MikaIkeda

How'd you get your first rare?

My first was way back a couple years ago, when my sister was nice enough to gift me a Silver that she bred. tongue.gif

My first rare was a (bunch of) christmas dragons. My second was a vampire, apparently one of the originals. Huh.

My first non-holiday rare was a paper dragon.

Edited by Shadowdrake

These are Rare, not uncommon. (Well I guess the Black is Very Uncommon? tongue.gif)

1: A Bronze Tinsel from the AP. (After so many times.)

2: Green Dino from the main cave. (Went to the Jungle section and a dino was sitting there.)

3: Black Egg from the AP. (Oh my, there's a black!)

My first rare was a silver. I got her on the Abandoned Eggs page by pure luck. You have to be oh, so quick to get a rare, they're gone in an instant!!

Second gen silver hatchling that I caught on the AP.

My first was a CB gold I managed to snag in the Cave back in Oct. 2008. I had been playing only 16 days and she was my 10th dragon. I now wish I had grabbed a lot more golds (and silvers! ) back then as they were quite plentiful. Still don't have a CB silver.

I think my first rare was my female CB silver. I was lucky enough to catch it at the hourly drop when I was fairly new.

The second vine I got hatched as an alt. That was in 2009, 2 months after I joined, and it remains my only alt vine. I've never been able to get another one.

I also caught a purple dino when they were first introduced, only because so many of them were dropping that day.

This gold was my first rare, caught via the rare departures thread. I was so happy to finally have a gold that I kept the get code page open for something like 5 days after, just so I could keep looking at it... tongue.gif

Well, a Silver Tinsel. I wouldn't go as far to call them "rare", but I got one when they were still kinda sought after, no matter the lineage. http://dragcave.net/lineage/BrHhf

I still don't think her as rare, but I'll tell the story anyway.

So, I visit a thread on a different forum, http://cheese.formice.com/forum/threads/dr...ick-them.15794/ , and my friend Tehdragon had one, and she bred her for me. At that time, no one on that thread had one, and they all were amazed.

So, I still don't think she counts, so here's my real first rare. http://dragcave.net/lineage/QiSWp

Basically, it's almost the same story. Tehdragon bred him, and she gave him to me.

An alt black that I caught as a hatchling in the AP. This was back in the days before teleport, so I'm pretty sure it was a trade that I accidentally intercepted.

My first rare was probably Lamia Draco, my Vampire. :3 I was lucky enough to catch him on the AP. ^-^ (His name means Vampire Dragon in Latin.)

I sadly forgot what my first rare was (I think it was a Magma though)

How I got it?

1. Went to my computer

2. Sat down in the chair

3.Went to DragCave

4. Did some things that have nothing to do with this

5.Went to the cave

6.Refreshed 427490349385759392 times

7.Saw a rare

8.Clicked on it

9.Got the rare

10.The end.

If vamps count, then that would be my first two vamps from the first Halloween release. If they don't, than it would be my first silver. Someone dumped it into the AP as a gendered hatchling. My guess is it gendered wrong since it was before influence.

Edited by aangs-sister

I'm fairly certain my first was a gift. Can't remember exactly what dragon, probably a silver or gold. All of mine but one or two were gifts, the last one being an insanely lucky AP Catch that never happened again.

Edited by Switch

My first-ever rare was an inbred Ice from the AP. I had no idea there was anything special about it at the time.

I was gifted a Cheese hatchie from the friend that introduced me to DCave.

And I think I snagged my 2nd Gen Gold Wyvern egg from the AP during the release.

Not sure if Vampires count on this list, but someone had an extra hatchie they dumped and I caught.

Um... I remember when I first joined I was obsessed with the Thunder and Lightning dragons, and someone on the IRC chat gifted me a Thunder egg.

I also caught a dino hatchling in the AP when it was still used for trading~

When Ridgwings were released, which was a day or two before I joined, I kept getting CB Tans, and people thought they would be really rare, so I traded a gold and a purple for one ^^

My first rare was a silver that was gifted to me by someone on the forums, I remember a few usernames but I can't remember who actually gifted it to me. Oh well. =/

I was a fast learner... my 5th and 6th dragons ever were a paper and a gold that I caught in the cave myself! It was waaaay easier back then, though, since there were only, what, 10 species or something? (I looked it up, 24 species when I joined) Plus there was only one cave and all the eggs were taken every drop, so no blockers. You just had to be quick. I've barely even SEEN a metallic since the biomes. I wish I'd had the foresight to collect CBs back then, but at the time I thought that was really boring and preferred to get bred dragons from the AP that had ancestors as old as possible... that was also well before lineages so most of my nice AP finds from back then are horribly long, messy, and inbred dry.gif

But anyway, it has made it fun to go back and re-collect everything... except for those darn CB metals. I sure wish I'd stocked up on those when I was actually able to catch them xd.png

Edited by PolarVortex

My first rare.. i think it was one of my messy metallics.. Well I traded for it. smile.gif I don't remember what exactly but I had to give a bunch of hatchlings. And that was while trading still had to be done via the AP. o.O

don't ask how many gallons of water I sweated. xd.png