DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

Durendila took a deep breath and blew.All that come out was a spark.This time she roared and blew.A jet of fire soaked Jaken."Durie you did it! So now I Can control the wind too?Jaken held out his palm and snapped his fingers.A mini-hurricane whirled around his palm.

Zen groaned, his vision blurred, his body aching in several places and parts of his clothing stained in blood from where the cuts he had attained were. Mere seconds ago his vision was filled with a bright orange light, which engulfed him.. the next everything was back to normal, a strong gust of wind blowing across him as Agares took to the sky, leaving him down on the earth.

Zen forced himself to turn his head as he heard a voice he did not recognize, he struggled to see who it was, however found that it was futile. He simply could not stop the blur in his vision.

"It... hurts.." he murmured to whoever it was that was speaking to him.

While other things were going on Orion and Alsia tried out their powers. soon Orion turned into a sharp young gray dragon with a majestic wingspan. "Alsia, you try it." She nodded and began to concentrate. Soon she shrank, wings went away and tail receded. Within moments she was a human. This especially stunned almost everyone watching. She was fair skinned, beautiful blue eyes and hair with the perfect color of red. Her figure was elegant but strong and her movements were clumsy at first but became graceful and flowing thereafter. Many dragons and riders stared. "Orion... I... This is interesting, I have fingers, I have hair and...wow" She said in a peaceful voice, as she looked herself over she sounded comparable to an amazed angel, or at least whatever sounded like that. Orion was speechless, "You look amazing..." Orion thought for a moment. "Guess you can't really call me little one now, huh?" He joked. Then Alsia changed back into an Ice dragon and stood inches away from Orion, so they could see she was notably bigger as a dragon. She chuckled, "Nope, looks like I'm still bigger than you, little one." Once she proved he was still the little one she changed back into a beautiful human again. "I think I'll walk around like this for a bit." She smiled, she always wanted to know what being human felt like. "My skin is soft as a pillow!" She thought to Orion. He laughed,, " thats because you've been used to scales your whole life." Orion stretched his wings to their full length, the moment the lesson was over he was gonna test out his wings .

Nepula looked down at zen, examining him.

"gee, what has agares done to you" she mumbled. Amacules' hand started to glow the familiar green glow.

"I think this should help" Amacules said, as the healing powers took over, returning zen's vision back to normal, and closing up his wounds along with it. Zen's body glowed the same shade of green during the healing process, giving back his strength again.

"agares, doesn't he realize hat the lesson isn't over yet" Nepula hissed.

"stop complaining" Amacules said "although I see why you would"

“Ooh.” Was the only word that Zach could speak after Elena explained what they were doing. Armador only scratched his head finally realising what all those other dragons did it for. Both rider and dragon looked at each other smiling.

“Come on. Hit me with your best shot.” Zach spoke jokingly. Armador opened his mouth and fire mixed with sparks of electricity poured over his rider. Within a few seconds it stopped, Zach ran his fingers through his hair messing them around. Armador turned his attention to Draken and Elena waiting for next should happen.

Emeral paused, watching all the other riders. "Wait," Jade said backing away from Emerl, "You want to breath fire on me? To make the bond stronger? Have all of you lost your minds? You could burn up! Die, or seriously burned or...or.." Jade paused thinking. Emeral just shook her head thinking, I haven't breathed fire in so long, could I still do it? Without hurting my rider? Emeral stared at Jade as Jade was having a meltdown.

“Now now. Please refrain from using your powers for now. Untrained riders not knowing how to use them might cause more harm than good.” Elena spoke looking at some of them trying their new abilities. The one thing she doesn’t want now is a mess; they still have one task to complete before they can all enjoy the rest of the evening.

“On time. As usual.” Elena whispered to herself. Looking to the horizon a couple rather large dragons were approaching the area. It would take them a few minutes to reach them, enough time for everyone to finish the bonding.

