TJ09

2013-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Read through everything and got a simple and maybe wrong idea:

You can send flowers to random recipients. What if when you choose a flower it comes out as alt Gardenia?

Just a thought, though. Might be completely wrong about that.

Edited by Honigdieb

It could be a spriter's alt that only they can send - maybe unknowingly, when sending to random recipients xd.png

(Apologies if this has been speculated before, 102 pages of posts are too much to catch up on xd.png)

And then Shikaru would go, "Well, I never said that you guys could get them as a choice to send, you just made that assumption yourself!" laugh.gif

And then Shikaru would go, "Well, I never said that you guys could get them as a choice to send, you just made that assumption yourself!" :lol:

Whelp, I'm not needed here anymore. XD

Why do I have the feeling that the answer is really close... Something that got overlooked... Gnah.

Also thanks to the person who sent me a flower. ♥

During my sleep, mad speculation breaks out!

I think it's a spriter/Thuban/TJ alt and nothing more :3

During my sleep, mad speculation breaks out!

I think it's a spriter/Thuban/TJ alt and nothing more :3

If it is then why did people get it who are no spriters? wink.gif

Because this is the Valentine's day event - you can't send flowers to yourself, only to others biggrin.gif

So why should "lol" flowers be different? wink.gif

Seeing as the name "lol" is in the title, maybe it's just a troll flower which randomly appears on people's scrolls?

EDIT: I think the sweetlings have a new rival for Looking-the-most-like-a-fetus, these ungens look pretty fetus like to me... tongue.gif

Edited by Emeraldmay

Nonono, I mean only Spriters can send it, and only one or two of them it appears :3

there is no such thing as a spriters alt for object for events - or I would have had the most interesting looking gingerbread house this side of Aliset - it's just a random flower like the others - some are natural colored, some are not.

*pouts a bit at small bouquet in my vase

That's because my scroll name is not Mysfytt

try skorpyann

*no view bombing my eggs please

Edited by Mysfytt

This is probably just me noticing patterns where there are none, but I can't help but find it to be a strange coincidence that the Gardenia type of flower is the sixth type in the drop-down list, and Shikaru's first post in this thread is on page 6...

I also can't help but notice that one of TJ's forum icons(the ones that show up under the user information to the left of each post) has alt-text of "lol"...

Edited by keijaidyyn

So I am looking for 2 persons, who, because of some happenings beyond their control, could not get any new valentine eggs!

If you happen to be so happless a person, please PM me with the reason, and my roommate and me will then choose two people who get one of the new hatchlings each. smile.gif

*Edit: Sent you my favorite Iris, Mysfytt!

Edited by Shroomlet

Watch us while everyone sticks flowers in your bouquet smile.gif

Even assuming the name is based on Japanese, I don't think either of those are remotely accurately.  There's a small but significant difference between it being "tta" and "ta", after all, and in Japanese that can make all the difference in the world for a word meaning, similar to how the spelling of "their", "there", and "they're" changes the meanings entirely in English.

And incidentally, "shikata" (仕方) is a word on its own in Japanese.  It roughly means "way" or "method".

"shikaru" is a verb (in Japanese) meaning "to scold"; "shikatta" is said verb conjugated to past tense. It doesn't have anything to do with this event, since they've been like that for... awhile?

Also, since I'm posting, Shikaru I really like how you base your dragons' names off of their codes eeee <3 [/fangirl]

In flowers i wanna make a gigantic collection of blue flowers

,i wish the reciever could choose color tongue.gif

Edited by Joste

Nonono, I mean only Spriters can send it, and only one or two of them it appears :3

Wait, so there's no way for us to get it? What does 'one or two of them appears' mean? Are there multiples? Either way: drats, guess that means I should stop trying to send gardenias then. xC

... *goes back to sending "sunsong" pansies* :P

Edited by Varekis

Wait, so there's no way for us to get it? What does 'one or two of them appears' mean? Are there multiples? Either way: drats, guess that means I should stop trying to send gardenias then. xC

... *goes back to sending "sunsong" pansies* tongue.gif

Then I'll be sending sunsong roses. biggrin.gif

That might be because there aren't enough people sending randomly. When hardly anyone knows your name, your chances at getting flowers are very slim, even if you yourself are sending like mad, both directed and randomly (someone had told me receiving would depend on how much you send yourself).

I started sending flowers almost from the beginning of the event (the first time I managed to not miss the start of an event biggrin.gif). I had 2 flowers at the end of the first day, then I posted in the tiny little questions thread. 1 hour later, I had 5 flowers and my post got deleted because of thread cleanup.

At the end of the second day, I had 7 flowers before I posted a simple greeting in this very thread, which somehow got me a few more flowers (thanks to all the friendly senders, by the way smile.gif). Also, an egg gift got me some lovely plumeria biggrin.gif

So yeah, spread your scroll name if you want to get anything. The random recipient thingy seems to send anywhere, just not to the more of less empty vases.

... *goes back to sending "sunsong" pansies* tongue.gif

I mean only two Spriters can send it. We can receive it, fine. It's just whether or not the spriter wants to send them out.