DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

“What took so long Skavrael? I sent you kill their warriors. Not toying with them.” A man spoke sitting in his rock carved chair as his one eye looked down when one of his minions entered the room. His black hood hanged low over his face hiding him from the dim light that the flames emitted. On his lap was a book where his hand rested on moving now and again as the dark rider continued his reading. A grey figure with pitch black eyes loomed behind the dark rider looking down at Skavrael. Saliva started dripping from the grey dragon’s jaws as minion approached, eager to make a feast out of him.

“I have a task for both of you and Branwyn. Fetch her now!” The harsh voice of the man echoed as he gave his orders.

~~

Draken slowed down noticing the young rider not doing very well. He started to glide around the spiral pillar that Elena summoned giving Zen a chance to steady himself of the dragon. The ancients for bid if the boy messed his scales he will wash him for the next few weeks.

“Zen!” Elena shouted as she saw the boy struggle. “Get control of yourself. Open your eyes and feel the flow with Draken. Touch his scales, his muscles, feel his breathing, become one with his movement.”

Skavrael barely reacted as he stood there. The dragon did not strike fear in his heart... having once fought against it many years ago. Without uttering a word, he moved his right arm, placing a closed fist on his chest and leaning forward ever so slightly.

Once done, he turned and excited the hall, heading down the corridor to where he had last seen Branwyn, however she was not there.

5 minutes later, he stood outside the door to her room, "The master beckons.. he has another mission for the two of us.." he spoke calmly through the door.

Zen opened his eyes slightly, hearing Elena's voice. The flight was smoother now and the wind less rough against his face. Gradually he began to feel around Draken, his hand placed over the joint which connected his wing to his back.

The more time that passed, the calmer he felt riding on top of draken

“Good. Good.” Elena praised Zen for getting in rhythm with Draken. She turned to look at the others and notice a few still on the ground. “You’re not gonna learn anything if you lot keep sitting down there.” She called out to them.

Elena closed her eyes once again summoning the power of the wind. Several small creatures made out of wind started to form in the sky, causing the wind currents get stronger. Their eyes glowed yellow and their bark sounded like lighting crackling through the skies. Even thou they were only made out of wind they should not be underestimated. The wind creatures slowly walked in the air like a hungry wolf stalking its prey, ready to make the kill. If they could survive this then at least they would at least have mastered a piece of one element Elena thought to herself.

"Go." She whispered. The wind hounds barked and in pairs of three charged the students.

Bryagh and Narcissa had not yet joined the others in the sky due to wanting to see how they performed. Bryagh did not want to launch himself into the air only to be knocked from it by someone messing around. However patience wasn't a virtue that the King's rider seemed to possess as she used magic to force the issue.

Grumbling Bryagh spread his wings and leapt upwards, clearing the charging wind hounds by several feet. He pounded his wings to help him gain height, Narcissa holding on tightly to his spines.

Steering clear of the other dragons Bryagh began to fly a steady circle around the training area. Narcissa sat upright and took in the view. She had flown with Bryagh several times now. It felt almost second nature.

With one open eye, Agares stared at the wind creatures that were created and grunted. A simple trick for one who can command air.. the king and his rider were merely showing off.. he snorted and lowered his head once again.

Zen looked at the creatures, one hand placed on the hilt of the sword which was strapped against his back. As a group of three headed towards them, he pulled out his sword and held it. It was the only thing he could think off in this situation.

Skavrael's voice broke Branwyn's concentration and the grey energies were lost. Letting out a frustrated sigh at the lost effort Branwyn replied. "I understand." She said simply, before throwing on the cloak. The black energies in the first receptacle remained in place, she would have to finish some other time. Branwyn grabbed her bow and quiver of arrows before opening the door to see the blue flamed man. "I am ready." She said exiting the room and closing the door behind her. She hadn't brought a candle since she figured they would be leaving once the orders were given and Skavrael had light aplenty to offer anyways. So she would just follow after the flaming minion.

Username:(forum name roserose2001) in dragoncave roserosa2001

Name:zelinko

Type of Dragon:neotropical

Job:he doesnt know yet

Appearance: http://dragcave.net/view/YRhQv (this is him)

History: he just wanderd into this clan after surviving on his own

Mate: no

Other:me (roserosa2001) uses my sisters acounts , they dont realy play on them becuase they find it confusing, they make me do everything for them (aka adopting eggs and breeding and stuff ) for there accounts, they let me use there dragons sometimes in stories so, im askin if i can use theres in here

zelinko thinks hes so big and powerfull , hes a rude dude who thinks hes boss, but he probably cant handle being alpha (this is how he acts ) ,,,

also i read the whole intro (its cool) i just forgot the word xd.png sorry

((First of all roserose the RP is currently closed. That means Spirit is not accepting new characters at the moment.

