The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2013

WOW... congrats to azuremist, mysterrie and plumeriarose - that is some serious collecting!

thank you to the donors as well. My final tally was 366 i think, I had two which did not count.

Look forward to next yr!

Do apologize tremendously not being able to help out with the final count. Events in IRL had been taking majority priority and currently fighting off a near scare close to home. I look forward to gifting my eggy.

I have 153. They're on the end on the 2nd, top of the 3rd page.

The spitfire named 'Contest entries' is NOT a valid entry, just the start of my contest dragons. I just had him left from last year's holly contest, and never considered that it could confuse matters having the same species.

I have lost count of mine but don't think it was over ten. My scroll is in my sig so you can look. I look forward to next years contest because a Holly is the only holiday dragon I am missing on my scroll.

We can now announce the results of the contest:

HOLLY WINNERS

1. AzureMist: 1,785

2. plumeriarose: 1,297

3. mysterrie: 1,209

4. RulenneClarissa: 870

5. rexreen: 704

6. Storm skyflyer: 636

7. Merion: 603

8. Rascal: 555

9. Lady_Dragonrider: 522

10. tetra: 499

11. Kurane: 480

12. Stargirl17: 436

13. pisceslion: 425

14 and 15. Sir Barton and XxShadowWolf13xX: 415 each, tied

16. owned by toys: 390

17. TroupeMaster: 373

18. Caileh: 372

19. Mordeth: 369

20. cerulean_skies: 365

21. rubybear: 362

22. Hasekerstin: 356

23. Arkenidae: 319

24. FyoraSilverwolf: 317

25. Lightchaotic: 288

26. _smoczyca_: 278

27. Wahya: 262

28. Snelly: 259

29. Deranged Pegasus: 256

30. eevee_em: 241

31. Angel_Princess: 214

RUNNER-UP WINNERS

32. Ha-Ki: 209

33. Vampiresswolf: 207

34. 7Kiran7: 184

35. alecia_rosen: 169

36. circeramone: 167

37. and 38. Azura and Hawkster: 156 each, tied

39. valenwind92: 155

40. Azhure: 154

41. Firstborn Dragon: 147

42. Puppyloverdog10000: 136

43. Fire-Ice: 127

44. clara954: 113

45. sorenna: 104

46. and 47. nynaevesilverwind and lady_caetlyn: 101 each, tied

48. Beckster: 96

49. nuttymeg3: 83

50. and 51. bionelly and yaquiidru: 76 each, tied

52. Kizzikins: 75

As well as plenty more competitors with less than 75 Spitfires! The total number of Spitfires collected by all competitors was 20,022!

Details on the verification process can be found here.

We will now begin to match the winners with their donators one by one, in order. Once the holidays are over, we will begin to do the same for Runner-Up winners. And if you're a top Runner-Up winner-- fret not! One of the Holly winners may decline, or we may have a last minute donation, and then guess where the extra Hollies go? wink.gif

Also, to let you guys know, I'll be doing the prize distribution on my own account to make things easier, so if you're a winner, expect a PM from me, not the project account. happy.gif

Congratulations everyone!

The turn out this year was utterly fantastic! And my goodness there were some mind-blowing numbers!

*jumps up and down* Can't wait to breed some Hollies this year!

I want to personally thank all the people who organised, moderated, confirmed and donated their Holly offspring to this contest.

I am so excited, and I truly appreciate all you have done, and cannot wait to receive my Holly egg prize.

Congratulations to all the other winners!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Edited by plumeriarose

Well done everyone .. 20k Spits ohmy.gif

Some of you got more spits than I have total dragons on my scroll, congrats to the winners. It was fun and I got great start to my small Spit army in the process that I have been wanting to do since I first started over a year ago smile.gif

OMG I won!! For most of the contest I was confident in my numbers, but I was starting to get worried at the end. But I won, and now I really happy biggrin.gif

Thank you to everyone who made this contest possible. I've always loved Hollies, and I was devastated when we found out they were going to drop in the cave every year (Which was a really long time ago, now that I think about it blink.gif ). I knew I'd never get one without the generosity of a gifter, but this contest gave me the ability to earn my gift instead of just hoping to get lucky. So, thank you gifters, mods, etc. I really appreciate it.

A great BIG Thank You to all who made this contest possible and Congrats to all who participate in this year's Holly Contest.

The number of spits collected is truely awesome.

Wow, some of you guys worked really hard for your Holly, congrats!

Thanks to everyone who spent their free time digging through our scrolls and verifying all our spitfires, and thanks to all fellow competitors as well smile.gif

Congrats to everyone that one. I hope I can grab a holly in the overage cave this year. If not I am so in on the contest for next year. ANyone know what we would have to grab or breed for that one?

Congrats to everyone that one. I hope I can grab a holly in the overage cave this year. If not I am so in on the contest for next year. ANyone know what we would have to grab or breed for that one?

I think that it will be announced next year so that everybody has an equal chance smile.gif

Congrats everyone!

I have got the same problem every Holiday when it comes to gifting eggs. Please excuse me for my stupid question, but how long can I hold an egg via teleport-link? Still 24 hours or has it been changed?

Edited by drabrugon

Congrats everyone!

I have got the same problem every Holiday when it comes to gifting eggs. Please excuse me for my stupid question, but how long can I hold an egg via teleport-link? Still 24 hours or has it been changed?

You might want to check out the help section - there was some mention in the Tiny Little Questions area about this and I think TJ said he was going to clarify this before the holiday so that people don't panic.

Wow! 20K+ spits were collected! Jeez you guys really did a number this year. Congrats to all the winners!

What are the runner-up prizes? I have a few CB Rare dragons I can breed.

If I can remember right, we had one very awesome runner-up prize this year. biggrin.gif

Also, congratulations to everyone! I am so proud of you guys, to be a mod has been a HUGE honor. smile.gif

Edited by Ninetails

ohmy.gif OMG! I'm so excited/happy/all-of-the-positive-emotions right now!!!! I can't believe I won/am going to get a Holly! Seriously, I just can't even use words right now. Many thanks to the organizers, and congrats to the other winners!

Though.... Is there any idea of a timeline for when the Hollies are going to be selected/given out? I leave to visit family December 21 and won't be back until December 28, and my internet access during that time will likely be limited to my phone. unsure.gif I can probably walk my boyfriend through logging in for me and ensuring the Holly is safe and well-tended on my scroll if necessary, but he has never used the site before, so I'd have to explain everything. <.<;;;