7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Yah Xerneas is easier to say xd.png Good thing I decided on "X" version already~

Not sure on original vs XL. I have the original red 3DS and I think it's just fine. Other than it's really glossy and it fingerprints up pretty bad. I just use some mild disinfectant wipes to clean it off every once in a while.

XL will probably come out with another color or two by October or you can get a case for it or something if you direly dislike either color available.

Also, official from the (official) Pokemon facebook -

We’ve been getting a lot of questions about the pronunciation of the new Legendary Pokémon names. So here they are, Trainers! The official English phonetic spelling for Xerneas is ZURR-nee-us, and for Yveltal is ee-VELL-tall. How many of you already had it right?

Well, if that Pikachu themed 3DS doesn't come out stateside by October, then I'll be quite surprised. happy.gif I know Europe got it, so now it's our turn.

I think I'm going to get the XL, overall it seems to be the better handheld for a mere $30 more.

I cannot wait until October.

I'm a Gamestop employee, so I'll be happy to answer questions like that 8D

I have the XL. I owned all versions of the DS before, and I was really happy with my DSi Xl. The size is great, it makes it much easier on the eyes. I recently traded it in for the 3DS XL, and I'm very pleased (this is coming from someone who adamantly did NOT want a 3DS until about two weeks ago). The graphics aren't stretched, they're simply larger. Same proportions and everything, you just get a better view and don't have to squint so much. The colors available right now are the Black/Blue, Black/Red, and White/Pink. (I have the white/pink one, it was a limited edition [even though we're still selling it...] that came with a free copy of Nintendogs +Cats)

I've heard that the Pikachu and Charizard versions won't be coming to America, though the Pikachu is going to France. However if they change their mind and let America have one (or both, I crave that Charizard....) then I'll trade in my pink XL for one of them, hehe. In the mean time, I'm busying myself with Black 2, Pokemon Rumble Blast (which is actually REALLY cute), and a Resident Evil game on the 3DS.

c: Any other questions about the 3DS? <3

c: Any other questions about the 3DS? <3

Is it worthwhile getting a 3DS XL for when my current 3DS wears out? Last time my first was replaced within literally a couple weeks of getting it when the 3D was stuck on, but the XL wasn't even announced at the time xd.png

Does anyone know if when you play a DS game on the 3DSXL if it displays in the same size as the DSi XL did?

Trying to decide what to import here.

I don't, sorry, 7Deadly$ins, but I'm probably going to get either Chespin or Fennekin(not a fan of Froakie, sorry). Everyone likes the x deer legendary, i like it too, but I don't prefer it over the y bird one. Honestly, has ANYONE noticed that the y bird legendary looks just like a Flamingo Wyvern?

Plus, I noticed a little trend with generations. Usually, three or four years pass before a new gen comes up. This one came after two years, strange isn't it?

Also, I like how Japan doesn't get sweet kicks this time. Everyone gets them at the very same time.

These are my thoughts on them.

I kinda want a 3DSXL, but I have this 3DS currently and I am not trading it in. .____.

I've never owned a XL DS before.

Anyway, so far methinks I'm getting X version and I miiiight start with Chespin. Might. I still want to see the evolutions.

Is it worthwhile getting a 3DS XL for when my current 3DS wears out? Last time my first was replaced within literally a couple weeks of getting it when the 3D was stuck on, but the XL wasn't even announced at the time xd.png

I would say so. Based on my luck with the DSi XL, the system lasts pretty well and I enjoy the larger handheld better anyway. It depends if you like the smaller screens or not though, the only difference in the systems is the actual size. I'm expecting my XL to last a while though. c:

Does anyone know if when you play a DS game on the 3DSXL if it displays in the same size as the DSi XL did?

Trying to decide what to import here.

It does. Size the 3DS top screens are wider than what the DS games normally play on, the game plays with the same dimensions on the top screen as if it had been a DSi XL, since the games aren't build to stretch the entire length of the top screen.

I kinda want a 3DSXL, but I have this 3DS currently and I am not trading it in. .____.

I've never owned a XL DS before.

Definitely keep that guy!

