Moonbeam22

CLOSED

(OOC: Ha, what other color would they be?)

(OOC: Blusangs look blue and white to me, but my doctors said I have partial color blindness (I mix up hues) which might explain that.)

Tike had another lizard in his jaws when he heard the shriek as well. He stopped dead in his tracks. When Nylaeni shot towards the source of the shriek, he hastily dropped the lizard in the pile. "I guess he competition is suspended for now," he said to Gysentia. Tike followed Nylaeni, trying to match her speed with his short legs. Was a hatchling attacked again?

"Oh, thank you," said Alla gratefully. "I can walk on my own, and if you could carry that bird over to the cave, that would be great." She believed she could walk, but not carry the bird at the same time. She was dissappointed that she would not be able to carry her kill herself. Oh well. Alla hoped that the hatchling would not offer to assist her to the cave as well. She did not want assistance, for some reason.

Edited by Darklight

Eriadna woke up with a jolt. Ouch! Why does my stomach hurt? Looking down, she couldn't see any damage. I guess I'm just hungry, Eriadna thought. Still drowsy, as she was getting into her nocturnal habits, she walked out of the cave. Just outside, she saw a hatchling that must have just got out of the egg running into Airean. Eriadna walked over to the steam and took a long drink of water. Overhearing the conversation, Eriadna added in, I think around fifteen hatchlings total from the cave. There may be more outside of there, though, like Airean said. Wow, I'm really famished, and it's making me weak. Do you think you could catch a fish for me Airean? I just need something to tide me over till I catch a bird.

~~~~~

Malkan heard a piercing scream coming from the mountainside. Agitated, and scared for the safety of the hatchlings, he shot up the mountainside, and saw Nylaeni racing across the rocks. Only just managing to match her speed in flight, Malkan asked, are you going in the direction of the scream? If they're stuck somewhere, I may be able to spot where they are. I'm good at noticing things ... hey! Malkan froze in the air, and pointed to a yellow stone. This stands out from the others! And there's another! I think whoever screamed used these as a marker! Do you want to follow them?

Nylaeni glanced up at the hovering orange dragon. She thought his name was Mal - Mal something. True to his word, he noticed the yellow stones. "Yes, I think following them is a good idea," she said. "You watch from the air and I'll travel on the ground." she began to follow the stones as quickly as she could.

~

"Thank y-" Seraza began, but she heard a distant scream and cut off the sentence. She swiveled her head around, then took off into the bushes after it. She saw a flash of gold in moving in front of her and raced towards it.

~

Halith heard the scream and stopped chewing mid-bite. Where had it come from? The white dragon turned her head this way and that, trying to locate the source of the noise. She didn't hear any more sounds like that, but she did hear what sounded like a muffled conversation between Nylaeni and the male dragon who looked like Alla. Halith cautiously walked in that direction.

user posted image

Airean heard the scream and saw Seraza bolt in a flash, but his mind was focused on Eriadna's request. " Of course I could get you a fish!", Airean cheerfully replied. He thought of going to the bush to retrieve the already-caught fish, but somewhere in his mind that didn't sit well. He took off into the stream spotting a few small fish. Are they any bigger ones? he thought. He searches the stream until he ended up near the rocks, but couldn't find any large ones. I guess the small ones will have to do... He went underwater and easily pulled out two small fish, one in each set of claws. He then brought them over to Eriadna where he sliced their bodies. It wasn't pretty, but it had to be done. "Here you are.", Airean told her, "They're a bit small, but I can get you some more if you need me to."

Edited by Bacon_Strips

(OOC: sorry guys, I've been gone for a few days because I was on a college road-trip biggrin.gif but im back now. I didn't read all the posts between my last one and this page, so I'm gonna wing this. Lance is still sleeping.)

Estra nodded to Ferovan and went on her own way. She was sure she could reach that fruit on her own. She lunged off into the forest and towards the tree that Ferovan had pointed to. When she reached the base of the truck, she looked up it to find that it was a much more intimidating feat than she had imagined. With a crouch and small shake of her rear, she leapt up at the tree and clung onto it with dear life. Her claws sunk into the trunk in a fluid motion and she smiled at herself for managing to stay on the tree. She then moved one claw after another and proceeded to climb the tree. When she reached the top, she heaved herself onto a branch and began to search for food. She squirmed through the smallest gaps and spaces until she found some fruit, except this fruit was red and not-so-round. She grabbed one in her mouth and spit it out so that it fell to the ground. The taste lingered in her mouth as she licked her maw. It tasted...good. She looked back up at the tree and grabbed another food which also fell to the floor. She did this to a third, a fourth, and a fifth food as well before climbing back down.

Edited by Wyvern_Oliza

user posted image

Ruscella heard a distant scream while she was about to take a nap. She was stuffed! She poured the remaining food in a closed off pond so they wouldn't escape or rot. She bolted into the rushing river and swam as fast as the other hatchlings could run.

----------------------------------

user posted image

Mifoki saw Celestis stalling for her, risking her life. I shouldn't have gone here! She thought guiltily. She planned quickly using her unusually fast brain to think of what to use to defeat them although there was probably little chance of their survival. She grabbed something sharp by the handle and pierced the one Celestis was on with the silver side in the back thigh. He let out a piercing yelp. "Damn you!" he whimpered angrily. He swiped his huge paw at her and made her fly to a high shelf. She hit herself on the head and got knocked out with a little bit of blood trickling down her cheek from his scratch.

Eriadna replied, thanks! A small one is fine, I should be able to catch a bird anyways. Thanks! Eriadna ate the fish quickly. Leaping into the air, she could see Malkan and Nylaeni racing into a cave, but decided to focus on that later. Scanning the sky, Eriadna noticed a flock of smaller birds swarming the air. Diving towards them, she almost caught one before the flock scattered, leaving Eriadna to chase after individual birds. Darn it! Oh well, I'll find another. After chasing a bird for a few minutes, Eriadna managed to slash its wing and send it to the ground. She decided to catch another one, and finish off the first one later. Spinning around in the air, Eriadna saw a splotch of black on the skyline, and focused on it. Five minutes later, Eriadna had returned to the stream, and was munching on the first of her kills.

