DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

((Well, I'm looking for someone to interact with, since I feel like such a loser just posting things with no one who is really directly interacting with my character. My whole reason to rp is to have someone reply directly to something I post so then in return I can reply back.

I keep stating that if someone, ANYONE, wants to INTERACT with Dalen they ARE FREE TO DO SO.

I do not bite. I will love you forever for just speaking up that you want to.))

Edited by Kira1

((Yeah I don't get why people ain't interacting *sighs* I will see if I can do something about it))

Edited by DragonSpirit009

((Sorry I haven't been posting much. My brain keeps derping on me.))

Bryagh didn't feel the need to point out that Narcissa already had plenty of experience flying bareback. He had carried her across an entire ocean doing so. Then again, she had been half asleep during most of the journey, so perhaps the whelp Elena could give some tips.

Narcissa was already sitting in place on Bryagh's back. He seemed to prefer her being up there whenever possible. This was probably because it meant all of his talons were free for use. Instead she looked around at the other students. Some of them seemed to be having some difficulty with their dragons. That seemed strange to Narcissa, which was odd in its self. She had never met Bryagh before yesterday, but somehow she felt like she had known him her entire life. Not being with him would feel alien.

((Unfortunately I think the only way Narcissa is going to interact with anyone is if she is seperated from Bryagh. He'll do all the talking otherwise.))

Zach was standing in the training area looking at the beaten up Agares. He then looked at the others wondering what was happening hoping one of them would ask. Why would the king just drop him here like that, he was after all perfectly fine yesterday even thou he was a complete jerk. Climbing off Armador he walked a bit closer looking up Elena.

“What the hell happened to him?” He called out to their teacher pointing to Agares. “Are you planning to do that to us?”

“Zach!” Armador spoke growling at his rider. “What are you doing?”

“I’m asking for an explanation. I bet everyone here wants to know what happened to him.” Zach spoke looking at the others for support.

((Guys feel free to jump into the conversation… It’s all I can think of now))

((I have a question, in the battle, darken used some lightning, would that be considered a separate element?))

"I think most of us understand what happened" Amacules said, dusting her hands. Nepula nodded, but looked up at the king. The crazy lightning and the other flashy stuff on the mountains can probably mean only me thing Nepula thought. At least everyone was okay, no deaths, and the serious wounds were healed, on agares that is

((Yes but he has the power over nature... and that includes storms))

Bryagh rolled his red eyes. Did they really have to waste time on this?

"The upshot is that Agares was a jumped up swamprat and was put firmly in his place. You don't get to be King of Dragons by being weak or merciful. He pushed his luck and suffered for it."

Zach turned around when he heard other voice speaking. First it was Amacules and then Bryagh with his silver haired rider. He was quite a bit shocked to see the black dragon speak. He was considering making a little joke now but he turned his head back to Elena and Draken.

“Not all of us know what is going on. So he got his butt whooped big deal, frantically I think he deserved it. But I want to know why.” Zach spoke loud enough ignoring his dragon’s growls. “You haven’t been completely honest with why we are training to begin with. My dragon refuses to tell me certain things because he wants me to hear it from you two. Now why don’t you explain?” Zach’s last words had a hint of fear as he more or less ordered them an answer. He knew he was pushing a bit but he wanted to know.

Agares glared at Bryagh as he made that comment. Angry that the runt would take advantage of the situation and talk in such a manner, however even at his current condition he would struggle to best Bryagh in a fight.

Forcing himself up onto his feet, he began to limp towards the exit, before stopping. "The king bested me in a duel... that is all" he spoke, Agares may have been arrogant and prideful.. but he was not a sore loser.

He began to walk out the training area again, his body lacking the physical energy, he doubted he could even fly at this point.

Amacules and nepula now felt a bit uncomfortable. There was a reason in all this training, a very nasty reason, and the king, along with themselves, had to keep them in. Out of the corner of Nepula's eyes, she said agares walking away through the exit, and quickly she knew what would happen if he left. She leapt up, and flew to the exit. Her body looks as if she was water skiing across the arena, her belly only slightly off the ground. She came to the exit, and blocked it.

"you ain't going anywhere" she said, with calmness and no growl whatsoever

"Move..." muttered Agares. As he was blocked off by Nepula. On any other occassion he would have reacted violently, however he just couldn't be bothered right now... not after that crushing defeat.

Zen hadn't moved, he was struggling to grasp the situation, let alone understand why out of everyone here, his dragon had to be such an censorkip.gif .

“Your questions will be answered eventually. The time is not right.” Elena spoke to Zach who still seemed unpleased. “Draken defeated Agares in a challenge fairly. He was a fool to do something like that from the beginning. Now everyone get on your dragons and take to the sky.” Elena spoke as she made her way down from the pedestal.

“Nepula let him go.” Draken spoke. “Let him lick his wounds. In the matter to let young rider Zen he will be flying with me. He needs to learn with or without Agares.”

Branwyn had arrived back in her room and was sifting through her closet until she found what she was looking for. A cloak, it was a rich green and had a hood, albeit it seemed a little outdated for fashion but that wasn't going to be it's purpose.

Branwyn set the cloak aside and plucked a piece of charcoal from the desk. She began drawing a spell circle on the room floor. Once finished she stood over the circle thinking for a moment before adding two smaller spell circles on opposite ends and inside edge of the main one. She grabbed the cloak and sat with it in the middle of the circle, Branwyn began to shut out the world one bit at a time. First the sights, then smells followed by sounds until it was just her the cloak and the spell circle.

