Moonbeam22

CLOSED

Halith sniffed Celestis's paw and recoiled slightly. It was definitely infected. "Go soak that paw in the stream, please," she told Celestis. "When you're done, wait for me by the spring in the cave, and try not to touch your paw to the ground." She turned to the two blue and silver hatchlings. Halith made no reply to Eridana but began to inspect her wing, running the tip of her tail over it gently as she spke to Lance. "No, I need to take care of her paw, but if you could find Mifoki and Ruscella and bring them to me that would be great. Yes, it's dislocated." She directed the last statement at Eridana. She sat back and swept her eyes over Eridana's wing, thinking hard. She could fix it with magic, but that made her slightly nervous. She had fainted yesterday after healing Ruscella, and there were still several other hatchlings she had to treat. She sighed and closed her eyes. I wish I could see her skeleton. That would make this at least a bit easier.

She opened her eyes and yelped in shock, scrabbling back from Eridana. The hatchling herself was dark and nearly impossible to see, like a silhouette at night. Her skeleton was shimmering white, interspersed with flecks of silver. Inside her ribcage was a flickering golden flame. She glanced sideways at Lance. He looked very similar to Eridana. Halith looked around the area outside the cave, heart beating wildly. Most hatchlings were the similar: white skeleton, golden flame. Alla, who sat on a flat rock in the fading sun, was glowing faintly with silver light. Halith thought this must be magic, as all the other hatchlings had flecks of it. She looked down at her paws and discovered that she, too, was glowing slightly. She couldn't see the stream, but she saw tiny flecks of copper flitting around near it. Fish, she realized. In the jungle, the trees and plants manifested as a bronze haze.

Shaking her head, she returned her attention to Eridana and slowly stretched her nose out. The silver glow began to rush forward to cover the injury. With difficulty, Halith slowed it down to a trickle. The silver mist flowed over Eridana's wing, and Halith shaped it to her wing. She tried to be as gentle as she could, but knew what she had to do would hurt. She directed the magic carefully, and slid the wingbone back into place. The silver mist disconnected from her and she reeled slightly from the sudden outpouring of magic. The part of Eridana's wing now shone with Halith's magic. The white hatchling knew that it would slowly fade over the next few days, but would keep any pain at bay. She could feel the energy working magic had drained from her, but didn't think she would faint as she had last night. The healing had taken several minutes. She shut her eyes tightly, hoping that her vision would return to normal. She opened them very slowly. The glowing outlines were still there, but superimposed upon normal view. It was very distracting.

~

Seraza emerged from the cave and noticed Halith was healing Eridana. She leapt onto one of the rocks scattered about the cave and watched, interested in how the magic would work. The white hatchling yelped and leapt backwards like she had been shocked. After a moment, she leaned forward until her nose almost brushed Eridana's blue scales. There was nothing for a moment, then a faint silver glow began condense around Eridana's wing. A few seconds later the wing slid back into place with a faint pop and Halith pulled her head away. The glow remained around Eridana's wing for a moment, then seemed to sink into her scales and disappear.

~

Nylaeni glanced up at the sky. The sunlight was fading quickly, and it would be almost completely dark soon. She did not want to spend the night in the ruins. "We should go back to the cave," she told Malkan, slightly worried.

She turned to look at the food he had pointed to, seeing the small amounts of blood and striped flesh that lie there. At first sight it looked repulsive, the flesh shredded from where it had been chewed on, the internals having sloughed out and just a general mess altogether. Estra looked back at Ferovan with a nervous posture, "A-alright..." she muttered as she crawled towards the fish. It smelled unusual, the scent of blood didn't appear to be as repulsive as she had imagined. She bent over to get a closer look at the fish and took a swipe at it with her tongue. Recoiling to reminisce on the taste, she found that it actually wasn't that bad. She grasped the fish in her mouth as she began to tear at it, placing both her claws on it's sides to hold it in place.