~~~~~

As Nylaeni had asked of him, Malkan stayed aloft, and followed the stones. After flying for a while, Malkan dropped the the ground, panting. I need to rest for a little while, Malkan wheezed. But I think we're close. Whoever it was couldn't have gone too far, and we've seen nothing that could hurt them yet. Also, what are these ruins? They seem like some other intelligent species built them, cause I doubt any of us could build like this. Not unless we've lost a considerable amount of technology. Don't you agree, Nylaeni?

I pm moonbeam. I'm on iPad so I had to ask her too look at it here because I forget it.lol. And I don't know how to copy or paste.

(OOC: Please use 'OOC' and parenthesis when writing Out Of Character posts. smile.gif You copy and paste by highlighting the words you would like to select and right-clicking on them. Do you have a word-processing program you can run your posts through, just for grammar/spelling clarity?)

Nylaeni glanced around the ruins in awe. "If not a more intelligent species, than certainly a more advanced one. I wonder how old these are...?" she let the question trail off into silence as she stared. "Yes. You rest here. Call out to me when you're ready to move again, okay?" she padded forward, quietly observing the ruined buildings.

Edited by Aquila

Holding the bird between his wings and against his chest, Ferovan began walking back towards the cave, hoping that no one would take his fish while he was doing this. The bird was heavy, making a much more impressive kill than his little fish. At least I caught the fish myself though He thought, realizing that he was breathing a bit harder than normal as he climbed the hill towards the cave. He placed the bird gently on the ground in the middle of the cave. Turning around he began to run back towards his fish, doing his run/glide combination. He was excited, he was able to glide a bit further at a time today. As he passed the orange hatchling on his way back he said, "I put it in the middle, I hope that's okay. I'm off to find Estra."

~~~

Gysentia sighed, looking up the cliff. Going down to find more lizards had been a bad idea. She scrambled up to the top, the food having given her a bit more energy, but by the time she made it to the top Nylaenni was out of sight. Gysentia could feel her muscles trembling, but she bounded ahead fearlessly.

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis screeched with fury and snatched the sharp silver blade from the ground. She grit her teeth and sent the razor whistling towards the monster's face, plunging it into it's flesh with all her might. As the beast let out another stream of wild curses, Celestis lighted down next to Mifoki and tried wiping her cheek with her dusty wing to stop the blood flow that was settling into a large pool of thick scarlet liquid, but with little success. She tried shaking the little Pillow to wake her up, but her velvety fur just swung from side to side with her head dangling in an unnatural position. Celestis was out of plans. She tipped her head up and shouted in a sheer, high-pitched caterwaul, "HELP! PLEASE HELP! HHHEEELLLPP!" Surely they weren't that far away from the cavern that the other dragonets wouldn't be able to hear her.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Estra landed on the grassy floor with a soft thud and looked around for her acquired food. Some had fallen into the nearby bushes and she had to reach into them to find her hard-earned reward. She grasped the stem of these foods in her mouth and dragged them out of the bushes so that all 5 lay in a pile. She wasn't sure how to get all of this back to the cave, but she knew she'd figure it out. Estra grasped the stem of one of the foods in her mouth and grasped a second with her right claw, having jammed it into the surface. Now she managed to grasp another two with her tail and decided to roll the last back towards the cave. In an over excessive amount of a struggle, she began the long waddle back. When she made it half way, she had to sit down out of fatigue, "Geeze...this is taking forever..." she thought to herself as she sighed. After a few minutes, she continued her journey home.

Tike quickly lost sight of Nylaeni, due to his exhaustion and his still grumbling belly. The lizards helped, but he only had two tails. "Wait for me!" he panted, but he didn't think she heard him. He dragged his feet across the ground, and rested in the shade of a tree. When hie had recovered a little energy, he set off again, to the area of the shriek. He stumbled across something in his path, and almost tripped. It was a yellow stone. There was one more a few distances ahead, and one after that. It must be a path. He set off again, at a rather slow pace. There came a shout not too far ahead. Tike picked up his pace, eager but weary.

