, but are there other ways?"

Gysentia was unfazed when Airean went off to the river. She looked up at the sky, noticing that the sun was high overhead, and very hot. Or maybe it was just past overhead, she couldn't tell. I wonder if it will go away again tonight. She wondered, looking over curiously when she heard Tike speak up. She hopped up on her feet and ran over to Halith. "I'm not injured either! I'd like to help" She said, looking around the hatchlings. Maybe they were hungrier than she was. "Do they need food?" She asked, her head tilted questioningly.

Halith looked at the four dragons staring at her expectanly and felt panic flickering at the edge of her thoughts. They acted as if she knew what she was doing. She didn't! No, but you're better at this than they are, she reminded herself.

"Um...." she began, unsure. She cleared her throat. "If there are any hatchlings who are too injured to walk, Nylaeni and Malkan should help them back to the cave. I doesn't look like there are, though." She glanced around and wriggled a bit, embarassed. "If anyone has major injuries I'll use my magic, but otherwise they just need to clean their wounds and wrap them. I - Um, I have some moss back at the cave. I'll show you how to wrap the wounds properly..." she trailed off and avoided everyone's eyes, not sure how helpful that was.

Ooc; I think it's too hard for me to fathom how tiny pygmy hatchlings are. I looked at their description again and they fit in the palm of your hand...Ahh that's teensy! I think they could still kill lizards though...

Bic;

Gysentia smiled at Halith confidently, trying to make up for her younger friend's obvious discomfort. "Sounds good." She told her, glancing at Tike. "I don't think that we're needed, but maybe we can finish our competition and bring the food to the cave. I left that lizard behind on the way too. You can have it if you want."

user posted image

As Airean made his way back, he saw a gathering around some bushes and heard a white hatchling talking about wrapping moss. "Oh yes, I found some moss as well.", he said, pointing at his wing. "The moss I found actually stuck to itself as I wrapped it around. Is that similiar to the one you found?" He noticed how shy the hatchling was, and realized that it might be uncomfortable. It had never occured to him before, since he had never seen the dragon, but the discomfort it showed was apparent.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Halith perked up a bit when she saw the moss. "No, I don't think I have that kind. Could you show me where you found it?" This could be very useful. She sniffed the moss on Airean's wing. "Can I see your wound? It's probably fine, but I just want to make sure it won't get infected." She glanced at the other hatchlings and took a deep breath. She needed to know if anyone else was hurt, but she didn't want to seem like she was giving orders. "Could...could one or two of you, um, check with the other hatchlings and um, see if any need healing while Airean shows me the moss?" She flicked her tail in embarassment, glancing around at Malkan, Tike, Nylaeni, and Gysentia.

user posted image

"Sure!" Airean said in reply, "Follow me." He led her towards the stream, following the precise path he had made in the dirt. He found the moss patch, and tore off a sticky piece. "This is the place where I found the moss." He then remembered she had asked him about his wound. "You can unwrap the moss, if you'd like. By the way, I don't believe we've met before, yet you know my name. Could I ask, what's yours?"

Edited by Bacon_Strips

((well, now I get to backtrack to see who got hurt. [sARCASM=true] Fun ... [/sARCASM]))

Malkan looked to Nylaeni, and said: so, should we go check to see if anyone is too seriously hurt? I mean, we know who needs help, so we just need to make sure that we can get them back to the cave. *sigh* how did this whole escapade even start, anyways? As Malkan finished his last sentence, he wandered over to where Mifoki was resting, and began to check her wounds. Do you think you can get back to the cave? Malkan asked, or should I get someone to help you?

~~~~~

Eriadna looked behind her, and since she saw that Malkan and Nylaeni were preuccopied, she called out. I'll make my way to the cave. I can make it back, and I'll mark the trees along the way, for those who can't fly, like me. Walking out of the ruins, and back to the mountainside, Eriadna realized the enormity of her task. I'm so used to flying, Eriadna thought, and now I have to walk. How will I remember the direction the cave is in? I guess I'll have to get a good look, remember the direction, and hope I don't get lost ... here goes nothing. Walking down the slope, Eriadna put a claw mark on every fifth tree she passed, alternating left and right.

"We will. Well, Malkan and I will," Said Nylaeni, glancing at the other hatchlings uncertainly. "It will get done, in any case. You can go with Airean."

Halith dipped her head in a silent thank you to the golden hatchling and followed Airean to the moss. "This is great," she said, investigating it happily. "What?" She asked, looking up from her investigation and blinking. There was a small piece of moss on the end of her nose. "Oh, my name's Halith," she said, absently brushing usuing a front paw to brush away the moss. She shook her head and padded back over to Airean. She unwrapped the moss gently and peered at the wound. It looked clean. He must have washed it. "Are you in any pain? Can you stretch your wing out?" She asked, still looking at the wound.

(OOC: Mkay, so whose characters got injured? Don't want Shiba to have a heart attack. xd.png)

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis realized that she had been limping along for quite a long time, and retraced her steps back to the ruins, where she found a group of hatchlings, along with a white hatchling who seemed to be named Halith. She recognized Tike, Nylaeni, and Airean among them, and shuffled closer. The infection from her wound was spreading, and the cool moss in Aireans claws looked so comfortable. Celestis was about to call over to them when Halith and Airean went off to look for more of the moss. Oh well. I guess we do need to have more to take care of everyone else. She looked around and noticed that almost all the hatchlings had some kind of injury. Celestis settled down in a heap of brown and blue scales with a deep sigh and laid her head on her paws.

(( OOC: So many posts since my last one.....lots to look over >.< @Shiba and Aquila: Yes, my hatchling got hurt :3 She has a cut on her paw and a scratch on her shoulder blade... ))

Edited by SpiritWolfe