StarSea

Garden Creatures

God, what the heck is going wrong?? It worked fine before! sad.gif I'm completely out of ideas except for moving to an even later version of Mysidia Adopts, which I really don't want to do. I wish it would tell me what is wrong and how to fix it... I've got one more idea, but I highly doubt it'll work...

Well that sucks... Can't even allow users to adopt through Promocode. It tells you it was successful, but it doesn't show up. sad.gif

Edited by StarSea

just re-re-registered and i am going to adopt some creatures :3, i also want to work on a fox creature(zorua's are foxes).

EDIT: there are two turndacan's that we can adopt??

EDIT.2: it's gone

Edited by zorua9

The creatures are showing up, but the Turndacans turn up twice.

Edit: Not anymore.

Edited by Ultra

Yeah, that was my 'test'. I was wondering if it was just the first four, but now I'm noticing something that shouldn't be there...

The turndacan I just adopted through the promo code was sent to no body... It was made but it wasn't put anywhere, so now there's just some random turndacan egg floating around somewhere. I'm going to move it to myself and see what happens.

Still doesn't show up... :L

Alright, there is one final thing I'm going to try and if it doesn't work, I may go ask for my money back for the time I have left and possibly purchase the site back through a different hoster...

Mindless, could you stay for a few more minutes to help me test this final thing?

Edited by StarSea

it seems the site is down....for now, oh well, we can all ways say that GC is in beta testing, to work out some bugs, also when me and mindless become full moderators will we be able to post in the news section on the forum??

Don't worry, everybody, I'm making sure I've got your information. I'm not sure how the password thing works, but hopefully the code of random letters and numbers makes your password.

I'm gonna see about making a new database and see if perhaps it was something wrong with the database that was causing the problem.

EDIT:

Zorua, most likely not. Sorry. sad.gif

Edited by StarSea

Well if the random password code thing doesn't work, we can always register. It's not that hard and takes about a minute or two. I don't think it really matters as long as you are able to get the adopts script working.

Edited by Mindless Interest

Alright, it isn't working, so I'm going to see about 1.3.0... Let's hope it isn't too far back from 1.3.1

I'm not sure what's different between the 1.3.# editions, but on 1.3.2, the entire admin CP wouldn't work (but I think I may have found a way around that so if 1.3.0 is set too far back for my liking, then I'm going to try out 1.3.2 again), and now on 1.3.1, adopting won't work.

EDIT:

Managed to piss off my brother while in the act of uploading the 1.3.0 files. tongue.gif It really wasn't that hard. xd.png He was playing Battlefield3 and the upload was working on some big files and he started lagging. And if he gets mad at dying, it was so easy to make him mad with the lag. And he's always screaming at my stepsister and I for slamming around our controllers, but he does it anyways. dry.gif Anyways, 1.3.0 is done uploading. Now time to install and check it out...

Edited by StarSea

Hmmm ok. I wish I could help somehow, but I know nothing of coding or scripting for adoptable sites. I hope everything works out for you. I'll be on for a long time, since I have no life as of now xd.png So if you need anything, just ask. smile.gif

I try to log in but it keeps saying my password is invalid, it is the same one I used to register so how can it be the wrong one? sad.gif

*headdesk* Okay, asking for my money back... Used new database, new script, new everything and still adopting won't work. dry.gif Definitely getting my money back. What a waste of $47!! Gah! And then however much I lost from the 19 wasted days (which I doubt was much, but still...). Let's hope that 10xhosting doesn't cost a bunch because I know that everything for version 1.3.2 works there so... I hope they give me my money back soon. Until then, should I unbann you all at the myadopts site?

EDIT:

Jedi- I reset the database again, so now nobody has their account anymore. I just have the MySQL pages open from the database where everybody was registered.

Edited by StarSea

Yeah, I think you should unban us for now. Just until you get everything settled on the new site. Then we will be able to get the new creatures, and new user will have a chance to experience GC.

I'm sorry things didn't work out sad.gif

EDIT: I just realized we went through 2 pages in this topic just trying to figure out what was wrong with the new site. tongue.gif

laugh.gif Indeed. Anyways, I'm changing the title and changing the url on the first post back to the myadopts site. *sigh* It's a shame because it was working really well.

*headdesk* Okay, asking for my money back... Used new database, new script, new everything and still adopting won't work. dry.gif Definitely getting my money back. What a waste of $47!! Gah! And then however much I lost from the 19 wasted days (which I doubt was much, but still...). Let's hope that 10xhosting doesn't cost a bunch because I know that everything for version 1.3.2 works there so... I hope they give me my money back soon. Until then, should I unbann you all at the myadopts site?

EDIT:

Jedi- I reset the database again, so now nobody has their account anymore. I just have the MySQL pages open from the database where everybody was registered.

Sorry about all your trouble with the new site Star. And I hope you get your money back and then some.

Umm not sure what that means unsure.gif does that mean your back to using the old site again? Or do we re-register on the new one again?

We're going back to the old one for now. I'm chatting with an assistant right now and if, by some miracle, they can manage to ...

HOLY censorkip.gif!!! THEY JUST ADOPTED AMAI NEKO ON MY ACCOUNT!! *headdesk* They just told me they changed permission for the cgi-bin and tmp folder to 755... God.

Okey, I'm gonna reset the site one more time just so that everything is fresh, and I'm going to use version 1.3.1 again because .0 was all wacko in the Admin CP.

I'm gonna do this as fast as I can so you all will have as much time as you can for adopting the '12 christmas and '13 valentines.

Edited by StarSea

So I take it this means Mysidia works? xd.png I had a feeling it was something really simple. I'll headdesk with you.

*headdesk*

I'm so glad you finally got everything to work biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Thanks Mindless, that made my day. smile.gif

*flails and rolls off to piss off brother again* biggrin.giflaugh.gif

Cake and ice cream for alllllll!!!

We're going back to the old one for now. I'm chatting with an assistant right now and if, by some miracle, they can manage to ...

HOLY censorkip.gif!!! THEY JUST ADOPTED AMAI NEKO ON MY ACCOUNT!! *headdesk* They just told me they changed permission for the cgi-bin and tmp folder to 755... God.

Okey, I'm gonna reset the site one more time just so that everything is fresh, and I'm going to use version 1.3.1 again because .0 was all wacko in the Admin CP.

I'm gonna do this as fast as I can so you all will have as much time as you can for adopting the '12 christmas and '13 valentines.

Great now none of the links work ;( I am so confused as to what site to use anymore. I had just gotten 4 of the Vday ones now I can't even find them anymore. And all the ones I did have I can't find either.

Here are the ones I did have from the old site

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Jedi40

*laughs like a maniac* O_O well isn't that good to here, maybe after the releases finish you(star) should just learn more coding so when the next release or something you can be prepared.

EDIT: my creatures from the old site can be found in the forum section of hatchery.......

Edited by zorua9

There was one piece of script that had to do with adopting and user permission which inabled us from adopting any creatures. Star asked for assistance on this issue and it was fixed. We will now be using the new site http://gardencreatures.net/ and once everything is back up, you will now be able to adopt creatures. I think you will be able to get all of your old creatures as well. No need to panic.