Jemindra

Plushies!

This is such a wonderful idea. Sabbita, your mom is a treasure for doing this.

You know what I think would be cool? A wiki for plushie patterns. Somewhere that everyone could go, comment on existing patterns, suggest improvements/changes, upload new patterns, post photos, all of that kind of thing. I don't know what sort of approvals would be needed for this kind of thing, does anybody? Plus, I have no idea how to set something like that up (but I'm sure I could learn if no one volunteered to do so).

The thing I worry about is standardization. In the event that plush dragons actually become a viable merchandise item, it would help if they were standardized, so multiple people could make them (if finding a manufacturer is just untenable).

One thing that people here may not realize is the cost involved in making something by hand, not necessarily in materials but in TIME. If the plush has any kind of detail at all beyond a simple cookie-cutter pattern, it can take a long time to put together. Never mind the time in the actual designing phase, all the trial and error... it adds up. That's why the hand-made items you see at craft fairs or on Etsy can be so expensive.

Having said that, this is such an excellent idea. I would totally buy every single dragon design that was generated. I collect plush/soft sculpture dragons, and lately I've been moving away from the mass-produced stuff to OOAK items. But if they're designed well, I will still buy the occasional mass-produced cuddle-dragon... Hee.

I would even volunteer to work on designs/patterns, but I know my limits, and I have way too much on my plate right now! rolleyes.gif It would be so cool, though...

*goes out to buy a bunch of lavender satin sheets* I'm SO gonna make a purple hatchling plushie. *takes out two yellow pieces of yarn*

>_> and... we have a design. And lots of charcoal plushie fabric because that's what Walmart had. And no permission for the storm dragon which is the only dragon that fabric would be good for.....

/headdesk

I would totally buy a dc plush

you know on the whole hatchling/egg idea?

we could do it like these dolls i alreay have i have a little plush pokeball that has a zipper un zip it and turn it inside out and it becomes a gingar pokemon i also have a egg to togpi one

we could could do it with eggs and hatchlings

If you'd have read the other pages, chickenhound, you'd have realised that we decided not to use them on the first page.

I attempted to sew today. It's a basic cuddly vampire egg. It should give people a good example. It's pretty amateur but it's an okay example. The thing is, when I smashed it on the ground, instead of killing whatever was developing inside, it bounced on the ground.

user posted image

I attempted to sew today. It's a basic cuddly vampire egg. It should give people a good example. It's pretty amateur but it's an okay example. The thing is, when I smashed it on the ground, instead of killing whatever was developing inside, it bounced on the ground.

user posted image

Oooh. Kewl. Except, isn't the angst a bit...thinner? And it looks like, well, a rock. Not bad though.

I want a winged Autum hatchie. So badly.

shiro hasn't given permission for autumns yet

Looking forward to what you'll be making Sabbita

yeah have company over the next few days. they will be gone... saturday?

user posted image

Oooh. Kewl. Except, isn't the angst a bit...thinner? And it looks like, well, a rock. Not bad though.

I want a winged Autum hatchie. So badly.

It's just my crappy quality camera. I will get a new one...eventually. Not all the details are on it though. I Didn't have time... oh well... it's nice to have a cuddly evil vampire egg to snuggle!

Okay, I am, if thats okay, attempting to make the following:

Eggs

Halloween Egg

Candycane egg

Black Egg

Winter Egg (Add glitter :3)

Hatchlings

Halloween hatcling (MAYBE xd.png)

Autumn hatchling

White Hatchling

Silver Hatchling

I'm quite experienced so yeah, I'll give it a shot :3

better get permission for them first! I've een extremely slowed down by artists' full inboxes dragging this into holiday season!

Edited by sabbita

O_o someone in the SD pointed me here. Wow. Well, I made a vampire plushie a little while ago. With permission. Cute egg!

If I had a pattern, I could help make them, These things do take time, and I think those who have volunteered to put in that time are fabulous, especially with real life things that go on.

lots of real life things going on >_> sooo annoying. Now dad's gotten on a health rant and he's forcing mom and me to do nothing but running, constantly. ugh....

O_o someone in the SD pointed me here. Wow. Well, I made a vampire plushie a little while ago. With permission. Cute egg!

Ahem. *Coughs. Points at cuddly vampire that could totally rip off my head at any moment.*

Would I be able to try my hand at making an egg?

Im a little new to sewing, but i pretty decent...If im allowed, i may be able to make one tonight or tommorow afternoon ^.-

XD~

Edited by XDragon52

Interesting... after my mother and I finish making Tarvi (story character of mine), I'll ask her to attempt making a Split with me.

I would love dragon plushies! It would be awsome! It could be added to the online shop and everything! happy.gif

Thanks!

If they made Dragon Cave plushy I'd want a Christmas dragon plush. Those are amazing looking. Those could be like a Christmas promotional o.-.o like the actual dragons themselves. 8D

The only person who I've given permission to (to make a plush with) is sabbita, so far. =/ I've seen a few other people post here going "I'm going to make this" without even trying to PM me first.

(The dragons I made: alt black hatchling (lying down), alt black adult, adult male silver, adult female silver, both silver dragon hatchlings).

That and the silvers are being tweaked a wee bit.

That aside, I love the idea of plushies being made. So cute and fuzzy. =D

The only person who I've given permission to (to make a plush with) is sabbita, so far. =/ I've seen a few other people post here going "I'm going to make this" without even trying to PM me first.

(The dragons I made: alt black hatchling (lying down), alt black adult, adult male silver, adult female silver, both silver dragon hatchlings).

That and the silvers are being tweaked a wee bit.

That aside, I love the idea of plushies being made. So cute and fuzzy. =D

and after I get back from skiing we will make the plushies (accessing dragcave from rapidly fading hotel network, low quality and intermittent connection)