Moonbeam22

CLOSED

<OOC: Welcome back, Moonbeam! biggrin.gif

...Nothing, just felt like welcoming you back. smile.gif By the way, how long will it take for the hatchlings to mature?>

<OOC: Sorry if I'm spamming, but nobody answered my question...>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

<OOC: Sorry if I'm spamming, but nobody answered my question...>

I guess it's whenever it seems right. Maybe about seven roleplaying days? So far, we're almost at the beginning of day 3.

user posted image

Airean walked over to Halith with Mifoki and Ruscella. He noticed out of the corner of his eye Ruscella was staring at him cautiously. He thought nothing of it. She's probably just nervous, she's been through a lot...

Airean looked over at the night sky. It looked less beautiful than the previous day. There were ominous gray clouds from above. He wasn't sure of what to expect of it.

(OOC: Is everyone OK with having a rainstorm?)

Edited by Bacon_Strips

<OOC:Totally! Even better if there's lots and lots of lightning and thunder. biggrin.gif >

(Hmm.. I'm here.)

"Cave... If only I had some guide! " Rihu muttered angrily. He was searching for the cave with the other hatchlings, and got himself lost. "Ooh! Green berries!" the Dark Myst Pygmy approached the tree and took a green round thing. The shell was hard, but he could break it. When he did, the inside didn't look exactly what he thought was a berry. Is this edible? he thought, staring.

Miha had left Tike to go hunt. How hard could it be? She found a sharp stick, now she just had to throw it at an animal... right? Miha looked up and saw the sky."Rain? I'll never find anything!" the Pink Dragon complained, but no one was there to hear.

Kiyra was just exploring. she figured it would help with her shyness. Besides, who needed her? Kiyra couldn't do anything. She couldn't hold anything, couldn't heal, couldn't hunt. What would everyone need her for? She was useless. But she had forgotten that she always had wings.

Edited by girlfairy76

Alla felt tiny droplets of rain on her back. Then the gentle patter of rain on the surface of rocks nearby. It felt calming, soothing. But why was she wet? Alla blinked her eyes, realizing she was caught in the rain. The sky was gray and gloomy, unlike the bright and colorful colors it had been the day before. Why was water falling from the sky? Alla slipped, then fell into a puddle of mud. "This must be a bad day," she grumbled to herself. She spat out the mud she may have accidentally recieved in her mouth. Alla stood just outside the cave, allowing the rain to wash it out. The rain felt nice. It wasn't too cold, like the water she'd plunged in the day before.

Tike awoke to the sound of something he was not familiar with. As quietly as he could, he sped outside, swerving around eggs and hatchlings. He may have bumped into some, but he didn't care. Water was dropping from the sky, which was dark. Rain. The word popped into his head. This mystical phenomenon was called rain. Alla stood outside the cave, enjoying the rain. At least Tike believed she was enjoying it. He tried standing out there himself.

Celestis - Night Glory Drake

Celestis gasped in surprise when large drops of water began to patter on her dark scales. She looked up to the dark sky and blinked when a raindrop hit her square in the eye. Celestis poked her tongue out tentatively, amazed as the small drops pelted her tongue, relieving her of her thirst. She turned to Alla and Tike, who looked as if he has just awoken from his sleep. "Hey, do you know what these water droplets that are falling from the sky are called? And how did the sky get so dark so suddenly?" Celestis was astonished. Every day, there was something new to learn, foreign to the newly hatched dragons.

Ooc; I'm waiting for a charrie to be accepted so that he could come out at night...

(OOC: Good news! My internet has been fixed and I can now come on regularly once more ^^ so can someone catch me up on what's happened so far?)

<OOC: Nothing much, but there's a rainstorm at the moment.>

Sparkly Scaler was annoyed to be awakened a second time. This time, she was fully wide awake. She tried to go back to sleep but couldn't.

