StarSea

Garden Creatures

Alright, now that we've got an adult (and thus had to go through hatchie-egg stages. xd.png), I'll release their 'description'.

Hatchling:

Out from the egg topples a small hatchling. It loves to play in the flowers and eat chocolates.

MHatchling:

Look, it's growing! This hatchling loves to play in the flowers and eat chocolates. And now it's starting to smell like them to!!

Adult:

Amai Nekos, so named for their Earthly cat-like figure and their sweet scents, are an odd creature. They love to eat man-made sweets as well as making their nests of flowers. The females are rather finicky and will not accept a nest with withering flowers, so they are almost always found out gathering fresh ones. From their diet to their nesting habits, the smells of these creatures have become more potent and like what they eat. Amai Nekos had once been hunted to near extinction for their pelts but when it had been realized that it isn't their pelt that holds the scent, people had began raising them from kits to have them in their own homes.

Edited by StarSea

A blog is like a online journal/diary.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I can't find is the members list so I can give their adopts clicks. Can you add it again Star?

If I can get my stupid internet to work. dry.gif Might have to spend the whole day at Chick-Fil-A and use their internet. The only two sites that have been working for me are Chicken smoothie and google. The sites that work keep changing and this whole thing is just getting annoying. v_v We've tried resetting the router and I've scanned my computer for viruses several many times, and I'm starting to thing that Avast is junk. Every single time I scan with it, it says there's absolutely nothing wrong...

Anyways, I spam refreshed the GC admin cp and it finally worked (five hours later.), so there's the user page. smile.gif (Yeppers, been trying to post this for forever. v_v)

Never mind, now the forums are kinda working, as is GC, but I've lost google...

Aaaand... there goes Chickensmoothie. dry.gif

YAAAAY! Finally got my internet to work (of course, when I've got to go to bed... dry.gif Anyways, if anybody wants to check out what the Admin CP looks like and all the cool behind-the-scenes whatnot of a site, I just downloaded a screen recorder and it's a 30 day free trial. smile.gif)

Edited by StarSea

That'd be cool. smile.gif

My Froster Drak(o.O) is taking forever to level up. @_@

*snickers* My mom's Betta was flaring his gills at her. xd.png He's a very mean fish.

Edited by Raikielia

Thanks for adding the users again Star. I am having the same trouble with my Drak's. I'm sorry but can we change the name of the Froster Drak's? with just the Drak at the end makes them sound like they are Vampires or something laugh.gif .Just a idea...

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

drak like dracul or dracula, and adding users to the site is good(even though it was there origanaly).

drak like dracul or dracula

They are one and the same..the same name for the same Vampire. Froster Drake looks better to me.

Sorry, I can't edit names with myadopts. sad.gif

Holidays will always be set at the same number of clicks to become adults- 200

Turndacan and Grandamel are currently the same 'rarity'- 150

laugh.gif Rai. xd.png I hope I did okay on the shading, I'm not used to doing dragons, especially westerns without wings...

Voice or no for the video?? I think it'd be better to do it with voice so I can explain things but I've got a stupid voice... laugh.gif And tons of background noises... I'ma try. tongue.gif

*hides* I can't do this! D: My voice is so squeaky and stupid and meehhennn... sad.gif I don't like my voice. sad.gif And I have no idea what to say... D:

Jesus! xd.png I did some test records to see how well my mic works and you can hear me tapping on the mouse pad! It sounds like a heart beat. laugh.gif And the mic, thankfully, works really well. My sound is almost completely off but I can still hear myself loud and clear. I'm gonna work on, perhaps... a script as if I don't I'm probably going to die trying to think of what to say and when to show you guys what... *headdesk*

Edited by StarSea

Sorry, I can't edit names with myadopts. sad.gif

Holidays will always be set at the same number of clicks to become adults- 200

Turndacan and Grandamel are currently the same 'rarity'- 150

Cool, can't wait for more Holiday creatures! =D Just curious about something, do you mind taking creature suggestion/requests or do you just want you/your artists to come up with things?

laugh.gif Rai. xd.png I hope I did okay on the shading, I'm not used to doing dragons, especially westerns without wings...

lol It's really pretty, I just think it looks a little funny with out horns or ears or wings or frills or something. =P

Voice or no for the video?? I think it'd be better to do it with voice so I can explain things but I've got a stupid voice... laugh.gif And tons of background noises... I'ma try. tongue.gif

*hides* I can't do this! D: My voice is so squeaky and stupid and meehhennn... sad.gif I don't like my voice. sad.gif And I have no idea what to say... D:

Jesus! xd.png I did some test records to see how well my mic works and you can hear me tapping on the mouse pad! It sounds like a heart beat. laugh.gif And the mic, thankfully, works really well. My sound is almost completely off but I can still hear myself loud and clear. I'm gonna work on, perhaps... a script as if I don't I'm probably going to die trying to think of what to say and when to show you guys what... *headdesk*

lol I hate my voice, too. I think I sound like a guy when I hear myself(plus I'm not that great at talking anyway). ._.

not really an EDIT: Freaking emoticon limit. *insert emoticon here*

xd.png Sorry, I took all of them. laugh.gif But when I hit the limit, I just get the image urls and do it like that for the rest instead. tongue.gif

Okay, I did like... 10 recordings and in the first few seconds I'm just like uh no. xd.png One more try! Maybe it'd be better if I took suggestions on what parts you wanted to see... like the coding, how to code,the site admin cp, stuff like that. :L

I'm open for anything! happy.gif I'll take requests and let others come up with their own. smile.gif

In the recording I just deleted I showed some pics ofstuff,so maybe if for one you all just wanna see stuff I've sketched out, I could do that

Huh, I didn't think of that. xd.png

Seeing the code and the admin CP would be cool(I have no idea what else is on your side xd.png).

