DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

Agares grumbled as the cavern fell apart before him. The amount of effort required to dig out this mess was not worth the reward. With that snack out of his reach now, he decided to descend down to the forest and look for another source of food.

Zen looked down at his side. "Um.. I.. I don't really know... everything has really been a blur for me today... one moment I'm living an ordinary life... the next.. I;m... "he paused momentarily "...I'm having a conversation with a dragon..."

"then you should head to one of the huts, get some rest" Nepula said. The dragon then drew away her head and neck from zen.

"would you like us to lead you to one?" Amacules asked. She twirled one of her swords in her hand.

"Cool,huts! Lets sleep on top of them, It's airier up there."Jaken said excitedly.Alright then,But hurry up.Durendila Followed Jaken sleepily towards a hut.Jaken jumped onto the roof with the help of his new found wind powers.Durendila flew up and lay next to him.

"Tell me the story about my village Durie."Jaken said sadly.There isn't much to tell, Jaken.All I know is that The demons destroyed it.As far as we know,you are the only survivor.Mother found you in the ruins of a burning house.

"Oh,Okay.Goodnight Durie."

Goodnight little one. Durie said as she curled herself around him.

"S..sure" replied Zen,

Agares landed on the outskirts of the forest of Nor. He had no desire to visit any of the small settlements within the forest. He had descended here for one reason only and that was to hunt.

Agares raised his nose skyward as he tried to find the scent of deer.

Luthiel was barely clinging to Evtria's back by the time she landed. She never even imagined riding a dragon in her wildest dreams, back on the mainland. Well, maybe her wildest. But no normal dreams. Next thing she knew, she had Evtria coming to her. Wanting to bring her to the island. She heard of the island, as a child she'd been told stories of it. Those were her favorites. Stories of the island and it's dragons. Then Evtria had found her, on one of her outings in the woods, and her life had changed forever. She'd agreed to go with her, obviously, though she'd never thought at how amazingly terrifying flying could be, your stomach always seeming to be left being, at every dip and dive.

"come" Amacules said, and begun walking towards the huts. Nepula trudged on beside her, wishing they can fly instead of walk to the huts. At one point, Amacules stopped, and looked to the right, then the left. "there is one hut open this way," she said, looking To the right, "then there is a few this way" looking to the left. She turned to zen, "you may pick"

Zen followed behind Amacules and Nepula, as he did so he did his best to note down any particular landmark which may help him in the future, in case he got lost or something.

"I.. i guess I'll take one on the left.." he replied, as they reached their destination. "Th..thanks for showing me the way." he spoke, before heading towards one of the free huts.

amacules bowed. she always gives great respect to everyone, unless she really, really doesnt like them.

"you are very welcome" she said, and looked up at nepula. nepula nodded, and lowered her great body, which has a saddle on. amacules climbed on, and patted the wyvern, the signal to fly. nepula lifted her feathered wings, and flapped them hard enough to whip up some dust, as she drifted over the lands below.

"so we're going to the king's palace now?" nepula asked.

"of course we are," amacules replied. nepula flapped her wings higher to gain more altitude as she headed to the peak of the mountain, where the palace stood.

Elena was busy unstrapping the last buckle of Draken’s saddle. The king sat in the middle of the room towering over everything around it. Due to his size they had to expand a little in order for both rider and dragon live to there. Finally the saddle slid down and at the same time Amacules and Nepula arrived. Draken looked at the pair and greeted them with a nod before he took his saddle and placing it out of the way.

“Glad you two came. I would like to talk about tomorrow’s events.” Elena spoke pointing towards some chairs. Draken took in his seat next to Elena’s bed making way for all of them to sit in the room.

Amacules and Nepula came int the room at the right timing it seems. Amacules climbed off of Nepula as she lowered her body to let her rider off. When the king pointed to the seats, They both nodded, and sat down. Amacules sat in one of the chairs while Nepula lied down next to her rider, still attentive so she can notice any signs that her rider gives out.

"Well today was rather productive. The trouble makers are indeed going to be challenge, don't you think?" Elena as she herself took in a seat. She relaxed in her seat for a few minutes looking at both Amacules and Nepula glad that they offered their services to help train the new comers.

"Right on to business. Tomorrow's is of course bare back flying. Some might adjust to it easy but after what I saw with a young rider falling off might make this lesson the perfect start. You can decide if you want keep your saddle on or not but as you can see Draken and I will be going bare back." Elena spoke folding her arms and looking at Draken, who's streched out next to his rider.

"I need you of course with the help with this and healing if needed. I don't want them to use their magic that much yet. That will happen on a later stage."