"Thanks!" said Alla. As the hatchling went away, she continued walking, as best as she could. It was very difficult to walk with three legs, she found. She had only began walking a day ago, and was still not comfortable with them. Many times she placed her injured leg on the ground, and many times did she have to stop because of the sharp pain. It took a tremendous effort to climb up the hill, but it was a little easier coming down. When she finally reached the cave, she slept again.

Nylaeni heard Celestis shout and immediately bounded back to Malkan. "I'm going to go ahead," she said, eyes wide with fear. "Please, follow when you've caught your breath." She assesed him worriedly. The orange hatchling was still breathing hard but looked to be recovering, so she kept moving swiftly through the ruined buildings. She heard the monster snarl curses and slid to a sudden stop, trembling with fear. Her golden scales would show up easily against the washed-out grey of the buildings. Nylaeni ducked behind a rock and peered out cautiously, eyes flicking back and forth as her mind whirled. These buildings looked extremely unstable - what if they lured the monster into one and somehow collapsed it? Great way to get some hatchlings killed, she thought to herself, and immediately tried to squash that out of her mind. It was all she had, and it looked as if someone was going to die anyway. "Celestis!" she thought, using the dragon's natural telepathy.

~

Halith kneaded the ground with her claws nervously. Should she go after them? What if someone was hurt? What if she got herself killed? She hadn't seen any other hatchlings with healing powers, so maybe she should stay here, in case someone was injured. She let out a small whimper, face twisted with worry. No. Stop it. You've got to calm down. You've got to calm down, Halith. She closed her blue eyes and took a deep breath. If someone was injured, she could probably heal them. What if more than one person was injured? She couldn't do it completely by herself. No, she'd need some natural aids. If only there was someone to teach her! What would she need? Something to stop the blood, and something to clean the wound. Halith opened her eyes and contemplated the clearing for a moment. Then, making a sudden desicion, she stepped with purpose toward a knarled old tree and began peeling large strips of moss off it. The moss was soft and dry, and there appeared to be two kinds. One was dark green, and the other was pale, almost silvery.

~

Seraza raced through the forest, searching for the source of the screech. She heard the second yell and abruptly veered to left, angling herself on what she thought was the most direct course. She burst out of the cover and halted, panting slightly and staring at the ruins in fascination.

(OOC @Onix and Wolf: Bro, one of you needs to describe this monster, 'cuz I've got like zero idea what I'm doing. tongue.gif Is it a tiger? An Eldritch Abomination? A giant squid? What?)

user posted image

Airean was barely finishing off the last fish when he heard a loud, panicked scream. "Celestis!!", he yelled in shock. He tried to find the direction if where the scream came, but had no idea where to go. Instinctively, he headed towards the forest, and burst in a quick flight towards the source. He flew into a few trees during his rush, but that hardly stopped him.

He finally came upon the ruins, eerily vast and dusty. He saw Seraza next to him, and Celestis near a badly injured Mofoki. He also noticed a strange monster, which he didn't like the look of. "Alright," he said in an agitated voice, "What's going on here?!" He noticed his right wing was bloody, but he ignored the fact and gritted his teeth at the monster.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

( OOC: @Aquila: I'm guessing it might be a furry mythical moster because, apparently, it can talk to dragons. tongue.gif

@Bacon: Moonbeam didn't like the idea of mature hatchlings, so instead of dragons, these are some random monsters :3 )

Edited by SpiritWolfe

(OOC:

@SpiritWolfe thank you, it's been fixed!

@Makayla13213 did you read what Aquila posted? Use OOC format smile.gif )

Edited by Bacon_Strips

As Gysentia ran along, she spotted Tike far ahead of her. "Wait for me!" She squeaked. She didn't think he could hear her though, so she kept running. Her paws drummed along the earth almost silently, so when she spotted a lizard sunning itself on a yellow rock she kept running, leaping nimbly over the rock, catching it in her jaws. "Tike! Tike! Wait for me!" She thought, not realizing that he actually might be able to hear.

