StarSea

Garden Creatures

Yeppers! happy.gif As I couldn't exactly have egg description and all that being how I'd like, I'll describe a bit about them in detail, more or less.

Egg: "This egg seems to be covered in a sheet of ice."

Stage 1 Hatchlings: "A small hatchling tumbles from the egg. It's body is cold and it sleeps a lot."

Stage 2 Hatchlings: "A small hatchling tumbles from the egg. It's body is cold and it sleeps a lot. And now it's breathing ice!"

Adults: "Froster Draks are a unique breed found on *plant's name*. They often sleep during the day in the warm sunshine like cats and bury themselves under stones or anything cool they find during the night. Their odd habbits leads to their body temperature ranging anywhere from -36 F to 82 F. Froster Draks are an odd species as they only breed during winter and once an egg is laid, the father breathes a freezing layer of ice over it. The parents leave their frozen eggs buried for almost a year, waiting for first snowfall to bring them out again."

The real eggs are actually brown, but because the father freezes them, the look ice blue and the hatchlings get a type of frostbite, turning them the same ice blue. It's been a part of their tradition for ages; the father freezes the eggs, and then a year later, at first snowfall, the mother brings out her eggs and thaws them, greeting the blue hatchlings as they tumble out of the eggs.

I shalt describe what exactly their body looks like because then it wouldn't be that much of a surprise when you see the first adult, now would it?

Anyways, alrighty! Four it is! Just remember this though, I can't change it unless I reset the site! (well, actually... I might be able to without resetting the site, but I'm not sure yet.)

And yeppers, Jedi! Instead of 'cracking', the icy shell on these ones melt, leaving a soft outer shell of the real egg that the hatchlings can easily break through.

EDIT:

BANNING NOTICE

You all should notice that you can't log in! Check the home page, please, or gardencreatures.net!!

Edited by StarSea

Thanks for all the info on the Christmas egg Star I can't wait to see what they will look like when they hatch.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

two questions: will our accounts migrate to the new site?? and if not, when the site is finished and we make new accounts will we able to get the creatures we had back??

So I tried to read that... and didn't eat much of it.

Starsea, do you still need a name for the planet GC is supposed to be on?

All votes would be awesome! happy.gif

Yes, I do plan on migrating accounts, creatures, items, clicks, and seeds as well as anything else. The problems I'm having now are with the Admin CP... Somehow while uploading/installing the script, it created a www.gardencreatures.net, which is different from just (http://)gardencreatures.net, so I can get on both sites and log in on both of them, but when I attempt anything in the CP of one site, it says there's a HTTP 500 Internal Server error. I change it to the other site and it says I have to log in. So right now the Admin CP is just one massive mess. v_v I have some ideas on how to fix it, so let's hope this works out...

Oh man I missed so much, I didn't even get a Christmas egg ohmy.gif

Sorry for not being on as often, but I have been busy with school stuff. I hope everything works out for you Star, you are working so hard on this. Also, I vote for Eroshime as the world name. It has a very nice ring to it. smile.gif

I will hopefully become more active as of now, and I will also begin spriting for some of the creature suggestions.

Okay, something new on what will be going on with eggs and all that fun stuffs over at the new site (whenever it may be that I can finally get the Admin CP to work... o.o)-

All eggs will now hatch at the same amount of clicks. Thus making rarity be based upon the amount of clicks in total it takes to make them adults. I'm going to be taking the average of clicks to hatching from all three current creatures and that'll decide the hatching click amount.

Spring Waters will be removed for now. In their place will be different types of products to fit each creatures diet- bugs, fruits, vegetables, grains, and meats. There will be three of each item with each one giving a little more that the last (Bugs: Spider > Beetle > Worm Fruits: Watermelon > Peach > Banana Vegetables: Pumpkin > Cabbage > Tomato Grains: Wheat > Rice > Flax Meats: Leg > Hunk > Links)

Spring Waters may come back, but that probably won't be for a while as I want to make it so that users actually can build and use Spring Wells...

All creatures must have four stages (egg, hatchling, Mhatchling, and adult) with six stages in the egg sequence or else they won't be able to breed.

The 2013 V-Day release may end up being a wee bit late, but I'm almost finished so you can all expect to see it soon!!

If I don't have the Admin CP up and running by the 13th (not much time, I know, but this is kinda ridiculous), then I'm going to unban everyone from the myadopts site and release the V-Day creature there. I'm probably not going to put all of the links back up, but I will put the most needed ones (as in your keep, and messages). You're going to start finding the creatures on the main page, instead of the meadow. Once we do get to the new site, the'll be back in the meadow.

