Moonbeam22

CLOSED

Tike organized his strips moss in one neat pile. He picked up both ends of the leaf with his mouth, careful not to drop anything. "Well, nice meeting you guys?" Tike said to the three hatchlings. "If you don't know how to get back to the cave, just follow Airean." His voice was muffled by the leaf, so he wasn't sure if the three understood. Tike hurried back to the ruins. He suspected that many were returning to the cave, but he wanted to check. No moss was dropped on the way there. "Is there anybody in need of some moss?" he asked, scanning the area for any hatchlings.

Alla's head jerked up when she heard somebody speak. She'd been dozing off again. Were they back already? She blinked, and noticed the purple hatchling. The rest had not yet returned. The purple hatchling did not look familiar to Alla. Perhaps she was a new hatchling? Yes, that seemed right. Had she been asking for food? Alla couldn't recall what she had said. "Oh," she said, realizing that she'd been silent for a few minutes. "Sorry. Yes, of course." Alla led her to the food pile. She had separated it into nice, neat sections, each with a different type of food. There were only three sections, since they had not discovered a large variety of food. Alla rolled the hatchling an orange fruit. "Here you go," she said. She was feeling a bit sluggish, from using magic and from her injury. "I'm Alla. What's your name?"

Estra looked up at Ferovan as he began to regain control of his emotions, glad to see him back to his old self. "Yeah, okay..." she told him as she picked up the rest of the apples that he hadn't grabbed. As they left, she noticed how he kept looking at the trees as if they were really important. "Did you do that?" She asked, gesturing towards the scratch marks. "Oh and I climbed the tree to get them. It was really easier to climb the tree than it was to get the food."

-=-=-=

"Ruscella? I'll have to remember that. There's just so many of us," he chuckled a little. When Celestis brought up the recent fight, he could tell she was deeply disturbed. "No, no one was hurt. It's okay, everyone will live. A few injuries here and there, but that's it."

