DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

"you've come a long way, have you not?" Amacules asked. "ther are buildings nearby, the king ordered me to lead those who are new to them, so they can rest."

Nepula sighed. "you know I have to agree now Amacules, this is starting o get to me" she admitted and lied down next to her rider

"thank you, very much, but im still a little confused. what buildings? im sorry if im causing trouble, but ive never been to this island since i was a hatchling! im a little, un-updated, so if you dont mind...?" althaea questioned. ishmael was proud of her fraidy-cat dragon, for speaking up on her behalf. 'dont forget, i can read you thoughts, little ish. and you are a fraidy-cat too' althaea teased.

“Nepula. Amacules. Can I suggest something?” Zach spoke as he noticed some of the new comers getting frustrated with waiting. “Why don’t you take them to the buildings? I’ll wait here if more would come and point them to your direction. That way no one would get lost and everyone can clean themselves up.”

Zach leaned against Armador’s forelegs as he spoke to all of them. The dragon himself sat in silence waiting patiently, a trait that his rider doesn’t have.

Amacules thought about the suggestion.

"I guess," Amacules said. she motioned to Nepula for a bit of a lift onto her head, not standing of course. she cupped her hands around her mouth "Every new rider!" she started, "follow me to the buildings that the king would like you guys to rest in and clean up! Now follow us!" Nepula roared and turned to the direction of the buildings. before taking a step she motioned with a sway of her tail.

Emeral followed Nepula and Amacules with Jade on her back to the buildings that Nepula first pointed out to her. Emeral felt the gentle wind blow a quick welcome to the new riders. Emeral smiled remembering her days here as a young dragon before you left to follow the ever shifting winds. Jade looked at the other new riders feeling not so nervours figuring that they was probably as nervous as she.

It was a couple of hours later that Treallor landed with Cira in his claws. He was careful to land on his back paws, so that he wouldn't, well, squish her. He rumbled a soft greeting to the boy and his dragon a little distance away before carefully laying her on the ground. It was quite clear she was still unconscious, head turned to the side and body limp. He looked at the pair again before a sudden, high-pitched scream came from below him. "AHHHHH! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING? AHHHH!" Already she was getting up from her vulnerable position, looking completely and utterly terrified as she turned tail and sprinted away. With a flick of his tail to replace for a rolling of his eyes, Treallor began to lope after her small form.

Zach and Armador both gave a little smile at the blue dragon that just landed close by. When Zach noticed the limp body that was placed on the ground by the dragon he quickly made his way towards them. He was just about to ask if everything was alright when a shriek caused him to grab his ears. The girl woke up in an instant yelling before she darted off followed by her dragon.

“Armador stop her.” Zach called while he wiggled his ears from the shriek earlier. The blue dragon only nodded and using his abilities of speed was within a second in front of the girl.

Cira was still shrieking her head off for help when one of the bloody animals landed right in front of her. Sliding to a stop literally, she fell backwards onto her bottom. Her eyes were rather wide as she tried to drag herself away slowly, one hand up to show she wasn't a threat as she dragged her phone out of her pocket. The teenager punched her mother's number into it and brought the phone up to her ear. Her face was white and she was feeling rather faint again. Must be hallucinations. Maybe it had been that apple from earlier. "Nice dragon scaly big thing..." Her voice trembled quite a bit. Treallor, meanwhile, was still loping toward them at a walk now that his rider had been stopped. Really, why had he been saddled (soon to be literally) with a silly one? Him, of all dragons! He huffed to himself.

“Your rider is a bit of a loud one Treallor.” Armador spoke looking down at the girl. “And the name is Armador.” He spoke not approving the fact that she called him a thing. Zach was surprise that he knew the dragon but then again with his travels he had met many of his own kind.

“You can forget about calling any one. Here’s no signal on dragon island.” He spoke jogging towards them. As came closer he stood next to the girl extending his hand to help her up. “Not even my satellite phone works here. The fog surrounding the island prevents it.”

"And a wimp too," Treallor grumbled to the other dragon out of earshot of the girl. "Dunno how she's going to cope with fighting and roughing it out. Ugh..." Cira's jaw dropped open as the thing spoke. Wait, Armador. It was even telling her it had a name, cheek of it all. Then the man came over, offering her a hand and telling her the phone wouldn't work. Eye twitching quite a bit, she looked down at it dolefully before putting it back in her pocket. "Island?" Accepting the hand, she pulled herself up. And, as she had predicted, she stumbled over from being weak-kneed after all the excitement. Suddenly something nudged her up, and she screeched from surprise, whirling around to bat at whatever it was. She found her hands hitting the snout of the blue dragon who had brought he there, who know had a slightly murderous going in his eye. Puffing a ring of smoke, he sat back on his haunches and surveyed his rider. "Where the Hell are we?" she demanded from the man, turning back to him without apologising.

Edited by Chicogal

Even within the depths of the cave in the Mountains of Bach the screaming could be heard as a dragon carried their wailing rider towards the training area. Bryagh opened one red eye and grunted with displeasure into the darkness. Obviously someone had gotten off to a bad start.

