DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

Jade came over to scan the massive pile of weapons and armor. "I am not an armor person," she muttered to herself as Emeral came over. Emeral frowned, "This reminds me of when I used to live here," Emeral then looked at Jade, "Choose whatever draws you. Only you can decide what you will need." Jade looked back at the piles then said to Emeral, "I'll wait until everyone else pick theirs. I don't think they need me in the way." Jade leaned against Emeral leg as she felt competely out of place as she looked at everyone around her.

Dalen heard some sort of commotion, and Elena seemed to be calling the newest riders to gather. Being one of those new riders, he ventured forth to see what was going on. Hisame was by his side, urging him to go forward and not turn back to go sulk again. Dalen knew the dragon was only trying to be helpful, but he couldn't help but feel a little irritated.

He still walked forward though, out to where Elena was with the other riders. There was a pile of armor and weapons before them, which seemed to be for the new riders. He stood there silently on the sides, watching the other riders inspect the weapons and armor.

Elena was attending to Draken, scratching his chin as he lowered his head. He noticed out of his corner of his eye a rider and dragon standing on the side. He slightly nudged Elena informing her about the two of them.

“Well now, aren’t you two going to pick something and have you completed the bond yet?” Elena spoke as the turned towards the two.

((omg, it's like 1am for me. orz timezones))

Dalen looked to Elena when he noticed she was talking to him.

"I suppose so," he said, looking up to Hisame. He guessed the unknown feeling that grew after he met Hisame was this bond she was talking about. He never really bothered to listen to anyone's explanations after arriving on the island. "We can choose anything?"

He walked closer to the weapons, avoiding contact with any of the others around as he looked over his choices. A sword caught his eye and he lifted it up, removing the sheath to inspect the blade. Hisame seemed to think that the sword would be a good choice as well, judging by the way he was also intrigued by it, hovering Dalen to see it.

“Yes anything that is to your liking." Elena smiled as she spoke. "To finish the bond between you two, Hisame should breathe fire on you. This will allow you to use his magic.” Elena stated as she watched them looking for a weapon. Elena then looked up at Draken who seemed to pay attention to something else. She could hear him sigh inwardly to himself and Elena only knew that something or someone must be causing trouble again.

The museum was full of relics of ages past. There was armour of fallen warriors, tapestries depicting battles, momentoes and recovered belongings of famous riders and dragons. Bryagh ignored all of these and wound his way towards one of the more popular exhibits, the dragon slayers.

There were several students of the island's history in here, sketching or reading the display information. They all turned to look when Bryagh entered. There wasn't really a lot of room in this part of the building, so even a small dragon like Bryagh was hard to ignore.

Bryagh walked straight over to the central and most famous display. Apart from a small card explaining the history, the glass case's only occupant was a single bow. Bryagh reached over and smashed the glass with his foreleg before reaching up to his shoulders to lower Narcissa down.

"Hey!"

One of the museum visitors hurried towards the black dragon, enraged at his actions. He didn't get close though, as Bryagh swept him aside with his tail. At that point the room's other occupants decided to beat a hasty retreat and quickly left.

Bryagh turned his attention to Narcissa who was standing still and watching him. He gestured towards the bow, but kept his eyes on hers.

"This bow belonged to one of the greatest warriors in history" he explained. "He fought many dragons and killed over thirty of our kind. As his descendant the bow is rightfully yours. Take it."

Narcissa turned to face the bow and stepped over the broken glass. Reaching out she grabbed it by the centre of the limbs and picked it up. With it in her grasp she climbed back onto Bryagh's shoulders and held tight while he made his way out of the museum.

Dalen nodded, sheathed the sword, and did his best to strap it around his waist to carry it with him. It was a temporary position, but would work for now. Hisame and he met each others' eyes, silently communicating about the whole breathing fire onto Dalen thing. He guessed if Elena said it was what they needed to do, then that they should do it. Dalen nodded to Hisame, and the dragon then inhaled before breathing out flames onto the new rider. The flames were warm, but did not burn, and Dalen could definitely feel a change. He assumed this was the magic she made mention of. Now he would just need to learn how to use this magic. Dalen and Hisame then looked to Elena on what was the next step after choosing the weapon and finishing their bond.