Eriadna was just about to give up hope when she saw other scratches, and heard two dragons talking. Sounds like Estra and Ferovan ... Eriadna thought. Hey! She shouted, can you wait up for me? I'm marking a way back to the cave for those who were hurt in the fight with the chimeras. Do the scratches lead the way back? By now, Eriadna had caught up to them for the most part. Also, if you don't mind, could you help us? We're a bit short on able-bodied hatchlings right now ...

~~~~~

Oh! Malkan exclaimed, not quite sure what to do. By the time he could react properly, Mifoki was washing her wound by the stream. Can I take a look at it? He asked. It looked bad, but he thought that it didn't warrant immediate use of magic. Therefor, he walked over to Nylaeni and asked, could you get some moss from Halith and the others? I think Mifoki might need some to cover the wound. Also, I think we should start leading them all back.

Halith stared for a second, then shook her head. She returned to the cave slowly, carrying strips of moss on her back. She glanced around the cave before settling on the spring and walking over. It was deep, but not so deep so as to be worrying. The majority of the cave floor was cool, soft sand, but the spring was surrounded by smooth stone. She used her tail to brush away some stray grains of sand, and gently set the moss on the clean stone next to the spring. "Could you just set the moss here?" she asked Tike. "Thanks." She smiled at them gratefully. That chore done, she sat and watched the other hatchlings for a moment. The pretty blue-and-brown one - Celestial? Celestis? Yes, that - seemed to be limping. Halith padded over to her and said, "Are you - I mean, You're hurt. Her voice was shy, but she managed not to phrase it as a question. "May I see your paw?" It smelled odd to her, slightly sour.

~

Nylaeni nodded to Malkan and stretched. She flicked his shoulder with her tail in a friendly sort of way and took off in the direction of the cave. She spotted Halith and changed direction abruptly, sliding to a precise stop next to the white hatchling. "Mifoki needs some moss," she said expectantly. Halith turned towards her with an odd expression on her face. Annoyance? Something like that. "Take three strips, and unless her would is bleeding badly don't wrap it very tight. I want to look at it," she said finally, turning back to Celestis. "They're by the spring in the cave. Please don't mess them up." Nylaeni stared at Halith for a moment, bemused. Apparently her friend's shyness was not as important as the health of other dragons. She fetched the moss and returned to Malkan as quickly as she could, breathlessly repeating Halith's voice.

~

Seraza had returned to the cave for a nap hours ago. She woke now and yawned, stretching her wings. The first thing she noticed was the light. It was softer now. The sun hung low in the sky. She felt full of energy and eager to explore.

Edited by Aquila

(OOC: Um, Aquila: Airean is not in the cave, he went off on his own and got sidetracked by a berry bush)

Edited by Bacon_Strips

The orange hatchling had agreed to give her some of the food and led her towards the food pile. She rolled the purple hatchling an orange ball thingy and the purple hatchling was about to take a bite when she (the orange hatchling) introduced herself and asked her for her name. "Hmm, Alla, that's a nice name. But what's my name?" The purple hatchling had never thought about this before. She recalled a word that had come whispering to her during her sleep in her egg. What was it? Ah, it was Scaler. "But that seems much too short," thought the purple hatchling. She looked at herself thoughtfully. She noticed her tail moving about for the first time ever. She looked at it, fascinated. She saw that it had a slight shimmer to it too. "Ooooh, sparkly...wait, that's it! My name is Sparkly Scaler! That's me!" She was ecstatic about her new name.

"My name is Sparkly Scaler!" she repeated her thought aloud, proudly. Then, she looked around and noticed other eggs that had hatched before her.

"Umm...are there others? We're not the only ones here, are we?" she asked nervously. She tried to bite off the skin of the orange but it was hard as she couldn't use her hooves to hold it. She wondered if she should ask Alla for help with it but she was too shy to ask and anyway, Alla looked tired enough already, as it is.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

"I'd like to! Is there someone named Lance there? I want to see him again." Miha said. "I don't see him." she said, looking around.

"I like it here. Would you mind if I stay? I'm not clumsy. I can help with the moss." Rihu offered.

"You're supposed to help me look for injured hatchlings!" Kiyra said. "If you're going to the cave, I'll do it by myself." and flew off to look for an injured hatchling.

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis limped forward, finally getting used to the odd gait that kept her from putting her injured paw on the ground. When she and Lance had finally reached the cave, she saw that many other hatchlings were already there, including the white healing dragon. Celestis barely had time to register her words....wasn't her name Halith? Celestis plopped on the ground, exhausted, and gazed into Halith's eyes. "Yep! I'm hurt", she nodded and rolled her eyes halfheartedly, remembering the shard of glass that had been lodged in her paw."Thanks for helping me, I appreciate it. But aren't there other hatchlings with more serious wounds that you should be tending to? Instead of me?" Celestis's eyes drifted towards a pile of moss next to a cool, flowing stream. She made an involuntary movement to the soft moss, but managed to stop herself, embarrassed.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

user posted image

After having his fill of berries, Airean decided to stop by the waterfall. It's so relaxing here, and I'm just so happy... Airean thought. He was fine with taking the long trip just to see the beauty of the waterfall. He soon made it to the waterfall, and took in the breathtaking view of it. At night it was gorgeous, but during the day it was lively. Airean felt at home. Delighted, he decided to stop by and look at the fish. They were swimming around as usual. "Maybe I should go catch one! Just for fun! That would be nice!"