-=-=-=

Lance noticed Halith's sudden edgyness and looked at her, worried. He wasn't sure what was wrong with her, but decided to overlook it. It had been another long day afterall. Seeing that he wasn't really needed anymore he bid all three females farewell and returned to a corner in the cave. Although he found himself anxious for night to come, he wanted to sleep more than explore the night. So he collapsed on the ground in a seclusive spot and curled up into a ball. He hadn't realized how exhausted he was since being disturbed from his prior nap.

she spoke to Lance. "No, I need to take care of her paw, but if you could find Mifoki and Ruscella and bring them to me that would be great."

(OOC: Oliza, did you miss this?)

((OOC: everyone back to the cave by now? Because I made it pretty easy, what with the claw marks and all))

Malkan nodded in assent with Nylaeni. Okay, good idea. Just one question, what are we going to do about food? We've all been getting our own meals, but now that some of us are injured, we'll have to work together ... and we all know how Adrisea and I had a fight. Speaking of which, where did she go, anyways? Whatever, lets get back. As Malkan finished his final sentence, he leaped into the air, and glided back to the cave. Well, my wings are getting stronger, so thats good ...

~~~~~

Eriadna watched Halith as she healed up her wound. There seemed to be a moment of shock for Halith, but Eriadna decided to enquire later. After a few seconds, Eriadna felt the bones in her wing sliding together. Then, suddenly, they popped back into place, and she felt a jolt. Ouch! That hurt a bit, but I'm guessing that was unavoidable. Thanks, though! You're really getting good, Halith. I wonder if anyone else here could learn, or if only your species can do that? Do you have any idea? By now, Eriadna had lay down, and began to settle in for a short sleep.

Sparkly Scaler was relieved when nobody came to her after a few minutes. She had noticed a green hatchling squeezing in between the eggs and wondered if she should run but he seemed to ignore her and went to sleep. Sparkly saw that the cave was getting dimmer and dimmer. "I suppose I should sleep now. I do wonder what's in the forest though. Oh well, there's always tomorrow." She lay down slowly, folding up her legs beneath her. Soon, she was lost in her dreams.

user posted image

Airean returned to the cave to find Halith healing Eriadna. The magic that shone from Eriadna's wing was blinding to Airean, forcing him to shut his eyes. Carefully, he put the moss next to the pile near a spring. I never knew this was here... Airean remarked. He turned back around to find Halith exhuasted from her work. Upon seeing this, Airean felt embarassed for what he had done; going off on his own and getting distracted by berries. The others have probably worked so hard, while instead I was off on my own. I wish I had been helpful. Ashamed, he knew he had to put himself to some work. He approached Halith when she looked relaxed, and spoke to her in a quiet voice, "I'm sorry that I was gone for a while. I put the moss near the spring, but is there anything that needs to be done? I can be of help." There was a tameness to Airean's voice, which represented he was clearly shy and uncomfortable, something he had never been.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

user posted imageuser posted image

While Mifoki was eating at the cave, she saw a whole egg that was similar to hers. It was velvety with brown spots. She nudged it a bit and a buzz of affection surged through her snout to the rest of her body. She shivered and warmed the egg with her fur. She instantly had a protective instinct of it. She stood boldly in front of the fuzzy egg, daring anyone to come close.

------------------------------------------

user posted image

Ruscella swam back to the cave. Swimming upstream to the ruins was hard, but this was way easier. She caught some fat fish on the way. On her way inside the small opening in the cave, her flipper-like wing slipped and splashed a strange purple hatchling. Her fish flew everywhere, nearly hitting some hatchlings. Instead of apologizing, she submerged quickly and held her breath.

She was enjoying the most delicious daisies ever...until a huge wave appeared in her dreams and splashed its icy-cold water all over her.

