Moonbeam22

CLOSED

She heard her name being said several times far from where she was at, but jump when she heard her name being said close to her. She turned and saw the dragon that had been injured in the cave and smiled, only to frown as she watched the dragon collapsed to the ground asleep. Without hesitating V ran over to the dragon, stumbling a bit as she did, and stood next to her, nudging her gently.

"Hey, are you okay? Wake up." she said, hoping the little dragon would wake up.

Unfortunately after trying several times to wake her up, V gave up and sat down next to her, putting her wing over her to try and keep her warm as a cool breeze nipped at V, making her shiver.

( xd.png her curiosity is gonna get her in a lot of trouble )

Edited by AuraX13

user posted image

During his dream, Airean went into a dark void that sucked him in and spun him around, making him nauseous and disorientated. It then froze up and was smashed right under him, sending him plummeting into a vast hole, where he saw all kinds of lights and writings he could not understand.

Then he was back in his egg. He heard no sound, but smashed it up anyways to see he was the only one in the cave. He turned around, looking for dragons, but found none. Then the ground behind him opened up, as he flew as fast as he could away from it. He heard the sound of the waterfall, and rushed over to it. There he saw the Tsunami hatchling, drowing in the water, but he couldn't reach her. The water froze to solid ice, and the waterfall turned into a sharp icicle that pierced his wings. Helpless and dying, he saw Adri murmuring to herself.

Then the sky turned red and black berries began falling from the sky. Each one crushed the land it hit, and shattered parts of the earth. There he heard the sound of a lost hatchling crying for help. There he saw it's eyes, and everything turned dark again.

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis fluttered around in confusion when she heard Tike's voice. Where was he? She could hear his voice, but Tike was no where to be seen. Celestis glanced at the direction where she had last seen him, and noticed a small trail of cracked twigs and leaves that had been brushed from side to side. Maybe Tike went that way, she thought. Those twigs must've snapped under his claws and those leaves could have been moved by his tail. Celestis stepped towards the entrance to the forest and adjusted her eyes to the darkness. There's another cracked twig! And there's a foot print! As she marveled at her ability to see in the darkest hours of the night, Celestis heard uncertain, unsteady footsteps and claws scraping against a tree. She raced forward and called out, "Tike! Are you there? Just stay where you are!"

