DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

"Is that so...?" replied Agares smugly towards Emeral. "... weakness is also a thing to be frowned upon... weakness such as befriending these vermin.." his hail was brought around him, holding Agares in a vice like grip similar to that of a snake constricting its prey. "...The strong rule the weak..."

Agares turned his head slightly as he heard Nepula's faint mumble and grinned at the irony of her word. "Those who aren't cowards speak their mind... they do not hide behind a wall of silence and anonymity ..." he grinned, twisting her futile attempt at an insult around.

When the dragon king arrived and beckoned towards the others, Agares refrained from moving. He had too much pride within himself to allow himself to follow the commands of a human lover, regardless of whether or not it was the king himself. Besides, from his spot he was within hearing distance of whatever it was the king had to say. Agares yawned.

Alsia looked to Orion, "we need to get closer" "agreed" Orion responded and they made a brisk walk until they could hear and see the king clearly. "That, Orion, is the king..." Alsia whispered.

ishmael saw a huge dragon alight by the training area and was about to tell althaea to go, but the dragon chuckled and shot forward. 'always 2 steps ahead of you, little rider?" ishmael laughed. "apparently, but only because you can read my mind!" she giggled. they arived in the training area before the king, and fell silent. the dragon king and his rider were scary, but magnificent. it was indescribable, how well the dragon and rider got along, like they were one creature.

"you say humans are tools to make us stronger, are you admitting that your too weak to fight with out a human?" Nepula asked.

At the call from the king Amacules motioned to Nepula, and they both walked and settled closer to where the king was. Well it's finally time. Let's see what the king has to say Amacules thought as she looked up at them.

"Durie! Stop, it's the King!"He whispered the last word.Huh? The king?Durendila turned away from the curious pair to the center of the training area.He's massive..."Come on,we need to stand in front of him."She took one last glance at the curious pair in the shadows and padded after Jaken to the king.

Emeral growled at Agares, "I am not weak. I have learned that from living so long in the human lands. Maybe it is not cowardicness, maybe it is just in their nature to be silent?" Emeral heard the kings called, but didn't move. Being away from th king, she was not used to obeying him. Jade looked at Emeral and then Agares, who was to close for her comfort, in nervousness and maybe a little fearful.

Elena stood in front of Draken looking over the new comers. She smiled slightly remembering when the elders tried to teach her on controlling her powers but ended in a disaster most of the time. Returning her mind to the matter at hand she had to agree with Draken there was a slight hint of tension in the air but they will to shrug it off and fight later if they wanted to.

Narrowing her eyes she saw Agares remaining in his spot most likely because of his little problem of disliking humans. Elena could only smile at the irony about the fact that he has found his rider. She also noticed a patch of shadow that seemed a bit darker than the shadow itself, she would have missed it if it wasn’t for her training.

“Agares why don’t you and your rider come closer? I doubt you two will hear me.” Elena shouted loud enough for them to hear her. “And you in the shadows as well.”

Elena didn’t feel much in the mood to shout so that a troublesome creature could hear. If Draken were to speak it would be different as well but not today. Today Elena is in charge and if they didn’t obey she will turn to other drastic measures.

Agares merely laugh at Nepula's response. "Such naivety..." he replied "is a swordsman suddenly weak without their sword?... are they unable to fight because they lack their tool?... a sword may make a swordsman stronger, however it does not mean the swordsman was weak to begin with... likewise... because I choose to accept this tool as a means for gaining more power... it does not mean i am a weakling without it..." he growled. "Swordsmen that try to befriend their swords are fools... just like dragons that choose to befriend their human tools..."

Agares turned his head to look at Emeral as she interrupted."Then it is in their nature to be cowards.." he replied to Emeral, before he could respond further, Elena called out to them.

"I can hear you just fine from here.... human..." replied Agares, growling as he said the word human. Not in a million years would he allow himself to be commanded by a mere human... even if it was the rider of the dragon king, the mere fact that she addressed him so casually was more then enough to add fuel to the fire as he crushed a boulder clenched under his left claw. If it weren't for Draken's presence he would have lashed out at her without any hesitation.

Despite her success at making him more aggrevated, one thing had caught his attention, her remark to someone in the shadows. A presence Agares had failed to notice. Agares looked over in that direction and could barely make out the faint outline of a dragonic figure and white hair.

Edited by TotallyDrow

“Very well.” Elena spoke to herself smiling slightly. “Draken would you please?” she spoke to the king who merely just sat behind her like a statue staring in front of him. Draken lifted his fore-paw and stomped the platform slightly then returned back to his statue like stance.

Out of nowhere the earth under Agares spiked upwards from under him, sending him a little into the air and closer to the group. Elena stood and watched closely what his actions might be, she knew he wouldn’t favor what had just happened but it was rather entertaining.

“Who said I wanted you to listen. My concern is that your rider should listen and for that he needs to be a bit closer.”

((My bad, edited my post.))

Agares was caught off guard by the sudden earth magic as he was brought closer to the group. Zen firmly gripped by his tail. "Do not thing that you are safe... Draken won't be able to protect you forever.." he whispered, as he lowered his head towards the girl. As he did so, he tossed Zen towards the ground and stretched out his wings.