Elena then looked back at the pair of them with concern on her face. She wasn't sure if she should inform them yet about the troubles that were brewing in the east. She knew she could trust them but Elena still didn't want place worry in there hearts.

"that will be true,"

Once elena got to buisness, Amacules and Nepula both listened well. They both glanced at each other, then looked back at Elena.

"we will also ride bare back," Amacules concluded. Nepula shook her brilliant brown and red feathers. It's easier and more comfortable to ride bare back on Nepula with the feathers that cover her body, even though there is still an equal amount of dragon scales.

"and we will also be happy to use our powers if they are needed"

“Good. Good.” Elena spoke looking pleased. She then stood up and walked over to the window looking out thinking on some of the situations forming.

“There is another matter that needed to be handled. One that might cause a bit havoc and worry on the island.” Elena spoke looking at the pair. Draken slowly rose from his position and made his way towards the window where his rider were.

“The Dark Rider’s forces have grown stronger.” The king spoke looking over the island. “Our warriors that have been sent to the east were almost completely destroyed. They barely made it back alive.”

“That is why we have to push these new riders that have just joined. We will need them in the next war.” Elena spoke as she looked at Amacules and Nepula.

Within her dreams, Asuiru once again found herself ensnared in the clutches of the last war.

The battlefield spanned before her, fallen dragons and demons littering the once peaceful field. And the blood. Oh, the blood. She shivered, felt the liquid life seeping in to her, augmenting her grief. She flapped her wings experimentally, trying to escape from the endless battlefield below her, only to be weighed down by... red. There was red everywhere. On her claws. On her wings. Her wings had never been such a color of crimson before, only grey. Grey and blue. And now they were red. Red with the knowledge of the deaths-

"Asuiru," a soothing voice whispered, "It's all right. It's just a dream."

And a melody surged within her, filling in the places in her soul that had been empty with grief and guilt and pain.

The blood faded away.

~

Etaone looked almost uncomfortable at the pained look on Asuiru's face. Another nightmare, then. She whispered soothing nothings into her usually unflappable dragon's ear, hoping for a response.

She got one in the form of the melody that always lurked within her soaring to new heights.

Asuiru opened one lazy eye.

"Hey," Etaone said, concerned, nudging Asuiru in the side even as Asuiru sent her an ever grateful look, "You doing okay?"

Asuiru nodded once, and Etaone, running a hand through her hair, took a deep breath.

"You up for a flight?" she asked, knowing that feeling the wind always served to make Asuiru feel better.

Asuiru stood and ruffled her wings, a mix between amusement and gratefulness playing across her face. She clearly knew why Etaone had offered.

Asuiru nudged Etaone to the door in silent agreement, and they took off, flying their troubles away under the moon.

Edited by Anivla01

((Actually it suppose to be dark and the day haven't ended yet. Once the talk between Elena and Amacules is done I will start the new day.))

Amacules' and nepula's eyes followed Elena to the window, and listened even closer when she mentioned the dark riders. So she already sent an army?

"nearly died you say?" Nepula echoed, "they've become stronger than I thought over these years" now it was with a hint of worry.

"do you think the new riders would be ready?" Amacules asked, "and how long do you think it will take them to be?"

“I don’t know. That is why we have to press them hard during their training. We have to MAKE them ready.” Elena spoke touching Draken’s forepaw, reassuring herself that this can be done. If she could have done it so can they even if it means using more force than normal.

“I have spoken to some of the warriors that have returned, they are still in the infirmary recovering. For some reason the healing is taking longer than usual which means the demons have learned a few new tricks.”

“Our main concern is the new riders for now, so keep this information about the Dark Rider to yourselves.” Draken spoke still looking over the island. Elena could feel his concern; he might have to battle for his title once again and if he loses the world might be covered in darkness again.

“Go rest now, tomorrow we will need our strength.” Elena smiled weakly knowing that she might have caused them to worry but she need to be straight with them. She is relying on them to help with whatever may come their way.