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Eriadna was almost ready to fall asleep lie the others, when she saw Tike and Celestis leave the cave. Great, Eriadna announced Now Celestis and Tike are going to have a hard time coming back. I'll try to find them, since I can see well in the dark, but please, only try to find us if we're gone for more than 15 minutes, okay? We shouldn't have any more hatchlings leaving the cave. Eriadna walked out of the cave, and waited for a moment as her eyes adjusted. Much better. I can't see color like I could with that big orb in the sky, but at least I can see. There was nothing immediately nearby, so she decided to go the the forest's edge. If they went here, there's bound to be a trail, right? Hey! Look! A snapped twig! Eriadnalooked around for another sign that someone had gone here. She found one, and from there, the path that they had taken. After walking for a minute or two, she found Celestis. Celestis! Eriadna called, go back to the cave! It's dark out, and we don't another hatchling to get lost. I can see really well in the darkness though, I guess it's my species. You do know how to get back, right?

~~~~~

Malkan was tired. After the fight with Adri, and his failed attempt at reconciliation, he decided to go to sleep. If she doesn't want to listen to the problems we have, that's on her. *yawn*. Well, I guess I should go to sleep. Rest up for tomorrow. Malkan walked over to the soft sand near the pool, and lay down. He promtly fell asleep, and his dreams were strange indeed.

Edited by Shibadruid

Celestis ~ Night Glory Drake

Celestis laughed as Eriadna approached, lecturing them to get back to the cave immediately. "Don't worry Eriadna! I'm a Night Glory, I can see pretty well in the dark too. I just didn't know if Tike could see. His trail was really unsteady, from the looks of his footprints and the cracked twigs." She paused, dodging a tree limb that was in her way while guiding Tike around it, too. "Let's get back together, it would be so much easier, without having to worry about losing someone else."

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Oh, yeah! Eriadna chuckled. I was so scared that someone else could get lost that I forgot about that! And you're right, two pairs of eyes are better than one. Eriadna led the way back, while making sure that Tike didn't run into anything or wander off again. After a few minutes, Eriadna could see the cave ahead. Finally back in its relative safety, she said. Okay, I think that's everyone. I'm going to sleep. If anyone gets lost, don't expect me to come running to help. Eriadnalay down, and closed her eyes. Even though I'm nocturnal, I still need sleep occaisonally, Eriadna thought. After a few minutes, she fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Tike was relieved when he was found by Celestis and Eriadna. He had caused more problems in his unsuccessful attempt to solve one. He allowed himself to be guided by the Night Glory, and soon, they'd reached the cave.

"Thanks," he mumbled, a bit embarrassed. "Has V been found yet? Sorry if I caused more trouble."

Alla silently followed Ruscella as she went into the forest, concerned about her wound. Alla was about to shuffle back to the cave when she saw that V had been found by Ruscella. She turned back, and saw that Ruscella had collapsed. She wanted to do something, but was aware of her sudden exhaustion, and couldn't wait to enjoy a nice relaxing sleep. But she shook herself awake, and noticed V shivering by Ruscella. It was a cold night. They shouldn't sleep out there, exposed to the wind. Alla yawned, then felt a pile of unused leaves, moss, and grass by her feet. She didn't know how they would help. She closed her eyes, and felt her paws move. She was woken by a chilly wind blowing against her back. And before her was a strange looking blanket like thing fashioned out of those materials. She looked at it, unsure of how she did it. But Alla was more exhausted than ever, for some reason. Her mind was unclear, and she could not think at all. She yawned again, and placed the thing by V and Ruscella, whispered few words to them that she could not remember, then stumbled back into the cave, leaving a trail behind her, where she collapsed into a deep sleep.

Edited by Darklight

(OOC: Ruscella the Tsunami Wyvern got stabbed by an as yet unidentified entity after eating a mysterious berry but was subsequently healed by Halith the White Dragon; Adrisea had a little two-line fight with Malkan; and a Tri-Horn Hatchling named V unwisely wandered out of the cave and into the night, causing half the hatchlings to begin an extremely disorganized search for her.)

Edited by Aquila

((OOC: And V was found, right? Just making sure. Everything that has happened is confusing me bit.))

(OOC: From what I understand, little V stumbled her way into a grassy clearing where she curled up with Ruscella [who, despite having just been stabbed, decided to go for a midnight stroll] because they were both freezing. Alla [a Magi Hatchling] accidentally/on purpose created a blanket out of leaves to keep the two hatchlings warm, and returned to the cave. So Alla, Nylaeni, Halith, Malkan and Airean are sleeping in/near the cave; V and Ruscella are sleeping in a clearing; Celestis, Eridana, and Tike are returning to the cave together, and Lance is/was trying to get Adrisea to light the way for the now defunct search party. Oh, how I wish we had an OOC Thread.)

Edited by Aquila

The tri-horn looked at the trail the dragon had left, smiling a bit. She got up and pulled the make shift blanket off, laying it flat on the ground, then carefully nudged the dragon that was with her onto the blanket. After making sure the dragon was fully on the blanket, V grabbed part of the blanket using her mouth, hating the taste but focused on pulling the dragon back to the cave by following the trail.

She had to be careful while pulling the blanket, tugging and pulling inch by inch, trying to avoid tearing it apart as she pulled. The cool air would stop a few times only to come back up and blow in a different direction. It made her whole body shiver but she stayed focused on getting the dragon back to the cave.

V couldn't help but growl at herself. "My own stupid curiosity...causing trouble for everyone else..." she hissed. "Never again..."

(OOC: Halith is a White Dragon; Nylaeni is a Golden Wyvern. I also have a Black named Seraza, but she'll hatch in the morning. I need to PM Moonbeam because I think she forgot to add my characters to the list.)

Edited by Aquila

