The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2013

I would just like to post and say thank you to everyone that was involved in this contest.

From the Admins and Mods to the dedicated verifying and of course a huge thank you to all the breeders who are gifting out Hollies this year.

I had a ton of fun and truthfully it is all thanks to this contest that I am even getting a Holly.

You guys are amazing! Again thank you!!!

Also congratulations to all the winners. Particularly Azure and Plume. I actually owe winning my Holly to Plume since she showed me this thread in the first place lol (Love ya Mom!!)

Very excited about the new egg limits. It means we no longer have to worry about auto abandon before gifting our holiday eggs.

Very excited about the new egg limits. It means we no longer have to worry about auto abandon before gifting our holiday eggs.

Totally agree !! biggrin.gif

We have received an EXTRA DONATION, so Ha-Ki will be bumped up into the list of Holly winners! Congratulations!

Though.... Is there any idea of a timeline for when the Hollies are going to be selected/given out? I leave to visit family December 21 and won't be back until December 28, and my internet access during that time will likely be limited to my phone.  unsure.gif I can probably walk my boyfriend through logging in for me and ensuring the Holly is safe and well-tended on my scroll if necessary, but he has never used the site before, so I'd have to explain everything. <.<;;;

Unfortunately since we're distributing the prizes one by one we have no way of knowing exactly how long it will take, as it depends on how quickly the other winners select their Hollies. I can't make any promises as to when the distribution will get to you.

We have received an EXTRA DONATION, so Ha-Ki will be bumped up into the list of Holly winners! Congratulations!

Though.... Is there any idea of a timeline for when the Hollies are going to be selected/given out? I leave to visit family December 21 and won't be back until December 28, and my internet access during that time will likely be limited to my phone.  unsure.gif I can probably walk my boyfriend through logging in for me and ensuring the Holly is safe and well-tended on my scroll if necessary, but he has never used the site before, so I'd have to explain everything. <.<;;;

Unfortunately since we're distributing the prizes one by one we have no way of knowing exactly how long it will take, as it depends on how quickly the other winners select their Hollies. I can't make any promises as to when the distribution will get to you.

Next year, maybe have all of the winners make a list of which hollies they would want with the first one being the one they most want. That might save on time.

Congratulations to everyone who participated! You all did an awesome job!

My Holly will be ready to breed on the 21st, and I have some mates that I created that will make the offspring a non-inbred 7th even-gen.

How do I know who my winner is? I'm excited to breed for you, whoever you are. smile.gif

Congratulations to everyone who participated! You all did an awesome job!

My Holly will be ready to breed on the 21st, and I have some mates that I created that will make the offspring a non-inbred 7th even-gen.

How do I know who my winner is? I'm excited to breed for you, whoever you are. smile.gif

You will probably get a message from Pteprocks to let you know who your winner is smile.gif

Details on the verification process can be found here.

We will now begin to match the winners with their donators one by one, in order. Once the holidays are over, we will begin to do the same for Runner-Up winners.

More information on which winner chose whose Holly can be found in the linked spreadsheet smile.gif

wow.. thank you to all the verifiers, contestants and the breeders themselves!

thats a lot of spitfires o.O well done guys!! Look forward to next yr wink.gif

Next year, maybe have all of the winners make a list of which hollies they would want with the first one being the one they most want. That might save on time.

Assuming the list on the front page is accurate, and taking out those hollies that have already been selected by earlier winners (according to the spreadsheet), I've actually gone ahead and done this, in preparation for my trip. I have a list of 17 in case everyone ahead of me wants the same ones I do. xd.png I can post or PM it, I don't know who to PM it to, though, or which would be better to do. unsure.gif

I leave in less than 12 hours, and, as I said, my internet will be extremely limited from then until the 28th.

We received another last minute donation, as well as late confirmation from Karobb, so Vampiresswolf and 7Kiran7 will be bumped up onto the list of Holly winners. Congratulations!

Assuming the list on the front page is accurate, and taking out those hollies that have already been selected by earlier winners (according to the spreadsheet), I've actually gone ahead and done this, in preparation for my trip. I have a list of 17 in case everyone ahead of me wants the same ones I do. xd.png I can post or PM it, I don't know who to PM it to, though, or which would be better to do. unsure.gif

I leave in less than 12 hours, and, as I said, my internet will be extremely limited from then until the 28th.

That's a good idea, go ahead and PM it to me.

Other winners can feel free to do so as well.

Where is the spreadsheet? It may be because its 6:30 am but I don't see it?

Edit: thank you Ptep.

Edited by Wiz

Yay, I came into the comp late so I'm very happy to have won a holly. I'm not fussy I'll take anyone that's going. Thank you so much biggrin.gif

Ha ha, yea I made list in case I won, in numbered order for my preferences so I could easily pick. Sadly of course I did not win, but I was ready just in case.

Maybe pm everyone and have them do exactly this for the remaining Hollies to speed up the process? Breeding will only last until the 25th, right? 3 days left, less than half of the Hollies have been matched to their winners so far, and some donators might be away one day or the other...

Edit to add that I will be travelling on the 25th (donator).

Edited by Ha-Ki

When will we know who's chosen our Holly baby? I didn't want to wait until the 25th to breed. I think if the top 10 choose their prizes then let the others just be bred and the rest of winners claim eggs as they are offered by the donators.

This process is a bit too slow only 8 persons so far have chosen a Holly egg *sigh*

If my Holly hasn't been chosen by Christmas Eve I will breed it and keep the egg/hatchie until it is chosen. If it looks like it will hatch before it is chosen I will influence it correctly.

I'll be really happy for my Holly egg no matter who it comes from!

Edit: I actually managed to grab two eggs from the AP so you can bump someone else up to the list of winners biggrin.gif

Edited by Caileh

I'd love to donate offspring from my 2 hollies. And I'm confirmed that I will donate. smile.gif

Due to time constraints I will be PM'ing all the winners shortly and requesting a list.

Those who do not respond by the time the lot falls to them will be considered inactive until the end of distribution, unless they respond before the end.

I'll be really happy for my Holly egg no matter who it comes from!

Edit: I actually managed to grab two eggs from the AP so you can bump someone else up to the list of winners biggrin.gif

I'd love to donate offspring from my 2 hollies. And I'm confirmed that I will donate. smile.gif

Thank you both! We'll be bumping circeramone, Azura, and Hawkster up to the list of Holly winners.