Getting curious, Alsia climbed onto Orion's back while he was still in dragon form. She sat down and pointed in front of him. "Onward!" She shouted. "What are you doing?" "Just wanted to see how it felt being the one riding." Then Alsia climbed down and stumbled trying to regain her balance. Two legs felt strange, she was used to the stability of four while Orion was trying to coordinate 4 legs. As Alsia stood up she saw a couple big dragons on the horizon, "who are they?" she thought to herself.

Bryagh and Narcissa were not paying much attention to the other dragons and riders around them. They were too focused on the small black flame that had appeared in Narcissa's right hand. She hadn't meant to do it, but when Draken had explained that a rider could use their dragon's magic once bonded she had found herself thinking of Bryagh's unusual fire.

Bryagh himself was smirking, like the owner of a dog that had done a very clever trick. He watched as Narissa studied the flame in her hand and then gently closed her fingers over it, snuffing it out. She already knew how to control it. Just another sign that she was worthy of him.

Nepula looked down at zen, examining him.

"gee, what has agares done to you" she mumbled. Amacules' hand started to glow the familiar green glow.

"I think this should help" Amacules said, as the healing powers took over, returning zen's vision back to normal, and closing up his wounds along with it. Zen's body glowed the same shade of green during the healing process, giving back his strength again.

"agares, doesn't he realize hat the lesson isn't over yet" Nepula hissed.

"stop complaining" Amacules said "although I see why you would"

A reinvigorating sensation began to sweep over Zen's battered and bruised body, giving him the strength to move his body and washing away the pain inflicted upon him by Agares.

Pushing himself up into a sitting position, Zen began to rub at his eyes, before looking around. Almost instantly, he jumped back at the sight of several large dragons, all of which looked like they could kill him on a whim. "Where... where am I... somebody.. somebody help me!" he shouted,

Agares glanced back momentarily at the shrinking training area as he continued to fly away, before redoubling his efforts to get to the mountains north of the forest.

Amacules jumped back in surprise by zen's sudden reaction. A shocked look on her face

"you... You mean you never realized you have been here the whole past few hours?!" she said

"what has agares done to him" Nepula muttered. Amacules sighed, she would have to explain everything.

"you were brought here by the dragon that just flew away and right now you are here for training" she said as briefly as she could, "practicing magic right now" she said and a swirl of her hand revealed a flame, a really big flame, bigger than her entire palm of her hand.

Nepula looked at the direction agares flew to. Agares, how, and why, did you have to do his much to your rider she thought, He's so arrogant, he even flew away from a lesson!

((Sucks to be you Zen xd.png

I think Narcissa is going to be one of my few characters that doesn't get tormented in some way lol.))

((Zen:... no pain.. no gain..))

"Hours..?" replied Zen, rubbing his head as he looked around. His back against a tree, he had little chance of escape. "Where.. where exactly is here..." he questioned, holding his head up with one hand. "The last thing I remember... was.." he was cut off as the image of Agares flashed through his mind, flames encircling the pair of them as the large dragon stared down at him.

With both hands, Zen grabbed the sides of his head as he tried to stop the trembling. The image of Agares more then enough to terrify him.

A small grin was visible on Agares as he finally landed at his destination. Several smaller dragons had taken refuge here, however soon departed at the sight of the dragon's large frame.

Elena saw the poor rider who had been abused by his dragon. He was confused and afraid, being brought here and haven’t been able to know what was going on must have been awful. Elena looked at Draken who knew what she wanted to do. Curving his tail he created a pathway for Elena to go down without any problem.

Walking down Draken’s tail, she passed the newly bonded riders towards Zen. Elena stood in front of him extending her hand, smiling softly. Even though she was fully armoured and ready to fight, the kindness on her face made her look like a good Samaritan ready to help.

“Let me help you up.” She spoke still with her hand extended.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Emeral sadly smiled, "Don't worry this want hurt. I promise." Then Emeral reared back her head and blew a greenish fire over Jade. Jade felt a scream build inside her as the fire covered her. As she blinked, she noticed that she wasn't burned. She lifted her hands to examine them as the fire faded away. "See?" Emeral said, "No harm done."