~~~

Ferovan was glad to see that the hatchling was at least making progress on it's own. "I'm not going to baby it He thought to himself, continuing on without missing a beat. He soon made it to his fish, picking it up in his jaws again. His stomach rumbled mightiliy, but he wanted to find Estra so she could try some. He wasn't sure why he was so excited to share it, but he was. He took a few steps, and flapped as hard as he could a few times and made it off of the ground. His wings grew tired quickly though, but managed to hold out until he landed. He kept running, trying to go in the general direction that he had pointed Estra towards.

Edited by Katedj

Tike grinned when he heard Gysentia. He stopped, and waited for her to catch up. Now he won't be alone again! He dreaded the thought of facing whatever was ahead by himself, if Nylaeni and others haven't gotten there already. When they were side by side, he started moving once more. "Can I have some of that?" he asked, staring at the lizard hanging limp from her jaws. Tike's hungery belly still hasn't been satisfied. It was either hunger, or maybe fear of what was just beyond them.

((So, how about something like a chimera? Everyone okay with that? Looks like taking Latin payed off xd.png ))

*sigh*, okay, I think I can go on, Malkan thought to himself. I really need to get more fit. Wait a minute, is that fighting I hear? I have to help them! Racing forwards, Malkan saw Nylaeni hiding behind a rock. Skidding to a stop next to her, Malkan said, should we attack it now? Maybe the four of us can overpower it. Anyways, I heard other dragons coming to help. If we all attack at once, it won't be able to focus on any one of us. What do you think, Nylaeni?

~~~~~

After she had eaten her fill, Eriadna rested for a while, and returned to the cave. *Yawn*. I guess I'll be prowling the nights from now on ... wait a minute, did I just hear a scream? Eriadna raced outside, and lifted off. From her aireal perspective, Eriadna noticed a few other hatchlings going towards one area. And so, in turn, she pointed herself in that direction. I just hope I'll be able to help ...

Estra continued on her way back towards the cave, but found that even after much effort, she still hadn't even made it out of the forest. This can't be right... she thought to herself. I should have been there by now. She looked around and dropped the food source that had been in her mouth. "Where am I?" she asked herself out loud. "Ooooooh, why did I have to get lost?" She moaned out as she just dropped all of her food. She wasn't sure what to do now, but figured that if she could get high enough, maybe she could see her way out of this forest. She stood up and tried jumping as high as she could and flapping her wings erratically. "I can fly like Fero...I know it," she mumbled to herself as she continued to try. For a few split seconds, she managed to stay suspended in the air, but she could gain no altitude. When she had enough trying to learn how to fly she plopped onto the ground. She let out a couple of chirp-like calls, unknowingly calling out for help. It just felt like the right thing to do. She unintentionally found herself calling out for Ferovan, this chirp being a hatchling's call to their mother or protector. When it appeared she would recieve no response, she sighed and grabbed all her food and began on her way again.

(OOC: *raises hand* I vote for Chimera! Only, instead having a goat body, it should have a dragon body.)

When Celestis didn't respond to Nylaeni, she assumed the Night Glory was too busy fighting. "I have a plan, sort of," she murrmured to Malkan, voice barely audible. "Gysentia and Tike - the pygmies - should be here any second. They're small, so it might be harder for that...thing to hit them. They'll lead it into a building, and we'll knock it down somehow. We're big - well, bigger, anyway - and these buildings look like a strong gust of wind would most likely blow them over. We should probably be able to do it, I think." Nylaeni hadn't took her eyes of the hideous creature snarling and spitting as it fought to kill Celestis, who was clearly tiring. There was something wrong with its tail....

"What do you think?" she asked, suddenly even less confident than before.

~

Seraza watched the battle a second longer and waited until the creature turned to face her. With a tiny but fierce snarl, she launched herself at it, landing precisely on its muzzle. She dug small, sharp claws like tiny needles into the creature's sensitive nose, and began to tear at its eyes with her teeth. The thing let out a roar of pain and anger, shaking its head furiously.