lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

"Hmmm?" He asked, just swishing the bottle around in his hand that was hanging off the bed. He was laying on the edge the bed on his side, facing the door. He hadn't even opened it yet. "Is there something wrong already?"

Entering the room, Ella’s shoulders slumped slightly when eye landed on the bottle in his hand. Only that I’ve failed, she thought as she dropped her head in shame. “Please forgive me, Sir,” she said quietly, and as she stood there waiting for her punishment, she tried to figure out what she should have done instead.

"Hey...?" He looked confused and sat up, putting the bottle down on the nightstand. "What happened, are one if you hurt?"

“N-no Sir,” Ella stammered without looking up, “W-we’re fine, but…but I’ve failed you…” she tensed her shoulders as her head dropped even lower, “again.”

"Huh? How?" He looked really confused, before noticing he had been caught. "Oh... Oh sorry. I hadn't even opened it, Ell. Just thinking about it." He got up and hugged her. "You're alright."

Despite Tybalt’s words, Ella was still somewhat expecting to be punished, or perhaps thinking that she should be, so her shoulders didn’t relax when he hugged her. “Forgive my stupidity, Sir,” she once again spoke quietly, “but I d-don’t understand how I could be when I have failed my primary duty.” And I don’t know how to not do it again! She added silently.

"Er…" He didn't really know how to console her. "Um… you caught me. OH no. Guess you haven't failed." He handed her the bottle. Maybe that's why she was sad. "You stopped me. Go…" he pretended to punch her arm. "You." He was terribly awkward.

Ella took the bottle when it was handed to her, but looked at it with confusion as she tried to figure out how it could be that she didn’t fail, and whether or not he was ordering her to go. “Forgive me, Sir,” she said, and her voice revealed her confusion, “but I still don’t understand. Your orders were to ‘keep you out of the winery’. So…?” She trailed off with a small shake of her head.

"I hadn't started drinking yet. You caught me." He tried a smile, but it wavered. "What did you need?"

“Yes, Sir, forgive me,” Ella said quickly, and then she took a deep breath to get her thoughts back on track. “Uh, Rachel was wondering what vegetables you’d like with dinner.” Waiting for his answer, she reminded herself to be sure to thank Rachel for her help.

He looked disappointed at such an unimportant thing. "Anything she can find. I don't mind." He shrugged. He still wanted to be numb... He could actually nap... But then he would wake up sad again.

At the look he gave, Ella’s shoulders dropped a bit again. She couldn’t help but think that there was something she should do, but she couldn’t think of anything that would likely do any good. “I’ll let Rachel know, Sir,” she said, and while part of her cautioned to leave it at that, she decided to risk his anger and with sincerity in her tone, she asked, “But first, what do you need me to do, Sir?”

"Right, so I was hired to get rid of some pirates by a shipping company in Japan. And I had finally tracked down where their ship would be docking next. So after the plane to whatever city we were going to, and after searching around on the docks, I had boarded the ship and was placing the devices! (The devices blow up the ship, by the way)... (Also, I'm skipping the boring parts because... they're boring.) So as I was placing the third device (I had five) the crew came back aboard the ship. And I was dumb and thought 'Screw it all, I've only got like, two more devices left! I can put them on before they set sail!' Long story short - I couldn't. So I was trapped on sea with a terrible case of sea-sickness and surrounded by ugly, mean, smelly pirates!" Maddi had gotten off the chair and was now standing in the middle of the floor pretending to be surrounded by ugly, mean, smelly pirates. "When one of the pirates - this one has a wooden leg, I don't know if pirates still have those, but this one did - rushes forward with a pirate sword, thingy! I spin around and try to dodge but since I have sea sickness he slashes me across the back! I strike back with my own sword thingy and cut his wooden leg off! Unbalancing him and sending him tumbling into the ocean blue! That's when the other pirates decide to attack, and since they have a thing for tradition, also slice me across the back! Stunned by pain I feel to my knees - " Here she fell to her knees. " - and a pirate with a nifty hat put his sword to my neck and said "You are one stupid bi-" before I interrupted him and said something clever that I can't remember.... Anyway! I jumped back to my feet and sliced the guy's throat! -" She jumped up and pretended to slice a guy's throat with a sword. "- Before running as fast as I could back to the Captain's room where I had placed the trigger earlier. (It was one of the parts I skipped) Unfortunately, with my back to the pirates they got me a bit more on my back. Finally I reached the captain's room and ya' know what I did?" Maddi asked him, still pretending she had just reached the captain's room and had her back to the wall like it was a door she was trying to keep shut.

"Yeah, I guess so..." Leon said with a shrug. "I'll be in my room." He added, exiting and going to his room. He wondered if he should get a new place if Ella was going to be a frequent visitor. Then she could have her own room.

"I'll give you 100." The bald man said to the Seller, with a very obstinate expression on his face.

((I spent all my imagination points on Maddi's post... Sorry guys.))

Ella had been hoping for him to tell her what to do, so when he silently hugged her instead, it wasn’t what she had expected. Standing still for a moment, she then did something that scared her to even think about doing…she returned his hug. Then, remembering the times when her mother had comforted her, she moved to gently rest her hand on the back of his head. She wasn’t sure why she did it when she knew she’d probably get into trouble, but she just felt it needed to be done.