"That means.." Jade paused, "What are your powers exactly?" Emeral shrugged, "I think you will find out soon enough." Emeral felt suddenly shy as if not to sure how to go on from there, "One of my powers is that I can control wind. Go ahead, try it out." Jade paused, "Don't you have more?"

Emeral paused and looked away from Jade as her tail twitched she said, "Just try it."

Zen turned his head as he heard a voice he did not recognize, at first he was hesitant, thinking that it was another Dragon however that hesitency disappeared when he saw the extended hand in his field of vision.

"Th.. thanks.." he replied, taking her hand and getting up on his feet. He could see Draken's form in the distance behind her, which sent a shiver down his spine. The mere thought of something that big being able to exist in this world was a hard to grasp concept... atleast for Zen it was.

Amacules could see that zen is clearly uncomftorable around the dragons. She looked up at Nepula, wondering if he would be surprised by her size too, being a wyvern and all. The dragon looked back. Down at her, wondering if she would give out any orders, which she thought she wouldn't.

"you would need to get used to dragons around" Amacules said, "they won't hurt you, well, your dragon sort of is."

“No matter.” Elena spoke taking in consideration what Amacules said. “We will sort Agares out on a later stage, for now let’s just make everyone comfortable.” Elena continued to speak after she pulled Zen up. Stepping slightly back she looked at Zen up and down pleased that he was healed.

“Thank you Amacules and Nepula for healing him.” Elena spoke smiling at them.

Looking behind the group Elena just noticed the dragons she saw before landing at the far end. They carried large bags that made loud metal sounds every time the riders moved them. Pleased Elena moved towards them greeting the riders and dragons with a smile.

“Here they are rider Elena. Weapons and armour. Ready for the new young ones.” A big man spoke looking proud at his work.

“Ah thank you. I believe they all will like it.” Elena spoke giving the man a hug. The rugged man slightly blushed when she hugged him, it wasn’t something he was used but it was still nice. Elena spun around motioning everyone to come closer while the riders started to unpack the newly made weapons.

“Everyone come! It’s time to choose your weapons and armour.” She exclaimed excitingly.

Both Orion and Alsia smiled and walked to Elena and the weapon bags, extremely eager to pick out their equipment. At the mention of weapons and armor Orion's eyes widened noticably, like a kid in a candy store. Then he turned back into human form and stood by Alsia. They looked in the huge bags to behold numerous sharp, elegant, impressive, and elegantly made weapons. "There so much variety!" Orion told Alsia excitedly. "I'm picking one too if I can be a human as well." Alsia replied. "Something ranged and something you can swing would be a good idea." He told her, she nodded. Orion had a good idea of what he'd pick, probably a bow and a sword, or maybe something else as well such as a knife in emergencies, and pick out armor too, probably something between light and medium armor that looked really good, he wanted protection but nothing that would seriously hinder movement. (Will edit with picture link later) Soon he found what he was looking for...it was amazing. Alsia also found armor for herself, something light so she could also put it in a bag for when she was in dragon form (will also edit with link). Then weapons, Orion found a magnificent bow (will edit with picture of all weapons and equipment they picked). He also picked out a beautiful sword. Alsia, however, wasn't quite sure what she should get, she was still getting used to two legs, let alone swinging weapons. While she searched though the weapons hefting and feeling them, trying to find one that suit her Orion looked to Elena. "These are amazing, I have a question though, why not use guns as well?"

Nepula stood proudly from the king's words, and looked behind her as the weapons and armor came in.

"remember ours?" the dragon reminded her rider, "when We were just students"

"of course I remember, who can ever forget these" Amacules said, and drawed out, not one, but two two-hand swords, one In each hand. "I wonder what they are going to pick"

"hopefully it's something they can actually use" Nepula replied. When she heard the word guns, she flinched a little. Why would someone mention using guns?

