StarSea

Garden Creatures

O.o You can't see it all? I thought I made it long enough... and yes, it's WAAAAAY over there because if I had left it where it was, you wouldn't be able to click the links on the menu bar that are directly above it. :L

Snow day today!!! biggrin.gif Who thought we'd have to wait till February to get our first snow day of the school year?

Anyways, I'm gonna see if I can't at least get register and login boxes up... hopefully I'll be able to do that. :L

EDIT:

Updated the CSS. I know it's plain and all, but I don't have anything nice to put up in exchange yet...

Edited by StarSea

All I see of the Seed bar is Je

$3

Like the background a lot, makes things easy to see.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Hrm... maybe your screen is a bit too small? Not sure how to fix that... the only way that I can think of is to move it way over to the left.. Hrmza hrmza hrm.

Almost finished with the 2012 Christmas release!! And I keep forgetting- I need to look up that one wolf pup image for refrence for Rai's creature. *headdesk*

I'm beginning to think that this site host doesn't allow games even though nowhere in the ToS does it state anything about restricting games. It does say things like no phishing and whatnot, but that doesn't automatically rule out games so... I don't want to bug them again and play 20 questions eight more times. unsure.gif I've been Googling lots on stuff but nothing I'm finding says anything about iPage. v_v

Oh hey, Jedi! I've got an idea but I'm not sure how well it'll work out for everybody or if I'll be able to do it, but it's worth a shot-

what if I moved everything to the left some? So it'll be more centered...

Edited by StarSea

Or maybe you could just shrink the seed count so it'd be just big enough to see the seeds and the name and all that as well as fit on the page...?

It doesn't really happen to me because google chrome makes everything smaller than it was on IE so I see a lot more of the margins.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This egg looks like it's covered in a sheet of ice.

(These eggs will only be available until the 5th.)

yay first event release biggrin.gif, btw what will the adults look like??, also is there a limit to how much of the new eggs???

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Edited by zorua9

As stated under the eggs in the meadow, you should only have three. I'm not sure if it's something special about the root admin, but I was able to adopt more than three... Zorua, were you able to claim more than three?

These, as they're a holiday release, will be harder to hatch than the others.

o.o I just realized the wording of the image is a bit odd. As I read it over, it makes me think that it'd be a sketch of the adult... *headdesk* I'll make sure to fix that for future releases.

Well, I figure it's better than 2 but not so... obsessive? as 5. If it does allow you to claim more than three, I may allow four... I'm honestly debating as I had a special idea for this holiday that alternates each year but then it'd be a bit like having a release and a half next year. *shrugs* Also, almost done with the V-Day release so we may just start getting on track! biggrin.gif

My screen is 17 1/2" W x 10"H..that is not small. It was fine where it was before but maybe if you brought it down in size it might it better.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Yay for the (late) Christmas release!

Well, here goes to post all of these guys... ^^'

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I finally got a working registration page, but as I haven't gone through school or anything for this, it proves to be very hard and confusing...

Anyways, I hope you all like the release!!

Also, I was just asked by Silver, the owner of ToD, to change my image and idea of release notifications... o.o

Also, I was just asked by Silver, the owner of ToD, to change my image and idea of release notifications... o.o

Why?

Quoted directly from the PM I received-

Would you mind coming up with your own thing for your site?

https://i.imgur.com/hn4rruN.png

The staff at TOD would greatly appreciate it. Corteo worked very hard on that image and concept for our site.

Thank you.

I'm presuming that they're talking about this? I just now noticed that when a friend linked me. I can see the similarities, but I did not steal any images from Corteo and I never meant for them to be alike. How could I when I didn't even know about it until now?

EDIT:

I just feel kinda like bragging about this a bit... xd.png

I've got a friend named Phoenix Rising. happy.gif Awesome name, right?

Also- I think I'm finally starting to get how this database and MySQL and all that works. biggrin.gif

Edited by StarSea

Yeah but she does not know that Star. Might want to change it up just to be on the safe side.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

GAAAAHHHH!!! I hate internet routers! Stupid one broke last night, and we won't get a new one until late tomorrow. dry.gif I'm going to post lots more links again. xd.png As you can probably guess, this is from school. Surprisingly, they don't have the ToD forums blocked so I'm going to see if I can PM Silver and inform them that I'll try to change it by wednesday.

Also, Turndacan and Grandamel eggs are going to get a revamp! As well as, hopefully, a hatching sequence. I'm going to retire the old ones so I can change up their levels and whatnot. Until I've got internet again, however, they're going to stay as is...

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44881

http://www.virtuadopt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10377

http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859

http://community.mybb.com/thread-58620.html

Edited by StarSea

The biggest thing(to me) is the background. Maybe make it a sign or corkboard with a pin in the note?

ouo We got a router today!! It isn't as fast, but it works. And according to mom's friend, you can't upload big things to the internet so that could pose some problems.