Zach quickly scurried to the pile of weapons the minute Elena said they should choose. He picked up and touched every single one of them; like an excited child on Christmas morning after opening tons of presents.

He stopped for a few seconds only to be a bit down due to he didn’t really found something he liked. Armador stood behind him looking down at his rider.

“What is wrong? Isn’t there anything you like?” Armador asked curiously.

“I don’t know there is just so many but nothing shouted “take me” for me.” Zach spoke still looking a bit down. He could hear Armador laughing his dragon like laugh which annoyed him since he was in such a problem. “Don’t laugh at me.”

“Haha, don’t be so sour. I have your weapon.” The large blue dragon spoke as he placed a long colourful spear in front of his rider. Zach was surprised by the gift yet he smiled pleased due to the fact he felt some sort of bond with it.

“Its amazing! How did you know?” He spoke as he admired the craftsmanship on the weapon.

“We’re one in the same young one. I would have been a bad dragon if I didn’t know what would fit my rider.” Armador spoke glad to see his rider happy.

~~

Elena watched please at everyone gathering their weapons and armour. The sun was starting to set on the island and tomorrow will be an exciting day. They should get some rest and hopefully they will all be ready to start their training.

“Well if everyone is sorted then you all can go and rest. There are separate huts over there, big enough for each rider and dragon. Of course you can choose somewhere else to stay it’s not an obligation but there will be food and clothing for everyone. Now go and rest tomorrow will be slightly intense.” Elena spoke smiling deviously as she leaned against Draken’s forelegs. She then turned her attention to Armacules and Nepula.

“Will you two first see to Zen that he gets a place to stay tonight since Agares disappeared on him? After that can you two come see me in my quarters please?”

"got it" Amacules said, happy to get a job to do from the king, even if it is not as exciting. She walked up to the abandoned rider. Nepula slowly trudged behind her rider, knowing how zen is quite shocked about seeing dragon's around him, and he still might be now. "will you be able to find a place tonight?" Amacules asked.

After all this, I wonder what the king wants with me

Jade noticed a small sword closes to her. She quickly grabbed noticeing that it had two in its sheath instead of just one. She quickly belted it, as she looked at the other weapons and armour nothing else screamed at her to take, so she turned to Emeral. "Alright, lets go. I'm tired."

Emeral nodded, she looked at the short sword that was belted on her waist, "Is that a húdié shuāng dāo?" Jade paused looking at the sword, "What exactly is that?"

Emeral slightly chuckled, "Basically a butterfly sword. Its more Asian than some of these weapons here. Such a unique design." Jade looked down at the sword. The sheath itself was just a plain black leather with a little bit of dust. The hilt was also covered in black leather with a white colored symbol on it. Jade unsheathed the two swords, pulling them apart as she noticed the edge of the swords was covered in a white colored design that reminded her of snow. "I guess it is," Jade muttered as she reseathed her swords.

"Let us go then," Emeral said already walking ahead. Jade ran up to follow her to the huts.

