StarSea

Garden Creatures

Everyone has just recently been sent an email informing them that they can re-register and of some changes. I just added back all of my creatures and am working on a few other things, but I'm going to check over the user list again for anybody else. I'm working on a Wiki-like page right now.

Garden Creatures uses PHP, MySQL, CSS, and HTML. If needed, we can also use Perl and Python. I've now got an email solely for GC- starsea@gardencreatures.net

Edited by StarSea

Alright, I can't do anything more tonight, but I have set it so that the Froster Draks and Amai Neko will both show up in the adopt page as soon as it becomes midnight, February 16th, so you people in opposite timezones can start grabbing your Valentines egg in the middle of the day.

Night everyone!

quick update: here i found a bug or something:

invalid adoptable id specified

The ID specified does not match any adoptable in our system. Sorry. If you wish, you can (link starts)adopt a pet(link ends). this is when i try to adopt the new release

Edited by zorua9

Just registered on the new site. So do we wait til you get all our stuff moved over before getting any new eggs? BTW, the Amai Neko egg is soooooo pretty!!

Wheres the link to the new site? unsure.gif All I get is the old one when I clink on any egg or link in the OP.

Never mind I found it. But I can't adopt any of the new eggs

Edited by Jedi40

if anyone doesn't know what the new sites URL is gardencreatures.net, there should of been an email sent to any players who's account been migrated

if anyone doesn't know what the new sites URL is gardencreatures.net, there should of been an email sent to any players who's account been migrated

I tried that one first and Chrome could not find it so I had to use www.gardencreatures.net and it worked just fine.

ah, the list of urls that work: www.www.gardencreatures.net , www.gardencreatures.net , gardencreatures.net

And everything up to a million www. before it! xd.png I think I figured out why it does that, the adopting stuff, Zorua. I'm having a hard time typing right now because I've got a cat on my arm, so I'll tell you when he gets off. laugh.gif

Okay, now that he's off of my arm, time to explain things to the best of my knowledge!!

Why users can no longer adopt from the adopts page:

I'm thinking that this happens when I give someone a creature from the Admin CP. I'm saying this because when I give someone a creature from the Admin CP, it uses up a code, but because that code didn't come through the adopts page, the adopts page is trying to give out that code. Though, since there is already a creature with that ID, it can't give it out and so it's just stuck trying to figure out what to do. I asked for some help on how to fix it, and I've got an idea how, but I'd rather have someone help me out on this one than completely ruin the site trying to figure out how.

Until then, I'm going to spam poke the adopts page to see if I can get it to start working again. Somehow, before I reset the site for the fivemillionth third time, I had managed to do this yet I was able to grab some eggs, so I'm going to see if I can replicate that again.

Transferring Seeds:

I've been looking around the Admin CP and everywhere, but I can't seem to find out how to give people seeds... So for now you've only got that 350 that you start with when you join. Sorry. sad.gif

Transferring Creatures:

I just didn't want anyone transferring from the old site to pick up any creatures because I want to make sure I give you all of your creatures first so I don't make any mistakes.

Transferring building materials (Waters and Vases):

Somehow the move has turned all Waters and Vases into Spring Waters!

(Not literally, but if you had a Water or Vase, I'm giving you a Spring Water instead.)

Badges:

I believe I had said something about a Christmas badge once, but I can't remember when... Anyways, I'm looking into make a badge area somehow and then you'll all get a Christmas and Valentines badge.

A little detail on the Valentines release:

The name Amai Neko is Japanese (I'm not gonna tell you what for yet because it'd kinda give away what the adult will be...) and so, yep... Now we've got a Japanese-named creature. smile.gif I believe you can all see the egg description? "This deep red egg smells sweet." Here's a hint as to what Amai Neko means- "This deep red egg smells sweet." I hope I didn't give the adult too much detail... mom kept telling me that it looked fine, but to me it just looked so plain...

Edited by StarSea

*Stares sadly at all her seeds on the other site* sad.gif Oh well.