As he prepared to fly and stretched his wings, the shock of pain startled him. "Ow! Why can't I move my wing? Oh, that's right! I was hurt, and there's moss wrapped around." At that moment, he came to realization. "And there are other dragons hurt, and they need moss. And wasn't I carrying moss when I was eating?! Omigosh, I should be back at the cave, they needed me to help take the moss for the other injured dragons! And I left the moss at the bush!!"

Airean left the waterfall and headed for the bush to pick up the moss, as fast as his slithering could take him.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Tike glanced around and could not see any hatchling or hear any replies. As he thought, everybody, or almost everybody had gone to the cave. He headed that way too. Tike stopped when he realized that he did not have a clear idea of which direction the cave was in. Thankfully, there were markings on some trees that a hatchling had left. He followed them, and soon, he was back with everyone else. Tike set the pile of moss where Halith asked him to. Feeling satisfied, he searched for something to eat.

There was a great pile of food gathered by the mouth of the cave. Two hatchlings were there. An orange one, Alla, and a purple one he hadn't seen before. "I think that fruit is called an orange," chimed Tike, noticing the orange thing the purple one had. "The outer part tastes bad. And can I have one of those fruits too?" With a nod from Alla, Tike trotted away.

Sparkly Scaler, thought Alla. That's an interesting, unique name. "Yes, there are many others," replied Alla. "Most of them have gone away for a while, but they should be back soon, if some of them haven't arrived already." Her guess was confirmed when the green pygmy dragon, Tike, asked for an orange. She nodded. Alla also saw that many dragons were returning to the cave. Most of them had injuries, from whatever thing they encountered. It was good that they arrived safely, though. She hoped that the monster had been permanently driven away. And the reason she got her injury was a bit silly compared to the others, she remarked.

Edited by Darklight

Sparkly Scaler nodded absent-mindedly, as she was only half-listening to the other two hatchlings. She was still struggling to bite off the orange's skin when she accidentally stamped her hoof down on it and the orange exploded, its sticky contents splattering all over herself and Alla.

"Eek!" she squealed, backing off. The orange didn't show much on Alla, she was already bright orange, but still... She looked at Alla, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, I just...well, you know..was trying to...," she mumbled. She spotted a stream that was outside the cave.

"Umm...I'm just going to...wash myself in the stream...," she continued to mutter and she then shot off towards the stream. "Stream? How did I know these words? Ugh, it doesn't matter, I just made a complete fool of myself. In public! You are such a klutz, Sparkly Scaler!," she yelled at her own self in her head. As luck would have it, she tripped on a small rock and dived head-first into the stream. "Now, there's another word. Klutz! Argh, I have to stop thinking about words. Now, how do I get out of here?!" She started to panic. She shivered. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this stream is so cold!!" She tried to keep calm. But unknowingly, while she panicked, she was swimming by kicking her back legs and forelegs. Soon, she rose up to the surface. She spluttered, gasping for air.

Realising that she was at the surface, she calmed down, taking in deep breaths of air. "I HATE this stream and I'm going to get OUT of here!" She was determined to get out. She managed to swim near to the bank and dug a hoof into it. She slowly pulled herself out. The sudden change of temperature was welcoming, warming her up. She shook herself, shaking water droplets in all directions. "Hmm...now what? Oh no, I don't want to come back to the cave! Not after embarrassing myself to my new friends! Well, at least the orange's been cleaned off me. I wonder how poor Alla's gonna get it off. She's probably going to come to the stream too! Uh oh! I think I'd better get away from this stream. But where to? Anyway, I'm hungry. I wonder if there any flowers in this place?" She wondered why was she looking for flowers, of all things, to eat. But she followed her instinct anyway. "Oh, look, there's a forest!" She saw the forest, which was actually in front of her. "I bet there are all sorts of flowers there!" she thought to herself happily as she trotted towards the forest. She did not notice that there was a rather fluffy hatchling at the stream too, she was too hungry to think of anything else except of the forest.

The first thing she saw was a berry bush. She sniffed at it. She looked at it. "Look at those red berries! And the blue ones! Wow, there are even black ones! I wonder which one tastes the best? The red berries smell so good, the blue ones look good, and the black ones look as though they'd be filling." She sat down on her hind legs, wondering which one she should eat first.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

"Good for you." Ferovan told Estra, when he heard the blue hatchling who had caught the bird yesterday shout to them. He stopped, looking back in the woods when Eriadna appeared. "The scratches basically lead the way back. I made them." He explained, then caught himself. "Chimera? What's a Chimera? How can I help?" He asked. His stomach growled ferociously, and he noticed that the sun had moved past the middle of the sky, and was starting to get low again. I'm so hungry it hurts Ferovan realized, a pang of hunger shooting through his body. Estra said she picked one for me, so she probably won't mind if I take a bite right now... He thought, reaching his head down and snapping off a piece of the food. He barely chewed it, and he was glad he could swallow it, because it tasted as bad as the orange one. He wrinkled his nose and looked back at Eriadna, waiting for his instructions.

