7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Aww, I like Jynx and Mr. Mime, though. Also, Machop is adorable. :c

I'm mostly willing to like or at least be neutral to almost (-almost-) anything that's not following in the footsteps of Lucario (or is Lucario, or is related to Lucario), though. :B

And yes, you are probably thinking of Renamon.

Edited by Pika_Oi

Yep that's the one! (I only watched the first two seasons of digimon and then part of data squad so everything after or inbetween it is a mystery to me)

Machop wasn't bad, it was the next evolutions that were disturbing xd.png

But you do prove the point that they can't please everyone! Some people will dislike some pokemon and some people will like those ones and vice versa. Just how the world works.

I don't have a problem with Lucario or the other bipedal fox/wolf/dog/canines but I do have a problem with them over doing it with the design (the design being the bipedal woofie). Jeez, let some other pokemon have a chance at being a smash bros competitor!

If people complained about Gen 2, they'd be utterly stupid. Half of generation two was originally supposed to part of generation 1, with the other half of it created shortly thereafter. =_= So if anyone tries to argue that anything after gen 1 is "unoriginal" or "lacks the same quality as gen 1", feel free to bop them firmly on the head.

As for Sawk, I wasn't entirely impressed with him when I first saw him. The clothing argument though- don't forget the few mentioned above, as well as Hitmonchan and the Machop family (they're wearing speedos, for god's sake, I'd take the karate uniform over that...) After watching a few episodes with Sawk in it, however, he grew on me a little (especially when he used Bulk Up, I was in tears with laughter).

Bipedal canine... Lucario, Zoroark.... Am I missing one? o_o Most canids I can remember are solely quadrupeds.

As for repeating themes, I honestly like how they've done it. I like that every new gen, we have that first-route normal rodent, the normal-flying bird, and even the electric mouse or "pikachu rip off". It gives it VARIETY. It's not like every mon is a complete throwback to the previous generations, too, there are always plenty of completely new and innovative Pokemon for people to choose from. For example, I like Garchomp and Haxorus WAY better than Dragonite. Like, no competition for me whatsoever. The different designs give people more to choose from in those like of categories for pokemon, so that we're not limited to just one design. I like that.

I don't like the fact that the series needed to be entirely ported to a new system.

A necessary evil, I suppose. :|

Honestly, it's inevitable. Unless they abandoned the series altogether, since the DS is basically dead now. It's the price we pay for technological advancements.

That's what they did with GBA to DS, it's to be expected when shiny new things become available in handheld systems like that.

(especially when he used Bulk Up, I was in tears with laughter).

oh dear god I remember that.

The only problem we have with X and Y being 3DS exclusive is that my sister who also plays Pokemon only has a DSi XL, so hopefully she'll manage to get one. Fortunately I bought my 3DS about year ago. x__x; I knew it'd come in handy some day. But if she can't get one I might just let her take turns playing my 3DS.

To be honest I don't really have any guesses for the starter types. There's always a chance they or some of them could be single typed even to the end, yes?

Edited by Switch

It sucks for people who don't have a 3DS, but this WAS inevitable, they'd have to get one sooner or later to keep playing the new games that come out.

But it's darn expensive to have to keep upgradin'... ;_;

oh dear god I remember that.

The only problem we have with X and Y being 3DS exclusive is that my sister who also plays Pokemon only has a DSi XL, so hopefully she'll manage to get one. Fortunately I bought my 3DS about year ago. x__x; I knew it'd come in handy some day. But if she can't get one I might just let her take turns playing my 3DS.

To be honest I don't really have any guesses for the starter types. There's always a chance they or some of them could be single typed even to the end, yes?

If she has some games that she doesn't play anymore, she can trade her DSi XL into Game Stop for store credit. My Game Stop is doing a double trade credit promo right now for systems and 10% for games (and if you guys are members, an extra 10% for you~). She should be able to get to around 100 dollars in credit for that, and if she wants a 3DS XL, than it's only another 100 for the system.

That's what I did. o_o

Just be sure it fully works, and you have the charger and a stylus for it.

Right now, it's double credit on all systems, so it's a good time. I can't recall how long the deal lasts, though.

I'm honestly half interested, half disappointed with the idea of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I sort of like the look of the starters, but the graphics just made me want the game immediately. I was looking forward to a Hoenn Remake, since both my Sapphire and Emerald games have a dry battery. Guess I have to wait another few years, then.