"Look after that tool for me... " he growled before taking to the sky.

Edited by TotallyDrow

After a short while another dragon noticed Bryagh's presence and despite all evidence indicating that he was not in the mood to talk, what with hiding himself in the shadows and all, started plodding towards him.

Thankfully they did not get close enough to speak as Draken arrived and instantly caught everyone's attention. Bryagh watched the curious dragon and rider turn away with narrow eyes. He disliked the company of other dragons. The moment Draken had done his piece he was out of here.

Agares seemed to be causing a bit of a fuss. He was larger and physically stronger than Bryagh, but he tried to solve all of his problems through force. He thought with his flames, not his brains. Agares did not know how or when to play the game.

The King's brat whatshername called all of the dragons to move closer. Bryagh disliked the idea of exposing Narcissa to anyone else, but for now he had to follow the rules. He reluctantly got to his feet and tread a little closer as Agares flew off after Draken's display of power. He stopped a fair distance from the others though and settled back down. Narcissa was still sitting between his shoulder blades and watching the Dragon King with muted interest.

Emeral just shook her head then laid down, she hadn't moved when the earth magic rushed towards Agares. She slightly snorted, though when he tossed his rider aside, she growled feeling her rage build again. Jade slide down off of Emeral's back and was about to go help the rider when Emeral said, "We do not need to help. They got her," Emeral glanced at her with her huge eye, "I would lay low if you do not wan the king to notice that we are not followng orders either," Emeral slighty chuckled at her own comment. Jade just shook her head then leaned against Emeral's side watching the other dragons, "Why are we even here then if you do not want to bow to no king?"

"Because you need to learn to be a rider, and this is the best place to do so," Emeral replied as she turned her eye away from Jade. Truth be told, she thought to herself, I missed this place, my true home.

((Hope you are fine with this Drow))

Elena narrowed her eyes as she heard the dragon’s words but he wasn’t there five years ago, he had no clue what power she really possessed. If the day would come she will stand her ground against him and he will regret it.

“Nepula, Amacules will you attend to him?” Elena spoke looking at the man feeling sorry for the fact that he had to be the rider of this human hater of a dragon. “We’ll just wait for them to return then I will continue.” Elena addressed to the rest.

Just as Agares took to the skies so did Draken, he wasn’t aiming on having revenge for the fact that he threatened his rider but both dragon and rider needed to finish the bond. Flying bellow Agares out of sight, Draken twisted in the air causing him to fly like a backstroke swimmer. As he positioned himself underneath the human hated dragon he waited till they were clear out of harm’s way.

“Agares.” Draken spoke drawing his attention and locking his own talons with Agares by surprise. As they were locked the king used his power over the wind tossing Agares in the air, unbalancing him in mid-air. Draken then used his own strength gaining the upper hand, tossing him back towards the earth causing him to crash just outside the training area.

“You still have a task at hand to do.” The king spoke down at Agares.

"A task to be nice to everyone you mean," Emeral mutterd to herself with a smile. Jade snorted trying to cover her laugh. Jade placed her hand over her mouth. A smiled formed under her hand, as Emeral continued to smile as her tail twitched from the uncontained laughter that was inside her.

Agares gasped as his body hit the ground, the unexpected attack from Draken catching him completely off guard. Had this been a fight where both sides were on equal terms the outcome wouldn't have been so one sided, however Draken had the advantage over the elements. Wind may be your ally in flight, however it can just as easily betray you... and Agares experienced that first hand with the kings dirty trick.

Agares rolled to his side, pushing his body off the ground and shaking loose the debris that had clung to him. Looking up at the king, Agares glared before releasing a jet of flame skyward, its purpose more of a warning then an attack.

Walking over to the others, Agares pushed his way through the other dragons before stopping near Zen. His right front leg placed firmly over the boy, his head only sticking out between two claws. He applied enough pressure on Zen's body, making it harder for him to breath yet not strong enough to break any bones.

"Girl." he said, looking at Elena. "Get this over with..."

Elena took a seat on the edge of the platform smiling as Draken sorted out Agares. Having the ability over the elements does have some good perks; the problem is being discreet on when to use them. Sometimes so much power can cause a person to turn that is one thing she had learned over the past five years.

Draken finally returned to his spot on the platform behind Elena, watching over her and the new riders. There was silence for a few minutes as both the king and Elena looked at the students in front of them.

“So my first question is.” Elena spoke ignoring Agares still sitting on the side of the platform edge. “Do any of you know why you have been brought here by your dragons?”

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Jaken watched in awe as a large dragon was sent to the ground by the king."Did you see that Durie?" I did,what power! Though our power of the winds are nearly as strong.She grinned.Just then Elena called out her question."Why are we here?" Jaken asked his dragon.She smiled but said nothing.

Amacules was just about to tend to zen when agares came straight back, but with his body on the human. What does he not like about us? You can't just go and kill things... Or at least look like killing things Amacules thought, but the look on her face didn't Hide any of it. She listened to the king and the Question. she has told everyone, but they still might be a little hazy about it, herself included.