Orion and Alsia had been picking through equipment for a time now and were almost done now. Orion held a beautiful sword in one hand and a magnificent bow with a quiver filled with arrows, then he donned a beautiful set of blue light armor, it felt like it could take a dragons claw across it yet it was so light he could dance in it. After what felt like forever and most riders and dragons were departing Alsia had finally found something to her liking. She pulled out a suit of light armor that looked similar to Orion's armor but it looked more elegant and even lighter, the elegance of a dress with the protection of fine armor. Then she withdrew a surprising light sword, but not too light, it felt like it was meant for her hand, even if she wasn't used to it, in the other hand she with drew a beautiful combat axe that felt perfectly balanced. It wasn't long before both of them located the proper equipment to go along, wonderfully crafted scabbards and weapon holders they could wear. Both of them also drew a knife, a deep blue handle with a silver colored blade, good for silent use and open combat. Just as they were about to leave a bag of throwing knives caught his eyes, there were many of them, small but sharp and powerful. Probably about 40-50 knives, enough for Alsia and Orion to carry some and have some spares. They set up all their equipment as if they were going into battle, despite the amount of equipment they picked out it all fit perfectly and still didn't look messy or cluttered, it looked like it was meant to be. Finally Orion and Alsia both thanked Elena and of course the creators of such fine equipment for allowing them to have what they took. The two walked until they found a suitable hut, it was fairly nice, it has just enough room for a pair of dragons to stretch out their legs and had a large nest as well as a bed. Alsia set all her equipment at the back of the hut, as did Orion. As Orion set his sword down Alsia was looking at and feeling her hands, "human hands are so sensitive...and soft." she said as she gently held Orion's hand, looking at the fingers, she was so used to scales and talons. She looked at herself, it was almost overwhelming, she was amazingly beautiful as a human but to her own self at the moment it was like she was a stranger. "Alsia, I know I only met you not long ago but it feels like I've known you forever..." Orion told her, "I know..." and she hugged him, "things will make more sense tomorrow." Then Orion had a funny idea about sleeping arrangements. "Alsia, what if I sleep in the nest and you in the bed?" "I'd like to try that." and she crawled into the bed. Then Orion turned into his ice dragon form, he tried to sleep in the nest but kept circling trying to get comfortable. Alsia began laughing "I think I've seen some dogs do that, just sit down first and then get adjusted." Orion looked slightly embarassed, he did look odd doing that, so he sat down and finally got comfortable. "Let's get some rest, I doubt tomorrow will be boring."

Orion's Bow

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/uploa..._nko597AG_b.jpg (Orion's armor, imagine smaller plates and none of the fur)

https://img.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/75014.jpg (not that kind of arrow though)

Orion's Sword http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/f...rd1122-610b.jpg (imagine it a beautiful blue though)

Alsia's Sword

http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/phy...imary%5D=images

Alsia's Axe (except less alien and more epic looking)

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/35028298/aview/alienaxe.jpg

Throwing Knives

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out...=l&tid=10931281

Combat Knives

(just assume they look cool)

(sorry, just wanted to put it all out, and for a super long post.(and messy))

"got it" Amacules said, happy to get a job to do from the king, even if it is not as exciting. She walked up to the abandoned rider. Nepula slowly trudged behind her rider, knowing how zen is quite shocked about seeing dragon's around him, and he still might be now. "will you be able to find a place tonight?" Amacules asked.

After all this, I wonder what the king wants with me

Zen was in the process of swinging the sword around, getting a feel for how it felt when he moved. The sword itself began to feel like an extension of his arm as he slowly practiced with it.

He stopped as he heard someone addressing him, turning he saw the girl whom had healed him earlier approach. "A.. place..?" he questioned. He had yet to consider where he was going to stay tonight... his mind had been busy taking in everything else. "Umm.. is there like an... an Inn here?" he asked. He may not have any money on him.. but surely he could work off any required payment.

"if an inn is where you want to stay for the night be my guest," amacules said, "there is one a bit farther away from the huts that the king mentioned." she pointed to where elena said where the huts were, but a little more to the east. "its a bit of a long walk," amacules explained.

Elena looked at Draken who still seemed to be drawn to some problem but neither of them actually knew what kind of problem. It wasn’t long before someone from the museum came running towards the pair.

“Tha-that blasted… black dra-dragon stole one of the sla-slayers bows from the mu-museum.” A woman spoke out of breath to both the Elena and Draken. They only looked at each other and sigh for they knew took it, Draken should have know he would do something like that.

“Let him have it. It is after all his rider’s property.” Draken spoke looking away from the woman. She was shocked to hear what he has to say. She couldn’t believe that Bryagh has a rider and worst of all a descendent from a slayer.

“Sire, are you…”

“That is enough.” Elena spoke with a stern voice causing the woman to stop in mid sentence. “Draken is right. Put the replica on the stand and let this go. If you peruse this or cause further trouble you will have to face me.” Elena’s words were harsh but sometimes it was the only way these people listened. The woman slightly bowed slightly terrified by Elena’s threat and returned to the museum.

Elena turned to Draken once again, shaking her head she climbed on and took her seat in the saddle. When Draken saw that Elena was secure opened his wings and flew off. They circled the area a few times, looking at the new riders, satisfied they left and went back to the top of the mountain.

