cattygal210

~Superheroes vs Villains~

Tony peered ahead and sure enough, a large oak tree that had fallen at some point now blocked their path. "If you wish it. Ladies first," he replied with a smile, pulling his horse back a smidge so that Pharoh could take the lead. He also wanted to see it if she got hurt, just in case. He was very worried for her.

Rain was perfectly fine; she and Pharaoh had done this plenty of times before. His ears pricked forward, stride lengthened, and he neatly soared over the jump. She checked him, reducing his speed to a trot while she looked over her shoulder to see how Tony was doing.

Alright, well she'd done it successfully. He knew how to jump, so he wasn't afraid of embarrassing himself. Tony flicked the reins and brought his horse to a gallop, jumping him over the log just as she had and bringing his horse to a stop next to Pharoh. "Where were we?" He asked with a smile.

Rain didn't really realise she was batting her eyelashes at him; it was subconscious flirtation, or something along those lines. "I believe you were leading me somewhere," she replied, smiling at him. "Are we close yet?"

Tony arched a brow at her flirting. Well well, someone was growing bold. "Right this way, Madame," he replied with a wink, leading them forward at a steady canter. As he'd said, the place wasn't far, and soon he was dismounting near a small building. It looked very quaint, but nice.

Rain was indeed feeling much more at ease about him; but she felt she knew him so well anyway. She followed his lead, a little way behind him, looking about curiously. She wasn't familiar with this part of the wilderness. Pharaoh drew up alongside Orion, and she slid off his back with practised ease. Tying up his reins, she left him to graze before turning to Tony. "What is this place?"

Tony swiftly climbed off of his horse, keeping his distance from Rain's steed just to be sure. That thing was dangerous at both ends and crafty in the middle. Looking to his companion, he smiled eagerly. "It is a place best known for their foreign foods. From miles away, they bring us a dish called shwarma. Very tasty."

Rain immediately looked intrigued. "That sounds interesting," she said, looking up at the building with a gleam of excitement in her eyes. New experiences were usually good things, if she had learned anything in the past two days. She crossed over to him, realising that he probably wouldn't want to get too near to Pharaoh.

"It is, I assure you. This way," Tony replied cheerfully, taking her arm and leading her inside the place. It was small but brightly lit, only two other tables occupied in the place. The smell of cooking meat filled the place, and it didn't smell half bad. He did have a slight head ache but he doubted the two were related.

As Rain entered, she too felt an increase in her headache. There was something terribly familiar about the smell wafting through the place... She must have smelled it at a market before. "Why, the food here must be delicious if it smells so."

"Some don't like it, but those people aren't worth listening to," Tony replied with a wink, pulling out a chair for her at one of the tables. "They know me here, so we'll have my favorite out soon. You'll love it."

Rain nodded, her lips breaking into the grin she usually wore when around Tony. She took the seat with a quiet thanks, and glanced about the place. It was comfortable and friendly. She looked back at Tony, feeling a bout of shyness wash over her again at his handsomeness. She was a lucky girl...

(The amount of awkward when they turn back)

Tony noticed the looks he was receiving from her and couldn't help the swell of pride in his chest. He just felt good to know she admired him, more than it should probably. "How is your sister?" He asked, making small talk.

((I know right. xd.png Could they have one more kissy-kissy? Then is when she'll remember. tongue.gif))

Rain sighed softly, her smile fading somewhat. "We have not spoken since yesterday," she admitted. "I am still angry for what she had done yesterday. I am not sure how this will end." It was worrying that she might not make up with her sister, but what had happened had definitely unsettled Rain. It had been so strange.

(Sure!)

Tony automatically reached across the table and covered her hand with his own. "Fret not, if she is still cold by this time next week, I will talk to her personally. All right?" He asked with a smile. "Besides, she cannot stay angry forever and neither can you."

Rain hesitated for a moment before agreeing. "Alright. I suppose you are right," she said, glancing down at his hand. She placed her own hand on top of his, and looked up at him again, almost for assurance.

He gave her that reassurance in the form of a tender smile, bringing her hand to his lips and gently pressing his lips to it. "Things are often worse than they seem, Miss Rowe," Tony said wisely, right as their food was brought to them. It smelled wonderful, but in the presence of a lady he wouldn't just dig right in.

((OH GOD WHAT IF HE GOT HER DRUNK AND SHE DECIDED SHE LOVES MEAD OR SOMETHING-

asdfghjkl))

A giggle escaped Rain, and her hand went to her mouth. "I shall take your word for it," she replied, looking down at her plate as it arrived. She wasn't quite sure... "Now, how does one eat this?"

(Nonononononono he would flip out if they came to their senses and he saw he'd made her an alcoholic)

Tony looks up from his meal, realizing she wouldn't have te first clue. "Ah, my apologies- try a fork and knife my dear. I use my hands sometimes but it can be quite messy," he explained, holding up his own cutlery before cutting a bite off and chewing. Perfect.

(( â–¡-â–¡ I'm evil. xd.png))

Rain took up her own cutlery and nodded. She was glad to be sure of things. Cutting off a piece, she took a bite... "This is delicious!" she announced after swallowing. And then, a terrible pang in the back of her head; she winced and covered it up by reaching to cut another piece and eat it.

Tony smiled, chest puffing with pride at the fact that she enjoyed his meal suggestion. "I am glad," he said truthfully, relaxing and eating his meal. He didn't seem to notice that she was having trouble.

Rain actually made short work of her meal. It was full of garlic and delicious spices, which would have worried her if he wasn't having the same. That could have... prevented some kissing, if she got lucky. A bit of red coloured her cheeks. Patting her mouth with her napkin, she smiled across at him despite the pang in her head. "Thank you."

Tony ate with an equal amount of gusto, pleased as always with the meal. "Think nothing of it, I quite enjoy treating you," he responded, washing it all down with an ale. He didn't drink enough to get drunk- not when he was with her.

Rain interlaced her fingers. She wondered how the day would progess now. Would they go home? Would they find somewhere nice in the forest to stay for a bit? Still, there was that pang in the back of her head... It was like there was something extremely important she had to remember.

Tony tossed several pieces of good on the table, offering her a hand. "I should like to take a walk with you, if that is alright. The woods near here are quite lovely, and the horses will come to no trouble if they remain tied here."