Meanwhile in Orion and Alsia's hut it was silent, Alsia stirred in her sleep and Orion was just as restless, they were plagued by visions and nightmares throughout the night. Orion's dreams were extremely real to him and all the more terrifying. It was his first real fight, the sky was read and riders and demons would fall out of the sky often, as he looked around a lone demon came at him from nowhere, ready to kill. Reflexively Orion swung his sword around his an instant flash and the creature's head rolled off it's shoulders. Dozens upon dozens of demons soon arrived, Alsia was looking out for more but then a demon inflicted a terrible cut on her. It was then that Orion went ballistic he killed each one in a matter of seconds in a stunning display of steel and blood. He was coated in cuts and scrapes himself but they had a moment of peace, he helped Alsia stand up from her wound, she would be alright but it hurt badly. As they expected they would make it out alive soon their hopes were dashed when a horde of enemies were on the horizons and their hearts sank. Orion gripped his sword and prepared to charge into the fray with Alsia close behind, just as steel was about to clash...Orion and Alsia both snapped awake, exhaling rapidly and looking around nervously. They looked at each other to make sure they were fine. "Same dream?" Alsia asked. "Yeah" Eventually their breathing calmed down and after a a short conversation both slowly went back to sleep, but their minds abuzz about what the dream meant and what was in store for them in the future.

After everyone had gotten their weapon, Elena told them to get some sleep. Dalen silently left the company of others, perfectly fine with no one besides Elena speaking to him. He found an unoccupied hut and decided to take up temporary residence there. He set the sword down, laying it down on the desk in the room, before laying down himself on the bed. He laid on his back, hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling. If Hisame wasn't there, Dalen would have been left to his own thoughts. However, having a dragon try to cuddle up beside you kept you distracted.

"That's not working," he said, pushing the dragon away with his leg, though that was kind of pointless as Hisame didn't even budge. Instead the dragon just settled down and closed his eyes to sleep.

Dalen sighed, just letting the dragon lay how he wanted. At least, his presence was comforting and held his bad memories at bay. After laying there for awhile, he soon drifted off to sleep with Hisame beside him.

Amacules nodded.

"we will keep this information to our selves, right Nepula?" Amacules said and looked up at her dragon, and she nodded,

"right" Amacules looked through the window, the skies getting darker.

"I guess we should get going now," she said and climbed onto Nepula, who then walked to the entrance, "I guess I will be seeing you tomorrow during training." with the last few words, Nepula flapped her feathered wings and took off into the distance toward their home.

Their home was quite big, enough so that a wyvern can curl up inside. Nepula is a 18 feet tall giant, so the house needed to be really big. Nepula went into the house from a different way than Amacules, and they both came up to the bedroom. The wyvern curled up like a cat in front of the fire, but instead it was in front of amacules's bed. The rider climbed into her bed and looked up at the ceiling for a while, until Nepula's gentle breathing lulled her to sleep.

(ah, accidently stopped tracking this topic. Oops)

Luthiel slid off of Evtria's back, looking around her. She seemed to be in some kind of wood. Absently pushing her bangs back from her face, she leaned forward a bit, scanning the area around her, part of her worried something, or someone, was going to attack them. "Evtria," she said. "Is this the island, or pitstop?" She couldn't tell the difference herself. Trees. No different than usual.

Elena turned to her bed followed by Draken when Amacules and Nepula left. She could only sigh as she sat down before she fell backwards. Draken took his place next to her bed wrapping his body and tail around it, creating a fortress around Elena.

Elena then pushed herself further on the bed and coiled herself between the blanket and pillows. Draken’s wing spread out a little covering his rider completely. His need to protect her would never stop not even in the afterlife. Soon both of fell asleep resting for the next day.

((Right the next day will begin now.))

Elena shot up from her sleep as she woke up from her troublesome dream. Draken was once again on the balcony looking over his shoulder as his rider just woken. He was still worried that her dreams troubled her so but if they put an end to the Dark Rider then she might be the girl she once was again.

“Wake them up.” She spoke as she climbed out of the bed heading to the bathroom. She needed to rinse the fear from the dream she had.

Draken just puffed smoke as he turned towards the island. It was still dark and the sun haven’t even risen from the East, why she wanted the riders to get he didn’t really know. Yet he still obeyed and roared calling all new riders to wake up and gather at the training area.

In an instant Orion's eyes flew open and he climbed out of the nest in a heartbeat, despite the nightmare the nest itself was more comfortable than he thought. He looked over to Alsia that wasn't quite so prepared to wake up, the roar surprised her and she accidentally tumbled out of bed and right onto the floor. "Ow..." She still hadn't mastered using two legs quite yet but she was getting better. Orion still laughed with a big smile. "Good morning." "I don't know how humans balance so easy on two legs, if you were the one just learning to use two legs you'd look like a penguin." "We should get ready, that roar probably wasn't for just fun." "Agreed" Orion turned into a human and Alsia, a dragon. "We should practice with both of our forms." Alsia told Orion, he nodded. "We'll go like this and perhaps later we'll swap positions" "Sounds good" Alsia confirmed and they both walked out into the training area.