lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Sam tilted his head, expression becoming solemn. "I.. I want you to, believe me. I just don't know how to help you," he mumbled, sinking down in his chair once more. He couldn't even help himself.

Maddi looked up at him hopefully. "We could go see a hypnotist or something! Like a a real one. They can get memories back, right? I think I read it from a book somewhere..." She said, hugging her knees to her chest.

"If it'll help," Sam answered, keeping his face carefully blank. Inside he wilted- if she got her memories back, she probably wouldn't want to be with him anymore. She'd have family or friends maybe, and she'd escape to go to them. And then.. Well, no one would stop him then.

"You're serious?!" Maddi asked. "Like, for real? No joke? You'll really help me?!" Was this seriously happening? Would she get her memories back? Would she even like them, though? What if they weren't good ones? Maddi shook the thoughts from her mind, all memories were good, tight? The defined you. Didn't they?

Sam made himself smile at her, because she seemed too happy for him not to. "Of course. you're my friend, I'm going to help you," he answered, standing up and stretching. "But not right now. Bed right now. I'm tired."

((That would be amazing. Also the long posts are fine. I'm just more comfortably a short poster but I can do long ones.))

Gray

"Come on let's get out of here." He spoke softly. His smile was warm and welcoming hopefully enough to show her that he was nice.

(How do you think that could happen?)

Horror set her heart pounding, blood rushing to her ears making her dizzy. The voice of her new master seemed so far off, so distant, yet years of conditioning had her body automatically move out of the cage. Heavy manacles clink together in dull rings as she struggles to get out, malnutrition and injuries weakening her body and chains throwing her off balance. Still, she eventually stands before him, eyes to the ground, head bowed submissively, trembling not from fear, but from exertion.

Will he be cruel? Will he lock me in? Will he let me go outside? I'd like that. I... enjoy... is that the word? Enjoy? The feeling of wanting it, wanting to stay, a lifting of spirits? Yes, I think that's the word. I enjoy being outside. I... it... it feels... I want... It makes me want to fly.

Her new master spoke, voice soft and edged with a strange tone that made her feel... warm. Odd. So different to him. He spoke loudly, sharply, ever edged with anger. His temper, lashing out at whoever was near, usually her, it made her feel cold. This man was different. His voice, his tone, the difference made her confused. She titled her head up till she could see his face. Grey eyes met blank purple, a strange soft expression in the grey. Black hair framed his face in spikes, giving him a roguish boyish look. His face was lifted in a soft way, lips curving upwards in a expression she'd rarely seen, and never directed at her. A smile. He gave her a smile.

Is that... is that... is that really a... a... a smile? It looks so warm. Bright. It makes me feel. It makes me feel something. An emotion. Warmth. It's... I've... I can't remember feeling this way before.

Astonishment shone in her eyes, an expression flitting across her face in a rare show of emotion. It transformed her, making her seem innocent, childlike; making her seem her years instead of the silent unemotional robot she'd been. She stood, unmindful of her blood dripping from her wounds, unmindful of her cracked ribs, thinking only of the smile Gray gave her.

(Waaah! Now i really hate Baikeko! That jerk! That such a common things like sunlight, smiles and emotions are so foreign to her makes me so mad! I don't know why I'm tormenting poor Inaseiko so much! By the way, if you think Inaseiko's reactions and thoughts are strange, she hasn't felt any positive emotions or had any directed at her since her enslavement.)

Edited by MidoriRai

Maddi jumped up and hugged him tightly. "You're amazing. You really are, you know that? Not just because you're helping me." She said as she squeezed him.

((chicbecause, Ella, and co., are still in the same day at supper time. Also, if it helps, the last time we saw them, Leon was heading to his room and Zeke was cleaning… smile.gif ))

Despite the girl’s assurance that Alec would be well tended, Isabeth wasn’t mollified and she was about to demand that he be taken to the hospital instead – Well, that and that her hands be untied and she be released. However, before she could say anything, the girl continued speaking, and Isabeth was so stunned by what was said that for a moment all she could do was stare at this Kinlea gaping. “I beg your pardon?!” she said in an incredulous tone. “A-are you saying that you think Capulet and I are engaged?! An-and do you really think that after this I have any interest in getting to know you…? WOW lady…you’re nuts.”

Sam staggered a half step at the sudden embrace, but slowly he hugged her back. It was difficult not to burst into tears again, but he forced himself to be strong. "I'm really not. But you're welcome," he replied.

Kinlea chuckled. "I seem to have misinformed you. I wasn't dating him for love. I was carrying out an investigation. Our family here-" she gestured to her goons. Mobs apparently mean family to her. "We take out impurities in the Royal bloodline. Half-slaves if you would." She spat out the word as if it were something nasty. On paper, it appears he has royal bloodlines, but his appearance and history "disagrees. I simply needed proof. I messed that up and face my own consequences. Now I need a replacement. I suppose you will do. If you do, I assure you, you will have the entirety of the respect for my family's name behind the Vairmont's." She smiled. It was almost crocodile-like.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Isabeth was still shaken by the whole ordeal, and so didn’t catch the mafia reference when Kinlea spoke of her family. If he had, she would have realized just how serious the situation was and might have agreed just as an excuse to escape. As it was, she wasn’t able to think that clearly, and she said the first thing that came to mind, “So you want me to do your dirty work for you? Unbelievable,” she muttered as she rolled her eyes. “I don’t do dirty work. We have slaves for that, or if we have to, we hire someone to do it. Maybe you should have tried that instead of having me kidnapped.” For emphasis on the last word, she held up her still bound hands

Kinlea seemed unamused. "Look. I don't think you understand the gravity of your situation." She made the bonds tighter. "You will." She growled.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

((Please don’t take this as just correcting grammar, but rather asking for clarification. Based on context, I’m guessing you meant gravity of the situation, not levity?))