Nepula watched agares with one keen eye, her feathers burning with firepower, and so was her surroundings. She decided to have a little fun with that dragon. Her feathered quivered slightly and strong wind came through agares' claws and under it, enough strength to slightly lift it off the ground.

Agares felt himself being gradually lifted off the ground, the air around him was acting in a strange manner, similar to when Draken had ambushed him. Looking at Draken, Agares saw nothing out of the ordinary, the fact that it wasn't Draken's doing angered him, as it implied that one of the other dragon's here had the gall to use magic against him.

Snaking his head around, he scanned the crowed looking for whoever was causing the air around him to act unnaturally. His eyes fixed onto Nepula, the dragoness clearly acting differently to the other dragons. Without wasting any effort, Agares's scales began to change color, a Titanium exoskeleton was beginning to cover his body, making him slightly heavier then normal and sharpening his features. Annoyed that this dragon dared disturb him, he slashed his tail around as he turned his body. In the process a clump of tree's were sliced in half, courtesy of his bladelike tail. The tip of it coming to a rest just under the chin of Nepula. If his tail were fully stretched it may be easy to avoid, however that was not the case. Halfway down the length of his tail, his muscles had tensed up in a curve like manner. In an instant Agares could effortlessly stretch it out fully in a jabbing manner. (Not sure if I explained it properly, but imagine a snake moving its head back before suddenly stretching it out and striking.)

"Care to make this interesting?!" he growled at her. A bit of light reflected off his now reflective blade like tail, as he waited for the dragon to respond.

In a flash,Durendila air warped behind him with Jaken on his back.

Jaken slid his sword gently under one of Agares's neck scale.Jaken had a grim smile on his face as he said,"Sure,we can make this interesting,Although you may not come off best."

((hope you're fine with this drow))

((Yeah it's fine smile.gif ))

Agares laughed morbidly as he heard the boys threat. Looking past the boy, his attention focused on the dragon; a black dragon with crimson red eyes. He studied the dragon momentarily, unsure as to how she had managed to so easily sneak up on him. Not being able to figure it out, he turned his attention back at the human, he couldn't help but feel a tad bit more excited now, after all Agares did enjoy playing with his food from time to time....

"I must admit, it takes a lot of courage for a mere human to stand up to a dragon.." growled Agares as he stared at the boy with one eye. "However courage can only get you so far...", Agares dug his claws into the ground and continued to look at the boy with one eye. "To think that such a creature would raise its sword at me.... an insult!" he thought to himself. His expression suddenly changed to one of feral anger as he glared at the boy, his dragon blood boiling now as his anger rose."Do not think that such a weak weapon will hurt me, Boy!" he roared. A tiny bit of fire escaped through his mouth. "You dare raise your sword at me, you better be prepared to face the consequences!"

Agares pushed his neck down on the sword, unaffected by its sharpness. "This titanium exoskeleton of mine, is more then enough to fend off that blunt blade of yours!" he said in a sinister manner. The pressure on Zen's body from Agares's foot was gradually increasing in pressure.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Ok since you guys sort that out I'll just continue with my bit... Also those who haven't posted in awhile will be removed from the RP. I'm mostly referring to those who haven't even posted anything in this month.))

Elena caught a glimpse of trouble that was starting at the back; she could only sigh knowing this might happen every day throughout training. Standing up she closed her eyes and dug into the flow of magic, Draken watched over his rider making sure she was still in control of what she was about to do.

“Some have no manners.” Elena spoke.

Thick vines shot out of the earth wrapping around the troublemakers, neutralizing them, not even Agares sharp claws and wings was able to get to them and cut them. Small rocks raised for the earth raised from the ground and flew towards both dragons and rider, injuring them slightly in the head.

“Would you lot just try and behave yourselves for once?” Elena spoke slightly annoyed with their actions. “The next to misbehave will be challenged by Draken.” She knew the threat was useless to some but a good beating from the king would at least discipline them for a few minutes

Alsia looked over to the ones that had just been making. "Everyone just seems so polite" she said sarcastically. Orion wondered how often something like this would happen, and whether there was bad blood or just dragons being dragons. "Alsia, what is your view on dragons and riders?" He hoped it would be better than that of the titanium armored dragon. "A dragon and his or her rider is their friend, ally, and partner. it isn't a tool and a user, it's two equal partners working together, like you and me. Don't worry, I'm not blind like the other dragon over there he thinks hes better than humans because hes bigger." Orion smiled, comforted by her response, "thank you".

Nepula felt the blade, then it seemed to have disappeared as she heard the other rider's threat. I could handle this my self thank you very much Nepula thought as she turned around. With another quiver of her feathers she stopped her wind spell and looked back up At the dragon king. Amacules gave her an eyeing look.

"sometimes I have to wonder if everything you do is okay or not" she whispered. She knows her dragon completely well, as she is almost like a exact copy of Amacules. Nepula huffed

"and what would it be this time" she whispered back.

"neutral" Amacules simply said with a smile. She looked back up to the king, "a dragon will always be a dragon, they could go ahead and torture us but it still won't change us"

"so true"