Secondly it appears you have used your own form rather than the one Spirit provided. While I do not think there any any rules against joining with a DC dragon, you do need to use the correct form and fill it out properly.

Lastly, where is the rider? You can't join as just a dragon.))

Skavrael's voice broke Branwyn's concentration and the grey energies were lost. Letting out a frustrated sigh at the lost effort Branwyn replied. "I understand." She said simply, before throwing on the cloak. The black energies in the first receptacle remained in place, she would have to finish some other time. Branwyn grabbed her bow and quiver of arrows before opening the door to see the blue flamed man. "I am ready." She said exiting the room and closing the door behind her. She hadn't brought a candle since she figured they would be leaving once the orders were given and Skavrael had light aplenty to offer anyways. So she would just follow after the flaming minion.

Without uttering a word, Skavrael turned and began to walk back in the direction he came in. His blue fire acting as a light source.

After a few minutes of silence and walking, he reached the outside of the hall. He pushed opened the door and walked in towards their master. Finally reaching the spot, he kneeled before the Dark Rider.

"I have brought her.." he stated, not getting up from his position.

Branwyn followed after Skavrael, the man was unsurprisingly silent for the duration of their walk through the castle. Branwyn had long since gotten used to that silence.

When they arrived Branwyn glanced up to see their master's dragon. Unlike Skavrael the dragon did unnerve Branwyn. It's dark and eerie nature seemed to just have that affect on her. Branwyn knelt before the dark rider once inside the throne room. "I've come as ordered." she said without lifting her head although the hood of her cloak was down so that her face was exposed. Branwyn wondered what the task their master had would be, especially since both she and Skavrael had been summoned.

((Yeah it would have been nice if you could have removed your posts since you made an oopsie))

Novan’s good eye fell upon his two minions as they entered the dark room. He sat in silence still paging though his book while Goruk loomed over his rider still drooling at the meat in front of him. Novan is planning on making the demons stronger but every time he strengthens the vile creatures his control over them weakens. But being a rider for many years he knew a couple of ways to deal with such a problem.

“On the island of Madagascar is several let’s say small dragons of some sort. Pygmy’s if you want to call them that. They are elemental creatures but most of them have a sort of poisons saliva. I want that.” The Dark Rider spoke with authority in his voice.

“Bring me a few, dead or alive of each element. Wind, water, fire and earth.” His gaze turned back to the page that he stopped at, reading a few sentences. “Be weary when making chaos on the island. Elena can easily come to its aid and take you out, don’t underestimate her or the king.”

“Now leave my rider and do as you’re told.” Goruk roared after Novan finished his words.

Skavrael stood up from his kneeling position, turned and walked out of the hall. The dragon's roar sending a rather humid and foul smelling breeze past him. He hadn't thought to wait for Branwyn, he simply wanted to get this job done with as fast as possible.

He walked through the darkened corridors until he reached the main entrance. Belphegor was already in the stone courtyard, the dismembered body of a lesser minion acting as his chew toy as he waited.

Branwyn listened to the mission. It seemed simple enough, little more than a smash and grab. The dragon roared for them to leave, it would have sent a chill down Branwyn's spine but the foul breath caused repulsion to take hold instead. She stood and left with Skavrael. Once outside Branwyn started to walk to where Hera was being kept, she figured Skavrael wouldn't wait for her so she called to him over her shoulder. "I'll grab a bag to carry them in, try not to kill everything before I get there."

amacules signaled for nepula to land on the earth pillar that elena created a few moments ago. nepula spread out her feathered wings, as amacules opened up her arms, and they glowed a bright red. unlike their healing aura, this one releases heat waves. around the training area, where it was already littered with air hounds, small embers began to form along with them. those small embers began to transform into bigger flames, and into fire wolves. lets see how they will handle this amacules thought, looking down at elena.

"fast and strong, this is going to be interesting," nepula said as she folded up her wings, and her rider nodded in replie

After a while Bryagh landed again in the training area. He and Narcissa already knew how to fly together, he saw no point in wasting any more energy. Narcissa had taken to the whole thing like a duck to water.

Narcissa slid down Bryagh's side and stretched her arms. She had spent so long sitting on the black dragon's back her legs were going numb. Under the watchful gaze of her dragon she started to walk around a little to try and revive them.

Belphegor exited the hollowed out cave, entering the brightness of the morning sky, with Skavrael standing firmly atop his skull. As they left the darkness of the tunnel, Belphegor released a fearsome roar, the sound waves echoing around the tree's and mountain peaks.

Belphegor landed at the edge of a mountain peak and stared out at the forest below. Flocks of forest birds had taken to the sky, fleeing in abject fear of the monstrous roar that deafened their tiny ears.

