StarSea

Garden Creatures

You either buy a site from a host, or use a free hoster. I had bought a site with iPage, but so many things wouldn't work though they claim that they're the most updated and they've got money back any time guarantee, yet the charge you to get your money back, so I wouldn't trust iPage. x10hosting.com is pretty awesome so far, and I'm using their free hosting. They charge the same as iPage, but at least I know they actually work. Then once you have a hoster, you need to make a script. If you're just starting with scripting, mysidiaadoptables.com has some adoptable scripts for you to download that you're free to use. The script is pretty much exactly like MyAdopts, but you can add, remove, and change whatever you want and need. Plus they've got shops, items that users can use on their own, and breeding. Not to mention genders. If you need someone to help you out, I'm up for it. I'm almost ready to have people move to the new site anyways... Just got to finish up some things on the forums and then I'd say everything's good to go. Out of any free hosters, I'd say that x10hosting.com is probably your best bet. Weebly doesn't support PHP, which most of your pages will be PHP docs. I haven't checked out any other free hosters, but there's a catch for x10hosting- you've got to log into the CP at least once a month. Not bad, plus it shows you're active other than you just logging into your site account. I'm a newbie with coding myself, as I've pretty much only ever worked with HTML, but there are some pretty good PHP guides out there and if you're good with memory games and stuff like that, then I find it kinda easy to go through the PHP files given with the Mysidiaadopts script and figure out what does what... It's the matter of comping up with new things that is a bit harder.

But like I said, if you ever need any help, just ask. happy.gif

Oh! Also, MyAdopts does give you a copy of your database, but it won't register with your MySQL database even though it says it will, so downloading it is some waste of time and space on your computer. Sorry about that. :L

If I ever work up the money and stuff, then maybe some day I'll make a site like myadopts, but people will get to decide if they want .whateversite.com or stuff like that on it or not. It'll be nice, and the people with the sites will get to do lots of things that you can't with myadopts right now... I might have to charge people though. sad.gif It wouldn't be easy to run a site like that without having any income from providing all of those free sites. Myadopts doesn't really have to pay for all of the sites that we make because they're counted as subdomains and whatever hoster they're using, they must have bought an unlimited account, and those things, from good hosters, are way up in the hundreds of dollars a year. Some even around $300 or so...

Edited by StarSea

Garden Creatures? Not just yet. I tried moving us to iPage, thinking I'd worked out all of the kinks, but I just kept running into problem after problem. Actually, I think the last things I need to do for the site is make the shops... I can do that in the morning, so if everybody wants to start heading over there now...

feel free to check it out and sign up!!

I'm working on making a forums linked directly into the site so that once you sign up for the site, you've got an account on the forums and vise versa. Night! I'll see you guys in about seven hours. smile.gif

Yup, signed up too. biggrin.gif So how do you move the site onto there?

Edited by Wallie987

I just signed up as well. I can't wait for my adopts to be moved to the new site.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Wallie, I can make a lil' video to show you how. smile.gif I think that might be a bit easier, and then everybody can see how I move their creatures. happy.gif I'm gonna start recording in a bit.

O.o What did the error say?

Also, just tried to log out so I could register a test account and it wouldn't log me out, so I'll have to look into that... unless you would all be fine with never being able to log out, which I wouldn't really be if I was using a library computer or something so...

I'm not sure what all the random button clicking is at the beginning... o.o xd.png I kinda wish that it would let me use my headphone mic, but it won't show the pop up to tell it what I plugged in. laugh.gif And for christmas my brother got me a headphone adapter so you can have two headphones plugged into something at once, and when I use that and plug in both cables for my headphones, it dulls the sound but makes it cool... I dunno how to describe it. Kinda like you're in a cave. Something like that.

Edited by StarSea

It says

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log

every time I press 'Register'.

hmmm, i might post a comment(random stuff(like HI) on the video(my youtube thing is sage5901

.....EDIT: i saw my name biggrin.gif

Edited by zorua9

Alright Gjh, PM me what you want your email, username, and password to be. Birth date would be good too...

Glad you know what your doing Star, even watching the vids I am lost as to what your doing. blink.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

FileZilla. I tried the first time by uploading each file individually and it didn't work. xd.png A big waste of time, but at least now I know.
(your site). Edited by StarSea

Whenever I can get my internet to work. sad.gif I had thought it was just our router, but I'm at my dad's house and I still can't get internet to work properly. v_v

What does it say when you try to log in, and what is the url of the login page you're trying to use (sometimes that can cause a problem)

O.o no!!!!! Do you know how to re-add the files that the host provides (like public html)? I just accidentally deleted everything! D:

No, but I can download my site's files, delete everything that I installed, and then find a way for you to upload those too. smile.gif I think that may be one reason why I was having a hard time with my site at iPage, but those few files didn't make much of a difference... and thanks, because that just gave me an idea!