When Kinlea reached for the rope, Isabeth had actually been expecting her to untie her, so she was surprised when the rope was instead jerked tighter. “OW!” she yelped as she tried to take a step back only to bump into the bag man who was standing right behind her. Glancing to the man with renewed fear as he put his hands on her shoulders, she looked back to Kinlea and said, “Look, whatever your grudge against Capulet, I wish you luck…really, but…but it would be bad for Daddy’s business if I were to be involved.” Yeah, she thougt, that sounds reasonable.

(Asefghjkl yeah, I just messed up.)

A dark smiled passed over her face. "I believe you'll find the opposite to be true. It will be good for your daddy's business were to be involved, and bad for you're dad's business if you are not."

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Isabeth trembled at the smile that Kinlea gave her, and she was thinking more and more that this girl truly was insane. Fortunately, if there was one thing she was sure of, it was that these people couldn’t touch her father’s business. Of course, they shouldn’t have been able to touch her either, but she was chalking that one up to just dumb luck on their part. She was about to tell her that her father did not do business with crazy people, but then she remembered that he used to say that the trick was to tell them you’d think about it but never get back to them. “You know,” she said instead, “y-you have given me a lot to think about, but this isn’t a decision to be made lightly. Why don’t you bring Alexander back out and we’ll go home, and…and I’ll give your offer the uh… thought that it deserves?”

((I’m guessing Alec was brought somewhere to be tended to? unsure.gif ))

"How cute." She giggled. The goons treating Amec's wounds brought him back in and laughed to. "How like a Vairmont. Thinking seems to take an awfully long time for the unintelligent. Fortunately for you, this isn't a choice. But since you're so cute and innocent, I'll let you in on a secret." She got close.

"All of that technology your daddy's business uses? Who do you think made all of that software? Why do you think your computer says. Compulet on it? Tybalt's dad made it. And Tybalt reaps everyone of those royalties every time his software is updated or reinstalled. Imagine how much money your father will have once his slave liniage is revealed? All of those royalties will have to be repaid. That's quite a chunk of cash..."

As Alec was brought in, Isabeth gave him a good look to make sure he was actually treated well, but then they started to laugh at her and her cheeks flushed in anger. First they kidnap me then they make fun of me? She was about to demand what Kinlea meant about it not being a choice, but before she could say anything about it, the other girl moved closer and Isabeth instinctively tried to back away again. She had actually forgotten about the bag man until he slightly tightened his grip on her shoulders which caused her to freeze once more.

As Kinlea continued to talk, Isabeth found herself still not seeing how any of this affected her, and she quite frankly didn’t really care. Still, she could see how her father might be interested, so she thought for a moment and then said, “Tell you what, I’ll let Daddy know and he’ll take care of everything. So you see, there’s no need for me to get involved, so we’ll just be on our way. We’ll need a ride ba-“ She had tried to shrug off the hands on her shoulders and start moving to the door, but the bag man just tightened his grip even more. The grip wasn’t painful but it did have her fighting the urge to panic as she was held in place.

"Your daddy isn't a girl. His house is fortified. You think we haven't tried to take care of it ourselves? We need a pretty young thing to get under his skin. The most information we have is what I gathered while we were dating." She said it like she was hurting. Perhaps she did still wan to date him... But she betrayed him. There was no hope now. "You can report your information to Alec." One of the men scanned a chip in his arm. "We've activated the recording abilities inside them. As long as you report to him, nothing bad will happen to you or your family. Otherwise..." She simply smiled again.

When Rachel dished her a plate, Ella gave her an appreciative smile. However, she then started thinking about Tybalt’s questions, and became lost in thought until Tybalt said her name. With a small shake of her head, she said, “Oh, forgive me Sir, I’m fine. I was jus-“ Don’t say thinking! “We were given oatmeal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and typically a stew of some sort for supper. Although, there were a couple times when there was some meat about to go bad, so it was given to us. Ka-the cook made it into meatloaf because she said it was the best way to spread it out.” She had noticed that Rachel seemed a little uncertain about whether or not they were supposed to eat with Tybalt, and to be honest she was apprehensive as well, but he had seemed to indicate with the noodles that they were. Still, could she have misinterpreted…? Figuring that it was too late to undo the potential mistake, they’d just have to wait until he gave them permission to eat to find out.

But I did... unsure.gif

(I AM SUCH A TURD I AM SO SORRY.)

Tybalt grinned at the two. "Why aren't you eating...?" He questioned. Ella and Rachel wouldn't poison him...

Seeing as Tybalt wanted them to, Rachel began to cut her meat, taking a bite and obviously relishing the taste of real food. "We.. We werent sure," she answered softly. "We weren't sure you wanted us to."

"It's fine. Just always make enough for three~" he smiled. "That cook seems nice. The one that made meatloaf."