TJ09

2012-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I think the spider dragon is still on the list, though...

6d 12hr at 6pm EST

so 6d at 12am EST, Nov 4th

then 4d at 12am Nov 6th, according to this we should be seeing adults around midnight/1am in 3 days

Gotta be spiders.

Agreed.. I'm thinking 'trapdoor' spider type.. that 'lunges' out of it's home to attack prey...

My poor dragons if it is..! xd.png

I was surprised how easily nabbing these Halloween eggs were. Usually, I have to make at least five attempts before I successfully get a new release.

I'm wondering what the adults will look like, and if this new species will be sexually dimorphic. (Looking back at the past Halloween dragons, there seems to be a pattern, as Vampires, and Shadow Walkers were sexually dimorphic, while Pumpkin and Shadow Walkers weren't.)

Since TJ has three eggs, I have to think they will be dimorphic.

I made a brave move...

I put my new releases on EATW and the other clicksites I use.

I'm scared...

Edited by Wantdew

I made a brave move...

I put my new releases on EATW and the other clicksites I use.

I'm scared...

Why would you do that? That makes no sense. They will hatch just as quickly if you wait 12 hours or so to post them and are much less likely to get sick!

Locked down hard within 2-3 minutes of trying, cumulatively (as I had to stop and speed-hatch a marrow I forgot I still had). Had 7 on my scroll shortly after 1am cave time, it's definitely easier to grab 'em this year.

It's also easier to get smacked with sickness due to traffic, it seems. Had to fog my first 6 within 15 minutes. :x

Edited by Lythiaren

Why would you do that? That makes no sense. They will hatch just as quickly if you wait 12 hours or so to post them and are much less likely to get sick!

FOR SCIENCE!

They aren't sick yet.

So glad I have a wonderful friend who was able to gift me some. I just got my power back, but my internet is still really slow so I wasn't able to catch any myself. I'm excited for these new eggs, and so happy the release was delayed. Thanks a lot, TJ!

Easiest catch ever. Just logged in after forgetting about new eggs and filled up my scroll without even trying. First.

Thanks TJ and spriters, these look like they will be fierce. biggrin.gif

Nah, it's just because for some reason the maximum number of people in a biome is 10. I was here for the original drop and even then there were only 100 people per biome.

there is no maximum far as I know. I was going from biome to biome last night trying to decide which one to settle down in to hunt... ended up staying with Jungle as that had the smallest number of people right before the drops began with ~110. Desert and Coastal each had just under 200 people.. the other biomes seemed to be averaging between 130-150 people each.

there is no maximum far as I know. I was going from biome to biome last night trying to decide which one to settle down in to hunt... ended up staying with Jungle as that had the smallest number of people right before the drops began with ~110. Desert and Coastal each had just under 200 people.. the other biomes seemed to be averaging between 130-150 people each.

Sorry, I just expressed myself wrong. What I was trying to say is that after first hour rush there rarely seems to be more then ten people in one biome.

Just because there are two genders doesn't always mean they have dimorphism. But i got forgot he freezes one of each hatchling IF the hatchlings have dimorphism. If they don't then he just freezes one. So since there's three hatchlings, maybe they have dimorphism as adults, hopefully.

If there are 2 eggs for a new release there is either no sexual dimorphism at all or there is only one gender. The second egg gets to be the frozen hatchling display

If there are 3 eggs then there is sexual dimorphism for the adults, but no dimorphism for the hatchlings. One of each gender gets to grow up while the 3rd gets to be the hatchling display regardless of what gender it turns out to be.

If there are 4 eggs then there is sexual dimorphism for both the adults and the S2 hatchlings. One adult of each gender gets to grow up and one hatchling of each gender gets to be frozen.

Omg, if you guys are right about the spider theory, arghhh. xd.png I mean, hell, I even overdose daddy long legs with Mortein if I see them in the house. :u I blame a story my friend told me at Year 7 camp. Pleaseee not too spidery, pleasee. Though, I must admit, the S2 hatchies look fierce right now and I wouldn't mind them if they had this kind of semblance (which I don't see at all =p) to spiders.

Personally the wings and colour make me think of bats more. Which I'm fine about, haha. Description works too, I think?

As for the drops, yeah, I was pretty happy with how snappy it was to pick up eggs. There was so much drama last year with people being unable to grab stuff after the initial drop that I was dreading a repeat occurrence. Probably the trickling effect of Sandy - probably will go back to hard mode next year?

Edited by Varekis

Woohoo, these are so easy to catch I got my 5 already <3 Glad that I didnt have the same trouble I've had with the past few releases!

WOW Love em so far!

Grabbed lots smile.gif so will be gifting to those ywho can not make it on smile.gif

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

They are definitely easy catches, but I have had to fog all of mine to keep them alive. From the looks of the one nursery I use a lot of people have dead eggs.

Skimming through, I'm seeing the possibility of this being a spider like dragon. If that is the case, I'm really happy! I love spiders. smile.gif