"Can't a hatchling get some sleep around here?" she grumbled quietly to herself. Then, she noticed the temperature. It felt...humid was the word that popped into her mind. She liked the humid temperature. She wasn't shivering anymore too! Then she noticed that she wasn't in the cave anymore. She was in some sort of little green cave. The walls looked like they were made out of leaves. "What is this place? Go away!" She squeezed her eyes shut, as if it was a dream and she would wake up, with the green cave thing gone. She wanted to be back at the real cave. She didn't think anything would happen when she opened her eyes but to her amazement, it was gone! "Honestly, the dreams I get are just so weird!" She rolled her eyes in relief, not realising that the 'weird dream' she thought she had had been real.

"I wonder what woke me up?" Sparkly Scaler wondered. She heard a soft unfamiliar noise from outside. She decided to investigate. She trotted to the entrance of the cave. "What the-? Drops of water falling from the sky?!" She was astonished and also slightly disgusted. She didn't think much of water. She heard somebody nearby mention the word "rain". "So that's what it is." She felt hungry. She decided to go to the food pile to find something to eat. But as she was about to go to the food pile, she remembered that there probably wasn't any flowers. She sighed and headed back to where she had been sleeping. She was very surprised to find a big plant with wide leaves growing behind the spot where she had been sleeping on earlier. "I don't remember seeing a plant here earlier..." She sniffed at it doubtfully. "Is it poisonous? Well...only one way to find out..." She pulled off a leaf and started chewing. "Hmm...I think it's OK. Not as tasty as flowers but it'll do!" But the more she looked (and ate) at the plant, the more she felt familiar about it. "It's as though I've seen it somewhere before..." She shrugged, swallowed her leaf, and pulled off another.

<OOC: My dragon hasn't appeared at the character list yet, so I'll just say that she can create plants or any other natural creations with a sweep of her tail, which would cast sparkles that creates what I just said and she can also control them. She was swinging her tail from side to side when she was awakened from Ruscella.

EDIT: The plant is a Jungle Drum plant. wink.gif >

Edited by Dream_Dragon

<OOC: My dragon hasn't appeared at the character list yet, so I'll just say that she can create plants or any other natural creations with a sweep of her tail, which would cast sparkles that creates what I just said and she can also control them. She was swinging her tail from side to side when she was awakened from Ruscella.>

That's a pretty unique ability. laugh.gif

user posted image

Suddenly, Airean could hear the splashing of water falling from the sky. He did not want to abandon Mifoki and Ruscella, so he observed from afar. The water continued to drop, though the hatchlings outside didn't seem to mind. Airean silently hoped the water would force them into the cave. This could be the first time in a while that all of us are together...

While continuing to stare at the falling water, Airean realized it might have a name. He wasn't sure what to call it, despite having found names for other things. He noticed Tike and a Magi hatchling outside the cave. The Magi seemed smart, though he couldn't understand why. He decided to take a moment and leave the group. He walked over to the Magi, but stayed within the cave. "Hello there. My name is Airean! I'm sorry to interrupt, but is there a name for this water falling down from the sky?"

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Kiyra nearly screa,ed when a drop of water fell on her head. "GET AWAY!" she yelled, ducking into a log. It was all warm and sticky now, and the air smelled very unpleasant. What if... someone drank from it and got poisoned? She had to go to the cave! Why'd she even leave Tike in the first place? She had been following Miha and... Oh. She got bored of searching for food. Now what? She asked herself. Surely someone would notice she and Miha were gone! Unless the Pink Dragon was there.

Miha had totally forgotten about Kiyra. She was beginning to think, Wasn't someone with me? until she stepped on a something. The something smelled really good, but Miha had stomped on it. She stepped away and looked at the small body of a something. which died because it suffocated from being pressed into the mud. Miha didn't mind the water. The Pink Dragon picked up the something. "Now I go to the cave!" She announced to no one, and began to look for fruit. The cave had lots of fruit around. When she saw some, she went in that direction.