Tybalt felt her hugging him back and he smiled a little, an actual smile, from over her shoulder. It was nice to have someone care about you for a little bit, even if they had to. Ella seemed sincere though, and that was something entirely new. He laid his head on her shoulder for a bit, and the pat her shoulder before leaning away. "Th-… thanks." He had started to cry.

Sam certainly came awake when she started acting out her story. A small smile came to his lips as he watched and listened with rapt attention. "What did you do next?" He asked, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees and watch her move about some more.

"I got locked in." Maddi answered. "They locked me in there, and the Captain didn't mind because I had killed him earlier. (Another boring part.)"

"Wouldn't you have starved?" Sam asked, tilting his head to one side. Well, at least she'd have a stash of rum. If he was that kind of captain. Maybe he should be a pirate.. If they had coke to mix with the rum of course.

"That was most certainly their plan!" Maddi said, sliding down to sit in front of the door. "Untill they got bored of it and after a day without food or water they simply started shooting the door!" Maddi ducked and rolled away from the 'door'. " I searched all around the room for something to defend myself with before I spied the trigger! Which, in my dismay of being locked in, I had forgotten. So I snuck back up to the door while they were reloading and yelled 'Hey! Listen up!' and they yelled 'You still alive?' So I was like: 'Sure am! Listen up!' then they said: 'Why?'" Maddi continued to act out her part as she crouched beside the bit of the wall she had dubbed the door. "And then I was confused for a second, because I didn't know why they should listen to me since we were both only waiting around to kill eachother."

Alec

He was terrified. All he could think was the worst. As he struggled to get free he was taken into the van and they drove away. He was struggling and trying to get out of the rope they tied him up with. Of course this little weakling couldn't break through. "Isabeth." He mumbled. "Are you alright?" At this time he didn't care about the order to not speak. "Shut up!" One of the guys yelled. He did as the guy screamed. Hopefully we'll both get out alive. He thought frantically. He still squirmed around in the death tightening ropes and the guy started to yell again. "You better stop the before we kill you boy." Then the one that seemed to be the leader spoke. "We aren't going to kill them. We need them." He chuckled a bit. Need us for what? He thought nervously.

Sam leaned back slightly as she rolled past him, a faint smile still on his face. He'd forgotten about the drink beside him. "Well, because they had no choice of course," he replied, scooting back in his seat.

For a moment, Ella was afraid that she’d overstepped her bounds way too far, but when he put his head on her shoulder, she knew that she’d done the right thing. When he started to pull away, she brought her arm down, and looking toward him, she wasn’t surprised to see tears. “You’re welcome, Sir,” she said with a small smile, but then she wasn’t sure what to do next. The only things she could think to do or ask would have only served to shatter the moment, and probably make him upset again. Thus, she felt it best to wait for him to make the next move.

~~~~~~~

Frozen in terror, Isabeth didn’t notice when the man released her mouth and started to tie her up. However, the sound of her name being spoken snapped her back to reality. She was dimly aware that they had taken Alec as well, but her mind could only focus on one concern. “You can’t do this to me,” she said, and her tone was a mixture of fear and haughtiness, “I’m a Vairmont!”

“Did you consider that that might be why we’re doing this? Now shut up!” The man in front of her said.

Realizing that he was actually tying her up, she started to struggle as she said, “Get your hands off o-“ Her words were cut off when the man gave her an open-handed slap on the cheek. She had never been struck before, so the slap shocked into silence.

“I said. Shut. Up,” the man said, and then when he was finished with the rope, he grabbed a roll of duct tape. Tearing off a strip of tape, he tossed the roll to one of the others as he said, “Gag ‘em, and bag ‘em.”

“But I’m a Vairm-,” Isabeth said weakly before the tape was put on her mouth, and with tears running down her cheeks, she could only watch in horror as a bag was put over her head. She heard the man scoff as he made her lie down on the filthy floor, and after a token struggle against the ropes, she gave a muffled sob as she went still. I want my Daddy.

Alec

Alec could tell Isabeth was in fear. "You have no right to treat a lady like that!" He yelled. "Shut up." He said getting annoyed. "No. Release us!" He shouted. "If you don't be quiet I aware I will harm you to the point while you're barely alive and can only feel pain." He threatened. "Like you have the courage to do that." Alec told the man. "Oh really." He chuckled a bit. The man grabbed a whip and slashed Alec across the face then arm. From his fore head to his chin it was dripping blood and his arm was spilling it on the floor. "I thought so." He said when Alec went silent. The blood acted as tears as he was still sitting there. "Sir what should we do now?" The man with the whip asked.

"Sorry." He said quickly and backed away. "Um… I think I'm going to sleep now." He just stood there for a second, before he made his way back to the bed and curled up.

<><><><><><><>

Kinlea rolled her fingers as her calling party picked up the phone. "Yes?" A guy grunted. She sighed. "I have a joke for you." She purred. The guy was quiet, knowing better than to respond. "How long does it take COMPLETE IDIOTS to kidnap a blonde." She growled. The guy hesitated. "S-she's not exactly a blonde. Maybe more of a dirty bl-" "SHUT UP!" She snarled. "If she doesn't get to my house in less than an hour, I SWEAR I'll chop off a nut for every minute you're late." She hung up. That ought to get them there quicker.

The man turned to the owner of the whip. "We have to get them to the boss' house."

Edited by lycrawaterz14