I personally like the XLs better after owning it because I like seeing the games slightly larger, I don't have to squint so much and playing for long periods of time doesn't hurt my eyes as much. The system itself is still as equally portable (mine fits into my tiny purse) as the regular size. If you're considering getting an XL, they do run for 199.99 at Gamestop for brand new systems. The preowned are about 179.

...Well, I know what I'll be getting for my birthday. Problem is, I won't be the only one getting a 3DS, as at least three other members of my family will want one to play X and Y on. Yaaay for a family of gamers...We'll likely end up with two copies of X and two of Y. biggrin.gif

Hmm now I know where my birthday money is going.

And my family say I'm an awkward one to get gifts for ....... its like they don't know me.

Hmm now I know where my birthday money is going.

And my family say I'm an awkward one to get gifts for ....... its like they don't know me.

tongue.gif My family usually has that problem with me, I never want anything...Different when it comes to Pokemon, though. The three others that want to play X and Y (unless my nephews join in as well), are my niece (soon to be 17), my sister (45), and...My 65 year old mother. She goes crazy for Pokemon games xd.png She wants these, badly.

Already know what I'm going to do when I get X or Y...Female character, and restarting until I get a female Fennekin as my starter. e_e I swear, all of my games my starters have been males...I want my pretty little Fennekin to be a female.

user posted image

Edited by Dreamsong Dragon

Well, I must say that this Generation sure came out fast, with B/W 2 not released that long ago.

As for the starters, this times were all quite cute, but out of all of them, I'm really looking forward to Chespin's evolution the most. I wish to see the rest of the Gen 6 Pokemon soon~

And Yveltal is more to my liking than Xernea.

Edited by Dragonair_Blizzard

Props to my brother for getting a 3DS -- we always switch, so he got the DS, I got the lite, he gets the 3DS...

Ah, well, I'll figure out a way to play tongue.gif

Well, I must say that this Generation sure came out fast, with B/W 2 not released that long ago.

As for the starters, this times were all quite cute, but out of all of them, I'm really looking forward to Chespin's evolution the most. I wish to see the rest of the Gen 6 Pokemon soon~

And Yveltal is more to my liking than Xernea.

They probably were working on it at the same time as BW2. Think about it. All the new pokemon for 2 were already designed, the map was done, the tilesets were mostly done. There was actually minimal work to have to attribute to 2, in comparison to whipping up a whole new game.

Props to my brother for getting a 3DS -- we always switch, so he got the DS, I got the lite, he gets the 3DS...

Ah, well, I'll figure out a way to play tongue.gif

3DS XL exists.

I'm a Gamestop employee, so I'll be happy to answer questions like that 8D

Haha, yay, another of us! biggrin.gif

Also, just for anybody who might not have known--GameStop stores are now accepting in-store pre-orders for both. I just did mine a little while ago~

Not as far as I know--nothing's been announced.

I wouldn't count on it, but they could. It would be cool to have mini statues again or something, those were nice.

Former gamestop employee (and not a 6 hour a week GA either ;] ), retired for pregnancy recently.

GS tends to be really good about pre orders on Pokemon though. Also, check in for events. They're one of the easiest places to obtain shiny legendaries and other rare pokemon from legitimately.

I'd imagine there will be a boon. I can't guarantee what. If you pre order before the boon is announced, you'll still receive it.

Edited by MinervaClay

Yeah, GS is good about working with Nintendo to secure rights to distribute special Pokemon and special pre-order bonuses when they exist.

But I'd just suggest keeping an eye on Serebii.net--they're pretty good about getting up any information about what retailers (if any) are going to be offering what pre-order bonuses (again, if any are announced), for which parts of the world. Same with the event Pokemon--they'll have what you can get when and where.

hmm the fox sure is popular... the leaf one reminds me of a hippie/myself with his lil hat xd.png (does anyone know what he is exactly?)

:/ man I hate how I don't have a DS for this... I don't want to switch to 3DS... do the XL ones have GameBoy advanced slots?

guess it's for the best if I'm unable to get this one. I should be focusing on college around that time.. X'(

/totally does not want to grow up