TJ09

2012-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

It's sad, really. That said, I didn't even start with putting them in hatcheries.

Amen. I never put mine in hatcheries until they're under 6 days. Some already have a few views, from scroll peeks and people looking at other stuff I do have in hatcheries, but that doesn't hurt my new eggs. But then, I guess we all have to learn the hard way about the excitement of event drops and new eggs.

Speaking of which, I now have #7 of what I think is going to be a spider dragon *shudder*. The S2 hatchies are cool, but they are CREEPY. xd.png

Edited by blackdragon71

Ah well, at least those who lost their eggs due to sickness can still grab them, and hopefully not stick them in hatcheries the moment they get them. As far as those who killed their eggs go... Well they took the risk and they lost.

I left for a couple of hours and my three eggs are sick... fogged them so fingers crossed they stay with me! I just snagged my last one and I'm keeping a close eye on it.

I am at the library right now, they are closing in 30 mins...I was lucky to get these eggs because I am still out of power at home. I will be saving a couple for those who are still w/o power. Ty TJ, an everyone for being so helpful.

I agree, I'm willing to donate Halloween hatchies to those who won't get power in time for the release..

Well, I have my seven now. Super easy. Got my first five in the initial drop, and my other two later as my last few eggs hatched.

It's sad that it was so easy, since it was easy due in part to so many people in dire circumstances. sad.gif

I got my friend all pumped up over the competitive nature of this game around holiday releases, and it was literally the easiest release ever in all my years here. sleep.gif

i grabbed 4 to keep and an extra two to try to gift to people that were either slow or missed it (have to wait for 5 hours since i just grabbed them)

Well, I have my seven now. Super easy. Got my first five in the initial drop, and my other two later as my last few eggs hatched.

It's sad that it was so easy, since it was easy due in part to so many people in dire circumstances. sad.gif

I got my friend all pumped up over the competitive nature of this game around holiday releases, and it was literally the easiest release ever in all my years here. sleep.gif

Trust me, it wasn't easy when it was first announced.

If you check out the first ten pages of this thread you'll see a lot of people had difficulty(including myself) because we were all rushing in right from the start. It was an absolute madhouse, even if it was a short madhouse, still a madhouse.

All the lag, oh man the lag was a real killer.

I swear I had opened at least over 500 tabs just to try and get 6 eggs last night haha...

I got all 5 of my eggs the first drop, but after a few minutes because the lag was TERRIBLE!

I've incubated two of them...not waiting until incu-hatchable...

I can't wait to see the adults!

Edited by AmaNoGawa

maybe if this one isn't a werewolf dragon, then maybe next year it could possibly be a werewolf dragon, with the same BSA as vampires(bite), but the werewolf bite turns the egg into a werewolf egg tongue.gif, hey this is my opinion for next year, so it might not happen, have fun with your new eggs tongue.gif

It's sad, really. That said, I didn't even start with putting them in hatcheries.

OMG! blink.gif My heart breaks for the eggs... and for their owners - especially the ones who had *all* of their new Halloween 2012 eggs die. sad.gif Man, I can't imagine how bad they must feel, knowing they forever messed up their chances of getting a CB specimen of this Halloween dragon. Ouch, what a terrible end to their Halloween that must be. sad.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

wow 0.o I can't believe I just came across someone who is *Still* haveing a hard time catching this release so I happily handed across 3 of my midnight catches smile.gif Will be replacing them as soon as they're picked up whoot! the hatchlings are cute in a ready to eat/lunge at you kind of way

I keep mine fogged until they turn ER, hatch them, then fog them again until once more they are ER.

I just wait a day before I put my eggs in hatcheries. Kinda sad seeing all these new eggs dying from sickness...

As soon as the "Halloween" started I got my 5 CB New Halloweens in less than 10 minutes... I never had a problem with the lag, haha. ninja.gif

... mainly because I went for the middle, not the sides.

Edited by YellowTsunami

its always sad to see new release eggs die from over views, well any egg for that matter, I keep a close eye on mine and if I am going to be afk for an extended period of time I just fog mine tell i get back, Especially with these Holiday eggs after tomorrow they will not be possible to get as cave born again unless someone is kind enough to gift so keep a close eye on them is best way to take care of them for me

I put two of my Halloween eggs in one Hatchery as soon as I got them and they did get sick for a little bit. But, they look fine now.

Woot, had time to get on today. biggrin.gif I was worried I wouldn't.

And catching was incredibly easy. I've never gotten my eggs so quickly.

Happy (belated) Halloween everyone!

There are more people on the AP than the cave. I guess everyone already have their eggs.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Do new eggs end up on top of the pile if they are abandoned?

If they don't here is a possibility for those with sick eggs.

Did you consider abandoning them? This year they are quite easy to catch. You avoid the possibility of them dying on your scroll after midnight passes, and seeing as we have quite a AP block some people that weren't able to get on DC today could grab them in a couple of days once AP gets cleared a bit. I think that would be quite a surprise for them, if they managed to catch one in the AP biggrin.gif

A lot of new eggs are in Allure... I just saw someone's scroll who had 5 out of 7 eggs killed sad.gif

People: Please wait until at least tomorrow to add your eggs to view/click sites. Remember that 24 hours is all we have for these CB Halloween eggs.