~~~

Gysentia followed the rocks carefully back to the bowl, the sun was getting lower now, making long shadows on the rocks. She hopped down the rocks quietly, finding the trip down relatively easy. She found her abandoned lizard, and wolfed it down in a few ravenous bites. Taking a deep breath she looked around, Tike's pile was still there and she could see her pile just a bit further down. She picked up the lizards that Tike had caught by putting their heads in her mouth. She clenched her jaw and began backing her way down towards the cave. She was lucky she was so small, because she could just fit between the rocks no problem, and the trip down wasn't too bad. Once she had reached the bottom she left the two sitting there, and climbed slowly up towards the top. She could feel every one of her muscles, except for maybe her tail...she didn't want to swing it just in case it was sore too. She looked at her lizard. Hm. She thought. So Tike won the competition. Picking it up in her jaws she bounded down the rocks. It's so much easier to move them one at a time She realized, bounding past the two she had drug down and making her way into the cave.

Once Gysentia had reached the cool sand of the cave she noticed that there were three piles of food. Someone made a pile. I'm glad we have a smart hatchling around here somewhere. We're going to need them. She thought happily, placing her lizard beside the section with part of a bird in it. "Tike! Come and get your lizards with me!" She called out, spotting him at one side with an orange. "I already brought them most of the way!" She added.

Edited by Katedj

Don't you know? Erianda asked, while walking in sync with Ferovan. Eventually, she realized that he hadn't been at the fight. Oh, right, there were so many hatchlings that I thought all of them were there. Whatever. Anyways, one hatchling, I think it was Mifoki, wandered into some ruins, and angered three chimeras, which are essentially three-headed, giant mosters. Most of us heard her screams and rushed in. We fended them off, killing two, but most of us were hurt. I made some marks of my own, and they meet up with yours. Follow them back if you want to help, but now, I need to get Halith to check my wing ... see you later! Eriadna called, as she sped up her gait, and limped towards the cave. Finally, she found her way back, and sat down next to Halith, who was currently looking at Celestis' paw. Hey, Halith! Eriadna said, to get her attention, when you're done with Celestis, could you check my right wing? I think it's Ouch! Dislocated or something. Oddly, however, if I don't think about it, it hurts less...

By the time that Eriadna had finished her story, they had reached the spot where Ferovan had left his fish. He bit it in half hungrily, lightly flicking the other half towards Estra so it landed in front of her. He looked at her. "What do you want to do?" he asked, taking a bite of the fish. He ate his half quickly, wanting to savor the fishy flavor, but not feeling like he had enough time. Once he had swallowed the last bite he looked at Estra. He wanted to just go back to the cave, if there were any hatchlings that needed help they could figure it out once they were there again, but if she wanted to help he would check out the ruins. It could be interesting. But what about the other monster? He thought, narrowing his eyes at the thought.

Edited by Katedj

user posted image

Once Airean made it to the bush, he was suprised to see another hatchling he had never seen before sitting there. It looked as if it wanted to try the berries. "Hello there." said Airean, "Did you want to have a berry? If so, please don't try the black berries or the big blue berries. Ever." He took one of the black ones out of the bush to show her, and stepped on it repeatedly until it was completely destroyed. "Bad things happen when you eat it, they're not safe." He could see some confusion in the hatchling's eyes. It was as if she was fearful of him. Then he had remembered he had forgotten to introduce himself. "My name is Airean. I've never see you before, what's your name?"

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Sparkly Scaler was surprised to see a blue and white hatchling to slither up, tell her that some of the berries were dangerous and stamp on one of them. "Dangerous? How could a berry ever be dangerous? Unless they're poisonous or something...?" After a few seconds, the other hatchling seemed to realise that she was confused and introduced himself.

"Oh, um, hi Airean! I'm Sparkly Scaler. I just escaped from my horrible, cramp egg just now. What do you mean bad things happen if I eat a blue or black berry? Are they poisonous? Or do they give you a disease? Or what?" she asked. But by then, her stomach was rumbling terribly and she just snatched a red berry from the bush and swallowed it one gulp without waiting for an answer. She was still hungry so she ate a few more. The rumbling stopped but she still felt hungry.

"Don't you have anything more filling around here? Like, I don't know, maybe daisies? Or bluebells? What about tulips?" Sparkly Scaler didn't know where all these names were coming from. She just knew that they were flowers and she was craving for them! She looked at Airean impatiently, waiting for his answer.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Tike quickly gulped down the rest if the orange. But he finished it a bit too fast, and almost choked on a piece of it. He coughed it out, swept it behind a few rocks, and preteneded that nothing had happened. Oh, that's right, he thought, after Gysentia reminded him about the lizards. I wonder who won the competition. He dreaded the thought of climbing up to that spot again. Could they manage to bring the rest of them in one trip? "Okay," Tike said. "Let's go!"