((That's a lot of wepaons Orion O.o You sure your character can move with all that? xd.png))

Bryagh returned to the Moutains of Bach for the night. He had no desire to sleep in the training huts and listen to the squabbles of other dragons and their riders. Humans talked far too much for his liking anyway. He was pleased that Narcissa was one of the rare queit ones.

He carried his rider to the safety of one of the smaller caverns and then set about finding some food. Several hatchlings had been buried just the other day. They would do nicely.

Agares opened one eye as he heard the distant sound of dragon wings flapping through the air. Under normal circumstances it would have been hard to distinguish any unique traits of the dragon, due to the darkening sky and the black hue of the dragons scales, however that was not the case today. Thanks to a white blemish on the black silhouette of the dragon, Agares could tell who it was... that and the size of the dragon was sort of a giveaway. Earlier in the day he had noticed the hair color of Bryagh's pet; white.

He watched as they landed outside a cavern, far too small for his bulkish size, yet large enough for Bryagh. Agares took to the skies, heading in the direction of where the cavern was, landing just outside the entrance. He snaked his head into the entrance, scanning the darkness for a glimpse of white.

"Something smells delicious... I'm sure Bryagh wouldn't mind sharing his plaything..." he growled devilishly.

Suddenly out of the darkness the remains of a dead hatchling hit Agares full in the face.

"Go play with your own toy" came Bryagh's voice from the cave. "Unless you have broken it already. Then you have no one to blame but yourself."

In the depths of the cave Bryagh was lying with his tail curled around Narcissa. She could not see anything in the darkness, but Agares' silhouette could be seen in the cave mouth. She held no fear of him. It was hard to be scared when Bryagh was at her side.

"if an inn is where you want to stay for the night be my guest," amacules said, "there is one a bit farther away from the huts that the king mentioned." she pointed to where elena said where the huts were, but a little more to the east. "its a bit of a long walk," amacules explained.

"Huts?" questioned Zen. He had been too preoccupied with the gauntlet and sword he had taken from the pile that he hadn't heard what the king and his rider had said only a few moments ago.

Turning his head towards the direction Amacules was pointing at. "Are they free?" he inquired.

"Just a bite, Bryagh... there's no need to be selfish.... " replied Agares, shaking his head to get rid of the dead hatchling. Despite his attitude, the thought of eating his own kind was repulsive, he'd never partake in cannibalism... even if the other dragon were already dead.

Agares released a small jet of flame, enough to illuminate the cavern temporarily. His eyes fixed on what Bryagh was hiding with his tail.

Bryagh flicked another dead hatchling into Agares' face, not even the slightest bit concerned by the larger dragon's presence. This one was sticky with rot and left messy trails on Agares head.

"Go away Agares. I'm not in the mood to play with you."

(I know it seems like a bit of equipment but it's also for Orion and Alsia, both of which can changed between human and dragon.)

Orion was falling asleep when he heard a solid thunk from Alsia's bed. He looked up and saw her practicing with her new axe, she swung it well but it was like watching a child swing a stick. She swung until she got it stuck in her bed post. Orion stood up and changed into human form and approached her while she tried to rip the axe out. "Alsia, let me help you" Orion held his hands in front of hers on the axe and gently wiggled it out until it popped loose. "You should really sleep, there will no doubt be practice tomorrow and I'll help you with that axe." he said as he gently relieved her grip of it and held it up. "Just a little longer..." She said as she reached to take it back. She put herself off balance and accidentally pushed him over and she followed. The axe slipped out of his hand and onto the bed gently while they fell to the floor, Alsia accidentally pinning him. Orion chuckled, "Mind if I get up now?" She laughed at his position, "Nope, you are my prisoner" as pinned him. Soon she got up and let him go. "I'm going to sleep, don't stay up long." Alsia nodded and swung the axe a little while longer, each swing a slight improvement. Orion changed back into a dragon and slept in the nest, watching her practice silently until she tired out and went to sleep herself.

"yes". This time, it was Nepula that answered, "the king prepared them for all the new riders, and dragons" from her great height she looked down at zen. When agares was with him, she couldn't take a good look at his rider, and now was her chance.

"you know, sometimes you Just need to stop what your doing and listen to life sometimes," Amacules advised.

"I.. i guess your right..." replied Zen, "It's just... with everything that has happened today... it's kind of hard to just stop and listen...you know what I mean.." Zen struggled to look at Nepula directly... he couldn't help but feel like a deer caught in the headlight when face to face with a dragon.

