7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Actually, you don't need to get a female in order to breed HA supersize Pumpkaboos. If you breed your male HA Pumpkaboo with a Ditto, it will pass down its size to its kids. smile.gif

Actually, everything I've seen says only the female passes down the size-- males will just give average size if bred with Dittos? ... idk I can test this out myself I guess xd.png (but yeah it is true that Cherish balls don't pass down. Neither do dream balls)

ETA: ... welp

yeah males will pass down super size xd.png Seriously though, nowhere else I looked said males could pass it down what the heck internet.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Actually, everything I've seen says only the female passes down the size-- males will just give average size if bred with Dittos? ... idk I can test this out myself I guess xd.png (but yeah it is true that Cherish balls don't pass down. Neither do dream balls)

ETA: ... welp

yeah males will pass down super size xd.png Seriously though, nowhere else I looked said males could pass it down what the heck internet.

Yeah. I only knew about it because I tried it myself, trying to breed for a shiny HA supersized Pumpkaboo. xd.png

So it seems all X players get males and all Y players get females. That's dumb :I

I can verify that that statement is false. My first, and only, pickup in X was a HA Female. So, I didn't try again. Y version has been all female so far, most with Insomnia, but a couple had Frisk.

I can verify that that statement is false. My first, and only, pickup in X was a HA Female. So, I didn't try again. Y version has been all female so far, most with Insomnia, but a couple had Frisk.

It still doesn't change the fact that its gender is locked the moment the wonder card is generated though. tongue.gif

It still doesn't change the fact that its gender is locked the moment the wonder card is generated though. :P

But then why not everything else? I feel like I've been able to reset for gender before...maybe not?

But then why not everything else? I feel like I've been able to reset for gender before...maybe not?

I have no idea why they decided to gender lock this event to an extent. But I can confirm that the gender of the event Pumpkaboo will stay the same no matter how many times you soft reset. So if you get a male on your first try, you're going to keep getting males.

I have two female Pumkaboo from the event now. WHY.

I was hoping to get a male and a female... Ah, well, it can't be helped. At least I got two of them. ^^'

I shall now try to make a Halloween-themed party. Time to go track down the Pokemon I want to use. And breed them. xd.png

How do you soft reset?

start+L+R. You have to hold them all at once. It restarts the game without totally turning on an off the system (which is known as a hard reset). Note that not every game can soft reset, however...I know Tomodachi Life doesn't.

It was select+start+L+R on the DS.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

start+L+R. You have to hold them all at once. It restarts the game without totally turning on an off the system (which is known as a hard reset). Note that not every game can soft reset, however...I know Tomodachi Life doesn't.

It was select+start+L+R on the DS.

Alright thank you!

This person on wifi that i’m trading with just put a jirachi to trade that’s named “ebola (racial slur i'm pretty sure you all know)”

I'm not sure how to react

Just...wow. Wow. Faith lost in the Pokemon community. I think i'll go hunt for shinies now.

Edited by Tazzay

This person on wifi that i’m trading with just put a jirachi to trade that’s named “ebola (racial slur i'm pretty sure you all know)”

I'm not sure how to react

Just...wow. Wow. Faith lost in the Pokemon community. I think i'll go hunt for shinies now.

Racial slur? Wouldn't know that. Only thing that comes to mind is the virus. Unless I'm misunderstanding something significantly?

Which isn't necessarily all that much better, I guess

haha what? Ebola's just a virus. I don't think I've ever heard it as a racial slur, unless it's a new thing I'm unaware of.

Nintendo censors a lot of things, even racial slurs. There are ways to get around it, obviously, but no way to get it just putting in the word by itself.

An extremely dangerous virus IIRC, but a virus nonetheless

Meanwhile, I haven't touched my game in weeks >_< I really hope ORAS has a larger postgame than XY. Because XY's really leaves much to be desired

The part inside the brackets meant there was a slur word there. You know, the notorious "n" word? That was all there.

They meant it in an offensive way because the ebola virus, I believe, started in a part of africa - where the people there have dark skin, hence the racial slur used towards dark-skinned individuals.

So basically, in a way, they were basically going "those (slur word) brought ebola over to america"

I think you both misunderstood that

Edited by Tazzay

...This is a weird peeve of mine, but those aren't brackets, they're parenthesis (and in fact brackets would have carried your meaning better...)

But okay, I gotcha now. I think you're overthinking it a bit though >_>

EDIT: I didn't see it, so I can't be certain, but from what I gather honestly it comes of as a somewhat racist version of This is for Emphasis, censorkip.gif*. Which as of late has become an extremely common use of the "N word"

Edited by MasterWeavile898

You still had faith in the Pokemon community? o_o

Oh, also. Is there a way to breed for IVs without using Dittos? ...All the guides I've found say to grab Dittos from a Friend Safari.

You still had faith in the Pokemon community? o_o

Oh, also. Is there a way to breed for IVs without using Dittos? ...All the guides I've found say to grab Dittos from a Friend Safari.

You could just catch a bunch of random Pokemon, but it may not always give you the Pokemon you desire when breeding, which is why Ditto is recommended.

Yeah, it's a pain catching Dittos (they never stay in the pokeball for me >.>), but it's definitely worth it in the end. They're not only in the Friend Safari either, you can find them in Pokemon Village. ^^ And since they don't usually appear, what I usually do is grab my PokeRadar and find a Ditto and start chaining off them by catching them. It takes a lot less time.

And if you're not aware on how to check IVs, go to the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City. There's a purple haired guy in there, and if he checks a stat and says "They can't be beat!" it means that stat has a perfect IV.

Hope I helped? 8D

Edited by Moonkitti

Actually, it's usually better to IV breed with two Pokemon of the same species. They create eggs at a much higher rate. As you get better IVs you can swap the kids out for their parents and slowly improve stuff. Unless you have a 6IV foreign Ditto, it's almost always better

Oh, yeah, but the ones I get from Pokemon Village always have at least one horrible stat. xd.png Anyways, thanks; I'll try that. ^^ Hmm, maybe I should try Absols again...

Oh, yeah, but the ones I get from Pokemon Village always have at least one horrible stat. xd.png Anyways, thanks; I'll try that. ^^ Hmm, maybe I should try Absols again...

If you get one with really good IVs, slap a Destiny Knot on it, so it's offspring will be guaranteed to have five of its IVs. It takes a lot of time, but is the most reliable way IMO.

I bred a 6 IV mareep using mareeps I caught in the game. Didn't use ditto or anything. It can be tedious but definitely can be done smile.gif

Guys! I can finally download friend codes! If you have already have my frined code, please PM me so I can have yours