Sparkly Scaler's eyes flew open and she jumped up. "Relax, it was only a dream...," she kept telling herself until she shivered and realised that she actually was drenched. She ran a few steps backwards in surprise, looking at herself. How could she have gotten wet while she was asleep? She caught sight of something moving at the corner of her eye. She turned her head and noticed the spring there for the first time. She also saw the top of a blue hatchling's head disappear under the water but she just thought that it was some sort of blue rock falling from the ceiling. "Oh, so it's just a rock that splashed water on me. It probably fell from the ceiling..." Sparkly Scaler stood there, still shivering from the cold, her tail swishing from side to side. She felt tired. "I think I'll just go back to sleep." Feeling drowsy, she lay down once more, folding up her legs again. She wished that there was something to cover her up as she was still shaking with the ice-cold water. She fell asleep, trembling, and did not hear the sounds of rustling as a strange plant started to grow behind her.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Alla strolled along, in a dream-like state, admiring the last colors of the sky before the sun dissappeared, and left the sky a light black. It was only after she almost fell asleep on her feet that she realized how dark it had become. Alla hurried to the cave, before it became too dark to see anything. She didn't want to sleep inside the cave, along with the other hatchlings. She crept back to the flat rock along with some leaves and grass. She made its surface more comfortable, and lay down. This would be her bed for the night. The forest, as she gazed in the distance, was eery at night. The rock was closer to it than she'd prefer, but sudden exhaustion overwhelmed her, and she slept.

((I sincerely apologize for my long absence from this RP. I will go through the story and my PMs ASAP once I can get on a PC. I'll try to be more active. >.<))

((Oh, Moonbeam, welcome back! Do you need a recap of what happened so far?))

Edited by Darklight

Celestis - Night Glory Drake

Celestis flinched as Halith recoiled from her wound and obediently dipped it into the spring. The cool water flowing around her scales was new to her, and her deep brown eyes widened in surprise. After the debris from her wound had uncoiled itself away from her paw, she stepped out of the water. Celestis was amazed at the sparkling drops still clinging to her dark clinging, glistening like black diamonds. She limped over to Halith, careful not to place her paw on the ground. "Halith, I'm ready", Celestis nudged her shoulder. "Do you think it's okay? What are you going to do?"

(OOC: Oliza, did you miss this?)

(OOC: Oh im sorry. I didnt see that. I came on to tell everyone that i will not be active for the next 2-3 weeks, possibly longer, because my source of internet has been ruined. Itll be extremely rare for me to ever get on so i dont want to make anyone wait on my characters. If theyre needed to help the plot I am okay with someone else using them [i will PM that person] as long as no drastic changes are maded to their bios [i.e. losing a limb, dying, claiming a mate, etc.] I will try to fix my internet ASAP but no promises as to how soon. Sorry. I will alsp place this on my profile. So for now...)

Lance continued to rest.

-=-=-=

Estra looked up at Ferovan. "Im tired. Im gonna go to bed," she said with a yawn. She nudged the rest of the fish towards him and bade him good night as she returned to the cave and curled in a ball to fall asleep, in the same spot she and Ferovan had slept the night before.

Ooc; Poor Oliza, I hope it works out quicker than you're expecting.

Bic; Ferovan watched Estra eat, and was pleased when she seemed to enjoy it. His stomach was still rumbling however, so when she pushed the rest of it towards him he was relieved. He was exhausted, but he sat down to finish the fish while Estra walked back to the cave. Now that his stomach didn't hurt he rose to his feet, grabbing the red food that Estra had picked and began to walk back to the cave. The sun was now below the sky, and in it's place another orb was rising. As Ferovan reached the clearing before the cave, he turned around to look around him. He tilted his head, puzzled, as he looked at the pale orb. It wasn't quite as round as it had been last night. Or is it just my imagination He wondered. His struggled to keep his eyes open, so he turned around and made his way back inside the cave. He placed the red food beside the orange ones before he quietly sat down where he had last night and tucked his head under his wing, sleep greeting him quickly.

<OOC: Welcome back, Moonbeam! biggrin.gif

...Nothing, just felt like welcoming you back. smile.gif By the way, how long will it take for the hatchlings to mature?>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Halith shrugged at Eridana's questions and focused on Celestis, letting the Royal Blue hatchling sleep. "I'm going to make sure there's no infection left and close the wound," Halith replied to Celestis. She touched her nose to the cut and closed her eyes, letting her magic flow inside the cut. She felt the edges of the torn muscle and what remained of the infection, pulsing quietly inside Celestis's paw. She burned the infection away, making sure no part of it was left. This drained a surprising amount of energy. She drew the magic back out slowly and knit Celestis's skin back together. The muscle inside would take longer to heal. She could've healed it completely right then, but knew she didn't have the strength. "There. I've closed it so it won't get infected again, but the muscle still needs to heal. Try to take it easy for a few days." she dipped her head to the hatchling and turned, nearly running into Airean.