Rihu looked up, and was met by a drop of water. "What? Is the sky an ocean?" he asked aloud. Why else would this happen? But it felt nice on his skin. "Okay. Time to go!" he said. He didn't have anything, so he got up. No one was exploring right now, probably. Rihu had to rely on...... Sense of direction? But he didn't know any. Only up, down, right, left. But they had better names... No time to remember! he thought and started walking the opposite direction the cave was in.

"I think that this is called 'rain,'" Tike said to Celestis. "I don't know why. I really wish that this doesn't mean something bad is going to happen." Tike shielded himself from drops that were blown towards his eyes. The rain didn't seem dangerous. The tiny amount of water could not cause disasters. But the dark sky frightened Tike. Maybe other things would fall out of the sky. Like three-headed monsters and chimeras. He shuddered at the thought, and stepped backwards into the cave.

"Hello," Alla said to Airean. "It's fine. You're not interrupting anything. And as for the name of this water..." She paused. What was its name? She listened as Tike spoke to Celestis. It was called rain, he had said. It sounded right. She wondered how he knew. Did the word just appear in his mind, like with some other dragons? "..It's called rain, like Tike said," Alla continued. "It's very strange. I'm not sure why this is happening."

Celestis - Night Glory Drake

Celestis nodded in agreement to Tike, but she was still cautious because of the darkening, gloomy sky. She flicked her tail in a subtle greeting to Airean, but her mind was still on the rain. What if the rain got harder? She flinched as a loud rumble of thunder rolled across the grey sky. "I-I think I'll just get out of the rain for a moment", Celestis stuttered as she shuffled towards Tike, who was also going back into the damp cave.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

(OOC: Thanks.)

Estra was found curled up in a tight ball in the same spot she had slept the previous night. She shifted slightly as she subconsciously tried to find warmth. Although she didn't realize it, she was shivering slightly as well. She rolled over in her sleep landing nearer to Ferovan as she found that being next to him brought her warmth since he naturally emanated heat.

After about another hour, she woke up with a yawn. She looked around to find many of the hatchlings in the cave and wondered why. As she rose, she saw just how many hatchlings were in here and noticed a few outside. However, when she gazed outside there seemed to be a haze present and it made it slightly difficult to see.

-=-=-=

Lance woke up after a good night long sleep to find the air much cooler than usual. Weird...it's only ever felt like this at night. he told himself as he rose to investigate. He passed by several hatchlings who all seemed to be either preoccupied or sleeping. Careful to not disturb anyone, Lance stepped on the rocks at the mouth of the cave to find a unique smell present...it almost smelled musty. That was as good a word as any he figured. He stepped outside to find himself pelted consistently with water as he looked up. There was nothing, but gray. The water on his skin was welcomed, but it was so unusual to find water falling from...the sky?

user posted image

Airean let the word register into his mind. Rain...rain...rain... He was careful not to let himself overthink the word. Or the meaning. Instead, he returned his attention to the Magi, Tike, and now Celestis. He carefully let himself out of the cave, and into the rain. On impact, it made him feel frozen, as the droplets were freezing. The next few drops were not better, but his body began to adapt to the feeling of rain. He came to rather enjoy it. It reminded him of diving into the stream, searching for fish, though now that was an impossible task.

Airean was satisfied with the rain, however, he decided to step back to the cave. He let himself dry before his next question. He inquired about the Magi's name. "Thank you for the information, but if I could ask, what is your name?"

