StarSea

Garden Creatures

dry.gif I ask mom about buying the site and she says "Got your money?" to which I say yes so then she tells me "Go for it! Where's your card?" *facepalm* She told me I had to spend everything on it by the 18th! ^(*A*^) I asked her if we can go to Walmart tomorrow so I can buy one and she said "I don't know. We might have plans..." <(xVx)> But anyways, from the looks of it, we may be moving soon! If the service is bad/really bad, we'll only stay for the year. If it starts off bad (which I'm assuming it will as I'm not an expert at coding) but gets better as we go, then I may renew it and continue if it stays really good. If it is amazing then I'm going to keep with it and possibly even upgrade. A basic site, I read, takes up at most 5MB. We've got 10GB which would be 10240MB so we should be good. xd.png

In the mean time, sorry work and all that stuff for every corner of our site groups, but I'm going to quit on you for a while so I can start studying up on coding. I hadn't up till now because I expected it to be years before I could move us and so I'd have already gone through Web Design school.

If I learn enough, I may make a special creature designer-like thing. FelisFire users, it'd be somewhat like the lab designer. Species would be creatures, markings would be items, and phenotype would be backgrounds and of the like. I dunno, but anyways, start suggesting ideas!

Suggestion List:

Implement List:

• Breeding
  • Genders
  • Multiple Alts
  • Onsite Hatchery
  • Onsite Forums
  • Onsite Blogs
  • Chat Box
  • User-chooses Themes
  • Trading
  • Items

Do bytes go like: ...kilobytes, megabytes, and then gigabytes... which are the biggest right? 'Cause if so, then a 1GB flash drive isn't as dumb as I think it is xd.png

As for markings, don't forget the common ones like tiger!

/doesntreallyhaveanactiveimaginationatthemoment

You've got (from smallest to largest);

bit____byte____kilobyte________megabyte_______gigabyte

1_____.125____.0001220703____.0000001192____.0000000001

I used to think that a KB was bigger than a MB, but looks like I'm wrong. xd.png

I used to think that too xd.png

I have this 1gig flash drive and it has like, a hundred pictures in there and they all take up so many kilobytes and I was so surprised when I realized how many files were actually in that one flash drive.

So technically the smaller the decimal the bigger the byte is? AWSUM!

1 terra byte = Freakin huge

a terra byte can hold like more than 1024 gb(that is why i want 2 hard drives with 20 tb(which is impossibru)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Sorry about the people on the other site acting like childern, but yeah more you time on here biggrin.gif. And yeah on the new site.

*rubs eyes* Stayed up till around 5 this morning and wanted to stay up later working on my new avatar but I just kinda got bored with it and went to sleep. I had my alarms set for 7, but it looks like I slept through them to 10. Bleh. How is it that one week I can go three days with no sleep and the next I'm sleeping through my alarms? *hangs head* Dahh.

Mother is still sleeping, and I don't want to wake her up in fear that she'll then say no to going to get the card so... :L At least I can, however, practice some of my HTML coding on the Wiki. Go check it out! biggrin.gif I've still got plenty of stuff to do and add, but I'm working on it right now while I eat breakfast (at 2 in the afternoon... user posted image) Too bad I don't have anything decent to practice my PHP and CSS on... I could use GCreatures or GCreations and have you all sit there watching the pretty theme going berserk buuuut. laugh.gif

I've always wanted to learn to code. I've found a site that I'm trying that might help me(get started, anyway).

Ugh, I know what level/clicks the Grandamel hatches and grows at but now I need to figure it out for the Turndacan. xd.png

Edited by Raikielia

Alright everybody!!!! I just sent in payment for our website! I'm going to see if there is a way to temporarily shut down the MyAdopts site to everyone except for myself so that nobody gets ripped off clicks or anything of the like when transferring... I'll let you all know when I get the confirmation email!

EDIT:

Scratch that... It says that it didn't go through and my card says I haven't been docked yet. I just tried to pay again and it says "Failed to authorize: Do Not Honor". O.o Not sure what that means so I guess I'll have to see if mom knows. If I can't get it to work, then I'll have to look at another hoster... v_v

EDIT II:

sleep.gif I'm just now learning that you have to wait 15 days for them to send you an activation code to activate it. God I wish mom would actually read the stuff before doing all this and saying that it's activated. *huffs* Well, my internet goes off in about half an hour so I guess I'll just... do stuff.