Awesome idea, Rai! I'm probably going to revamp the paper so it'll fit the idea of pixelwork better than spray paint with pencil and paint... xd.png I did however, send Silver the PM so hopefully I'll be able to finish it by then. Rai, you gave me an awesome idea with that!! tongue.gif Sometimes I love having an overactive imagination. happy.gif

I think I'm finally starting to understand how this MySQL, PHP, HTML, and CSS all work together and understand what part is supposed to go where. biggrin.gif YAYS! xd.png

Okay, I'm off to work on a... cartoonish-looking sign. happy.gif

EDIT:

OOOOHHHH!! I just had an even more amazing idea, but it might not be able to be implemented into the MyAdopts one, but it is awesome none the less! biggrin.gif

Edited by StarSea

Uh, there are some major problems I see with the site... O.O

~

1. I am not sure, but are those DragCave egg lineart?

2. Do you own the images you use on the forum? (Meaning, you CREATED them?)

3. Your CSS doesn't work. I can't read most text, and it is all green...

4. You NEED a ToS, otherwise, people can use any of your art you put on the site, and you can't do anything. They can also do whatever they want, because you aren't making them agree to anything...

this site does have potential though... ^-^

1. No, not DC egg lines. DC eggs are smaller. If you're unsure, you could always copy the image of a DC egg and put it in Paint and copy one of our eggs and put it in the same paint. It'll expand the image.

2. Why do I HAVE to? No rules on the forum provider's ToS stating that I have to change them. Not to mention I can't change them either way. When I finish with my .net site, they will be my own images...

3. Then either something is wrong with your screen and you need to change the brightness/saturation or... you're... color blind? (Not trying to be mean or rude but that's the only other reason I can think right at the moment.) Unless you're talking about the text on the far right, then it's because of how the side menu is set. Because you can't see the links when you're logged in, and you don't have that big list of links when you're not, it funks it all up and looks like that. Thus why I have the line menu have a link to "Logs" where you can register, log in, or log out.

4. I don't necessarily NEED a ToS, but that's something on my to-do list. And there isn't much that my members wouldn't be allowed to do that they can do. Actually, I don't think there's anything that they can do other than make multiple accounts, but multiple accounts is pointless as you can adopt as many eggs as you want any time you want... So basically the only thing that the ToS would say is "Don't claim this art as your own"... ...

1. No, not DC egg lines. DC eggs are smaller. If you're unsure, you could always copy the image of a DC egg and put it in Paint and copy one of our eggs and put it in the same paint. It'll expand the image.

2. Why do I HAVE to? No rules on the forum provider's ToS stating that I have to change them. Not to mention I can't change them either way. When I finish with my .net site, they will be my own images...

3. Then either something is wrong with your screen and you need to change the brightness/saturation or... you're... color blind? (Not trying to be mean or rude but that's the only other reason I can think right at the moment.) Unless you're talking about the text on the far right, then it's because of how the side menu is set. Because you can't see the links when you're logged in, and you don't have that big list of links when you're not, it funks it all up and looks like that. Thus why I have the line menu have a link to "Logs" where you can register, log in, or log out.

4. I don't necessarily NEED a ToS, but that's something on my to-do list. And there isn't much that my members wouldn't be allowed to do that they can do. Actually, I don't think there's anything that they can do other than make multiple accounts, but multiple accounts is pointless as you can adopt as many eggs as you want any time you want... So basically the only thing that the ToS would say is "Don't claim this art as your own"... ...

1. I was just wondering...

2. It is against the law, like the RL law, not the ToS of xyz, but the law.

3. My brightness is at max, and I am not color-blind. Unless I highlight the account text, some link text, etc. I can't even tell its there...

4. A ToS is needed unless you allow members to be rude, steal art, steal the name, etc. As the ToS contains the copyright info. I can link you to a ToS templete that takes less than a minute to fill out and is legal....

hmmm i kinda have to agree with #4, i just use the eggs on GC as a template to make egg sprites, nothing less, nothing more.

a term of servirce is a little to early for the site, maybe when we have the second page full of players then star can put a ToS, but for now one is not needed.

Edited by zorua9

If the images are copywrighted then I'm not permitted to use them unless they're mine or I have prior consent. It isn't against the law to use images that aren't mine unless the earlier comes into play. And like I said before, I can't change them. Not to mention if I'm not allowed to use that theme, then all the hundreds of other people using that theme can't use it either. From the looks of it, forumotion owns those images.

Sure, I'll have a look at that ToS template of yours...

I sure hope we get a new router tomorrow so I can actually upload images! I'm almost finished with the notice board image and I have a preview I wanted to post but I guess I'll have to wait. :L