"It's fine..." Alla started, but Sparkly Scaler had already rushed off. She never expected the small fruit to contain a large amount of liquid. She tried to brush it off with her tail, but it made her tail sticky as well. She made her way to the stream. Dirt was sticking onto her paw as she moved. She still had that limp, that will hopefully cease after a few days or weeks. Alla was hesitant to bathe in the stream, in fear of contaminating the water supply. But as she observed the stream, she noticed that it flowed in a single direction. Will the dirt and juice be carried off? For a while, she sat there, worrying about whether to step in or not. Finally, when the stickiness had become too bothersome, Alla decided to step in. She tripped, and fell head first in the icy water. She had forgotten how icy it was. She grasped on to a nearby plant before the stream swept her away. Alla pulled up and flopped onto the ground when most of the liquid and dirt had been washed away. She rested on a patch of grass, trying to stop shivering.

Gysentia bounded out towards the rock wall again, but at least she didn't have to climb it again. She went to where she had left Tike's lizards at the bottom, and picked one up in her mouth quietly. It felt heavier this time. Her stomach had stopped rumbling since she finished off her first lizard, and now she felt...sleepy. Tired. As she walked along with the lizard she couldn't believe how sore she was. Every step was aching. At least the cave's not too far away She thought, her blue eyes brightening. She would be able to get a good night sleep tonight.

Mifoki eyed a purple dragon she had never seen before. An intruder! She watched her carefully, waiting to see if she would attack. When the stranger fell into the stream, she didn't bother to help her. What if she drowns me? She watched her with narrowed eyes as she broke the surface. Then she crouched into position while Airean walked up to her. She was then surprised that she didn't attack Airean. She stood up and winced, remembering her wound. She ignored it and found some lilies, dahlias, and tulips, and placed them in front of her. Then she turned around and saw Alla shivering violently. "Hey! Isn't it too cold to be swimming right now?" she teased playfully. While warming her a bit with her silky fur, she led her to a warm, flat rock. "Here, just spread out on this rock and the sun'll warm you up." She walked to a peculiar looking bush dappled with purple berries. She sniffed it. It smelled sweet, so she took half a bite of the juicy, round berry. It was greenish inside, and tasted delicious. She grabbed all of them and took them back to the cave so her hatchmates could feast on the delicious fruit. On her way, she saw some orange sticks with green tops poking out of the ground and took those too. Edited by Onixthebunny1

user posted image

"The black and blue berries kill you when you eat them.", said Airean. "I don't know how, but I don't want to find out just yet."

He then remembered her second question. "I don't know what daises, bluebells, or tulips are." Airean replied, "I've seen fish around here, they taste good. But I haven't seen other food sources yet. Maybe you should ask the others, they probably have seen more than I have." Tulips..., he thought, What a funny word. Tulips...

As he was to pluck a blue berry, he realized there was more important information. "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you. Not all of the blue berries are deadly. Only the big ones, these little ones are fine."

After all that, he reminded himself that he was to be at the cave. I don't know how long I've been talking now, the others need me... He then went up to Sparkly Scaler again. "I have to be back at the cave now, if you need any other help feel free to ask around." He then quietly slithered off, with no formal goodbye.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Estra nodded, glad that he was happy for her and then turned to find a dark blue hatchling run towards them. Talk of the Chimera and the fight was news to her, when did this all happen? When Eriadna ran off, Estra looked to find Ferovan making a disgusted face towards the apple. She laughed as he wrinkled his nose, "You don't have to eat it, Fer. I just thought they might taste better than those orange ones from yesterday." She shrugged as she thought things over. "So I don't know what Eriadna was talking about, but what could we really do to help? The fight's over and I guess everyone's already heading back to the cave...let's just go find your fish and head back as well." She took a bite of her own apple and found it to be much tastier than the oranges from yesterday. In a sudden realization of her ravenous hunger, she quickly began devour the apple including the core.

-=-==-=

Lance walked back with Celestis back to the cave only to be encountered by the white hatchling who had the healing powers. After Celestis and Halith's conversation, he offered to help "Halith, if you want I can take care of Celestis while you go check on everyone else. Just tell me what to do."

Edited by Wyvern_Oliza

"Are there any more up there?" Tike asked, squinting up at the rock wall. He hoped that there weren't. He recalled how his limbs and muscles had ached. He picked up another lizard. They could probably bring them all back with another trip.