I'm sure there will be RSE remakes eventually.

Do any of you guys think they make this a little too fast? I meant it has only been like 2-3 years since gen V was announced.

I'm honestly half interested, half disappointed with the idea of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I sort of like the look of the starters, but the graphics just made me want the game immediately. I was looking forward to a Hoenn Remake, since both my Sapphire and Emerald games have a dry battery. Guess I have to wait another few years, then.

You can replace the battery yourself.

As for this being a rushed gen... it's true, but I feel like this was a placeholder gen in the first place. In my opinion gen V should've been on 3DS in the first place.

Again, they've probably honestly been working on it since B/W 1 ended. B/W 2 already had the better part of the work done for them. Throw in a few new forms, a few new scenes, whip up a new plot, add a few more sprites and tile sets and you're just about DONE, and even that took, what, a year and a half? Clearly they were working on something at the same time.

I don't think it's too fast. I mean, between the initial release of Red and Green in Japan (1996) and the release of the start of Gen 2 (1999), it was only 3 years. Gen 3 premiered in Japan in 2001, Gen 4 in 2006, and then Gen 5 in 2010. (I think those are the right years, anyway).

So, we had 3 years between Gens 1 & 2, 2 years between 2 & 3, 5 between 3 & 4, and 4 between 4 & 5.

So 2 between 5 & 6 doesn't seem TOO fast to me.

But black and white 2 JUST came out a few months ago, and already they have this ultra-cool new game! Couldnt they wait a year or so? But then, it probably comes out in october so it would be a year. Or maybe some other time.

But black and white 2 JUST came out a few months ago, and already they have this ultra-cool new game! Couldnt they wait a year or so? But then, it probably comes out in october so it would be a year. Or maybe some other time.

Black and White 2 were basically slightly altered versions of the original Black and White. Ignore those two and it's been a decent gap between Black and White and X and Y (so many and's o.o)

Well, it was just an announcement. The game comes out in October, so there's plenty of time between BW2 and the new games.

Black and White 2 were basically slightly altered versions of the original Black and White. Ignore those two and it's been a decent gap between Black and White and X and Y (so many and's o.o)

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. June 27, 2010 was B&W 1. This is going to be October 2013. It'll have been three and a half years almost. Never underestimate that "The Pokemon Company" is now individual from Gamefreak and has its own division for development. They're going to be a lot less strapped down by other projects.

BW2 came out in Japan in June of last year, and the rest of the world October-November of last year.

By the time this gen is out, it will have been just about one year, worldwide. Traditionally, Japan has gotten the games sooner than the rest of the world (for understandable reasons), so it feels a little shorter for the rest of us than it does for them. But even so, it will still be roughly one year even counting the international releases.

Additionally, BW2 can be treated the same way that the third games of the other gens were treated, since they were an addition to Gen V.

(The following years are for the Japanese releases, due to the aforementioned traditional delay for international localizations)

Yellow came out in Japan in '98, while GS came out in '99, thus there was one year between the end of Gen I and the start of Gen II.

Crystal came out in 2000, RS came out in '02, thus there was a 2 year gap between the end of Gen II and the start of Gen III.

Emerald came out in '04, and DP came out in '06, thus there was a 2 year gap between the end of Gen III and the start of Gen IV.

Platinum came out in '08, and BW came out in '10, thus there was a 2 year gap between the end of Gen VI and the start of Gen V.

So, while 2 years seems to be the standard, there is precedent for a 1-year gap, and the gaps between the generations aren't as long as they seem looking back.

(At least, if all the years I found were accurate, they sound right, so...)

I'm kinda looking forward to a 3D Pokemon game since I think it is very overdue (the DS has been out almost 10 years! Oh how time flies). I thought that Black and White would have been on the 3DS. Anyway, I am excited that everyone gets the game at the same time.

In the meantime I will be playing White 2, finishing restarting Platinum, finishing Mystery Dungeon Blue version, restarting White and hopefully getting the some more Pokemon games. Yes, I have lots to do xd.png

I'm using Fennekin~

Just because it's a fire fox doesn't make it a copy. It has a unique design too. You must not like Flareon in that case, either.

That said, I'm excited to see its evolutions and what references they'll make with it. <3