cattygal210

~Superheroes vs Villains~

It was painfully obvious that the girl had no experience. Hell, maybe he'd court her for a while, just so her first time wasn't a bad one. Tony grinned widely and held up his own glass. "Thank you very much. To us," he toasted, clinking the glasses together.

Rain took a sip from her wine afterwards, positively radiating with excitement. She was lookkng pretty today after all~ Putting it down, she folded her hands in her lap. Oh, she would have so much to tell Sawyer when she got back!

"So Lady Rowe," Tony began. For some reason he kept talking, even though he was usually never this invested in a girl. There was just something about her. "Do you have any family? In the area?" He asked, taking a pull from his drink.

Rain settled herself down. She couldn't seem too enthusiastic (although really, she knew he knew that she was so). "Why, yes. My sister - Lady Barnes, married to James Barnes. She's a little bit older than I. You've probably seen her around town before,"she explained. "How about you?"

Tony frowned slightly and glanced away. "Nay. My parents died when I was young, and I was their only child," he replied softly. It was a sore subject. Luckily their food came just then.

Loki frowned and crossed his arms. "I can restore thine memories if I am permitted. All of them. We are not ment to be in this realm." He offered. There would be no surprise if his offer was rejected. After all, Loki was just some wizarding stranger to them. He raised a thin eyebrow at the remaining Avengers in his sight.

Natasha stared him down, then shook her head. "I don't want people in my head. I'm sorry," she said, though she smiled at him. Sometimes in her memories he was there. She felt like he'd saved her life somehow.

Rain's blue eyes grew concerned, and she nibbled on her lip. Oh. Well. She wasn't to know, was she? "I'm... Sorry about that," she said softly. It was then that a plate filled with potatoes, vegetables and white meat was placed in front of her. Aha. Good subject change.

((Do people eat with their hands...? I think so. Cause we wanted to go to this restaurant in Gauteng where they do a medieval banquet - costumes, appointed king and queen, everything. And my dad said you ate with your hands...))

(Higher classes would probably have a fork and knife of some sort)

Tony just shrugged, picking up a fork and sharp knife as his food was placed before him. "We were not close anyway," he replied, carefully cutting his meat and taking a bite. At least the food was good here.

Rain nodded sombrely, and then picked up her own cutlery. She cut into the turkey, popped some in her mouth off her fork, and chewed thoughtfully. After swallowing, she commented. "I am quite impressed by your recommendation," she said. It was certainly good food.

Tony smiled brightly at her, eyes twinkling with amusement. "If you must know, I come from an extremely wealthy family. I simply do not keep most of my money for myself. So, I grew up learning this kind of thing." The way she was acting suggested she thought him a commoner.

Rain blinked, mouth open slightly (thankfully, without food in it). "Oh - no, I didn't mean it that way!" she exclaimed. She was still the type to get flustered easily. "I just meant that I was impressed with yoyr good choice of meal..." Realising that her words had actually contained that sort of context, she flushed. She had not meant it like that. "I apologise..."

Tony reached across the table and covered her hand with his own. "I was merely jesting, don't fret. I know what you mean," he insisted, then reluctantly leaned back and resumed eating.

Rain froze, blue eyes wide as he made contact with her. His hand was rough, unlike that of her own or other noble men. But it was warm, and comforting... And still so very familiar. She liked it. The pain in her head from earlier came back once more, but more strongly than before. Wincing, she continued on wth her meal. "I-I am glad."

Tony tilted his head slightly, scrutinizing her face. "Are you well, Lady Rowe?" He asked in concern. He didn't want to do anything if she was ill or hurt. She had been fine a second ago. He for whatever reason was more susceptible to the mind control because he wasn't getting any flashbacks.

(Will we be cruel to them? xd.png )

(Oh, I think you know what I mean >:D Tony won't get his memories back very easily, but once he does, it would be pretty darn funny if they kissed)

((I was hoping you would say that >:D I really wanted something like this to happen, but didn't know if you would approve. ;P So, yeees.))

Rain straightened up, giving him a smile. "No, I am fine now." It wasn't completely true, but the pain was receding. Something else was fading away with it; but it was like trying to catch smoke. She paused for a moment more before eating once more. She was glad that he had forgiven her, but there was still something there... Feeling inexplicably drawn to him, her eyes darted to him from underneath her lashes.

Tony smiled as well, resuming eating with a certain dignity. He saw no reason to believe that she was lying, and he would be concerned if she was in any pain. Once his meal was finished, he leaned back and regarded her with a pleased smile.

Rain finished her food soon after Tony had. She looked up at him and smiled back. She felt comfortable around him. Like she was safe. Sighing gently, she retained her strict posture; not to mention that it made her look better in the dress when not slumped. "I must thank thee for the wonderful meal," she said.

Giving a modest shake of the head, Tony fished out a bag of monkey and began counting out gold pieces to pay for the meal. He also left a decent tip and stood, pulling Rain's chair out for her in a gentlemanly way. "You are most welcome, Lady Rowe. It is not often meet such beautiful women."

Rain stood, turning pink as she did so. Well then. That was very nice of him. "Thank you. That is very kind of you," she replied, trying to regain some dignity. What happened now? Would he say goodbye, or join her on the way back, or...?

"Might I accompany you to your home? As I understand it, a thief was seen in these parts recently, and I shudder to think what should happen to you if I were not there," Tony requested. It wasn't so much about getting into her bed, but rather laying.. Foundations one could say. He did care about her though.

Rain blushed gently at his words. He wanted to accompany her home~ How romantic. "I do still need to take Pharaoh home, however. He is wearing a side-saddle, so I'm afraid it is a choice between riding behind me or leading him back," she said, turning as she walked. Coming to the door, she opened it herself and went through, looking back again and letting the edge rest on the tips of her fingers so that he wouldn't be whacked in the face.

Tony walked out behind her, mindful of the door and tipping his head in thanks. "My horse is at the stable, but I feel like a bit of walking. I'll lead him, if you'll allow me," he requested, lips curling into a smile.