The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2013

It seems like I made a mistake somewhere in my google doc where I have extra dragons somewhere in the list. At the moment I'm adding numbers to all of my Spits' names and it seems like I have 2 extras in the doc (which is the primary reason I haven't updated my count in months).

Would it be ok to change my way of recording information to the names on my scroll, or would it be better if I keep looking for which dragons are repeated in the doc and update then?

To try to make up for such a -not-so-happy post, here's a pretty Spitfire to build up someone's army smile.gif

Nice .. very pretty indeed .. Thank you so much. I am only up to 4th gen myself. (seems I have glut of males with not many females to mate with, so am restocking with more females to continue)

I managed to get a 7th gen, but that was almost 4 months ago because I found a very pretty 5th gen on the AP. Now I'm facing the same problem and it looks like the mass-catching-and-breeding of Spitfires if finally showing itself - I only get about 1 in 3 breedings to be successful now laugh.gif

ETA: By the way, very short notice BUT!! I really like the first banner posted in the 2nd post. Unfortunately, the counter was still at 335 days, but it made me wonder, can I make a banner using an online countdown generator an put it in my signature?(or post it here for others to use)

Edited by RulenneClarissa

I managed to get a 7th gen, but that was almost 4 months ago because I found a very pretty 5th gen on the AP. Now I'm facing the same problem and it looks like the mass-catching-and-breeding of Spitfires if finally showing itself - I only get about 1 in 3 breedings to be successful now laugh.gif

ETA: By the way, very short notice BUT!! I really like the first banner posted in the 2nd post. Unfortunately, the counter was still at 335 days, but it made me wonder, can I make a banner using an online countdown generator an put it in my signature?(or post it here for others to use)

You are very welcome to do so. laugh.gif

You are very welcome to do so. laugh.gif

Thnank you biggrin.gif

Boy is it hard to find a generator though... Most create an entire page or only give an HTML code. Got this one in BBCode though (they had no 'blank' or Christmas styles T_T):

user posted image

I think I'll add a holy picture to the side if I'll still have enough space in my signature.

Yea I am seeing the same thing. I still see several CB in desert or from the AP, so it is kinda odd that I am only seeing problems trying to breed. Not only is the breeding not as successful, but I am having about half of my attempts that are flat refusing mates. The few females I do have available are only available because they keep refusing mates. Think my one 2nd gen female refused three mates in row now.

Edited by Hawkster

Yea I am seeing the same thing. I still see several CB in desert or from the AP, so it is kinda odd that I am only seeing problems trying to breed. Not only is the breeding not as successful, but I am having about half of my attempts that are flat refusing mates. The few females I do have available are only available because they keep refusing mates. Think my one 2nd gen female refused three mates in row now.

I'm getting quite a number of refusals as well, so I just keep breeding more 2nd gens (I don't know how many CB's I have... those seem to pop up everywhere!)

I did notice that Fertility can really help with pairs that just don't breed eggs (but don't refuse either). I had a female Spitfire like that. In the end I think I had to go through 5 dragons before she produced an egg, but I just kept trying with different dragons each week until she eventually gave an egg.

I have a 7th gen as well, trying to get an 8th gen, the going is slow. Some days 3 spites will drop in the desert, other days I'll check every so often and not see one. I have given up looking in the AP for spites, there are soo many eggs there, and I don't have all day to wait. Most of my pairs are giving me eggs, there are some refuses when I try to make new pairs, or they don't give me an egg. Also, I have waaay too many cb females and only a few cb males.

I'd like to update my total to 516, please!

Thanks for the compliments earlier on my lineage! biggrin.gif

Wow, you guys are really dedicated!

I maight join a project if you make one for 2014

Good luck guys

Wow, you guys are really dedicated!

I maight join a project if you make one for 2014

Good luck guys

ha ha, would not say really dedicated. My original goal was to have 100 - 125, which I should have no problems getting. However, I realized awhile ago now, that probably will not be enough to get a Holly. So yea, must be a lot that are very dedicated as I do not think there were such high numbers last year.

But I really joined because when I first started playing I thought I would love to have an army of Spit's, so this gives me that chance to have my army while having some fun and helping out in this thread. Who knows .. I might even be able to do better than my goal too and get a Holly.

I have a spitfire to donate to this thread for whomever grabs it first.

3rd gen from ultraviolet parents ~ Lineage || Adopt

Since we're mentioning breeding issues, I've not had much luck lately either. The egg here is the first I've had in a while. Still weirds me out when spitfires eggs come from ultras.

Edited by Draketeeth

I have a spitfire to donate to this thread for whomever grabs it first.

3rd gen from ultraviolet parents ~ Lineage || Adopt

Since we're mentioning breeding issues, I've not had much luck lately either. The egg here is the first I've had in a while. Still weirds me out when spitfires eggs come from ultras.

Got this lovely. Thanks heaps.

Hi!

I wonder if it's okay that I change from having my Spittys listed in a forum post, and instead I tell you which pages on my scroll they are on? Like, right now they're at pages 5-8 and when the page numbers change I'll tell you about it?

Updated!

With others' help I have been able to fix quite a few errors that have been in the first posts, thank you very much everyone!

-Fixed Fade's post information (Thanks Hawkster happy.gif)..

-Took this holly off of our lists since it seems to have been released (Thanks xeyla!).

Now for the updates!

StarGirl17, Hawkster, Kurane, Mordeth, tetra, Merion, Snelly: I have individually updated all of your spitfire counts.

RulenneClarissa: You are absolutely permitted to change how you would like to record your spitfires, I just appreciate you notifying me. smile.gif I have also added your banner to our signature and to the third post. Thank you very much! <3

Caileh: Sure! I will change your count type now! wink.gif

Twilightdragon983: It's NEVER to late to start. :3 Like someone mentioned earlier everyone last year got a prize, and seeing that we have so many donations this year it most likely wont be any different.. smile.gif Plus there is always the possibility of us having another contest for 2014!

Edited by The Holly Contest

Ah, I forgot to mention earlier, but I'd also like to add dragons I can breed for the runner-up prizes - I've had the luck of getting my hands on much prettier dragons than when I first signed up. I'm not sure if I should list them here though.

As for the account type, I'll stick with the doc for now and if I don't find the mistake by the end of this month I'll post again to change my recording type smile.gif

For the thread-stalkers, here's a Spitty egg for you: velociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngvelociraptor.pngand gone!

Hmmm I did not notice one of the Hollies is now Wild .. wonder whom did not get credit for finding that.

Oh and btw, there are over 11,100 spitfires from competitors. I have not even counted everyone's.

Edited by Hawkster

Hmmm I did not notice one of the Hollies is now Wild .. wonder whom did not get credit for finding that.

Oh and btw, there are over 11,100 spitfires from competitors. I have not even counted everyone's.

Wow, that's a LOT of Spitfires O_O

There's also a lot of people who haven't updated their numbers in a while (or at all) so there's actually much more?

I decided to track my spitfires on my scroll after all. The contest Spitfires start on page 5 from the Spitfire named "Let us Commence the Army". The current count is 711, now that I've made sure I have the right numbers smile.gif

And last but not least, here's another Spitfire looking for a home :3

Edited for typo's smile.gif