StarSea

Garden Creatures

O.o Sorry I've been gone for so long - it's the caterpillar and school bug. It's really a shame to hear that, but it won't be confiscated for the whole summer right Star?

I believe Star is at her fathers place for some or most of the Summer and has limited net use. So it might be some time before she gets back to working on the game.

This is very disappointing. I felt that the site had a lot of potential - the art and ambitions were wonderful! sad.gif

Oh gosh I'm so sorry guys I don't know if you'll even see this! D:

I don't remember what all I had used for trying to make this, and I didn't want to give up on it but after Myadopts went down, I had tried using Mysidia-adopts but that had ended up messing up my website files so I had to restart my website account. After that I couldn't really do anything at all and it just kind of slipped my mind completely until a few minutes ago when I was thinking about how much my spriting has changed in less than three years with little work in the area.

I have actually been developing my coding skills and all that a load, and I'm working on an annual coding project right now called Art Fight which will be using some of the same mechanics that an adopt site would be using, so who knows, maybe I'll be able to buckle down and build this thing back up from scratch and make it work right. And if something goes wrong, I'll have an idea of how to fix it instead of waiting for the developers to make an update.

On another note, I have developed some super lame other games that aren't really all that brilliant, but if you want to check them out while you wait or something-

http://eroshime.x10.mx/games/harvestfarm/play.php <<super horrible farm tycoon thing... (the prototype is more developed than that)

http://eroshime.x10.mx/games/simon_says/play.php

http://eroshime.x10.mx/sudokupuzzle.php

They could use quite a bit of touching up since they're what... a year old and I've learned other stuff, and the harvest farm game isn't even anywhere close to being finished...

But yes, stuff to do, this is my last year of school so after I graduate (May 26th is the date!!) I will hopefully have plenty of time to work on figuring out what all I want to do about this because I would still love to make it! I had actually started coding up an adopts game called Lanterns, but progress on that stopped for Art Fight and school. So Garden Creatures may become Lanterns, but I have loads of ideas and plans for Lanterns so hopefully I'll figure out what to do and make something brilliant and new for you guys!

On 9/15/2015 at 10:58 PM, StarSea said:

Oh gosh I'm so sorry guys I don't know if you'll even see this! 😧

I don't remember what all I had used for trying to make this, and I didn't want to give up on it but after Myadopts went down, I had tried using Mysidia-adopts but that had ended up messing up my website files so I had to restart my website account. After that I couldn't really do anything at all and it just kind of slipped my mind completely until a few minutes ago when I was thinking about how much my spriting has changed in less than three years with little work in the area.

I have actually been developing my coding skills and all that a load, and I'm working on an annual coding project right now called Art Fight which will be using some of the same mechanics that an adopt site would be using, so who knows, maybe I'll be able to buckle down and build this thing back up from scratch and make it work right. And if something goes wrong, I'll have an idea of how to fix it instead of waiting for the developers to make an update.

On another note, I have developed some super lame other games that aren't really all that brilliant, but if you want to check them out while you wait or something-

http://eroshime.x10.mx/games/harvestfarm/play.php <<super horrible farm tycoon thing... (the prototype is more developed than that)

http://eroshime.x10.mx/games/simon_says/play.php

http://eroshime.x10.mx/sudokupuzzle.php

They could use quite a bit of touching up since they're what... a year old and I've learned other stuff, and the harvest farm game isn't even anywhere close to being finished...

But yes, stuff to do, this is my last year of school so after I graduate (May 26th is the date!!) I will hopefully have plenty of time to work on figuring out what all I want to do about this because I would still love to make it! I had actually started coding up an adopts game called Lanterns, but progress on that stopped for Art Fight and school. So Garden Creatures may become Lanterns, but I have loads of ideas and plans for Lanterns so hopefully I'll figure out what to do and make something brilliant and new for you guys!

Is this and/or Lanterns still around?

On 5/19/2021 at 10:47 PM, Paradisiske said:

Is this and/or Lanterns still around?

Hello!! Lanterns is actually still around, but has been put on the back-burner for a long time since I ended up jumping right into working after finishing school, and had some pretty ambitious plans for Lanterns compared to my skill level. I've actually progressed quite a lot in my coding over the past 6 years and became a programmer for a few other sites, which is extremely exciting!

In the meantime, I've been working on a site called ClanHeart! I've taken on this other petsite to further develop my skills while I still plan and think about Lanterns - there will be a big genetics system in Lanterns, so that's made me have to stop and think a lot. ClanHeart is still in pre-Alpha development (only staff have accounts on the site), but there's a monthly update to make sure everyone knows where things are at and that we're still here. There hasn't been a monthly update in a while due to a personal situation, the site has a news post about it, but I'm back so we'll be having monthly updates again starting in June.

Once ClanHeart and/or Lanterns are further along in development, I'll probably go ahead and make threads for them here too! Though for now, I don't want to get too ahead of myself, as younger me tended to do.

On 5/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, StarSea said:

Hello!! Lanterns is actually still around, but has been put on the back-burner for a long time since I ended up jumping right into working after finishing school, and had some pretty ambitious plans for Lanterns compared to my skill level. I've actually progressed quite a lot in my coding over the past 6 years and became a programmer for a few other sites, which is extremely exciting!

In the meantime, I've been working on a site called ClanHeart! I've taken on this other petsite to further develop my skills while I still plan and think about Lanterns - there will be a big genetics system in Lanterns, so that's made me have to stop and think a lot. ClanHeart is still in pre-Alpha development (only staff have accounts on the site), but there's a monthly update to make sure everyone knows where things are at and that we're still here. There hasn't been a monthly update in a while due to a personal situation, the site has a news post about it, but I'm back so we'll be having monthly updates again starting in June.

Once ClanHeart and/or Lanterns are further along in development, I'll probably go ahead and make threads for them here too! Though for now, I don't want to get too ahead of myself, as younger me tended to do.

That sounds good! I am glad that it is not dead. Take your time and I look forward to seeing how ClanHeart and Lanterns turn out :)