7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

It's a lot more similar in design to Zorua. Vulpix is at least an acceptable depiction of a fox and looks like it should be able to hold up its head. :B

In fact, if Fennekin looked more like Vupix and wasn't so KAWAII CHIBI I would probably be a lot less biased against it.

Edited by Pika_Oi

fennekin is such a copy of vulpix, no1 use it!

Oh dears. In that context, it implies if one creature is similar to another, it's a copy. Lemme put it this way...I used to keep mice. Rats are basically larger versions. In a sense, a copy of mice. Since mice were the original rodent pets I had, that means I can't keep rats because they're copies of the original...

But I now keep rats and not mice.

And I am going to use Fennekin as my starter biggrin.gif

Not sure if trolling, or genwunner...

Seriously, you could claim the same thing about so many other Pokemon.

But honestly? We've barely had any fox Pokemon! It's nice to see another! And fire is my favorite type!

Besides, it's hardly a copy of Vulpix. Vulpix and Ninetales are clearly based on kitsune. Fennikin could be based on similar myths, or it could just be a regular old fox. Won't really know until we see the evolutions, though.

The only similarity is that they're foxlike and fire-type. Ho-Oh and Moltres are both birds and fire type, therefore Ho-Oh is ripping off Moltres.

I really don't get the fuss over Zorua/Fennekin/Vulpix. Why can't we have three cute foxes? We have more than three pink blob pokemon, more than three bird pokemon, more than three dragon based Pokemon... nobody really complains about them.

Edited by Switch

Hmm, that's probably why I like Fennekin, is its resemblance to Zorua. I adore Zorua and Zoroark. I always liked Vulpix and Ninetails as well, but they were never my favorite. I'm excited to have a canid starter though! Also I still really like Chespin's design too, so I may end up trading to have one on my team as well.

I like Fennikin best myself. I've always been partial to the fire starters, though Chimchar and Tepig... Not really. If Tepig's line had remained quadrupeds instead, I would have liked that. Ah well.

Lookin' forwards to seein' the evolutions, though!

I just finished raising Zoroark in White 2 and I have to say it's an amazing Pokemon. It's really strong!

At first I thought a fire fox would resemble Vulpix too closely, but I think Fennekin looks completely different. I also really like the frog starter, because I really liked Seismitoad.

Hmm, that's probably why I like Fennekin, is its resemblance to Zorua. I adore Zorua and Zoroark. I always liked Vulpix and Ninetails as well, but they were never my favorite. I'm excited to have a canid starter though! Also I still really like Chespin's design too, so I may end up trading to have one on my team as well.

I never liked Vulpix much either, despite my fox obsession. So I'm looking forward to Fennekin since I like it so much already. |3

I have a funny feeling Chespin will have really great evolutions though.

Much agreement to the previous few posts, hehe |D

I adore Fennec foxes and I just LOVE that I was able to identify the influence for Fennekin right off the bat without even using its name for reference. I think that's kind of neat that they could do that with a Pokemon instead of making it a "generic" fox-like creature, such as Vulpix.

Also, Zoroark is a beast, I have a specially- bred one on my main team and he delivers such a kick <3 Nasty Plot, Extrasensory, Night Burst, and Flamethrower make it a killer. (I swept the Psychic elite four [what's her name.?] just with him by disguising him as my Emboar. She kept trying to use Psychic and Dream Eater on him, ahahaha. I Nasty Plot-ted to the max and swept with his then-learned Dark Pulse. It was beautiful ;~;

I agree about Chespin as well. I adore his design so much! Chipmunk-Acorn-chestnut-hedgehog AHHH <3

Fennekin is so cute! If it's evolution line turns out to look horrible, I shall not evolve it! I also like the legendary bird/dragon pokemon. The other one looks okay, but the water starter just looks plain ugly and the chesnut grass Pokemon is sort of cute.

At least Froakie's neck is at least, given Pokemon standards, reasonably proportional to its head. '-'

Then again I guess there've always been Pokemon with twig necks. Just usually the rest of the body isn't twisted in such a manner that it's so glaring...