She halted, surprised. "I'm sorry that I was gone for a while. I put the moss near the spring, but is there anything that needs to be done? I can be of help," he said shyly. Halith's discomfort had been forgotten as she healed Eridana and Celestis, but it returned when she heard his own shyness. "Could...could you find Mifoki or Ruscella for me? I want to check on their cuts. Meet me by the, um, the spring. In the cave." Her tail flicked in embarrassment. Why was talking to him this hard? Or was she just shy with everyone? She sighed and met his eyes for a moment, then blushed and looked away.

~

Nylaeni followed Malkan from the ground, slightly annoyed that he hadn't waited for her to answer his questions. Oh, well. They were both tired. She found him in the cave and sat next to the bright orange hatchling. "I don't know what we should do about food. Maybe we should call a meeting, like Adrisea tried to? We can organize ourselves into groups based on skill and go hunting - or gathering, I suppose - so that the injured hatchlings can rest." She stopped and glanced at Malkan, eyes dancing. "Only, if I call a meeting, you have to promise not to yell at me." She nudged his shoulder playfully.

~

Seraza watched all the hatchlings get ready to sleep and frowned to herself. She was so full of energy! Why did they have to sleep at night? She snorted. She was going to explore. The black hatchling took off into the night, green eyes glowing softly.

(Edit: Yeah, welcome back, Moonbeam! smile.gif)

Edited by Aquila

Celestis - Night Glory Drake

Celestis's eyes widened in surprise when Halith healed her wound in the blink of an eye. The magic that had flowed into her paw, her veins, felt so welcoming, and she was sorry when Halith backed away, with her wound nearly healed. Celestis sat where she was for a few moments when Halith left, then walked stiffly back towards the water, entranced by it's gentle smoothness. Ever so slowly, Celestis lowered herself into the cool stream, her claws digging into the bottom to fight the flowing water as it tugged her to race along with it, curving swiftly around bends and cascading down to......some place, some place that the hatchlings would have to find, some place that would have more dangers, even more horrifying than the chimeras. With a sigh, Celestis dragged herself out of the water, wondering how the hatchlings were to survive.

(( OOC: I'll be posting in this color for now on. And welcome back, Moonbeam! :3 ))

Ooc;; Hi everyone, sorry to be a bother but I hate being impatient, sadly it is overwhelming me but I'd really love to join this rp and I've sent the application already to moonbeam on the first of April, I believe. I don't know if I should give a rp sample or what to make sure I am qualified to rp here. Again sorry to be a bother to anyone since I'm not yet accepted.

user posted imageuser posted image

Mifoki stood boldly in front of of the egg and watched it, waiting for it to hatch. She could hear soft movements inside and wanted to be the first to meet the new hatchling. Slowly and suddenly, her eyes started drooping. You've got to be awake, idiot! Her impatience and sleepiness were causing her to be disoriented and angry. Her head started to droop, but she hit her face with her paw to keep awake. Suddenly pain throbbed in her wound, making her head start to hurt. Pus was starting to leak out, along with more blood. Her head would burst any second! Finally, she scratched the egg slightly out of frustration. Nothing happened. "Urghh, just hatch already!" she yelled at the egg.

-------------------------------------------

user posted image

Ruscella slowly merged from the pool and crawled out, making the floor wet. The hatchling she splashed was asleep, so she stared at it, observing it. She quickly turned her head at the sudden loud yell of Mifoki and watched her with concern. "It'll hatch soon." she said softly.

((You just have to wait for her to reply, don't worry. Haha, Mifoki is waiting for someone to claim the male hatchling tongue.gif .))

((OOC: I have been swayed! For now I'll be posting in blue and orange, and bolding speech.))

Eriadna slept well, her dreams calm and refreshing. She imagined herself soaring through the air, her wing as if it had never been damaged. Seeing a bird, she chased it, and brought it to the earth. After a quick snack, Eriadna returned to the air, looking for more prey.

