sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

really? is that a trick just with the Shimmers, or is that with all dragons?? if it works on golds i may give Midas a month break from trying and then give him a go.

I think somebody said Shimmers are like Tinsels. If I put Tinsels in the ER when they are at 4 days they get sick very fast. That means I have to stay at the computer and watch them, otherwise they would die.

i incubate breed and hatch Tinsels regularly and haven't had a problem with them getting sick.

i'll gender and incubate them as soon as i get them (6 days + in all cases) and will throw them in a hand full of hatcheries once they get below the 6 day mark, never before.

i've had a few that i'll have to ER at the 3D 23Hr mark becuase they have the gaping hole but dont want to hatch, but haven't had one get sick in a while.

everytime i've had them get sick its from putting them in hatcheries before the 6D mark

My goldie shimmery baby just arrived!

wub.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/X50iN wub.gif

I fell in love the first time I saw the lineage and grabby hands must have it! smile.gif

see, i thought that pairing the golds with a gold colored dragon woudl be too shiny.

but instead, they really compliment eachother

makes me really want a Gold Shimmer / Gold Wyvren Spiral wub.gif

I guess I am pretty aggressive when raising my shimmers. None of them weren't sick as an egg or hatchie. laugh.gif

However, I watch them tightly and guard them as a mother hawk would be with her precious babies so eventually, they all grew up just fine.

Oh...a gold shimmer x gw spiral would be too awesome!!! Quick, someone make one nao! tongue.gif

I'm on a Gold Shimmer list and I'm definitely intending to request a Golden Wyvern mate.

*EDIT* I should look at my list before I say things. lol It's a Bronze Shimmer that I'm going to request a GW mate for. Blusang mate is for the Gold Shimmer. Might have to rethink it now though. The Gold X GW pairing really do look awesome together!

Edited by sheppardkid

I guess I am pretty aggressive when raising my shimmers. None of them weren't sick as an egg or hatchie. laugh.gif

However, I watch them tightly and guard them as a mother hawk would be with her precious babies so eventually, they all grew up just fine.

Oh...a gold shimmer x gw spiral would be too awesome!!! Quick, someone make one nao! tongue.gif

imo, the Gold Wyvren / Shimmer spiral would look good with all three Shimmer colors. i know they do with the Tinsels (thoguh i still need a Gold Tinsel / Gold Wyvren Sprial to have the complete set laugh.gif )

Silver Tinsel

Bronze Tinsel

*needs to stop clicking lineage links...gets envious too easily*

Some day I'll have one....

I guess I am pretty aggressive when raising my shimmers. None of them weren't sick as an egg or hatchie.  laugh.gif

Lol I'm sure not bein aggressive with mine I'm only unfogging it when I'm around and every time it gets sick I refog it and watch till it stops bein sick then unfog and let the views keep creepin up xd.png

Edited by linda3.0

Well, it is good to be slow and steady of course. Especially for first time owners, caring for a prize dragon can be somewhat a nail biting experience. tongue.gif

Btw, I think the shimmer breeding has been tinkered with. I still have not seen a shimmer kin lately. So, it's either you get a shimmer or you don't. xd.png

I wish that was my problem. That would suggest I'd have a Shimmer/Shimmers

o-o

Be grateful xd.png

Me too. I probably won't get one until trade value goes down significantly, just like with the tinsels.

Not sure, but I think someone might have put my Shimmer in a hatchery? Is there anyway of knowing? I can't wait for it to hatch and for me to breed it to gift to people!!!! biggrin.gif

Not sure, but I think someone might have put my Shimmer in a hatchery? Is there anyway of knowing? I can't wait for it to hatch and for me to breed it to gift to people!!!! biggrin.gif

Yep, there's almost always someone that will ER any 4 day Shimmer they find. :|

I haven't seen any more shimmers up for trade today... There were so many yesterday.

I haven't seen any more shimmers up for trade today... There were so many yesterday.

Prolly it's still early. Mebbe there will be one later tonite? ninja.gif

Btw, I think the shimmer breeding has been tinkered with. I still have not seen a shimmer kin lately. So, it's either you get a shimmer or you don't. xd.png

I've noticed that too.. But what about all us peoples who want to collect Shimmerfails too? D:

I saw three bronze and one silver shimmer in AotND ER just now...and one bronze in Silvi's ER. So if you had an ERable shimmer you didn't want ERed yet, you may want to check those two places.

just checked the 3 ER sites i know about

2 Bronze on Silvi

5 bronze and 1 Silver on AotND <- none of these are sick though

2 Bronze on jaemeia

Edited by Red2111

That would actually be nice. Getting a shimmer into my project would make it all the sweeter...

What's with the ninja face? xd.png hee.

I'm hoping I can at least throw my pretties at a few more trades before they grow up lD this is probably the nicest assortment of metallics I've ever had.

I hope (if it will be so) it will be a time I'm still online biggrin.gif

It was under 4 days anyway so I have now put it in a few hatcheries but thankyou!! smile.gif

I hope I can find a mate so I can continue the lineage, I have a few ideas though!! biggrin.gif

Is that a hint? Hopefully I'll still be awake to offer.

I hope there are some shimmers up for trade tonight, I worked very hard to have some CB Golds to trade for some shimmers.

Though as I have found out in the multiple trades I have lost out on, CB Metals is no guarantee. Almost seems like there is an anti CB Metal movement. *sigh*

Edited by Dubious

~Please take it to trading threads~ Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Yay I have pneumonia. sleep.gif So....I ended up not going into work today. I get to breed Elias again on Friday :3 I'm really hoping he breeds true again ^^!

Yay I have pneumonia. sleep.gif So....I ended up not going into work today. I get to breed Elias again on Friday :3 I'm really hoping he breeds true again ^^!

Get well soon.