Yay, badges! biggrin.gif

lol I googled Amai Neko after I saw it(though I ran into a page that might mean Amai isn't the right word(if it means what I think it means), but I don't speak Japanese so I don't know for sure). xd.png

I take it you fixed the Seeds issue because I now have 1568 Seeds. ohmy.gif

Badges would be amazing!

Neko means cat right? So Sweet Cat could be a lot of things. Maybe like a chocolate or other candy cat? Or maybe a cat with flora that emits a aroma? I guess we just have to wait and see smile.gif

EDIT: I now have 2410 Seeds just from clicking on everyone's pets. biggrin.gif

Edited by Mindless Interest

I'd like to join, but the link on the front post is broken. Can someone link me the current site, because I realize it's moving? Or should I wait for the move to complete? (I want the V-Day creature D:)

Well the link is http://gardencreatures.net/

But the site isn't working for me as of now, funny because it was working about 15 mins ago...Maybe Star is resetting the site to fix some bugs right now. But try the link, maybe it will work for you. And if it doesn't, you should join as soon as you can. New members are always welcome smile.gif

Well the link is http://gardencreatures.net/

But the site isn't working for me as of now, funny because it was working about 15 mins ago...Maybe Star is resetting the site to fix some bugs right now. But try the link, maybe it will work for you. And if it doesn't, you should join as soon as you can. New members are always welcome smile.gif

That's the link I clicked before and it didn't work, and it still doesn't. But thanks for the information *waits*

Yay, Seeds! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Should my Grandamels have genders? They did on the other site, but not on the new one(that I can tell). Nevermind, there's a Gender thing, but the image is broken.

Edited by Raikielia

Sorry about that you two. I'm attempting to fix the problem with adopting and breeding so that you can adopt the V-Day creature.

Rai, what did you come up with? If it's that yahoo page that said Amai means "sweet cakes", they translated wrong or something. Either that or Japanese people don't know how to speak their own language properly. xd.png What'd you find on Amai?

EDIT:

Just realized that may make it sound as if I'm from Japan. laugh.gif No, I'm not Japanes (I wish though!), I'm all American. tongue.gif

Edited by StarSea

happy.gif So do I. Omoi means "I think", so if you ever go to Japan, just make sure you say Omoi when you mean "I think" instead of Amai. laugh.gif

Alright, I'm starting with Jedi's first and working my way up. Everyone's codes are randomly picked from this site.

Well, sadly, that didn't work. sad.gif It just changed it to 0... So I'm going to try deleting everyone's creatures and see if that works. (Updating index page)

Wooo!!! Woohoo, woo! biggrin.gif *flails and dances, then falls flat on the floor*

Well, I figured out how to do MySQL database transfers, but it came out with the same results when attempting to adopt soooo I'm thinking it's something in the database that's causing the issue meaning... *files madly through the MySQL*

EDIT (for the 70th time... o.o)

Alright, I think I may have found the file that is messing it up... the users file (of all things!! D:). I'm going to try this one more time without using any of the users files and if it doesn't work, I'm not sure what it was, but either way, everybody's got to re-register. sad.gif

EDIT (71st time)

I really have no idea what is wrong because I even wiped it and used a new database and everything and it's still saying that the ID is incorrect. So I'm gonna give this one more shot and wipe every aspect of it. :L

Edited by StarSea

Okay! Now everybody can re-register (again)! Just start adopting whatever whenever. I'm sorry that you've all got to start from scratch, but after all of that mess, I'm kinda worried about giving out pets again like that. Like the page says, just click here to get past the notice page.

I'm glad you got everything figured out, even if you have to reset the site. I am also kinda fine with starting fresh. I knew from the start that the old MyAdopts site was just going to be a starting stage for Garden Creatures. So, this just means that the site is moving on the bigger and better things! biggrin.gif

Okay, please tell me you all can adopt the creatures! D:

*dies* What the heck is wrong!?! Why does it keep doing this??? *sobs* I am running out of ideas except for moving to the other host I had set up, but then I've wasted my money on this site. I really don't know what to do. sad.gif

Edited by StarSea

I'm sorry to say that we can't sad.gif

Have you asked around the Mysidia forums for help? Maybe you can contact the administrator and ask for help on this?