lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Rachel scuffed the floor with her toe. "Well sir.. you did promise that I could cook," she said softly, head bowed because she was nervous about speaking out of turn.

Ella didn’t know how to respond when Tybalt asked if it was bad, so at Rachel’s comment about having eaten worse, Ella simply nodded in agreement. Of course, she wasn’t going to add that those times were rather few.

"I just didn't want to stress you any more than nessesary. I guess you can feel free to make something else..." He shrugged.

Rachel look up hesitantly, because she really didn't want him to be unhappy about it. "I find cooking to be relaxing, it's what I know best. Please sir, may I?" She asked. She didn't want to offend him but these noodles were bad.

"Yeah, sure, I mean have at it... If it'll help you relax that's even more of a plus." He looked sheepish. "Don't hurt yourself or anything..."

Rachel brightened immensely. "Thank you sir," she said quickly, resisting the urge to run up and hug him. "What would you like for dinner?"

"Um... Whatever you'd like? I don't have much supplies." Tybalt shrugged. "I think there's some meat in the freezer..."

Thorne looked up gently and green eyes can be seen. She looked back to her feet quickly and stayed quiet. The young girl was always quiet due to what happened when she was younger. Though she heard the people talking about her they were mostly negative.

When Rachel was given permission to cook something, Ella was both relieved that they wouldn’t have to finish the noodle dish, and yet concerned that Rachel might over work herself. Giving the younger girl a brief searching look, she quietly said, “How would you like me to help?”

~~~~~~~

“Here we are,” Isabeth said happily as they pulled into the mall, but then her tone turned stern again as she added, “No more questions.” Once she was parked, she started to text while waiting for Alec to open her door.

((Sorry I’m not giving much for Alec to respond to, but the way Isabeth currently is, she’s not one for interacting with slaves. So, I was kind of thinking of maybe doing a kidnapping. That would give him something to react to, and would change her attitude – for better or worse remains to be seen. This would really only affect Isabeth and Alec, so what do you think kingcobra?))

Tybalt tapped Ella's hand. "Make sure she doesn't get hurt please..." He scooted back from his chair and stretched. "I'm going to go downstairs... Be back sometime."

"Yeah, totally." Maddi said, readjusting herself so her feet were where her head should be and vice-versa. "I could tell you the one about the pirates, if you want." She offered.

((Sweet...))

"Hmm... I'll take her, how much?" The nerdy man asked, looking at Thorne skeptically.

Leon finished the pie and threw the plastic tray into the trash. "If you want I can help out." He said.

Sam nodded sleepily, not wanting to offend Maddi but unable to stop himself from dozing off as she talked. It was soothing, to hear someone else's voice in his house, and it was a comfort.

Rachel nodded at Ella, still smiling. "Of course- I'll be very careful sir. Perhaps a simple meat loaf?" She asked, already rolling up her sleeves and walking to the cabinets to begin pulling out things she would need.

“Of course, Sir,” Ella said to Tybalt’s request, but then she realized what going ‘downstairs’ could mean, and her voice filled with concern as she asked, “Sir?”

"She's 150 copper pieces." the seller said and grinned. Thorne just sat there and continued looking at the ground. She just hummed a melody to herself and thought.

Ella was, for the most part, reassured at Tybalt’s words, but there was a small part of her that was unsure. Still, she couldn’t not believe her master, so she gave a small smile as she said, “Yes, Sir.” Of course, that didn’t necessarily mean that she wasn’t going to make some excuse to go downstairs in a little bit… just to be safe.

Tybalt did make a pit stop, but made sure Ella wouldn't be able to catch him. He needed it right now. Badly. He kind of just wanted to feel nothing for a bit. Or a long time.

Rachel glanced between them with a tiny frown. She had no idea what was wrong though, so she continued to get out the ingredients for meatloaf. Best to let Ella deal with it, she was so much smarter than Rachel.

As soon as Tybalt was out of sight, Ella was trying to think of an excuse to go after him, but unfortunately, she was coming up blank. Turning to Rachel, she said, “Rachel, quick. I need a reason to go after Master Tybalt, but I’ve got nothing. Is there anything you need? Any questions you need answered?” Running her fingers through her hair, her voice turned almost desperate, as she added, “Anything at all?”

~~~~~~~

Going into the mall, Isabeth was quickly spotted by two girls who practically squealed as they ran over. The flow of their chatter was such, that it was difficult to tell who precisely said what as they said:

“OMG! I cannot believe you talked your dad into this!”

“I know, right?”

“It was iffy for a bit, but you know.”

“What’s his name?”

“Alexander.”

“Not bad looking.”

“Oh my g- Really Mags?!”

“What?! Not like I’m talking about…you know, but you coulda been stuck with one that looks like Brett.”

All at once, the three gave exaggerated shudders, and then giggled as they headed off to do some major shopping. Some time later, Isabeth said goodbye to her friends, and walked out of the mall with Alec following carrying several bags.

Fiddling with her phone as she approached her car, she wasn’t paying attention to her surroundings, and so was completely caught off guard when, before Alec could even open her door, the door on the van next to her car slid open. Before she knew what was happening, she was sitting on the floor of the van as a masked man held her pressed against the wall with his hand over her mouth. For a brief moment, the other two masked men in back looked at Alec with confusion, but then the driver snapped, “Grab him too!”, and the men lunged for Alec.

Rachel's eyes grew wide as Ella suddenly turned to her, words and expression frantic. Now she was really scared about what was happening, but Ella had said it needed to be quick, so there was no time to ask questions like that. "I-I.. I suppose you could ask what vegetables he wants," she threw out, since she had been planning on random choices.

“That’s perfect, thanks,” Ella said, and then all but running from the kitchen she added, “I’ll be back in a bit.” Though she hoped he was actually gone to take a nap, she still went to the winery first. “Sir?” she called as she entered the winery, but a quick search revealed that he wasn’t there. Hoping that not finding him there was a good sign, she went to his room next, and after knocking, she slowly opened the door as she tentatively said, “Sir?”

Zeke shook his head when Leon asked if he could help, "No, I got this.", he said, "besides, whats the point of having me around if you still have to clean up after yourself?", he asked rhetorically.