The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2013

Thank you to Pterocks and all the mods and organizers of this wonderful event, and congratulations to all the winners. <3

If my Holly hasn't been chosen by Christmas Eve I will breed it and keep the egg/hatchie until it is chosen. If it looks like it will hatch before it is chosen I will influence it correctly.

This goes for me as well.

I should add though, that picking it up as an egg will allow the winner of my Holly the choice of mates, from my Horses named Justin Morgan, Mister Ed, Bold Secretariat or my leap year Horse, Leaping Kilyzaretta Silvon, named in reference to his egg date and an amalgam of the spriters' names. <3

I hope this info is some help to the winners in their decision.

Many thanks and much love to the moderators, verifiers and kind donors! I'll be joining the ranks of donors next year to pay it forward and spread the hollies.

Ah, thanks for the info! I just checked the spreadsheet and nobody has requested my Holly yet (lots of players are still being verified, though). I guess I'll just sit back and relax until I hear something. smile.gif

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help! I can help verify as long as there is some way to make sure I'm not doing work that someone else is doing or has already done.

Edited by Ioma

My Holly has been bred and the egg fogged. If it gets close to 3 days I shall influence it and fog it again.

My Holly is hatched and fogged as well. I forgot to influence; if someone chooses mine and it genders wrong than I owe you another one of the correct gender next year.

Thanks for posting the spreadsheet!

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Well, I bred my Holly. I'll hold onto it and hopefully one of the winners will want to claim it.

My Holly is probably going to be hatched by the time it gets chosen (if it does). tongue.gif

Edit: My Holly baby has gone to it's new home. smile.gif

Edited by Terces

My Holly has been bred xd.png Question if the spreadsheet says my Holly was chosen should I make contact or will I be contacted with a PM link first?

My Holly has been bred xd.png Question if the spreadsheet says my Holly was chosen should I make contact or will I be contacted with a PM link first?

Sorry about that, I try to PM right away, but I had a computer crash right in the middle of everything tonight D:

On another note: Only seven prizes remain unclaimed, from inactive/unresponsive winners. I will try to have them all distributed by the end of tomorrow, but if your Holly hasn't been chosen, please try to breed and hold onto it.

Edited by Pteprocks

Lightchaotic has received their egg from me! Congratulations!

I am also thrilled that I now have several Hollies that I can donate eggs from for next year's contest if there is going to be one. biggrin.gif

Edited by Ioma

Let me say Merry Christmas to everyone. I shall breed my holly dragon that was offered at the beginning. Recently caught another one few days back, so now I'll offer the next generation for next year should we do this again of my holly dragons.

Edited by GokaiPink

Thanks to Vakarian for my Holly! biggrin.gif I'm definitely going to donate the offspring next year if the contest is still on.

[Though, I kind of want to participate as well, if I can, to see where participating from Day 1 gets me. xd.png ]

As with many of the others, my holly has been bred and is hidden on my scroll. smile.gif. Congrats to all te winners!

All Hollies have now been assigned to the winners! Thannk you everyone for donating and competing, and happy holidays! In all, after last-minute extra donations and issues with existing donations, 34 competitors will receive Hollies. Runner-up prize distribution will begin soon.

Thanks to Vakarian for my Holly! biggrin.gif I'm definitely going to donate the offspring next year if the contest is still on.

[Though, I kind of want to participate as well, if I can, to see where participating from Day 1 gets me. xd.png ]

Sure, you can do both, Ha-Ki did this year. smile.gif

Would next years contest be announced here before it starts?

We'll post in this thread when we switch, yes, and if it goes like last year, the contest should start sometime in the second week of January.

Have you decided which breed will be "collected" for the contest next year?

My Holly offspring has been sent out, congratulations to every winner smile.gif

Thank your for everyone who organised this, my Holly offspring will go to this thread again next year if it is still aroun!

Have you decided which breed will be "collected" for the contest next year?

Yes we have. smile.gif It will be very interesting breed for this contest I would say. I am looking forward to it!

Yes we have. smile.gif It will be very interesting breed for this contest I would say. I am looking forward to it!

Wonderful smile.gif I hope next years contest goes as well as this years

How long are we supposed to hold the Hollies before they are assigned to the next person on the list? I've been holding it for 48 h now, and as I have incubated it out of habit, it has hatched. I don't want it to grow up on my scroll sad.gif

Edit: Suggestion for next year: Have people submit priority lists which Holly they want before the breeding season even starts, and let them also state when they will be able to accept their price. I perfectly understand that christmas is a time for family and that some people might have limited internet access during family visits, but it is also frustrating for a donator to have their gift sit on their scroll forever.

Edited by Ha-Ki