He shifted his head slightly and looked down at Narcissa. She had curled up against his foreleg and fallen asleep, her long silver hair draped across his scales like fine silk. He had no desire to disturb her, but the screaming penetrated her unconcious mind as well and Narcissa began to stir.

Before Narcissa had fully awoken Brygah picked her up and began to awkwardly make his way out of the cave. At the mouth he stopped and waited for his eyes to adjust to the light. It seemed whoever had been making the racket from before had stopped, but with all of these disturbances sleep was probably futile.

Resigning himself to the fact that he would have to start waking up properly Bryagh lifted Narcissa up so that she could climb onto his back and once she was in place took to the skies.

After a few minutes of circling Bryagh located a secluded spot by the lake at the mountain's base and landed. He dropped Narcissa lightly into the shallows and then waded further in to clean himself.

Ishmael followed the older dragon and rider (older as in more experienced) to where ever they were going. 'why are we here? really?' ishmael asked althaea. the dragon sighed. 'i dont know yet, little one, but the king summond us, so i-we had to follow.' 'why "we"?' ishmael asked. 'your a bit on the curious side today arent you?' the dragon teased. ishmael blushed as red as a tomato. she swivled around, hoping no one saw her when she heard a piercing shriek. ishmael fell off of althaea's back, scrunched in an armadillo position. althaea heard a thump and felt the weight on hr back lift as she too, heard the shriek. althaea panicked and turned around to see her rider. "help!" she called out. "my rider fell!" she called desperatly. "its okay, im okay..." ismael said weakly. "no!" althaea said indignantly. she probed her rider's mind to find the pain, and discovered ishmael had broken her arm and foot. "eeek!!!" althaea squealed and she discovered her rider's pain, causing a wave of nausia to wash over her. "help!!" she yelled again.

Bryagh stopped washing himself when he heard a different human voice cry out in shock and pain. He snorted in disgust and turned to see what Narcissa was doing. She was just standing where he had left her, watching the fish swim around her feet. The water only came up to her knees but the remains of her nightdress were soaked. Unless he wanted her to catch a chill, he would have to find her fresh clothing.

Ignoring the calles for help in the distance Bryagh turned back to getting himself clean.

At the sound of pained screams, Treallor huffed softly. "You two take care of my ride while I go check that out," he said to the rider and dragon before leaping into the sky. Another friendly human would help more than him making grumpy comments anyway. His wings beat powerfully to reach a good altitude, and when there, he soared. He glided along air currents, light blue eyes scouring the earth until he came upon a slightly distressing sight. A girl on the floor, seemingly in pain, her dragon with her. He suddenly swooped down, to land heavily beside the small figure. Head tilted in question, he stepped toward her. "She fell?" he asked, perfectly calm. That was one of his better traits - he tended to keep his head in bad situations.

Zach was about to open his mout to talk when he heard the cries of someone else. Treallor offered to inspect and left towards the screams, zach gave a weak smile hoping it wouldn't scare the girl off.

"Well..." He spoke scratching his head.

"What he is trying to say is that your are on a island for dragons. You are now the rider of Treallor, the one that just flew off." Armador spoke interfering Zach's talk.

"Yeah what he said." Zach spoke glaring at his dragon.

Cira looked at the boy sceptically. He must be ventriloquist of some kind. It was one thing that dragons were real, but they could talk? She still couldn't believe it. "Rider?" she asked in a whisper, watching the dragon warily. What the Hell. So she was stuck on an island for dragons just because. Stomping her foot, she suddenly glared at them. "You had better get me back or wake me up or whatever right now," she demanded, a tremble in her voice. "Or else I'll... I'll hit you!" she threatened. It was an empty threat, really. She probably would try to slap him, but then find herself not even hurting him.

Amacules heard a painful cry and jumped off of Nepula. Running To where Ishmael was on the ground, and heard the last words the dragon said. When she examined it I was true.

"I guess it's a good idea to hang on at all times when your on a dragon," Amacules said , still examining her body.

“I don’t think you will succeed very far if you do try and hit me.” Zach spoke smiling as looking up at his dragon. Armador in turn narrowed his eyes as the girl made a weak threat, but to him a threat was a threat.

“Anyway I was brought here by Armador myself not completely knowing what would happen. Apparently we are going to train to become proper riders by the king and his rider. That is basically what I was told by him.” He pointed to Armador. “It was only now that they king summoned us which kind of mean our training will start today or something like that.”

~~

Elena turned around wrapping her arms around Draken’s snout. It was only then that she realized that life without her dragon might cause total madness and maybe suicide to her. She had never really had a bond like this with anyone and she wasn’t going to lose it either, it was too precious for her.

Releasing Draken the young woman turned around only to notice that the light specks started forming images in front of her. She saw images of Nepula and Amacules who seemed to be attending someone who got injured.

“Thankfully those two have healing powers.” Elena spoke looking at the images. The images still continued to form when within a few seconds it burst into several smaller specks, floating randomly once again.