Gysentia watched as the two she was talking to went off to sleep. She wasn't sure why she wasn't more tired. Maybe it was because she hadn't done much today. She shrugged to herself and wandered around the cave, she could hear chatter about a missing hatchling, and she watched as several hatchlings went wandering after it. Settling herself down just inside the entrance she watched as three came back. Gysentia's blue eyes lit up. One was as little as she was! She heard him ask about the missing hatchling, V as he called her. Gysentia walked over to the other hatchling, tilting her head curiously. "I'm Gysentia. The hatchling hasn't come back yet, but I'm sure she'll be fine." She told him, her little mouth opening in a yawn.

Edited by Katedj

user posted image

After his nightmare, Airean woke up. He saw the dark midnight sky and felt like sleeping, but he chose not to.

Instead, he walked around. He noticed most of the dragons were sleeping, and he didn't want to disturb them, so he headed off to the stream. Instead of flying, he decided to "slither" across the ground, due to his lack of hind legs.

He made it all the way back to the waterfall, which looked more radiating and beautiful than ever. The color of the soft rock was an unnatural purple neon, which was striking. He felt comfortable here. He wanted some time alone. Who are my friends? Do I have friends? Can I trust anyone? I'm so unsure of anything right now... He didn't want to admit it, but he needed sleep. So he went to a small platform coming out of the rock, and fell asleep peacefully for the first time, dreaming of chasing after fish and playing in the water.

"Oh, that's great!" Tike said, to the hatchling who had walked over to him. From the light emmiting from a new circle in the sky, Tike could see that the hatchling was a light orange, and surprisingly small compared to the rest. Just like he was! He realized that there were almost no hatchlings the same size as him. "My name's Tike," he told her. "What's yours?"

Gysentia blinked, apparently he hadn't caught her name the first time. "Nice to meet you Tike. I'm Gysentia." She replied smoothly. "I hope that I get wings someday. I think flying would be a lot of fun. I wonder if you can even get wings if you weren't born with them." She mused aloud. "What do you think?"

In her sleep, Halith felt Ruscella nuzzle her. She smiled slightly and rolled over without waking up.

~

Nylaeni had had several hours of sleep before the sound of other dragons shifting woke her. She blinked and raised her head, surveying the cave. Several dragons surrounded her, sides rising and falling as they breathed softly. Halith had rolled onto her back. Gysentia and another small dragon were talking softly. Nylaeni got up and quietly picked her way to the entrance of the cave. She tilted her head up. The night sky was beautiful, full of glittering stars. A lovely silver orb hung low in the sky, and the first pale streaks of dawn had started to appear over the horizon. Dawn. What a pretty word, thought Nylaeni, wondering at their almost instictive use of language. She sighed happily and curled up at the mouth of the cave, falling alseep once again.

(ooc: I think disfunctional is an understatement. I don't even know whats happening anymore. But since the hatchling is already coming back...)

Lance waited for the thunder hatchling to respond, but heard some rustling coming from nearby. He turned to his right to see a hatchling coming towards the cave, pulling another hatchling on a blanket. He could only assume it was the missing hatchling: V. He ran over to them, "Need some help?" He grabbed an edge of the blanket and began helping pull V back towards the cave.

-=-=-=

As morning approached, Estra began to dream of her days adventures. She stirred from time to time, mainly to roll over or scratch her side. She slept soundly for most of the duration of the night, but could subconsciously begin herself to rise.

Edited by Wyvern_Oliza

Ooc; Hmm, Do you guys know if Fell is normal fire?

Bic;

Ferovan slept soundly, barely moving throughout the night. He was having a dreamless sleep, until it started getting closer to morning. He was back in the darkness of his egg, feeling a bit stiff. He wondered how this had happened, and knocked his head against it. It didn't even crack. He gave it a good solid kick, and to his relief he saw a little nick in the corner. He kicked until his shell opened once again, only this time he was the first one out of his egg. Everyone else was sleeping soundly. He wandered around, when a sudden noise behind him made him whirl around. It was a huge animal, bright orange and black with teeth and a low growl that made Ferovan tremble. It batted him across the cave, and when he hit the wall he turned towards it with a hiss. He felt the heat within him surge and when the terrifying creature came close again the heat flew out of his mouth at the large creature. Ferovan woke up with a start, looking around the cave wildly. He could feel his heart racing, and he noticed that the heat within him was strong and steady today. He let out a sigh of relief, glad that the cave was still safe.

(I believe 'Fell' means things along the lines of 'Fierce, cruel, deadly, savage,' in this situation. Or something along those lines. And @Wyvern Oliza: I said 'defunct' not disfunctional, lol.)

Edited by Aquila

(ooc: Whats defunct? I thought you were trying to type 'disfunctional' but just forgot the last few letters.)

Estra continued to sleep until she heard someone moving near her. She lazily woke up and saw Ferovan wide awake as she groaned. "Why are you awake so early?" She yawned as she lifted her head and saw him almost scared. "What's wrong?" She asked as she began to stretch.

Edited by Wyvern_Oliza

Ooc; So in the Hellfire Wyv. description it says they are filled with 'fell, an inner flame.' So it's a fierce/deadly flame?

Bic;

"There was a monster in the cave." Ferovan yawned, the last traces of sleep beginning to leave him. Most of the hatchlings still looked gray the light was so dim, but he was beginning to see traces of color again. "It was huge. And I think that it might even be real." He added seriously, looking at Estra. He spread his wings, it felt good to stretch them. He glanced over at them, and noticed that the markings were brighter today, which pleased him.

"What kind of monster?" She asked as she finished stretching. "But it was just a dream right? Monsters in the cave..." she looked around. "I don't know, that just seems like it can't happen." Estra would admit. The idea of a monster getting in the cave put her on her toes. What could they do to fight it off? Where could all of them run? Afterall, the cave was pretty much all they knew.