sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

I got my first Shimmer wub.gif.

user posted image

I'm so in love laugh.gif *Polishes shiny egg*

How do Shimmers hold under Incubating? I kinda want to (impaaaaatient), but I never had a Tinsel get sick unless I incubated it, sooo unsure.gif

I wish I had a better lineage for ya.

;;

I'm just glad to have a shimmer right now when they are impossible to get xd.png plus it's not bad just not very continuable tongue.gif unless I just keep breeding more stair steps into the line. Also yeah that kind of line would be a good mate Xerlina

Edited by linda3.0

I've never had problems with incubating my shimmers, but I hear other people have.

I'd say if you incubate it, just make sure you watch it closely.

I got my first Shimmer wub.gif.

user posted image

I'm so in love laugh.gif *Polishes shiny egg*

How do Shimmers hold under Incubating? I kinda want to (impaaaaatient), but I never had a Tinsel get sick unless I incubated it, sooo unsure.gif

pretty! i like nebula lines :3 congrats on your shimmer!

and i incubated my shimmer, just keep a close eye on it, and fog it if your not going to be around xd.png

Gah, 2nd gen Gold shimmer grew up but I can't breed, I'm egglocked. |D Oh well, not like mine breed anyway.

Whispers: That's a sweet lineage. I'd incubate it, it's hardly that detrimental in terms of sickness.

I can't breed, I'm egglocked

Don't worry 42! TJ said once that the longer you wait inbetween breeds, the greater the chance of producing an egg smile.gif

I like the nebula line too! I'd like to see either red or green nebula x silver shimmer or a spiral with both alts that would be amazing

I like the nebula line too! I'd like to see either red or green nebula x silver shimmer or a spiral with both alts that would be amazing

My next Silas egg will be with a red neb. C:

My next Silas egg will be with a red neb. C:

Oh cool that's gonna be beautiful smile.gif I'm still contemplating what to do about a mate for mine cuz i don't have many short stair steps and one of my shortest is one gen too short to look right plus it's gender matters xd.png so we shall see

Thanks for all the advice! I'll incubate at 6 days then. And fogging when I'm not around is a given happy.gif.

Congrats to all the successful breeders and the people getting their shinies biggrin.gif

Hope the breeding continues to be true, so the chances of getting my hands on some shimmer might increase smile.gif

Thanks for all the advice! I'll incubate at 6 days then. And fogging when I'm not around is a given happy.gif.

IF you incubate, like others said, watch it like a hawk. I incubated my gold and it got sick twice on views that shouldn't have done that. Luckily I caught it very quickly and a fog solved the problem each time.

I am still going to incubate my bronze though. Maybe it will be less tetchy than the gold.

Edited by Dubious

Ok, say I get a shimmer egg, fresh laid. Would it be ok to gender it, incubate it, then fog it til it is at 4 days, THEN toss it into a couple ers?

Ok, say I get a shimmer egg, fresh laid. Would it be ok to gender it, incubate it, then fog it til it is at 4 days, THEN toss it into a couple ers?

I think somebody said Shimmers are like Tinsels. If I put Tinsels in the ER when they are at 4 days they get sick very fast. That means I have to stay at the computer and watch them, otherwise they would die.

Edited by drabrugon

I just waited till my shimmer was at 4 days 21 hours or so before incubating it, and it did fine. That's what I usually do with my tinsels. If I incubate them right at 5 days (or earlier), they invariably get sick. I know they can actually survive those few hours of sickness (I tested it on a long gen once), but it makes me too nervous to see the SICK EGG ALERT pop up on the top of my page all the time, so I always just wait a few hours to avoid the issue. :-)

Gah, 2nd gen Gold shimmer grew up but I can't breed, I'm egglocked. |D Oh well, not like mine breed anyway.

I wish that was my problem. That would suggest I'd have a Shimmer/Shimmers

o-o

Be grateful xd.png

Maybe it's just me, but i treated my Shimmer just like any other egg, except i kept it fogged when i wasn't around for the first two days. Put it into hatch sites, and ERed it when it hit 4 Days. No sickness ever, at all.

It took forever for him to gender though, like he gendered about 20 or so minutes before growing up.

Whoop, got a beautiful 3rd gen female silver x horse line! Love her! (Now to just find a CB Male horse...)

Don't worry 42! TJ said once that the longer you wait inbetween breeds, the greater the chance of producing an egg smile.gif

If that's true, I'm not going to breed anything between my Shimmer breedings. o-o