Nepula growled when agares asked her to move. She heard the order of the king, and relectantly, Nepula lowered her wings, and stepped aside. Amacules motioned to her from afar, and she got the cue. She flew, almost skidding along the ground like before, as Amacules ran beside her and grabbed one of her feathers. With a leap she pulled herself on Nepula. The dragon quickly veered up, to fly at a higher altitude.

"I stil don't understand why I have I let him go" Nepula muttered.

"just go with it" Amacules said.

That's the signal Orion and Alsia were dying to hear, clearly shown by the smile the appeared on his face. He climbed onto Alsia's back and she took off into the sky with a great blue blur. They flew up into the heart of the storm, blazing past as lighting bolts struck around them, they got closer until one struck Orion's hands as he raised them to protect his face. Instead of harming him he now held a pulsating orb of electricity in his hands. "Alsia...I...am holding electricity right now, literally." She craned her neck around to see him, he wasn't lying and he stared into the lightning ball with wonder. "Looks like we just found our second ability." She smiled, "Sweeet!" Orion yelled as he cast the bolt back into the sky. On they rode through the storm Orion practicing different tricks. "Alsia, I have an idea but you need to trust me on this." "Certainly". "Good, just catch me if I mess up". The Orion leaped from Alsia's back and dove to the ground and began transforming. "Wait!" She shouted as he jumped. The ground grew closer at a startling pace for Orion and he transformed as fast as he could, wings grew, his eyes grew fierce and soon he held the form of a mighty thunder dragon. He pulled up intantly, barely skimming the ground with his paws. Orion flew rather awkwardly up to Alsia before getting the hang of things. Alsia's eyes were wide, "Impressive..." Then she punched him in the should with her paw, "but next time let me know first." He laughed, a big hearty roaring laugh that echoed in the clouds. "I still can't believe you are bigger than me" "I can't either, but being able to fly at all is amazing!" Alsia nodded in agreement. They both kept practicing for quite some time, changing forms, flying maneuvers, riding bareback of course, and trying out their new power. They were waiting for someone to join the fun or a new training assignment to be given.

Zach wanted to continue with the talk but it was clear that he wasn’t going to get the answers he wanted. Walking back to Armador he could feel the dragon’s frustration and annoyance with him but he didn’t let it bother him. Climbing on Armador took to the sky but only circled the training area waiting on instructions from the king and Elena. He was in no mood to dilly dally like his fellow classmate.

~~

As Elena stepped into the center of the training area, she took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes before she started casting her magic. A tall pillar of earth rose towards the sky, high enough just below the raging storm clouds. Exhaling one last time she opened her eyes to see the students flying around. She waited patiently till Draken was in the air as well, seeing that Zen will be flying with him they both decided it is an experience he will have to learn on his own. The help of Elena wouldn’t be much of a lesson then.

“As you fly with your dragon, feel his or her muscles moving under you. Feel his breathing. Learn to move with them.” Elena called out using the wind to carry out her words.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Zen stood in the center of the raised earth, watching everyone else go about with their training. He was a bit hesitant to move from his spot, considering how strong the wind was, and how high they were off the ground.

Agares stared on from the ground, as he rested against some rocks. He'd have left long ago, had he the energy to do so. As of now all he could do was walk to a comfortable spot and recuperate the spent energy.

Zen then turned his attention to Elena and Draken, elena had moments ago mentioned something about him flying with her and Draken. Gulping he slowly approached them, making sure not to let the strong winds get the better of him as he walked across the earth.

He finally made his way to them, he was only a few meters away from the large dragon, his size easily dwarfing Zen.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Drow Zen is suppose to get on Draken... He is going to take him on a flying lesson))

Draken waited patiently for Zen but due to the fear the boy had the dragon king became slightly frustrated. He just looked at his rider and she rolled her eyes. He will have to get use to this quick because the sight of a demon is even worse. Sighing Draken curled his tail around the boy, lifting him up and placing him in the spot where Elena always sat on his back.

“Hold on.” Draken spoke, leaping into the air.

((Thanks Drow))

nepula's plush feathers cushioned amacules, as they flew together in the skies, stormy skies.

"shall we fly like we did back in time?" nepula asked, expecting the answer she knows her rider will reply.

"yes we shall," she said. amacules shut her eyes slowly, and let her sense take over. a lightning bolt struck, and amacules' eyes snapped open as dragon and rider became one, dodging any lightning that tried to strike at them, but they still kept an eye on the students, incase any need help, but they all seem to be fine.

"Lets have a little fun shall we?"asked Jaken. As they flew through the air they used their wind power to boost their speed.

Ha ha! This is really living! Cried Durendila. Jaken closed his eyes and stood on Durendila knowing that she would not let him fall. And then he did something that no one had expected. He jumped.

((Ahhh...I had forgotten about this.))

Zen almost fell off as Draken suddenly went skyward, his hands gripping tightly to his scales. The wind was brushing past his face, making it hard for him to keep his eyes open and a nauseating feeling was beginning to appear in his stomach.

Branwyn sat alone in her room with the cloak in hand in the middle of the circle. She focused on collecting the magic energy needed from her master's flow. The magic collected in the first of the two small reticules she had drawn and it represented the nature of her spell. As it filled with magic the reticule began turning pitch black noticiable only because the rest of the room was candlelit. The energies were focused on total and concentrated concealment. Once filled the outer rim of the reticule glowed a pale blue locking the collected energies into place.

Branwyn didn't take a break instead she moved onto the next reticule. The enrgies were grey indicating their genaric nature. These were meant to make the spell's other effect perminent so that it wouldn't fade or vanish without some form of direct influence.