Alla gratefully thanked the pillow hatchling. The rock was indeed a nice spot for warming up. She stretched and yawned, wishing that it would be night soon, so she could have a nice long rest. The sun was not as high as it had been a few hours ago. It was slowly sinking. The temperature as well. Alla went to the food pile to acquire a final meal for the day. She took a chunk of the bird meat, and bit into it. It had a nice taste.

Setting the lizard beside the first one she had brought back, Gysentia yawned. "Um...I think that that was the last of them. Unless Naylaeni caught one too, I didn't get to see if she did or not. Because you had these two in your pile and I brought my pile down too. But I didn't see hers." Her eyes were too heavy to keep open, despite the sun still being visible (though it was very low again), she was too tired to make another trip anywhere. "It's been a long day Tike. I have to go to bed." She yawned again, stumbling to the side of the cave and curling up tightly for her first sleep since she had broken her egg.

~~~

Ferovan shrugged to Estra. "I just don't like the stuff that grows like that. I don't know why though." He told her, using his talon to point to the half of the fish he had tossed to her. "Try it. See if you like the food that I do." He said, curious to see her reaction to the fish.

Sparkly Scaler was a bit disappointed when Airean didn't know any of the flowers she'd mentioned and wondered what she should do after he'd slithered away. "Ask around? Sure, but...ask who?" She stared at the ground. So she was very surprised to find some lilies, dahlias, and tulips placed in front of her. She looked up and saw an extremely fluffy hatchling. "Oooh, I want to touch her!" But her hunger pangs got the better of her and she muttered a thanks (even though the other hatchling had already walked off) and started wolfing down the flowers. After swallowing down her last petal, she looked around and noticed some other dragon hatchlings for the first time. She saw Alla at the stream and shrank behind the berry bush. "If she sees me, she's going to yell at me!" Sparkly Scaler was relieved when Alla walked back towards the cave after sunning herself on a rock.

Sparkly looked up at the sky, wondering why the light was dimming. She noticed a bright, orange circle in the sky and it was sinking. "So that's what gives us light. I wonder what it's called?" She felt like doing something but she didn't know what. "Airean said something about fish in the stream just now. Maybe they taste good! I'm going to go and get one." She trotted over to the stream. She didn't see anything in the clear waters. "Hmm...I don't see anything... oh, look, there's something!" She spotted something long and slender in the water. It had fins, but weirdly, it had no neck.

"How do I catch it?" she muttered to herself. She then realised that the only way to catch a fish was to get into the water. "Ugh! There is no way EVER am I entering this stream again! Right?" She was reluctant but her curiosity got the better of her and she waited for the fish to swim right in front of her. Then, she lifted her front hooves up and sent them splashing into the water. She missed the fish and her hooves sank into the water. She whinnied and backed out of the water.

"Catching fish is hard...I think I'll just leave it to the experts," she decided. By now, it was nearly dark. She looked at the sky once more. Then, she looked at the cave. "I really should be back at the cave now...but Alla's going to be there and what's she going to say?" She sighed and started to walk back to the cave. When she got there, she tried to slink in quietly. She managed to slip in between the hundreds of eggs that had remained unhatched. "I don't think anyone's going to wander in this area. I think I'll sleep here for the night." However, just as she was thinking that nobody had seen her, a loud yawn broke out of her. She froze.

"Great. Now what?" She hoped that nobody had heard her.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

"Well, good-night," Tike said. He set his lizards down on the pile. He took one for himself, and finished the whole thing. Not just the tail that time. He had been famished, and he didn't need to worry about conserving food, for food was plentiful at the moment. He wondered who had won the competition. Tike had forgotten to ask, but didn't want to wake up Gysentia. He darted past a few dragons, and entered the cave. He squeezed between a few eggs, and made his own space near the corner. There was a purple dragon nearby that yawned loudly. Tike ignored it, and settled down to sleep.

After enjoying a nice dinner, Alla, with her belly full, was happy. She yawned, feeling relaxed and sleepy. She didn't feel like she should sleep just yet. Not when there was still light in the sky. There seemed to be no tasks she should help in, or any jobs she should be attending to. Alla had the next minutes to herself. She could not think of anything to do, so she strolled along the stream, to the flat rock where she had dried herself.