That's cool. smile.gif I'll wait til the current one is finished, though(don't wanna drown you in suggestions xd.png).

EDIT: Holiday's don't have alts, do they?

Edited by Raikielia

Sorry I didn't show any of the PHP, HTML and stuff. My throat hurts. v_v I hate having a brother whom I end up yelling at most of the time. I swear, my life would be loads easier with a younger brother instead. Not to mention the fact that I have like... no coat at all. xd.png I stand outside waiting for mom to come pick us up while he just wanders around the school with his friend. x_x Thankfully I haven't gotten pneumonia again yet. Had it once and I didn't like it at all.

Anyways, I'm working on uploading it to youtube right now... I made it private (never uploaded videos anywhere before, so I hope it's only people with the link can see it...) unsure.gif I feel like such a noob. laugh.gif

Okay, made it unlisted

Edited by StarSea

Love the naked dragon. Don't forget about the creature I asked you to make for me.

I hate my voice as well and I sound like a guy also.

Nice vid though to hear what you are doing then just watching it would be easier to understand. Maybe you could get someone else to do the recording?

Edit: my speakers are not working/are dead. So if you are speaking I won't hear anything till I get new ones. I just hope it is just my speakers and not the soundboard.

Edited by Jedi40

xd.png Well a deep voice for a guy isn't as bad as a squeaky voice for a girl. laugh.gif And thanks guys. smile.gif

I think my internet is gonna go off soon, so night everybody! I'm gonna get back to work tomorrow. Perhaps during school if the IMC, er... library is open...

Are we going to make a new forum, or use the one that we have going now? And thank you for making the video, it could come in handy if any of use ever want to make a adoptables site. It was also very interesting smile.gif

I'm gonna move us to the new forum because, if I'm remembering correctly from my experience with phpBB forum host, admins can change the maker of posts and other stuff that you can't do with the current forums. (Not only making transferring posts and such easier, but in the case that the changing of a post-maker is needed, it can be done.) If, by some chance, I am able to open a donation pool for GC, then maybe I can add some extra charges to it so that we can have a forum like here. If you've got some kind of internet blocker like we do at school, it doesn't block forums made with Invision because it isn't counted as forums and I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates that. Either charges for that, or to pay someone to implement forums directly into our site for me as I have no idea how in the world to do that. O.o I'm working on it, though I can't say it'll be easy stuff.

I'm moving us from MyAdopts because;

1) Brandon (BMR777) is selling MyAdopts and there's no telling what the buyer is going to do to it... It could be something great, or the could completely trash it and destroy everyone's account and I'd rather be on the safe side

2) There's tons of stuff that you can't do with MyAdopts. If you spotted my link to my Admin CPs video over near the bottom of page 21, there is a ton of stuff that you can't do with the stuff they set you up with on MyAdopts

3) You can make your own coding, CSS, PHP, HTML, MySQL, and all kinds of stuff with your own site. (Not to mention you can use copywrighted images dry.giflaugh.gif I'm not gonna do that, but if someone does happen to have copied images on their site and whomever reports them doesn't see credit may it be there or not, the staff at MA doesn't check it and doesn't return the site if it's false accusations.)

4) In my opinion, having a .net site would be much easier than a .myadopts.com site, though for right now, we're going to be moving to a .x10.mx site instead because the hosters that I payed for the .net site are... junk and they actually want me to pay to get my money back, so I'm never going to trust iPage again...

5) You can add extras to your site without having whatever prefixes, suffixes, or limitations that the hosters of those addons give you (like how one forum hoster won't let you have a form of "forums" in the url, forumotion gives a list of suffixes like .forumotion.com and whatnot) whereas with your own site, you can simply add things like this forum. Instead of something like forums.dragcave.forumotion.com, it's just forums.dragcave.net. And the forums with x10hosting, for now, are gardencreatures.x10.mx/forums/.

6) Though google does put sites by myadopts at the top when specifically listed in the search, you can get popularity up and raise your positions when people search for a more common site. Like I'd be more likely to search for "dragcave" than "dragoncave myadopts site".

7) With your own site, you can control ads as well. I don't know if anybody noticed, but for the few moments that we had users at the .net site, there weren't any ads! (I do plan on adding maybe one or two ads if I upgrade us simply to help pay for site costs, but if I do do that and open a donation pool, then I could end up being able to take them down)

and finally, 8) It's now your site, so you can sell it whenever you want to and all of that fun stuff instead of worrying about the owner of the direct hosting site selling it and then something happening and everyone's sites getting deleted (may it be accidental or not)

And another one, but it isn't really anything super special-

You can decide to share your site if you wish. Like FelisFire and Aywas once where teamed up, and it kinda helped because the coder for FelisFire is also the coder for Aywas, so instead of having to split his time between the sites, he could just go to one site and work on coding for both sections. It was sorta like a party for the users, too. ^^;

I think you sound fine Star (yep got my speakers working again)