“There is no sign of the dark rider young one.” Draken spoke looking up at the cave’s ceiling. None of the specks seemed to be forming what might look like the traitor. This was the only way for them to sense if any danger was close to the island but it wasn’t really the most accurate.

“Good. We don’t want the new comers to worry much about them yet.” Elena spoke. She bowed slightly thanking the ancients for their assistance before she turned around. She climbed onto Draken and took in her seat watching the cave turning to darkness once again.

Agares circled the sky above, watching the scene below him unfold. Only a few minutes ago had they finally arrived at their destination. He chuckled inwardly to himself as he stared down at the other dragons, his size easily one of the biggest of the group. Zen meanwhile was held firmly in Agares claws, his back facing the ground, meaning he had no idea what was going on below.

Agares quickly descended towards the ground, his body blocking portions of the sun and creating a rather large shadow on the ground below, a key factor in how he attained his title, "The shadow of Chaos". The pair of them landed on the ground, sending a rather large dust cloud to billow out around them. During this time he had effectively maneuvered Zen around, so that he was being held by Zen's tail, the curved end acting as a hook, holding zen up by his clothes.

With the dust cloud beginning to settle, Agares made his way to a large rock, not even acknowledging the other dragons, most of which he considered inferior to him, his arrogance having no boundaries. As he walked, Zen swayed steadily from where he was hanging at the end of his dragon's tail. Unable to speak as he took in the sight of dozens of dragons.

Amacules looked up to see the large shadow and the dragon land with the others. Sometimes i wonder whats up with him Amacules thought and looked over the rider again.

"A simple healing spell should work, Nepula," Amacules said and Nepula came beside her rider. Nepula laid one of her feathers on her tail onto ishmael, as gently as possible. Amacules did the same except with her hand on the riders body.

Frst Nepula glowed a soft red, then Amacules. The energy they sent through ishmael's body was pure and started to heal the injuries.

Elena and Draken made their way out of the cave slowly until they reached the closed entrance. Draken stared at the wall until the world around them started to shake. Soon the slab of rock that covered the entrance disappeared into the earth allowing the rays of the sun to enter the cave. Elena held up her hand blocking the blinding like as Draken stepped out on the ledge.

As her eyes adjusted to the light she slowly started making out parts of the island, but with the clouds covering the top of the mountain made it hard to focus on everything. She turned slightly around in her seat to see where the sun was and by the looks of it, it just passed midday.

“Give the final hour.” She spoke already clasping her hands over her ears. Draken took in his stance, pushed out his chest as he took a deep breath. Elena could feel his body rumbling within and soon another roar echoed over the island; sending a message to all dragons that those with untrained riders have one hour left to get to the training area.

"It's so big..."Jaken Fellanis whispered to his dragon Durendila as they entered the city of Dragoria.I know,Where to begin?She replied in the special language they had created when they were young.

Emeral heard the call where she had sat down after cleaning herself and waiting for her rider to get done. She twitched her tail slightly when Jade came towards her. She looked better than when they first arrived their which made her spark with pride.

"Let us go. King has called," Emeral slightly purred as she stood. Jade nodded feeling slightly anxious again. "Don't worry, child. I will protect you from anything that harms you," Emeral promised as she went lower so she could climb on her neck. Jade smiled at Emeral then climbed up.

Emeral rose, spreading her wings to stretch them out then walked forward. Emeral closed back her wings as she looked at the scene before her. "We seem to miss everything," Emeral said to Jade. Jade just nodded, feeling sorry for the girl because she knew how she felt.

Orion was looking at all the dragons around him when a loud shriek slapped against his ears. "Looks like someone got off to a great start" he said to Alsia. She grinned as she found it a little funny as well. "I bet she just woke up, aren't you glad I brought you here how I did?" She finished looking back at Orion. He laughed and thanked her then he noticed how they were already talking like old friends. "Alsia...how did you know how to find me?" Alsia paused and told him. "I was flying about the area looking for something to eat when I heard the melody, when dragons hear it that means our destined rider is close. I followed the sound and it kept getting stronger and it led me to you." Orion thought about this for a moment then asked "This melody...what did mine sound like?" "It sounded strong yet beautiful somehow, a smooth rhytm and an addictive beat. I have heard such qualities usually indicate a strong, good rider and a leader, before you saw me did you hear anything?" Orion tried to remember. "I did feel like something life changing was about to happen, I don't know how, it was like I could feel it in the air, it made me feel stronger and more confident, like I could do far more than I usually could."

"That is interesting..." Alsia said before starting to scan around for a sign of the king.

Sylvia stared at the man, blinking a couple of times. What. "So this... King dude expects us to come along to this place, leave our lives, la dee day, and peacefully come along to train with him?" she asked incredulously, one eyebrow raised slightly in disbelief. These people must be on something. Or maybe that damned apple had been drugged to make her hallucinate. If this was all real, then this person who was so full of themselves to call themselves a king must have some sort of mental disease or condition. "Huh. Well, I'm definitely not saying. Take me back, now," she ordered, jabbing a finger at his dragon. Treallor was visible soaring toward them, wings stretched out on either side as he approached.