Edited by StarSea

Yeah on the new site...sorry about the other stuff Star. Most parents think they know everything so they don't bother to read how long it takes for something to get activated. rolleyes.gif Good luck on the coding.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Alright then... We went back to Giant Eagle today and asked them about the cards and the cashier said that as soon as they scan the bar code to check out, it's activated. So why does it keep rejecting my card? I'm going to look for another host and perhaps we'll try for that one.

EDIT:

I think I may have found us another site hoster for about $35 a year... According to some of my friends at school, they get payed about $100 a month from adsense on youtube or some site so if I can do something like that, then we could just end up covering years simply from adsense. It's also a money back anytime guaranteed hoster so if they are really bad, I should be able to get the money back. I wish I knew what hoster FelisFire and DC used...

EDIT II:

*headdesk* I'm having a hard time transferring as I have no idea what I'm doing... xd.png It's asking me for my authorization code but I was never given any.

EDIT III:

dry.gif The domain name hoster won't give me my epp code meaning I can't do anything at all. I can't pay them and I can't transfer to another host that I can pay... v_v

Edited by StarSea

That is odd that a activated card would not work at all Star. And even with it activated you still could not pay a site with it. Seems fishy to me.

Indeed. *huffs* Anyways, I changed up the CSS quite a bit but now you can actively see how many seeds you have. If you're having any problems with it, just let me know! biggrin.gif

EDIT:

i'm at school right now. I couldn't get my internet to work this morning but anyways, gc now has a website! thankfully I can work on the site from here at school, but i'm unsure if i can get to any of the guides i was looking at when i was at home so i'll do what i can. mom decided to change my internet from 5 to 9 instead to 5:30 to 8. v_v I guess i can spend that time in the morning working on other creatures because if i get up later than 5, then i'm drowsy during my first three periods of school.

either first domain is free, or they're charging money that isn't there... or my calculations are off... i used my $50 card and 47 of it went to a year of hosting and i believe it said the cost of a domain is 12 so i should have a dollar or a few cents left, but i'm not sure as it won't tell me. i'm going to look around some more and see if i can find the total yearly cost. i'm looking at the domain renewal and it says 15 a year so... o.o

47.40 + 14.99 = 50?

12.39 over... ... ...

EDIT II:

Too bad I can't see the site because the site blocker here at the school blocks it due to it being an unknown site. i'm going to fiddle with the site css and theme images so if it looks crazy, sorry about that. o.o

gardencreatures.net

EDIT III:

i edited the css so it should currently look exactly like the original one. like i said, i can't see it.

Edited by StarSea

Like the new larger SEED counter. As for the site all I see is a page with "WELCOME TO GARDEN CREATURES!" in the middle and Home and blog on the left side.

sad.gif I guess it didn't change. Anyways, the control panel is very confusing but I think I found their tutorial guides...

Also, as some of you may have noticed, the counter being there somehow blocks out some of the links on the upper bar. I have an idea of how to change that without making them have to go along the left hand side, but I'm not sure if it'll work just yet...

What was it to look like Star? The site I mean? Good luck with the tutorial.

I exchange the CSS it currently has with the CSS being used on the MyAdopts site.

I'm just going to post some random urls because I'm looking up tutorials on how to make a virtual pet site. Feel free to check them out, but I'm mainly posting them because I can't see them here- they're blocked and categorized as forums so I can't check them.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=htm...d4bduRL3-uXIqpA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=htm...wU6XN2cyPRfjw3Q

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=htm...kAwkzEnTOJQCf6A

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_pet_site

http://www.ehow.com/how_7211973_make-virtu...et-website.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_7801569_make-online-pet-website.html

I'm working on the MyAdopts GC right now to see if I can fix that link bars so that you can all keep playing while I work out this coding stuff... xd.png

Okay, I think I'm finished fiddling with the CSS on the MyAdopts site for now. xd.png

Edited by StarSea

Okay you lost me with all the CSS stuff. Glad you understand all that since I sure don't.

xd.png You should have seen all the tries it took me just to make the little box where you can see your seeds at! xd.png Also, due to the fact that you can still see the very top part of the side menu, I'm thinking that the text will be whatever color the background is from now on. That way you won't have that showing up.

Also, I won't be able to do any work today- got computer taken away... v_v

See you all tomorrow after school!

Speaking of the seed box. It is now wayyy over to the right side of the so much you can't see the full total. Bummer about your computer getting taken away.