~~~~~

Okay, if I must, Malkan replied, in mock sadness. It's a great idea Nylaeni, but I think we might want to wait till morning. Everyone's tired, and it seems that it makes them get annoyed more easily. And look! Some hatchlings are already making piles of food and moss. It seems that we're doing okay even without organization. *yawn* I'm tired, so I'm going to go to sleep. But in the morning, I could help you try and organize the hatchlings, I'm good at that sort of thing. Goodnight, Nylaeni. Malkan lay down, rested his head on his front legs, and slept where he once stood.

Ooc;; That sounds gross lol. Anyways my hatchling is a Gray Dragon and is a female, I will try to be more patient. I just hope Moonbeam get's on a computer soon. Can't wait to rp here ^^.

(OOC: @vallay111: What's sounds so gross? I couldn't find an inkling of said material)

user posted image

Airean heard Halith's request of the two hatchlings. He prepared to search around, trying to make a good impression to the others. He thought, If I can find these two, I know they'll have more faith in me... So imagine Airean's suprise when he saw Mifoki in front of an egg, already in the cave. He couldn't have been more than twenty feet away from Airean and Halith. He also saw the Tsunami again, placed right by the Pillow. He hadn't learned her name yet, but was sure she was Ruscella, the dragon Halith had mentioned.

He walked up to the two, and spoke to them. "Hello you two! Halith, the hatching right there, wants to see you both to check on injuries. If you could, please follow me to the hot spring to meet her.". There was a bit of sarcasm in his voice, and an unavoidable grin plastered his face. The job was so easy, it seemed like a joke to Airean. He felt in high spirits again, transitioning from unusual shyness to a playful mood.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Alla slept soundly for awhile. She recuperated, and recovered energy for the next day. She was occasionally awoken by the gentle whispering of hatchlings nearby, but quickly returned back to her slumber. Unknowingly, she rolled across the surface of the rock, and bumped her head against the ground. Alla was very cross. It was deep into the night. She fumbled around, finding the rock once more. Most of the grass and leaves have been swept off. The cool surface wasn't what she preferred the most, and she had a hard time falling back into sleep. A soft rustling from the forest caught her attention. When she looked up, there were eyes. A pair of menacing, red eyes. Staring right at her, with the look of a hunter eyeing their prey. She scrambled up, but when she blinked, they were gone. Just a hallucination. Alla shut her eyes, and fell into an uneasy sleep.

{Ooc;; @Bacon Strips: The part when Mifoki began to have pus and blood leak out from her head wound.}

Ruscella tilted her head in confusion of the sarcasm in his voice. Her eyes were still burning from the pollution of the water. "Okay." She replied to the blusang. She was a little wary of him because of the aloofness the hatchling seemed to possess. She watched him carefully as they walked over to the spring. She looked at Halith affectionately as she saved her life. "My eyes are burning, Halith." She told her friend.

---------------------------------------------

Mifoki watched the hatchling walk up to them and gave a warm smile. "Hello you two! Halith, the hatching right there, wants to see you both to check on injuries. If you could, please follow me to the hot spring to meet her.". "Okay." She strided gently towards the spring, watching Airean uneasily as he had a grin on his face. "-Oops!" She tripped and fell, almost gently, on him. "Sorry." She blushed of embarrassment and continued walk beside him, looking down. They reached their destination. "Hello Halith!" She greeted happily. "I think I may have an infection." She swayed out of dizziness and quickly caught her balance.

Edited by Onixthebunny1