I can't wait to show you all the sketches I've been doing! I've also been working on human anatomy as well as that was probably my worst part (especially hips down) so you might even find some NPCs lurking about. smile.gif

I think I've hit every point... Oh yes, badges!! Christmas badges will be handed out on the new site. (And all users that I've put through this whole mess may find a little something special on their account once we get to the new site wink.gif)

Take your time with this Star. There is no rush, well at least for me. I'm looking forward to all of these new features, and if it takes time to perfect them, then I'm perfectly fine with that biggrin.gif

i can't wait for the moderator tests me and mindless have to take, i wonder if i'll pass, also i agree with mindless take all the time you need, also a suggestion that we can have a maximum of 5 eggs(excluding the ones we had from the old site before everything migrated), and maybe spring waters could make a return, also the spring well should cost 1000 seed, also when you buy the spring a new item in the shop(a jug) and you can only have a spring water once every week, and also can be used in spring 6 times a week. this is only a suggestion. tongue.gif :3

Take your time Star we know how busy you are, so don't worry about us. I can't wait to see the new event creature

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

:DDDDDDDD *flails and starts spinning around* Okay, so I broke the 1.3.2 version of Mysidia Adopts somehow and it just refuses to work the Admin CP, and then I managed to completely annihilate the site. xd.png So I started fresh for the fiftieth time and decided to try it with 1.3.1 version and IT WORKS!!!! biggrin.gif I'm not sure how many features are missing, but I'm sure I'll be able to implement them in. I've got to go to school now, but perhaps during study hall I'll be able to do some things. smile.gif

I guess that is good news since I have no idea what your talking about huh.gif

xd.png Everyone will be able to sign up for GC again soon. Either that or I'll sign everyone up myself and give you all random psycho passwords so that when you get an email out of the blue you'll all be like, what the heck? And then you'll get another one from me personally to inform you of what your crazy password is and how to change it to be what you want. laugh.gif

Anyways, GC now has a mascot!! I was bored at school and started doodling some fuzzy cat-like thing and now I've got all kinds of stuff for him, as well as some events. At least one - the Halloween - I know I'll be doing. I'm scanning him now, but it's on notebook paper so he's probably gonna have lots of lines through him for now. smile.gif

I don't mind signing up again. And I can't wait to see what the mascot looks like. I don't remember it taking this long when I hatched my first bunch of eggs, yet this time it is taking forever.

Hrm... I'm thinking it'll be easier to just sign you all up myself... then I can give you all your creatures and everything already.

I did a different 'style' of shading on the V-Day adopt and I have to say this now, it probably won't be released till some time tonight, so I'm going to have it up for whatever time is left today and all of tomorrow.

And actually, I just found another way to make a Spring Well building work!! biggrin.gif You may see Spring Waters back sooner than you thought!!! Too bad I've got to go to school soon. v_v

You have got to be kidding me... dry.gif This is the farthest I've gotten to releasing the .net site and there just has to be a problem with the shop. Alright, looks like it'll be another day of waiting. Sorry everybody. Maybe I can take the netbook to school and use that in studyhall.

Worse but better news I suppose- I'm staying home today to help with V-Day flower deliveries, but mom is turning off our internet for today. Not like I'd have much time for it anyways but still. The good news is that I won't have a headache when I get home from school today- pepassembly and everyone screams at and boos the freshmen. So yeah, kinda good and bad. This means I won't be able to restart the site until around 5:30 tomorrow and then the release will probably be early tomorrow to mid saturday... Sorry about another late release everybody. sad.gif

Edited by StarSea

Don't worry about the late release, we can wait. I'm looking forward to the Valentines Day creature and I'm interested in this new shading method that you used. biggrin.gif

Also, Happy Valentines Day everyone! wub.gif

Okay whatever you think is best Star. And don't worry about the Vday egg being late.

*lays on couch and crashes* Yesterday was the worst valentines day I've ever had. sad.gif Just completely terrible. I ended up breaking out in tears at the end of the day, it was that bad. And I'm really really sorry at how late the release is going to be. I hope to at least get the first stage egg up and out, and hopefully I'll have the hatchlings finished before you all get to that stage. Just in case anyone does get to the hatchling stages before I get them finished, I'm going to make little markings on the egg sprite so you'll know if you where wanting to freeze them.

Since I didn't get to do much of anything yesterday, I don't have any of the other foods finished so... Anyways, Spring Waters may make their comeback really soon! As in, in about a week!!! I came up with an awesome idea as to how I can make this work! Though I'm going to have to figure out how to make the 'key' item use work, but I've got an idea.

Overactive imagination has also come up with some things!! Also, all users that have sat through all of this, you should (hopefully) find your present and thank-you gift in your stock of creatures in a few weeks. I'm hoping no more than two but I have no idea what the next few days will be like... I'm going to put my time into releasing the site right now instead of anything else.

Everyone will also be able to grab the V-Day release for a day and a half, possibly two days. You should not be able to grab more than five. When you grab a creature, it tells you what gender it'll be automatically so... you'll get to know if your creature will be a boy or girl right away (for some reason the images won't show up for me, but that could just be me... so if you don't get to see them either, shoot me a PM at GC, or email me at starsea@gardencreatures.net and I'll see what I can do (without breaking the site, hopefully. o.o)

Holy massive wall of text! ;n; I shall break it up!

Edited by StarSea

Anybody use the username CynthiaGirl? Someone had joined with that username a few days ago but I had to reinstall the site so... I had to sticky note their username and email.

Sorry about that, Lund.

Everyone will also get a second chance to grab the Christmas '12 eggs as I've upped the limit on holidays.

so when will we be able to re-register, and if so when i re-register and will mods(modee) and admins get a color for there name, also what type of coding does the site need.

NVM i just re-registered

Edited by zorua9