Edited by Pika_Oi

I honestly like all new the starters, Fennekin slightly more than others, though I admit the twig neck bothers me too. But eh, I can't really complain. x3 They're all cuties, I think!

Edited by Switch

Nintendo announced that all the startes will be pure this time, That stinks, I was hoping for something like what they did with Sinnoh (except Blaziken) all the starters were unique in their stats and their type. Never before had we had a water penguin, as grass turtle, or a fire monkey. Their stats were good too. That is one of the many reasons why right now, Sinnoh is my favorite region.

Nintendo announced that all the startes will be pure this time, That stinks, I was hoping for something like what they did with Sinnoh (except Blaziken) all the starters were unique in their stats and their type. Never before had we had a water penguin, as grass turtle, or a fire monkey. Their stats were good too. That is one of the many reasons why right now, Sinnoh is my favorite region.

The starters are pure, like most starters are. Nintendo has said nothing about their evolutions.

you know, i haven't really cared for this one because, well, the economy is horrible right now, and my mom won't get me any game system for a while. my freind will possibly give me a Ps2, but that's completely unrelated. dry.gif

OH MY GOSH! THE STARTERS ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I like the fox one. it's cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^W^

Edited by AzuelZorro102

you know, i haven't really cared for this one because, well, the economy is horrible right now, and my mom won't get me any game system for a while. my freind will possibly give me a Ps2, but that's completely unrelated. dry.gif

OH MY GOSH! THE STARTERS ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I like the fox one. it's cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^W^

Well they aren't coming out until October.

Hopefully I'll go to England so I can finally get to a game store and buy a 3DS by then. I never trust online shops...

Xerneas is my fave so far. Yveltal looks kinda creepy to me... And the starters are cute, but just not my type. (Even though I love that fox)

I'm hoping for some more eeveelutions. I was soooo disappointed when gen V introduced no eeveelutions...

Here are the mixed types I would like to see, because of originallity

Fennekin Fire/Phsychic or Fire/Ground

Chespin Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost

Froakie Water/Ice or Water/Fighting or Water/Dark

Those are possible combinations based on what I saw on the trailer.

Here are the mixed types I would like to see, because of originallity

Fennekin Fire/Phsychic or Fire/Ground

Chespin Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost

Froakie Water/Ice or Water/Fighting or Water/Dark

Those are possible combinations based on what I saw on the trailer.

Psychic Dark Fighting make a new secondary elemental balance.

Not sure I want another fire/psychic but it's the most rumored.

I've wanted a fire ground for a while. But it'd be double weak to the water starter. No bueno on starter balance.

When I first heard about X and Y, I was mainly distraught over the fact that the games were on 3DS. I mean, X & Y looks pretty good but I don't own a 3DS mainly for the petty reason that the battery life is small.

edit: on full 3D, the 3DS lasts around 3 hours. At least, my friend's does.

Now, I guess this gives me a reason to save up for a 3DS.

The legendaries look pretty good but I'm neutral towards the starters. They seem a little too cute, even for starters. Also, is there any clearer shots of the female protagonist?

Edited by glass_kisses

When I first heard about X and Y, I was mainly distraught over the fact that the games were on 3DS. I mean, X & Y looks pretty good but I don't own a 3DS mainly for the petty reason that the battery life is small.

I've actually never had a problem with my 3DS's battery life myself. Usually I'll just turn off the wireless and put it in sleep mode if I'm not using it, but it's lasted me several days on just one charge. (which is way better than what I get from my

phone.)

But I'm actually really excited to see how they do this. I've wanted a 3D rendered pokemon experience that wasn't watered down like the gamecube versions for a long time now.

Basically I like to hold my judgment until I see everything but I like the starters so far and I like the graphics. But I am just a little disappointed we didn't get a Hoenn remake.

Maybe this gen.

Wasn't Ruby/Sapphire released around 10 years ago...? One less if you want to solely go off the North America release.

I'd love a remake of R/S/E, but honestly I'm more excited about X and Y's release. XD I can wait longer.

Edited by Switch