Jemindra

Plushies!

Who was the artist who created the lovely yulebuck.  I've searched and I can't find any reference anywhere.  I must be blind.

Yulebuck was made by Marionetta and Kuraianubus, and I helped just a bit with the lines. XD. You can ask them- whatever they say, I agree with it. But I'm almost sure that they won't mind. ;3

Oh, WOW! Both the Winter and Vampire are AMAZING! ohmy.gif!!

Would it be possible to have a price estimate? I'm really interested. Especially in the Vampire. X3

Would it be possible to have a price estimate? I'm really interested. Especially in the Vampire. X3

Well, I don't really know yet how much to ask for the vamp. That's why I want to auction it off ^^ Starting price will probably be over the total i spend on the fabrics.

Maybe that's a question i should ask in return. How much would you be willing to pay for a big plush?

Edited by Goikuchan

Well, I don't really know yet how much to ask for the vamp. That's why I want to auction it off ^^ Starting price will probably be over the total i spend on the fabrics.

Maybe that's a question i should ask in return. How much would you be willing to pay for a big plush?

Hmm... $20? Dunno really. How much did it cost to make?

Umm, I spend about $60 on the fabrics and pretty much everything went in it ^^'

Well, I would think that at the very least the price should be how much the cost of the materials costed. And then adding on as much as you feel you'd like or want for it. :]

Auctioning off, especially with a bunch of people here who'd kill for it, will probably cause the price to reach well over 100. XP!

I'm still willing to pay, in my mind it's worth it. I love DC, and that dragon is something that really catches my eye. X3!

Well, I would think that at the very least the price should be how much the cost of the materials costed. And then adding on as much as you feel you'd like or want for it. :]

Auctioning off, especially with a bunch of people here who'd kill for it, will probably cause the price to reach well over 100. XP!

I'm still willing to pay, in my mind it's worth it. I love DC, and that dragon is something that really catches my eye. X3!

CRUD! I want one, but I'm not giving over 20 bucks for it.

Umm, I spend about $60 on the fabrics and pretty much everything went in it ^^'

I'd recommend 100 or 110 dollars- you worked hard on it, and the time you spent should add to the price. :3 Large handmade plushies are expensive and deserve to be.

Nerdy conventions would be a great place to sell, though they're usually pretty expensive to go to. XD. Go advertise a bit around Gaia, there's lots of Dragoncave fans there....

@ jumiofdiomonds: I'm glad you like the plush so much <3

I'd recommend 100 or 110 dollars- you worked hard on it, and the time you spent should add to the price. :3 Large handmade plushies are expensive and deserve to be.

Nerdy conventions would be a great place to sell, though they're usually pretty expensive to go to. xd.png. Go advertise a bit around Gaia, there's lots of Dragoncave fans there....

@ Kodomo: Wow, really? I know hand-made plushies dont go cheap but I'm always afraid of charging too much for my stuff ^^' Guess, this'll be for the real DIE-hard fans then xd.png

I'm not a member of gaia but I'll look around ^^ thanks for the suggestions.

@ jumiofdiomonds: I'm glad you like the plush so much <3

@ Kodomo: Wow, really? I know hand-made plushies dont go cheap but I'm always afraid of charging too much for my stuff ^^' Guess, this'll be for the real DIE-hard fans then xd.png

I'm not a member of gaia but I'll look around ^^ thanks for the suggestions.

I'd pay $150.00 or possibly more, and yes I am serious! I love the Vampire Dragon!! biggrin.gif

CRUD! I want one, but I'm not giving over 20 bucks for it.

It's hard to get any decent hand-made plushie for that much... And this is a beautifully made one. I certainly can't afford it, so I will just look at the pictures longingly. wink.gif

Thank you! biggrin.gif

My asking price for the winter plush is 75.00 plus shipping of 8.00. So please feel free to make an offer.

If no one want his here. I'll post him on ebay and post the like here and as well on my art work post.

user posted image

IT'S FINISHED! ;D I'm very happy with the result now that the plushie finally got some wings. Although not my intention I made a laminated tag with all the credits for the artists/designers.