As the birds gained distance between themselves and the mighty force of Skavrael, and the echoes silenced, the area around them was left deathly silent. For a few minutes, the pair of them stood at the edge, absorbing this ghastly scenario. Since their introduction into the dark society of the fallen rider, they have learned to embrace everything the dragon king had sought to diminish. Hatred, fear, destruction.. just another day's work for them now.

Skavrael glanced back at the cave entrance, half expecting to see Branwyn fly out. Seeing nothing, he leaned down and placed one hand atop Skavrael's head. Belphegor took to the sky, his shadow casting the ground beneath him in temporary darkness.

Branwyn collected the bag from one of the servents and with Hera nearby the minion mounted the griffon. "Let's get a move on we need to catch up with Skavrael." Hera let lose a cry and was in the air. They soared forward and out of the castle-cave. Already the figure of Belphegor was a distant sight. Branwyn didn't rush though, as long as the wyvern was in sight there was no need to close in, it wasn't like she and Skavrael had much to talk about during the tripto their destination and it sure as hell wasn't a race. Instead Branwyn drew up the hood of her cloak and pulled the drawstrings tight so that her face was reasonably well hidden. if they ran into opposition she didn't want people seeing her face, in case they ran into her later when she was out of the castle but no on minion business, not that such occurences were common anymore.

((You know you guys can control the hounds if you like... I can't think of so many things at one time.))

Zach lay down low as Amador dodged one of the wind hounds. He cursed softly as they barely missed another one. What were they suppose to do? Just dodge them or fight them? he thought to himself as dragon and rider flew.

“Amador any suggestions?” he spoke to his dragon watching as more hounds appeared and this time a fire type. He was starting to feel fear for not knowing what to do.

“Fight my young rider. Fight while we fly.” Amador spoke sounding rather chirpy. He would of course enjoy this since all dragons have the urge to fight every now and then and doing it while flying was a bonus.

Zach returned to his thoughts not paying attention to the hounds, he knew Amador would evade them. Slowly his heart started beating to a normalish pace, while his hand reached for his spear that rested on his legs. Grabbing hold of his weapon the young man slowly sat upright, feeling the rush of wind knocking him about. His legs tightened their grip on Amador forcing himself to stay in one spot. It was rather tiring to do all this together but this lesson will mean nothing if they haven’t learned anything.

Now sitting upright with weapon clutched in both hands Zach was ready to take on the hounds. A fire hound at that moment decided to change direction and charge the rider and dragon from the side. Zach held out his spear waiting for the fire hound to come closer and closer until it was almost upon them. Amador did a small spin in the air causing the fire hound to run underneath him. As the creature passed Zach stabbed it in the back sending along with it a lightning bolt. The sudden burst of energy caused the fire hound to fade leaving only a little puff of smoke.

“Right who’s next?” He spoke in confidence feeling proud for what he has achieved.

~~

Three of the wind and three of the fire hounds landed only a few feet away from Narcissa. Stalking her as she walked, they waited patiently to see what she might do or maybe what her dragon might do. They wanted to force her to fight seeing that she refused to do anything.

~~

A wind hound was running towards Zen followed by another. They were aiming for the boy ready to knock him off from Draken. The dragon king eyed the young boy taking notice in his form and spirit.

“Strike!” He roared to Zen refusing to dodge the creature.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Shortly after Bryagh and Narcissa landed some of the wind hounds turned its attention upon them again. The black dragon turned to face it as a wind hound charged towards his rider, but took no action to avoid it. The semi-transparent creature raced forward and lunged at Narcissa, but was stopped mid air when it collided with an invisible wall. The force behind its jump caused the wind hound to smash its self into nothingness and Bryagh snorted in disgust.

Narcissa hadn't taken any notice of the wind hound, even when it had only been a few feet away from her. She was too busy crouching down to inspect a strange looking bug she had found crawling across the ground. It wasn't one she recognised, but on a island of dragons and magic creatures had probably evolved differently.

Edited by Fortune86

each fire hound that disappeared, brought in more hounds to replace it. Amacules watched comfortably from nepula's bare back.

"Dont you think you're being a bit harsh," nepula asked, but it was hardly a question, joking around.

"when was i ever easy on someone," amacules replied back, not taking it as a joke, serious as usual. her hand glowed red as she summoned hounds. nepula looked down from the pillar she was perched on.

"you gotta admit, this is kind of fun," the wyvern said, watching the fire wolf stalk narcissa. amacules gave her a look that seemed to say "now you're the harsh one," but instead admitted it.

Edited by Skullete-thetamer_1

((Um. Narcissa and the bug are safely behind Bryagh's protective barrier. This locks them into place, but means they can't be approached or attacked.))