"Would... would it be ok if I stayed at my hut.. without my dragon.." he inquired, his hand instinctively grasping the side of his chest. Prior to being healed, a large bruise was visible in the area he was grasping.

Using one of his forelegs, he wiped away the entrails of the hatchling carcass which Bryagh had thrown.

"Play?... who said anything about playing... I'm just asking for a little bite of that tasty morsel over there.." replied Agares, his eyes fixed on the human. "Surely a runt like you won't be able to eat the whole thing by yourself.."

amacules nodded.

"of course," she said, "be free to do what you want." when the rider looked at him more deeply, she could clearly see that he was uncomfortable, and avoiding eye contact with her dragon. amacules nudged nepula's foot, snapping the dragon's attention to her rider. "dont make him anymore uncomfortable," amacules whispered, a normal human cant here it, but the acute hearing of a dragon can.

"there is one more thing," nepula said, and drew her head, bigger than zen, closer to him. during her examination she noticed the bruise that was left on his chest. "do you remember where you got that?"

Zach was still admiring his spear, stroking it like he would do a cat. It took him a while to realize that Elena spoke informing that today was over for now and they needed rest for tomorrow’s events. He didn’t really like the smile she gave it made him feel slightly uneasy.

“Come Zach. Home is waiting for us and we must get rest.” Armador spoke as he watched over his rider. Zach only nodded and quickly climbed on where Armador took to the sky towards their home. It was a short flight and both landed back on the balcony. Zach slid off, still with spear in hand and started to walk into the house followed by his dragon.

“So what you think of them?” Armador spoke as he started to sort out his nest.

“Who?” Zach asked looking up from his weapon to his dragon.

“The king and his rider genius.”

“Oh right.” Smiled Zach scratching his head. “The king up close seems really powerful. He was clearly not raised as the same way as you or any other dragon I have met.”

“True.” Armador spoke finally laying down in his now newly scratched nest. “What about Elena?”

“She…” Zach spoke thinking for a bit. “She’s a mystery. She didn’t show to much of herself… I mean like… I don’t know it’s complicated. She’s just different.” Zach spoke placing his spear next to his bed. He wasn’t really sure how to sum her up.

“She is different indeed but with everything that happened to her since she became a rider I completely understand. You might not have been here to see what she achieved and lost but I tell you now I wouldn’t want to get on her bad side.”

Zach looked puzzled at Armador, he was actually slightly curious on what really happened. The museum was not much of help either, there was nothing there about the war or what happened during that time. Armador had insured him that one day he will find out but for now he had wait and train.

“Ok.” Zach finally spoke. He lay in his bed and looked at the ceiling thinking of what tomorrow will hold. It wasn’t long when both of them fell asleep.

~~

Draken landed on the ledge of his layers entrance looking inside if it was safe. When he was satisfied he allowed Elena to slide off. The young rider walked into the room followed by the flow of curtains behind her. Halfway through the room Elena started to take off her armor piece by piece, laying them on a table close by. Soon she was only in her dress which hanged loosely over her body.

“Come let’s take of the saddle?” she spoke turning to Draken as she untied her hair.

Using one of his forelegs, he wiped away the entrails of the hatchling carcass which Bryagh had thrown.

"Play?... who said anything about playing... I'm just asking for a little bite of that tasty morsel over there.." replied Agares, his eyes fixed on the human. "Surely a runt like you won't be able to eat the whole thing by yourself.."

Bryagh snorted. Agares truely was an idiot. Bryagh might be smaller, but he was smarter. He turned his head and began to blow black flames at the underside of the cave mouth. You didn't get a lot of vegetation on the moutain, but mushrooms grew quite well in the damo darkness of the caves. The cursed fire caught and spread across those littering the cave mouth. The mushrooms rotted and withered away, right down to the root. This caused the structure of the cave mouth to weaken and after a moment's hesitation, it collasped, cutting off the tunnel.

With the cave mouth blocked and Agares safely trapped on the other side Bryagh rose to his feet and began to tread deeper into the moutain's network of caves. Narcissa walked alongside him, her hand on his scales for guidance in the dark.