Because I'm no good with cameras I made a little film too to capture the actual right angles. The pictures give the plush a little too much shine so...

I'm still selling it but I'm currently awaiting Kuraianubis' answer for permission as Komodo seemed to have agreed a while ago already smile.gif Despite that you're free to make offers already. I've changed my mind about auctioning it off though. I don't feel like paying Ebay's high fees and making a seperate topic or auctioning it off here won't do...

Instead, I'm planning to just let people offer a certain price. Some members here already sent me some great offers ^^ But I would like to give other people a chance as well. I think that'll be the best solution. So if you have an offer just PM me and i'll let you know weither I've accepted or not. I won't tell anyone how much someone offered. Just higher or lower. Privacy reasons.

Shipping won't be all too expensive for the plush since it's nowhere near 20 pounds. This'll be discussed with the final winner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So if you have an offer just PM me and I'll let you know weither I've accepted your bid or not. So no offers in this topic please! If I see an offer I really like I'll agree with him/her. No actual time limit or anything... See it like the best offer option on ebay ;p

I'll just tell you this... if nobody offers more than $200 it's already sold wink.gif

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Edited by Goikuchan

A female vampire dragon plushy?If I wasn't to old I'd buy a male one!

Goikuchan your finished Vampire Dragon plush is gorgeous!! You did a fantastic job and I love the idea of the tag, brilliant!! biggrin.gif

Oh oh oh I want the vampire and the winter sitting in my room so badly. xd.png Wish I could afford them. tongue.gif

You guys did an AMAZING job. I would buy the winter plushie, if I was allowed to (I have $160 but I'm not allowed to spend any of it dry.gif ), or maybe the vampire. I love both breeds, especially how you guys made them.

I'm looking forward to seeing more plushies!

I've been wanting the dragons as plushies since the day I joined this site! TJ, if you see this, for your own sake, reconsider the plushie thing--you could become a VERY wealthy man giving a whole lot of people exactly what they love! Personally, if there was ANYTHING I could do to help plushies to be produced/shipped/etc I would be overjoyed to join in. I work from home, so it'd be no problem for me to put into my schedule.

The pieces presented here are amazing and well worth the asking prices mentioned. For handmade plushies of good quality and of dragons I love, I would be willing to pay anywhere from $60-$150 depending on size, quality, type, etc. For mass-produced plushies, depending on the same factors, I would pay anywhere from $20-$50. And I'd want every dragon on my scroll and then some.

Honestly, the biggest problem wouldn't be the shipping of the dragons. It'd be what to do 10 minutes after releasing the plushies when all 500 have already sold out and the people are beginning to riot.

Yes, I agree. The limited quantity would be a big problem ^^' If everyone would want to get a plush the only way to do so would be mass-manufacturing. Unless a designer would be willing to do repeated work which i doubt (i don't have to see a plush for a while anymore myself xd.pngD) Even with mass-manufacturing it would still leave most fans unhappy since quantitiy would still be limited due to the huge amount of DC fans that exist. Lets just say it wouldn't be an easy process..

I love the winter but won't be able to afford it for a couple of weeks...(We just paid rent)

To those who are making these and selling them (with permission of course), definitely include your labor into the price. Like most well-made crafts (I do historical costuming) these things take time and effort to make them look good.

I'll just tell you this... if nobody offers more than $200 it's already sold wink.gif

That is disappointing...Do want.

Those plushies are truly amazing.

I really admire plush artists (or all artists, in general), since I've tried plush making myself, and I'm really not cut out for it despite being good with my hands. happy.gif;

The Vampire dragon looks to be the PERFECT size for hugging/posing on your bed. I'm really amazed by the detail - brilliant job!

As for the Winter Dragon... *quietly steeples fingers* He/she'll be joining my army of Umbreons, that were also created by YutakaYumi.

Seriously, her work is gorgeous - I've seen her improve over the years, too, and it's really amazing. biggrin.gif

Either way, I'd definitely like to see more Dragon Cave plushies - an official beanbag line would be nice, but it can be expensive to have things like that mass produced.

For now, I'll simply settle for customs. <3