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Eriadna could hear some of the dragons speaking amongst themselves, and noticed a new sound as well. It sounds like little droplets hitting the ground, again and again and again, Eriadna thought to herself. Urging herself on, she eventually opened her eyes and looked outside. Drops of ... water? And Tike just called it "rain". Hmm, it seems like all the animals are being scared away by it. That's too bad! How will we be able to hunt, and get meat? Walking over to where Airean, Celestis, Alla, and Tike were, she slowly walked into the 'rain', and immediately began to shiver. That's cold! Eriadna exclaimed. Wow, I wonder why this happened. Does anyone have any idea?

~~~~~

Malkan slowly became aware of the droplets landing outside of the cave. I guess there had to be something other than just that bright yellow orb, Malkan thought to himself. I mean, how else would all the plants get water? I assumed that they need it just as much as us. Now I know! Slowly rising, Malkan noticed that Nylaeni was still sound asleep, and so he carefully walked away, trying not to disturb her. She seems a bit cold, Malkan shuddered involuntarily, as if he was suddenly chilled. I might want to find some materials to make blankets out of, since I can only guess that it'll get even colder. But first, I'm hungry and thirsty, so I'll see if there's anything good in the piles. Walking over to where the food was stored, Malkan picked up a small lizard, and ate it in a single bite. Not too filling, but it'll do for now. Then, after a drink of water, he explored the cave, and picked over it for the warmest moss he could find. Now, to try to weave it. Great ... this is going to take a while ...

After munching on the plant for a while, Sparkly Scaler felt bored. She didn't like being alone. Then, she remembered the other hatchlings. "Perhaps I should talk to the ones at the cave entrance. Oh yes, there was Alla at the entrance too! Maybe she has already forgotten about our sticky incident earlier...I'm not going to solve the problem anyway, by staying away from her." Sparkly stopped chewing what remained of the plant and went off to the cave entrance.

When she saw Alla, she immediately felt awkward. She slipped up beside Airean and was about to speak to Alla when Airean asked Alla for her name.

"Her name's Alla," she answered for her and then she quickly turned her head back to Alla.

"Alla, I'm sorry about...umm...earlier, the you know...the orange I splattered over you earlier..." It was all she could do not to turn her head away and run. She waited nervously for Alla's reply.

<OOC: @Wyvern_Oliza You're welcome. smile.gif

@Bacon_Strips Thank you! biggrin.gif >

Edited by Dream_Dragon

"Oh no, it's all right," replied Alla. She tried to make her tone happy and nice. Yes, she was a bit annoyed by the stickiness and her bath in the stream, but she could see that Sparkly Scaler was nervous. She smiled. "It's no big deal. The incident was ... quite funny actually." Alla wasn't sure of what to say. But hopefully she wouldn't upset Sparkly Scaler.

Tike hurried back into the cave, away from the wet drops of water. He was cold. He shook and squeezed out some of the water on his body. He then felt a sudden itch or a disturbance of some kind from his nose. He sneezed. At least, that's what he thought the action was called. He sneezed several times in a row. He felt much better after his urge to sneeze was gone. Tike didn't like sneezes. It made a strange watery liquid drip from his nose. He didn't know what to do about it. Tike picked up a damp leaf and wiped the liquid off.

(( OOC: I'm going on vacation, so my posts may be few and far between. Just make my characters do simple things if you've been waiting awhile))

Sparkly Scaler was relieved to hear that apparently Alla wasn't angry or annoyed with her. "Anyway, the rain would wash off any stickiness that remains on her," she reminded herself. "How can she stand being in the rain, though?" wondered Sparkly. "Perhaps it isn't as cold as the stream..." Curious, she stepped into the rain and gave a small yelp as the first few droplets of water rained down on her. But it wasn't terribly cold. "I guess it's alright," she decided. She walked further in the rain. After a couple of minutes, she got used to the coldness and stood beside Alla. She wanted to start a conversation. But what to talk about? She racked her brains and finally came up with a question.

"What do you want to do tomorrow morning?" she asked.

user posted image

Airean flinched when he heard a strange voice coming from somewhere, "Her name's Alla." It took him a moment to remember who the voice belonged to, and turned to see the Horse dragon again. That's the hatchling I met at the bush... Airean thought to himself. He realized he forgot one thing about the hatchling: her name. He froze up, trying to figure out what to call her by. Wasn't her name Spark something?...or wait, it was Sparky...no, that doesn't sound right...it was Sparkly...something...like with Scales?...Sparkly Scales...was that it?...or, no...I think I'll just call her SS, that sounds right, I guess...

During his time thinking, SS had already gone off talking to Alla, ruining his chance of thanking her. Airean felt foolish, and decided to go into the rain for a while, to clear his mind.

Edited by Bacon_Strips