"Wow. That's a lot of weapons.What should I choose?" Jaken wondered.Go.Let your heart guide you.It will show you the perfect weapon.Jaken closed his eyes and walked over to bag. Slowly he took out a sword. It was fairly plain with a pale jewel at the end.The unusual thing was the blade,it was almost pure black.Jaken opened his eyes,the sword was perfect,not too light,not too heavy.Then something else caught his eye.It was a pouch full of shurikens.Jaken wasn't sure how many weapons they could take but he slipped it into his pocket anyway.Jaken did not take any Armour for when he flew he never wore anything that would slow Durendila down, Armour certainly would.

Zen walked towards the pile of weapons layed out before the group. He scanned over the various assortment of weaponry ranging from short ranged weapons such as daggers to long ranged weapons such as Bows and arrows.

Walking closer, his eyes locked onto a rather large hand and a half sword, a weapon designed for users who could wield it using either one hand accompanied by another piece of weaponry on the other hand, or wielded with two hands for a heavier blow. The blade itself was not as fancy as the others, yet it seemingly called out to Zen as he picked it up by the hilt. The blade felt neither heavy nor light, a rather perfect match for Zen who began to swing it around slightly as he examined how it felt in his grasp.

Deciding on this as his weapon of choice, he made his way to the armor. Buried under a pile of armor was a black shoulder-guard, which extended down the arm. It was designed to be attached to the left side of a person. Pulling it out from under the other armor Zen began to put it on, sliding his left hand down into it until his fingers reached out of the end. He clenched and un-clenched his fist, getting his hand accustomed to the feel of this armor. Around the knuckles were several small metal plates with a pointed end, designed to increase the force of a punch whilst also protecting the knuckles.

Satisfied with his choices he walked out into an open area and stared skyward. If you had asked him the day before if dragons really existed, he would have most likely laughed in your face... however he couldn't deny it now... the real things were right before him...

Agares rested upon the edge of the mountain, staring into the distance at the forest of Nor, his birthplace on the island. His Titanium ability is essentially an earth type, since Titanium is a mineral found in the earth. A few dragons could occasionally be seen through the gaps in the tree's or flying in and out of the forest to destinations unknown. Bored, Agares activated his titanium exoskeleton, isolating the effect to his tail. Without looking he swung it in a downward motion, causing part of the mountain to fall to the ground 100's of meters below him. What was left on the spot he cut was a smooth clean cut.

The part which he had sliced off crashed into the ground below, sending the birds in the nearby tree's into a hysteric frenzy as they fled to the sky.

Bryagh eyed the sacks of weapons and armour and snorted. There was nothing in there for his rider. No...there was a better option for them than scrounging in a pile of scrap metal.

He lifted Narcissa up onto his shoulders and waited for her to arrange herself into place before turning his back on the other dragons. He walked out of the training area and then took to the sky.

He knew exactly what weapon Narcissa should wield.

Elena smiled pleased that some have welcomed the weapons and armour. Eventually everything would come together and soon they will be in combat with the enemy.

“Good question Orion. Bullets don’t tend to pierce dragon scales that easily.” Elena spoke knocking on one of the dragon’s scales that was next to her. “But weapons such as swords and arrows can easily piece through them. Plus bullets can’t pierce the skins of demons either.”

Elena left the group allowing them to choose on their own weapons on their own terms. Walking back to Draken she noticed he had made his way down from the platform. She smiled at her dragon hoping that with the new comers they will finally be able to defeat those demons and the dark rider.

It didn't take long for Bryagh to reach the shopping district of Dragoria. There were more humans here than dragons, as dragons did care too much about clothes or footware. Many turned to stare as Bryagh landed outside the museum. He was an unusal sight here, much prefering the solitude of the mountains. Many more were surprised to see the pale haired girl on his back, but neither took any notice of their audience.

Bryagh turned to face the museum doors and pushed his way inside.